Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing but not forgotten Discussion > 2000's Missing

Notices

2000's Missing Persons missing between 2000-2009

Old 01-03-2006, 01:21 PM

Thoughts and prayers for Rachel and all her loved ones.

Hope this year brings them some answers.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:23 PM
Former Member

Search for Rachel Cooke continues, 4 years later

January 10, 2006
KVUE News

Tuesday marks the four year observance of the disappearance of Rachel Cooke. She disappeared during a morning jog around her neighborhood near Georgetown in 2002.

The entire community helped search for Cooke. A special task force of law enforcement agencies was even formed to help solve the case.

Missing posters of the 19-year-old from Georgetown can still be found at local businesses.

To this day, the Williamson County Sheriff's Office continues to receive new leads. Officials will not release any specific details about tips they've received.

Cooke's father also continues to hold onto hope that she will be found. He writes a special journal that you can read each week at http://www.kvue.com/news/rachelcooke

If you have information about the case, you're urged to call Williamson County CrimeStoppers at 1-800-253-STOP.

http://www.kvue.com
Old 01-11-2006, 07:56 AM

Have not touched base for a long time for Rachel

My heart breaks totally in two for all of the beautiful young women who have gone missing.

I am stricken by the similar appearance that Rachel and Natalie Holloway share.

In the beginning when Rachel went missing apparently on her morning run, my largest suspect - after getting all of the known facts of the case - was the sherifs officer that lived very close to the Cookes.

Robert, is this person still living in the same location, and is he still working for the Sherifs Department?

I also do not remember if your home was locked when you arrived OR if Rachel might have left the door unlocked when she left for her run.

God love you all, and help you always through this horror.

"""I am just a pixel in the universal plan."""
Old 01-11-2006, 03:53 PM

Just Thinking About Rachel!!
Old 01-23-2006, 01:09 PM

Leaving Websleuths

I apprecate everyone's support with my missing daughter Rachel's case and all of the other missing and other crime victims.

I have decided to leave websleuths due to the way they allow posters to discredit victims and their families. I realize this is a true crime discussion board but it should have some control because it deals with real people, not fictional TV characters.
Old 01-23-2006, 01:34 PM

I am sorry that you feel this way

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCOOKE
I apprecate everyone's support with my missing daughter Rachel's case and all of the other missing and other crime victims.

I have decided to leave websleuths due to the way they allow posters to discredit victims and their families. I realize this is a true crime discussion board but it should have some control because it deals with real people, not fictional TV characters.

Robert, I have been a poster here for eight years, and I do not recall any instance of which you speak. Perhaps you could site a particular case where this happened? I would appreciate it so much.

Please keep in mind that all posters here at WS and any other site that I know of, are limited in their knowledge of any given case. Law enforcement keeps their priviledge information close to themselves, therefore common people such as myself are not privy to that information. WE as WS'ers deal with half a deck of cards, WE do not have all of the information on any given case.

I will say we have some BRILLIANT people who post here, that IF IF they were given the WHOLE story, might very well be a diamond in the rough for solving many of the unsolved cases.

I have a perspective that I believe is unique to me, others have other specific abilities in sleuthing as well, and when COMBINED CAN LEAD to many avenues of investigative effort that remain DEAD to law enforcement, imop.

An olde thought that has remained in my mind is this.

'One person has an idea, and another person has an idea, yet when they come together they have a NEW and third idea, through the very act of communication, and new avenues of thought.'

My active interest in crime began when I was 14 years old, I am now 73, I am talking of 60 years of active interest. WE collectively cannot do a good job of anything UNLESS we have all of the information.

I personally grieve for your beautiful daughter, may her soul rest in peace, wherever she may be. Her picture remains in my mind as if she were in front of me, without even looking it up anywhere again.

I personally would be checking out the near neighbor, where is he? Is he still married? Is he still in law enforcement? What was his regular route for patrol? Where is the patrol car he had at his home then, now?

Good luck wherever you go.

Old 01-23-2006, 01:36 PM

I am going back to read ALL the posts, but what the hell happened here that RCooke felt he had to leave. This is very upsetting. I need to go back and read and not stick my foot in my mouth but if something has been happening that has upset this man, we have to really rethink things. Any insight?
Old 01-23-2006, 01:43 PM

Please don't go!

Dear RCOOKE,
Please stay. You have enlightened us in so many ways, and with your help on missing cases. I am truly sorry if anyone, (and hopefully I haven't) hurt you or others in any way. Sometimes we all make mistakes. Please don't let it get to you. You are doing great things. Please keep us informed.
Thanks,AND Prayers.
SS
Old 01-23-2006, 02:02 PM

I went to his WS page and tried to email, but rec'd a message saying he has chosen not to receive emails from here. I will try a pm but will also check to see if he has requested to be removed. Very sad. Here is a person who has first hand experience with so much to share. Sometimes I , too, read some of the posts and accusations regarding family members and just shake my head. Still hoping to understand what brought him to this point.
Old 01-23-2006, 02:31 PM
Somedays your the windshield.........

I think at times it is difficult for those who are Crime Victim Advocates to read the theories and possibilities explored on Websleuths in certain cases. I certainly understand Mr Cooke being offended by certain topics and opinions. Although we at Websleuths make every attempt to insure crime victims are not degraded we are not a Victims Advocate Forum. We are a Crime Forum where an attempt is made to discuss all aspects of the featured case as long as it is within TOS. I am truly sorry Mr Cooke has made this decision but I completley understand where his decision comes from and the pain and anger derived from reading cetain topics and posts. My thoughts and prayers are with Mr Cooke and the Cooke family in their ongoing search for Rachel. We are and will continue to be at his service to aid in keeping the search for Rachel active.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:22 AM

Bumping for Rachel..

Mr Cooke's journal has not been updated for her since January and I am hoping that everything is okay.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:39 PM
Founder, Project Jason

I spoke to Robert on the evening of Rachel's 4 year missing date. He was doing fine. I will be seeing him next week at a missing person's org training conference.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:40 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
I spoke to Robert on the evening of Rachel's 4 year missing date. He was doing fine. I will be seeing him next week at a missing person's org training conference.
Please give him my love. And you too, Kelly, always.
Old 02-03-2006, 04:22 PM

Quote:

RCOOKE
.I hope you reconsider ,This is exactly the reason you should stay .If you see any posts that offend you regarding a victim or their family member you should speak up and defend them because no-one can know what its like to suffer through something like this unless you have lived /living it.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:33 AM

Bumping for Rachel and her family.
Old 02-11-2006, 01:10 PM
Founder, Project Jason

I gave Robert your regards when I saw him at the convention. He's doing just fine. One of my board members and I spent Thursday evening with him. Authorities are still working on the new lead(s).
Old 02-11-2006, 04:32 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
I gave Robert your regards when I saw him at the convention. He's doing just fine. One of my board members and I spent Thursday evening with him. Authorities are still working on the new lead(s).
I so hope the new leads bring answers and Rachel home.
Prayers to Mr Cooke and his family.
Old 02-11-2006, 04:53 PM
Wherever you go, there you are...

Quote:

This post from RCooke should *never* have happened. *Never*. I am disturbed from the depth of my heart that a fellow poster, a person with a beloved child missing, has left WS's because of the lack of support and blame against the innocent victim of a crime from some posters here.

Discussion, weighing possiblities, and disagreements of such is what this site is all about. However, the bottom line of this site has always been about ***victims***.

Rachel Cooke, Natalee Holloway, and others...they did not plan the end of their lives. They have had it stolen from them and these beloved people are still being searched for. These families come here for support and help.

RCooke, I am so very sorry you have been let down. I am so very sorry that some who post here have caused you decision to leave. I am so very sorry you have been let down by a poster like myself.

Please, please return. There truly are more here in support of you and your family than not. Please....
Old 04-20-2006, 02:03 PM
websleuth addict

getting back on the subject of finding rachel...

i'm not a psychic believer...

but i do believe in following up on every lead.

Read this link by a psychic. She describes seeing a house and a body of water where she thinks rachel is. She also describes some things, but someone from the area would have to read it and then see if it matches up.

I mean really, how old is this case? It's worth a shot to read this if it can help bring peace to her family.

http://www.underworldtales.com/rachel.htm
Old 04-20-2006, 04:08 PM

Hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodierenee

Read this link by a psychic. She describes seeing a house and a body of water where she thinks rachel is. She also describes some things, but someone from the area would have to read it and then see if it matches up.

I mean really, how old is this case? It's worth a shot to read this if it can help bring peace to her family.

----->>>I went to the site, and clicked on Rachel Cooke, and could never get anything except her INTRODUCTION. I clicked on everything possible and got no information other that INTRODUCTION on how she operates.

???????????

Old 06-28-2006, 01:16 PM
Banned

Bump...
Old 06-29-2006, 02:31 PM
websleuth addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper
----->>>I went to the site, and clicked on Rachel Cooke, and could never get anything except her INTRODUCTION. I clicked on everything possible and got no information other that INTRODUCTION on how she operates.

???????????

Just go to the link that I specified. When I click on it it brings me right to it
Old 06-29-2006, 07:20 PM

Iam not a big on psychic too, but as the year's come and go on this case..I shoot would p on a electrial cord if i thought it would help..but i would not highly recomend this to anybody to try that be a good way to end your own life before it's time..just a example of how these case's can feel so cold after thinking about them for a long period of time..I remember when this happened her name really got my attention..
Old 07-12-2006, 06:29 AM

I wonder what happened to this beautiful girl? How can so many people just disappear without a trace? No one sees a darn thing? I just feel so bad for Rachel's mom and dad, family. How do they survive this? It is hard enough to lose a child to murder but to have her just disappear when all she did was go out to jog like she did everyday....and then she just vanished. I wonder if it was someone in the neighborhood that noticed her pattern of jogging every morning or someone else that was hanging around that noticed her pattern?

I hope that Rachel is found one of these days. Her family need to be able to bring her home and lay her to rest. And I hope that whoever has harmed Rachel is caught and punished. We want justice for Rachel...bless her heart.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodierenee

Mr. Cooke did read the link and what the woman had to say. Like he said though....there really isn't any information there. A body of water doesn't really tell you anything unless that person can tell you where it is located. The house doesn't really mean anything unless the person can give you a road or something to identify where the house is. A person can't just drive all over a huge city looking for a type of a house. The woman herself didn't feel that she had gained any info that would really help. She said she was going to try again but I see she hasn't tackled it again.

It is my understanding that psychics are unable to see street signs or signs of towns and they don't see license numbers. These are the things that would help find a person. You have to have something that can be identified or the info is worthless. Like someone else said...John Walsh says that he has never known of a psychic to solve a murder case or missing person's case.
I know that a few years ago the famed psychic Slyvia Brown charged $400 for a session with her. I don't believe that she has ever solved a case and anyone can tell you that they are talking to your deceased loved one. It really gets to me when psychics say that they have a gift and they use it to help others. If God or someone gave them a gift so that they could use it to help others why in the world do they charge $400 like Slyvia Brown does? It just doesn't make any sense to me. Gifts are supposed to be given away