Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Located Forum Discussion

Notices

Located Forum Discussion Discussion for those who were missing and are now located

Old 02-24-2007, 11:16 AM
Help Find Maura Murray

MO - Mary Carey, 60, St. Louis, Feb 2007

Amateur chase leads to body in trunk

ST. LOUIS (AP) - The family of a missing woman spotted her car early Friday and chased down the suspect, before police arrived and found the missing woman's corpse in the trunk.

St. Louis police identified the victim as Mary Carey, 60, of Wellston, who disappeared Tuesday. The cause of death was not yet known.

Police were saying little. Broadcast reports gave this account:

Around midnight, Carey's relatives were in a car when they saw a man driving Carey's car. The relatives began a chase that ended at 12:15 a.m. when the car being chased hit a Metro bus and was then struck by the car chasing it.

When officers arrived, the relatives urged police to open the trunk of the woman's car. Inside, they found her body.

Police said the driver of the car being pursued had been Carey's boyfriend. He was hospitalized with serious injuries.

http://www.newstribune.com/articles/...ate17trunk.txt