Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials

Notices

Trials Current Trials In the news

Old 05-27-2007, 01:45 PM
Former Member

Cal Harris on Trial for Murder of Still Missing Wife

Michele Harris is still missing. She was in the process of getting a divorce from her wealthy husband, Calvin. Her vehicle was found with the keys in it at the entrance of their driveway. He is now on trial for her murder. Here are a few links with photos and information.

This is Michele.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...s_michele.html

http://www.eveningtimes.com/articles...news/news1.txt

Michelle was still living under the same roof as her soon-to-be ex-husband with their four children. His family and he are influential and wealthy. After the divorce, she would have been set for life.

She was dating a much younger man at the time of the murder. The defense is trying to pin the murder on him saying that he had moved to be closer to Michele, giving up his job, a girlfriend and a home for her, only to realize that she wasn't as serious about him as he was about her.

I really feel that the husband murdered her. However, this is a weak case with little to go on because her body has never been found. Her blood was found in the garage. Henry Lee was due to testify in this case about blood spatter that was found. I feel certain that his credibility will be brought into question with the happenings in the Phil Spector case.

Calvin Harris reminds me of Perry March. I just hope that justice is served for Michele and her family.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanandjim View Post
Michele Harris is still missing. She was in the process of getting a divorce from her wealthy husband, Calvin. Her vehicle was found with the keys in it at the entrance of their driveway. He is now on trial for her murder. Here are a few links with photos and information.

This is Michele.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...s_michele.html

http://www.eveningtimes.com/articles...news/news1.txt

Michelle was still living under the same roof as her soon-to-be ex-husband with their four children. His family and he are influential and wealthy. After the divorce, she would have been set for life.

She was dating a much younger man at the time of the murder. The defense is trying to pin the murder on him saying that he had moved to be closer to Michele, giving up his job, a girlfriend and a home for her, only to realize that she wasn't as serious about him as he was about her.

I really feel that the husband murdered her. However, this is a weak case with little to go on because her body has never been found. Her blood was found in the garage. Henry Lee was due to testify in this case about blood spatter that was found. I feel certain that his credibility will be brought into question with the happenings in the Phil Spector case.

Calvin Harris reminds me of Perry March. I just hope that justice is served for Michele and her family.
Yes, it seems the defense wants to recall Dr. Lee to the stand to discredit him and his testimony because of the Spector fiasco.

I am not so sure this is a weak case though. Missing body cases are getting guilty verdicts more and more these days.

The juries just dont buy the "she can come through that door at anytime" defense mumbo jumbo anymore.

imoo
Old 06-05-2007, 04:09 PM
Former Member

What a beautiful woman. I'm sorry for her children and her family.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:23 PM
"Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

I had not heard of this case until today. I think they have the right man from what I've read at the search results on this new site:

http://www.eveningtimes.com/shared-c...Michele+Harris

(lots of articles!)
Old 06-09-2007, 01:12 PM
Former Member

Guilty!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingDeb View Post
I had not heard of this case until today. I think they have the right man from what I've read at the search results on this new site:

http://www.eveningtimes.com/shared-c...Michele+Harris

(lots of articles!)
Well - Cal was found guilty!! He cried loudly in the courtroom. Amazing...tears for himself, obviously.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:17 AM
"Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

http://www.stargazettenews.com/apps/...DATE/306080001

HARRIS TRIAL: Verdict surprises but pleases many in Owego
Old 01-15-2010, 09:04 PM

On Dateline now
Old 01-15-2010, 10:09 PM

who has custody of the 4 children?
Old 02-13-2010, 01:34 AM

i am so glad he was convicted again. no one else had reason to want michele dead no matter how much mud his family slung her way...and why on earth would she have made it all the way home, where her van was found, if that was not where she was killed? i think CH ran out of time after he killed her, hid her body, cleaned up and then had to be ready for housekeeper and kids to get up for school, etc...and had to just leave the van there at end of driveway and try to explain it away, which he did with that so-called witness at 2nd trial, which went over like a lead balloon...i am from this are originally and my dad was very close to Cal's Dad so i do not have any vengance against the Harris family, who provide tons of jobs in the area, so i do not believe that two juries were poisoned...that is ridiculous. People take jury duty very seriously in 99.9% of cases, it would be very hard to "throw" two juries...