Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing but not forgotten Discussion > Lisa Stebic

Notices

Lisa Stebic Missing from Plainsfield, IL. since April 30, 2007. On July 12, 2007, Craig Stebic was named as a person of interest in his wife's disappearance.

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 01:18 PM
always. SS~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihadcabinfever View Post
Were the kids allowed to talk to Police or anyone to tell what they might know yet? These poor kids are probably really anxious , How long can he hold out?
Until the kids are 18 and he has no control over them and what they say?! No, to my knowledge, I have seen nothing where the kids have been allowed to speak to the authorities.

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
Just realized it's today:

Fundraiser for the Lisa Stebic and Children's Fund:

Sunday, July 1

What: Plainfield Jaycees is hosting a pancake breakfast.

Cost: $10 for adults, $3 for kids 6 to 12, free for kids 5 and younger

When: 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Where: Ira Jones Middle School, 15320 Wallin Drive, Plainfield
Did anyone get any new info at the Pancake Breakfast worth sharing? I couldn't make it.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:11 PM

All quite

Did the family ask at the breakfast that people don't discuss anything more on the boards? I'm surprised that nobody has posted anything on this site or CTV board since the breakfast.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:50 PM

I was at th breakfast all day yesterday(volunteer) There isn't much to report....other than status Q,,Great loving family, still no progress....Need volunteers for search sat. July 14th. I still find it interesting that cs does not show any support.(does not attend or help behind the scene in any way) I do believe that there is a strong poss. that Lisa is near. Ie: Silver Springs park....to find her we need to think like a degenerate would...it is hard for us to think with our normal every day brain and find her. The person who made her disapear is not a normal everyday thinker.....
Old 07-02-2007, 07:05 PM

I'm glad to see such a large local turnout. I saw where there were people there from Joliet which I know is close to Plainfield. Probably not a lot being discussed on the boards because there's no new info.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:18 PM
I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo

Thank you, ocean, for sacrificing your day to volunteer at the fundraiser for Lisa.

I don't think it makes Craig look very good at all, not showing up for these events, tailored to help bring Lisa home. I don't understand how he explains that to the kids. I would think it would help them, being proactive! And would help them to know that even though their parents were divorcing, that their father cared enough about the children to want to see their mother brought back home.

IMO, it makes Craig look all the more guilty!

But, like someone else said, maybe he's convinced them that their mother ran off with someone and that it would be a waste of their time helping or looking.

Those poor kids. I feel so badly for them.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:13 PM
always. SS~

Yes, I would say it does lend itself to his looking even more guilty by not bothering to attend or help look for Lisa. However, his scumbag divorce attorney probably advised him not to! It didn't play well with SP or with Bobby Cutts Jr. after they were arrested.

Old 07-03-2007, 05:34 PM

I cann't make the connection between cs's divorce attny and criminal.....I mean isn't he a little outta his league. Perhaps he has some knowledge...
Old 07-03-2007, 05:41 PM

Liz, it was one of my greatest honors in life to be at the pancake breakfast. Lisa's family is so beautiful...it is enriching to be in their midst...Iwishthere were more we could do.

Last edited by ocean; 07-03-2007 at 10:49 PM.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean View Post
I cann't make the connection between cs's divorce attny and criminal.....I mean isn't he a little outta his league. Perhaps he has some knowledge...
Has it been reported if CS and his attorney have any relationship other than client attorney? Are they friends or hunting buddies?
Old 07-03-2007, 09:28 PM
always. SS~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean View Post
They don't want to hire a criminal atty at this point to further place him looking more guilty, but someone is instructing them from that side. I would bet the Divorce Atty is working closely with the one who will eventually take his criminal case when they come up with evidence.

Old 07-03-2007, 10:48 PM

seriously Serching, Hunting buddies, wouldn't that just be.....interesting....yes I believe you are right, some one is advising them and will probably be the one to take over the case. Perhaps another hunting buddy
Old 07-04-2007, 06:42 AM
always. SS~

I don't see him running in the same social circles as the Attys. He is rather the 'country bumpkin', if you ask me. He just wouldn't fit in, IMO.

Old 07-05-2007, 09:33 AM

Today's news: http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/lo...185182921.html

Sounds like something may give in the next week or so! Let's hope so.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:37 AM

And in the Naperville Sun today:

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/n...BIC_S1.article
Old 07-05-2007, 02:18 PM

I really hope they have something.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Too View Post
Today's news: http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/lo...185182921.html

Sounds like something may give in the next week or so! Let's hope so.
I hope so, too. Right now, C.S. is just having fun. There is now a nice big boat in his driveway. Don't know if it's his or a friends, but it is obvious that his focus is far from helping his children find their mother.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:56 PM
Cockroach

Anyone know what "blog" LE is referring to? And how long do forensics take? Seems like forever!
Old 07-05-2007, 05:04 PM
WS Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockroach View Post
Anyone know what "blog" LE is referring to? And how long do forensics take? Seems like forever!
According to this article

Quote:
But those messages - which can be found on the "Find Lisa Stebic" message board at www.voy.com/211695/ - have left many following the case wondering whether the authorities will finally declare Craig a "person of interest."
I've never heard of it and haven't checked it out either.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:39 PM
always. SS~

Sounds like LE is getting frustrated with the whole situation, too. Maybe the forensics and the search will further the case ahead for them.

Old 07-05-2007, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicoliving View Post

But those messages - which can be found on the "Find Lisa Stebic" message board at www.voy.com/211695/ - have left many following the case wondering whether the authorities will finally declare Craig a "person of interest."

I read through a lot of those threads on voy.com. REAL CREEPY! Does anyone get the idea that "matt" is really C.S.? I made one post and it seemed like he was trying to figure out who I am rather than debate my points by the re-posts.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:57 PM

Cockroach,

The blog being referred to is www.voy.com/211695/

Lots of posts there, most of them garbage from who seem to be kids. But, there must be something buried in there that LE's glommed onto. I've been on that site, but got disgusted with the B.S. people were posting there. Lots of junk. I don't have time to wade through it all.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by closeobserver View Post

I read through a lot of those threads on voy.com. REAL CREEPY! Does anyone get the idea that "matt" is really C.S.? I made one post and it seemed like he was trying to figure out who I am rather than debate my points by the re-posts.

CloseObserver,

Yes, I am wondering just who "matt" is, too. Yes, there are lots of very creepy posts and some very immature ones there. You'd think that with such a serious subject, they could stick to the topic at hand, but there are all kinds of posts there, some are just ridiculous. I started going there after Lisa disappeared, but quickly got turned off and looked for some serious discussion such as this one. Those folks have nothing better to do.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicoliving View Post

Chicoliving,

Don't waste your precious time. Lots of kids on that site, just looking to make idle talk. I've been there, not productive.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by closeobserver View Post
I hope so, too. Right now, C.S. is just having fun. There is now a nice big boat in his driveway. Don't know if it's his or a friends, but it is obvious that his focus is far from helping his children find their mother.

That's outrageous! A nice, big boat??? I hope it sinks, with him in it! This is disgusting - his estranged wife is missing, his children are motherless, and he's going boating?????? Very sad. I guess this is what he's saying to the rest of the world - !

I really wonder how those poor kids are doing!
Closed Thread