Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Crimes in the News

Notices

Crimes in the News Read and comment about current crimes committed. Remember the copyright laws when posting news stories!

Old 11-08-2006, 02:04 PM
"Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

Mom's Boyfriend Charged In Baby's Death

Mom's Boyfriend Charged In Baby's Death

STAFFORD, Texas -- A 19-year-old man has been charged in connection with the death of a 21-month-old child, KPRC Local 2 reported.

Fort Bend County sheriff's deputies said Jasmine Hicks was found not breathing at her home in the 3000 block of Dove Country Drive on Friday.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:06 PM
Former Member

It seems there will never be an end this.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:10 PM

I know. It's sickening!!
Old 11-08-2006, 03:12 PM

I'd like to read more.. is there a link? TIA!
Old 11-08-2006, 03:20 PM
Banned

The weasel threw her against a wall!!!! Heres a link :::

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/disp...n/4318648.html
Old 11-08-2006, 03:26 PM

picture of him

Here's a pic

http://www.click2houston.com/news/10265334/detail.html
Old 11-08-2006, 08:50 PM
It's never to late to be who you could have been

How is he not charged with murder?
Old 11-09-2006, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teonspaleprincess
How is he not charged with murder?
I don't understand this either. Charged with 'Injury to a child'. The little girl is DEAD dammit
Old 11-09-2006, 12:46 AM

More charges may be filed.

From link above:

The injury to a child charge, a first-degree felony, could later be upgraded to capital murder, which is punishable by death or life in prison, said Fort Bend County District Attorney John Healey.

A capital murder charge is possible because state law allows that charge if the victim is under age 6.

"As in any case where the potential for capital murder exists, the evidence will be seriously scrutinized by our office prior to making a decision," Healey said Tuesday.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:50 AM
Banned

the article said it would most likely be upgraded to Murder, but they have to have the evidence tight..so until they are done investigating the charges will stand..

"A capital murder charge is possible because state law allows that charge if the victim is under age 6.

"As in any case where the potential for capital murder exists, the evidence will be seriously scrutinized by our office prior to making a decision," Healey said Tuesday."
Old 11-09-2006, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mssheila
I'd like to read more.. is there a link? TIA!
Sorry!! http://www.click2houston.com/news/10265334/detail.html
Old 11-10-2006, 10:20 AM

A child is 8 times more likely to be abused when there is a boyfriend or stepfather in the house. These mothers should be charged with something. When you have a young child to care for, the last thing you should be looking for is a boyfriend.

I am so sick of hearing this. Most of these severe abuse cases are always done by boyfriends.

I am going to sign up and train to be a child CASA advocate out here for cases that generally will involve some sort of abuse. You better believe that if there is a boyfriend in the house, I will take that into consideration when I do my reports.

Where is the fathers of these kids at?
The Following User Says Thank You to Nocgirl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2006, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocgirl
A child is 8 times more likely to be abused when there is a boyfriend or stepfather in the house. These mothers should be charged with something. When you have a young child to care for, the last thing you should be looking for is a boyfriend.

I am so sick of hearing this. Most of these severe abuse cases are always done by boyfriends.

I am going to sign up and train to be a child CASA advocate out here for cases that generally will involve some sort of abuse. You better believe that if there is a boyfriend in the house, I will take that into consideration when I do my reports.

What can we do to prevent this in the first place? I'm thinking mandatory parenting classes in high school. Sure, not everyone wants to be a parent but many become parents willingly or not. Educating about how likely it is for an unrelated male (and sometimes females) to abuse children would be a good thing, too.

I think it's great that you are going to train to be a child CASA advocate. Is that for the courts?

Your question about where the fathers are makes me think that if the biological fathers were involved with their children, these boyfriends might think twice before taking their anger out on children.
The Following User Says Thank You to SewingDeb For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2006, 02:20 PM

Yes I am going to be a child advocate for the courts on a volunteer basis. We work in conjunction with CPS but CPS is so terribly shortstaffed they assign a CASA to a case.

I am a mother of a 2 year old and I know how precious and how dependent children are.

These women that get these loser boyfriends often have a track record of making poor decisions. The dads sometimes get the short end of the stick as in most cases mom gets custody. In cases where dad is not involved at all, it is even worse.

The legal standard of being a parent is VERY low. Personally if we could sterilize these woman that would solve alot of the problems.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:29 PM

Just my , but between this story and another thread about a child whose sperm donor "father" slammed her against a sink and used a cattle prod on her among other things, I'm thinking our legal system needs some direct and clear-cut sentencing for those who abuse children under age 3 or so. As in, try the abuser and if he (or she) is found guilty, the sentence is an immediate and unappealable LWOP (or DP--makes no difference to me).

It won't stop irresponsible mothers from exposing their infants and toddlers to predators (because that's what these men are), and it won't act as a deterrent to the predators, but at least it offers some level of automatic justice for the victim. You cause injury or death to a small, defenseless child because of your rage or dysfunction or substance abuse or whatever and you forfeit your own existence. No excuses, no extenuating circumstances.

Thanks for letting me rant.
The Following User Says Thank You to CatMama3 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2006, 11:37 PM

I like the idea of an automatic sentence for abuse of a very young child. Too many idiots out and living among the rest of us. Guess we'll have to build more prisons at the rate these things are happening though.
Old 11-11-2006, 12:09 AM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFWifey
Just my , but between this story and another thread about a child whose sperm donor "father" slammed her against a sink and used a cattle prod on her among other things, I'm thinking our legal system needs some direct and clear-cut sentencing for those who abuse children under age 3 or so. As in, try the abuser and if he (or she) is found guilty, the sentence is an immediate and unappealable LWOP (or DP--makes no difference to me).

It won't stop irresponsible mothers from exposing their infants and toddlers to predators (because that's what these men are), and it won't act as a deterrent to the predators, but at least it offers some level of automatic justice for the victim. You cause injury or death to a small, defenseless child because of your rage or dysfunction or substance abuse or whatever and you forfeit your own existence. No excuses, no extenuating circumstances.

Thanks for letting me rant.
I vote for automatic death penalty. Something has got to get into these losers' head....KILLING BABIES IS NOT ALLOWED!
Old 11-11-2006, 01:22 AM
I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane

They put people caught with a bag of pot away for longer amounts of time then they do these scumbags!
The Following User Says Thank You to OneLostGrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2006, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocgirl
Yes I am going to be a child advocate for the courts on a volunteer basis. We work in conjunction with CPS but CPS is so terribly shortstaffed they assign a CASA to a case.

I am a mother of a 2 year old and I know how precious and how dependent children are.

These women that get these loser boyfriends often have a track record of making poor decisions. The dads sometimes get the short end of the stick as in most cases mom gets custody. In cases where dad is not involved at all, it is even worse.

The legal standard of being a parent is VERY low. Personally if we could sterilize these woman that would solve alot of the problems.
Amen to that! The most important job in the world (parenting) and any idiot can have a try. I wish we could sterilize these women, too!
Old 04-18-2010, 07:47 AM
Doer of Things

On 8/21/09, Detrick Ellis was sentenced to 30 years.

This thread currently has over 350 cases with a brief synopsis of each and we are still adding additional cases.

You can access a spreadsheet that lists the cases in alphabetical order with the page & post number so that you can locate a particular case you may be interested in. It also contains links to any cases that already have a thread on WS.

Many cases do not have a thread. Please feel free to start one in the appropriate forum if you would like to look into one. Should you start a thread on one of these cases, please let me know so that I can add the link to the spreadsheet.

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in alphabetical order:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in country order:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBBcGVid0lmUHc
=======================================

Forum: Jury Room
Thread: Cold But Not Too Old Murder Case List

This is a listing of newer but still cold cases. As with the above thread we will be adding as we go along. Most of these cases will probably have threads. If you do start a new one, please let me know so I can add the link to the spreadsheets. The spreadsheets may be accessed from the links below.

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in alphabetical order:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mlNV2lSQ1dDWHc

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in country order:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBIaHRnR1g0SEE
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Belinda For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2010, 07:28 PM
Banned

you know i think these sentences are ridiculous.

didnt the woman who shot her sons molester in court get life? the sicko probably would have gotten probation for molesting her kid........

the case i worked on the girl got 40 to a 100 for killing a drug dealer/rapist who she never even met. and this guy throws a baby up against the wall and gets way less.

ridiclous.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kbl8201 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2010, 05:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocgirl View Post

OT and I know this was an old post, but I'd like to thank the poster for this message as it is a severe eye opener for me. I have a 3 year old daughter and I'm 7 months along with my 2nd daughter..my 3 year old's daddy passed away last year, but he had very good intentions of being a good dad - may he rest in peace.

When I was 5 months along, the father of my 2nd baby left me without another word..moved in with friends, got himself a new girlfriend with a felony record, got himself into his own trouble with the law, changed his number, and refuses to have anything to do with me or the baby. Most everyone I know has advised me to seek out child support and hold him responsible for what he's done. In recent weeks on one of his many drunken nights out with his criminal girlfriend, he's called me from a private number to berate me, make fun of me and my "bastard children", tell me how I'm so awful and restraining (because i wouldn't allow him to drink, that made me a horrible g/f) that my first babydaddy killed himself (not true) and then passed the phone to his new girlfriend to brag about how she caught such a "prize" and to tell me she'd love to kick me in the stomach and give me a homemade abortion. I dismissed all these actions as being those of an alcoholic and someone who's obviously running scared at the responsibilities of becoming a father..because at first when he found out, instead of saying he didn't want a child - he proposed to me and bragged about becoming a dad. Now I'm looking at these actions in a much different light thanks to Websleuths and the content posted here by members such as you.

I will not be putting his name on the birth certificate. I will not seek child support. It isn't worth it to me to potentially risk someone who so obviously does not want and probably cannot be a dad hurting my child, or allowing his immature, criminal, and spiteful girlfriend to hurt my child either. Thank you for opening my eyes on the alarming fact that not everyone has the good intentions in their heart I like to think they do.

To add to that, I've been thinking during my pregnancy about how depressed I am that he could do this to me..and how I can't wait to get my body back so maybe hopefully I can find someone to take my mind off of him and distract me from my depression. Not anymore. Forget a boyfriend, forget moving on from him..I have two little girls who mean more to me than myself or anyone/anything else..and if something happened to them, I'd probably turn homicidal - just being honest. Simple pleasure like dates, attention, and sex are just that - SIMPLE pleasures. Not in the least comparable to the "highs" and the joys I feel knowing I've done a good job by my daughters and that despite not having fathers, they are loved immensely and will always be well taken care of so help me God as long as I'm alive.

So, thank you again. Amazing how eye-opening and therapeutic reading other people's thoughts can be. God bless our children.
The Following User Says Thank You to southernbrunette For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2010, 06:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbl8201 View Post
you know i think these sentences are ridiculous.

didnt the woman who shot her sons molester in court get life? the sicko probably would have gotten probation for molesting her kid........

the case i worked on the girl got 40 to a 100 for killing a drug dealer/rapist who she never even met. and this guy throws a baby up against the wall and gets way less.

ridiclous.
Who will stand up and speak out for the most precious and innocent of victims, as it's obvious our judicial system will not?

Perhaps is there was more vigilante justice it'd send a message to the supreme court?
The Following User Says Thank You to southernbrunette For This Useful Post: