Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Crimes in the News

Notices

Crimes in the News Read and comment about current crimes committed. Remember the copyright laws when posting news stories!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-17-2006, 04:38 PM
2sisters 2sisters is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,985
Exclamation shanda sharer murder, january 1992

Those of you from Indiana you more than likely remember this. i was 11, a year younger that Shanda and living about 90 min from where this took place. Shanda was a 12 year old girl and was tourtured for 10 hours and then burned to death after being 1/3 of a bizzare teenage lesbian triange. 2 of the 4 are already out and living among us. The following is very disturbing.
http://www.crimelibrary.com/notoriou..._sharer/1.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melinda_Loveless (the shorter, less disturbing version)
http://www.gatago.com/alt/true-crime/13793727.html
http://thinksink.blogspot.com/2006_0...k_archive.html (scroll to 3rd story)
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 2sisters For This Useful Post:
  #2  
Old 10-17-2006, 04:40 PM
michelle's Avatar
michelle michelle is offline
Joy comes in the Morning
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,037
I will NEVER forget Shanda. So freaking sad. Those girls should have gotten death, and to think one of them is walking around among us!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-17-2006, 04:44 PM
2sisters 2sisters is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,985
2 are out.Toni Lawrence and Hope Rippey are both living freely.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-17-2006, 04:48 PM
michelle's Avatar
michelle michelle is offline
Joy comes in the Morning
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sisters
2 are out.Toni Lawrence and Hope Rippey are both living freely.
Yea I forgot about the other one, they are both .
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-17-2006, 04:56 PM
narlacat narlacat is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NSW Australia
Posts: 9,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle
I will NEVER forget Shanda. So freaking sad. Those girls should have gotten death, and to think one of them is walking around among us!!!!
Like that Karla Holmoka, what a worry..

I remember this case, how awful.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-17-2006, 05:05 PM
michelle's Avatar
michelle michelle is offline
Joy comes in the Morning
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by narlacat
Like that Karla Holmoka, what a worry..

I remember this case, how awful.
I know!!!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-18-2006, 03:00 PM
montana_16 montana_16 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,355
I read a book on this case several years ago and it was horrible. From what I remember it was completely planned and premeditated. What they did to that beautiful little girl was horriffic.

I hate the thought that any of them are out.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-18-2006, 03:51 PM
Masterj Masterj is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 2,828
This story is horrifying. EVERY damn aspect of this crime is unimaginable. I keep going back to my initial thought though. She was 12 years old and involved in a sexual lesbian relationship? That blows my mind. I'm not passing judgment - please don't misunderstand. I am just shocked by how young these kids were and their lifestyle. It is a travesty that these two willing participants are allowed to walk free.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-18-2006, 04:01 PM
mocity mocity is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 377
Does anyone know what is going on with the two girls that are out of jail? Unbeliveable the things they did to poor Shanda and now they are out living their lives.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-18-2006, 04:48 PM
IdahoMom IdahoMom is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,655
Unhappy

Well, I just read about the case and I'm sorry I did.

Poor little Shanda. It breaks my heart to hear that right before she died, after being beaten and stabbed for hours, she was saying "Mommy". OMG.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-18-2006, 04:53 PM
michelle's Avatar
michelle michelle is offline
Joy comes in the Morning
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,037
I had nightmares for awhile after I read this book. I could not sleep without picturing shanda in my mind. It was terrible.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-18-2006, 04:58 PM
IdahoMom IdahoMom is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle
I had nightmares for awhile after I read this book. I could not sleep without picturing shanda in my mind. It was terrible.
OMG
When I hear stuff like this, it makes me wish I could turn back time.
I am a paranoid parent as it is.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-18-2006, 05:11 PM
narlacat narlacat is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NSW Australia
Posts: 9,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by mocity
Does anyone know what is going on with the two girls that are out of jail? Unbeliveable the things they did to poor Shanda and now they are out living their lives.
No, I don't know Mocity.

Maybe google the girls names....
Melinda Loveless
Lauri Tackett
Hope Rippey
Toni Lawrence
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-18-2006, 05:14 PM
michelle's Avatar
michelle michelle is offline
Joy comes in the Morning
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoMom
OMG
When I hear stuff like this, it makes me wish I could turn back time.
I am a paranoid parent as it is.
You and me both!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-18-2006, 05:22 PM
2sisters 2sisters is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle
I had nightmares for awhile after I read this book. I could not sleep without picturing shanda in my mind. It was terrible.
when it happened i was 11 and we lived not too far from whre these girls are from and it scared me to death and my mother was scared to death too, I remember when we heard about it and all the detail, i didn't even know what a lesbian was at the time. It did and still does disturb me.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-18-2006, 05:24 PM
narlacat narlacat is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NSW Australia
Posts: 9,284
Mocity
The two that are out are Rippey and Lawrence.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-18-2006, 05:32 PM
michelle's Avatar
michelle michelle is offline
Joy comes in the Morning
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sisters
when it happened i was 11 and we lived not too far from whre these girls are from and it scared me to death and my mother was scared to death too, I remember when we heard about it and all the detail, i didn't even know what a lesbian was at the time. It did and still does disturb me.
Its one of the most Horrific Murders I have ever read about. I can still remember them describing how shanda was when they found her, that is the description that gave me MANY sleepless and restless nights. I swear this stuff scares the hell out of me as a parent!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-18-2006, 05:43 PM
narlacat narlacat is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NSW Australia
Posts: 9,284
It did my head in too.
I wished I hadn't happened upon it when I first read about it.
I'm not sure how healthy it is to focus on all the bad stuff in this world.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-18-2006, 05:48 PM
michelle's Avatar
michelle michelle is offline
Joy comes in the Morning
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by narlacat
It did my head in too.
I wished I hadn't happened upon it when I first read about it.
I'm not sure how healthy it is to focus on all the bad stuff in this world.
I am telling you I had to STOP reading all the "True Crime" stuff. I started reading about Ted Bundy and Diane Downs when I was like 13, and I have read MANY books. At night sometimes My mind is going a million miles a minute thinking of all the tragedies and I cant sleep. Its not healthy but I have always been interested in "Why" and the "Mind" of these people.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to michelle For This Useful Post:
  #20  
Old 10-18-2006, 05:53 PM
narlacat narlacat is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NSW Australia
Posts: 9,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle
I am telling you I had to STOP reading all the "True Crime" stuff. I started reading about Ted Bundy and Diane Downs when I was like 13, and I have read MANY books. At night sometimes My mind is going a million miles a minute thinking of all the tragedies and I cant sleep. Its not healthy but I have always been interested in "Why" and the "Mind" of these people.
There's really no mystery Michelle, people who commit murder are just very unevolved souls and where there is good, there is always bad, it cannot be any other way.

Not sure I've heard of Diane Downs......geez I'm slippin' lol
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-18-2006, 06:02 PM
michelle's Avatar
michelle michelle is offline
Joy comes in the Morning
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by narlacat
Not sure I've heard of Diane Downs......geez I'm slippin' lol
You are slipping Narla! http://www.crimelibrary.com/fillicide/downs/
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-18-2006, 06:13 PM
narlacat narlacat is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NSW Australia
Posts: 9,284
Hey thanks Michelle
I'm not right up on True Crime and don't watch any of those CSI type shows.
I'm not sure what got me interested in the JonBenet case which is how I found WS.
I think maybe my child was 6 at the time....that was one reason.
And I guess I just love kids and once I saw how cute JB was....I had to know what happened to her.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-18-2006, 06:16 PM
michelle's Avatar
michelle michelle is offline
Joy comes in the Morning
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by narlacat
Hey thanks Michelle
I'm not right up on True Crime and don't watch any of those CSI type shows.
I'm not sure what got me interested in the JonBenet case which is how I found WS.
I think maybe my child was 6 at the time....that was one reason.
And I guess I just love kids and once I saw how cute JB was....I had to know what happened to her.
I still need to know about her. I want to know exactly what happened.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-18-2006, 06:27 PM
narlacat narlacat is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NSW Australia
Posts: 9,284
Me too.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-18-2006, 06:35 PM
michelle's Avatar
michelle michelle is offline
Joy comes in the Morning
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by narlacat
Me too.
You think we ever will? I dont think so.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:05 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!