Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > JonBenet Ramsey

Notices

JonBenet Ramsey What really happened to 6 year old JonBenet? Someone is getting away with murder. All information posted on this site is gained through published documentation on this case. It is strictly opinion only.

Old 10-04-2006, 09:09 AM

Q's (Ransom note vs. Patsy's handwriting)

From the poster Tril 's signature at FFJ, I am just wondering how many people out there make their Q's like this:

(left) Ransom Note lower case "Q" (q) (right) Patsy Ramsey's exemplar lower case "Q" (q)

Source: http://www.acandyrose.com/02182003dh911motion.pdf (Page 31)

I know that the similarity of one letter is not causal evidence, but just how likely could it be that, if separate individuals were involved in authorship of the RN, Patsy and the "intruder" shared the same number 8 looking Q? Seems to be more than just a coincidence.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:58 AM

Looks like a figure "8", doesn't it? I don't know anyone who does it like that.

Quote:
but just how likely could it be that, if separate individuals were involved in authorship of the RN, Patsy and the "intruder" shared the same number 8 looking Q? Seems to be more than just a coincidence.
I don't believe in coincidences!
Old 10-04-2006, 12:22 PM
Remembering Little Miss Christmas

There's a reason Patsy was never excluded as the author of the ransom note - and those Qs are part of the reason.

I certainly do not believe any intruder would have been able to write a three page letter that looks that much like Patsy's handwriting. Even her own family members said the handwriting looked like hers.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Even her own family members said the handwriting looked like hers.
Including her own mother!

And I quote, people:

"Her writing may look similar."
Old 10-05-2006, 02:59 AM
WS Admin Mgr Co-Owner

Location: I have survived all the slings and arrows and live in a house filled with Love.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighl
From the poster Tril 's signature at FFJ, I am just wondering how many people out there make their Q's like this:

(left) Ransom Note lower case "Q" (q) (right) Patsy Ramsey's exemplar lower case "Q" (q)

I know that the similarity of one letter is not causal evidence, but just how likely could it be that, if separate individuals were involved in authorship of the RN, Patsy and the "intruder" shared the same number 8 looking Q? Seems to be more than just a coincidence.
To me, this is one of the biggest red flags..screaming that Patsy wrote the note.

Patsy and the writer of the note are the only two people who make their lower "q's" like this.

I'm with you Super Dave. I don't believe in coincidences.

THERE ARE NOW TWO TRUE CRIME RADIO SHOWS! LISTEN EVERY THURSDAY TO THE iHEARTRADIO.COM CLICK HERE TO LISTEN LIVE EVERY THURSDAY 8 PM EASTERN

FOR PAST IHEART SHOWS CLICK HERE

FOR THE BLOGTALK.COM TRUE CRIME SHOWS CLICK HERE THEN SCROLL DOWN

Join Websleuths on Twitter

Follow websleuths on Twitter

And Face Book of course
 | 

************************************************** **************************************

Tricia Griffith
tgrif@xmission.com
6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
Suite H # 214
Park City UT
Old 10-05-2006, 11:13 AM

Quote:
I'm with you Super Dave. I don't believe in coincidences.
Yeah, makes the little man in my stomach do cartwheels!
Old 10-07-2006, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighl

(left) Ransom Note lower case "Q" (q) http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/6...deditedvs2.jpg (right) Patsy Ramsey's exemplar lower case "Q" (q)

I must say that of all the evidence that exists in this entire case, this letter q is the most compelling to me.
There is so much 'non evidence' due to initial crime scene bungling and so much supposition, which, although compelling is not hard evidence (eg linguistic analysis of the RN) that using Steve Thomas's criteria the only way this crime will be solved is by a confession.
This is my first post here but I have read threads on the forum for a while now. I didn't want to post until I had a good grasp of all the source materials available.
Just wanted to say that I really respect the way Tricia runs this forum, encouraging debate and not censoring discussion. We all have the same interests - trying to find the truth in this.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:51 PM

Ouote by luckyeight:
"This is my first post here but I have read threads on the forum for a while now. I didn't want to post until I had a good grasp of all the source materials available."

Luckyeight,

Thank you very much. Many posters don't take the time to do that,it's much appreciated!
Old 10-08-2006, 01:53 AM

Ive never seen anyone do 'q's like that, i first thought leighl made a mistake when saying this was meant to be a 'q' is was like no..more like the number 8. I agree with Tricia thats a major red flag.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:17 AM
A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.

Okay, guys, I agree, so now what do you want to do about it????

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"
Old 10-09-2006, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poco
Okay, guys, I agree, so now what do you want to do about it????
What does that mean?