Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Bizarre and Off-Beat News

Notices

Bizarre and Off-Beat News Strange news stories!

Old 01-29-2004, 01:21 PM
Banned

Unhappy 10-month-old drowns in toilet

Why do parents leave their little ones unattended!!!!???!!

~~~~~~

LONDON, Kentucky (AP) -- A 10-month-old girl drowned after falling into a toilet in her family's home, police said.
Brianna Morgan, who had just begun learning to crawl and walk, got into the bathroom, then pulled herself on top of her mother's jewelry box which was on the floor, police said. She apparently leaned over and fell headfirst into the toilet, which held six inches (15 centimeters) of water.

Full Story from CNN
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/South/01/....ap/index.html
Old 01-29-2004, 01:44 PM
Banned

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. Our local paper told of a 7 month old who drowned in the bathtub. The mother left her unattended with a 4 year old while she went to get towels and a diaper. (Should have gotten BEFORE the bath)
These mothers are so absent-minded
Old 01-30-2004, 06:40 PM

That is horrible!!! It's terrible that babies are left unattended like that. Where were the parents???
Old 01-31-2004, 01:42 AM
Pyrrhonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpharee
I was thinking the same thing yesterday. Our local paper told of a 7 month old who drowned in the bathtub. The mother left her unattended with a 4 year old while she went to get towels and a diaper. (Should have gotten BEFORE the bath)
These mothers are so absent-minded
Somebody tell me WHERE the mother had to go for the towels and diapers? Japan? A kid doesn't drown in two minutes, although they can get a lungful of water, but that can easily be dispelled by a parent. (don't get me wrong, leaving a 7 month old in a tub with a 4 year old in charge is stupid)

Nobody can watch their child every second of every day. But I sure don't understand why they don't wonder where their children are after five minutes. And if you'd just close the toilet lid, you'd have a few extra minutes to catch up with them when they slip away.
Old 02-01-2004, 12:05 AM
Banned

I will never understand these Mothers like this.......I know how babies are, been there, done that, but I NEVER left my child unattended. My child was never out of my sight more than a few seconds. NEVER. Some call me overprotective but I just call me safe