Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Crimes in the News

Notices

Crimes in the News Read and comment about current crimes committed. Remember the copyright laws when posting news stories!

Old 05-31-2007, 11:23 AM
Professional Lurker

Wendy’s manager shot over chili sauce

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18948833?GT1=9951

MIAMI - A Wendy's manager was shot several times in the arm early Tuesday trying to protect the restaurant's chili sauce, authorities said.
A man in the drive-through argued with an employee because he wanted more of the condiment, police said. The worker told the customer that restaurant policy prohibited a customer from getting more than three packets.

The man insisted on 10, reports said. The employee complied, but police said the customer wanted more.

When the manager came out to speak to the man, the customer shot the manager, Miami-Dade police spokeswoman Mary Walters said. He was taken to Ryder Trauma Center at Jackson Memorial Hospital with non-life threatening injuries, police said.

more at link.

I don't get it. LOL
Old 05-31-2007, 11:32 AM
Former Member

He shot someone, over little packets of hot sauce?! That's just...wow! I like that stuff myself, but not more than my freedom... *fizzle* *pop* Pardon me, I think that might have short circuited my brain...
Old 05-31-2007, 11:36 AM

My gosh this has got to be a joke?!... Ok me personally I would of just given him the dang 10 packets to get them the heck up out of there.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:42 AM

So the manager was shot in the arm while trying to "protect" the sauce? Sorry, that would never be me. If I could tell that someone was obviously in "unreasonable mode" I would step back, remove myself from the moment and give them ALL the hot sauce. That will either calm them or help them see their own ridiculousness, either is fine. My arm (hopefully) would remain intact.

They either need to promote this manager for loyalty to company above and beyond the call of...OR put him in a less visible position for his lack of ability to make a judgement call! (saying this tongue in cheek)
Old 05-31-2007, 11:46 AM
I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft...

I used to work at a Taco John's when I was in college. The manager told us that if someone came to rob the register, we were supposed to fight them and try not to give them the money.

Riiiiiight.

I'm not taking a bullet for money, and I'm certainly not taking a bullet for sauce! But, it sounds like the manager was trying to keep the customer happy and the guy shot him anyway. How much you want to bet drugs were involved?

Old 05-31-2007, 11:53 AM
Professional Lurker

Yeah, it says that he got his 10, but wanted more and when the manager came out to talk to him the guy shot him.

I read that and I thought "unbelieveable!!"
Old 05-31-2007, 03:13 PM

I only guessing, but the issue most likely was not the sauce. The manager possibly went out to deal with a customer who was unmanageable/unreasonable, maybe high on something. Very likely the manager was trying to calm the customer and get him to pull away from the window in an effort to help whoever was working at the window.

JMO
Old 06-28-2007, 05:17 PM

I worked for a fast-food restaurant for 6 years. They are very strict as to how much condiment you are supposed to get with certain items. They act as though every penny they lose is going to break them. I'm sorry but I would not take a bullet because a customer wanted 4 packs of ketchup with their fries. That's just ridiculous. They make enough money to give them what they want. What happened to the customer is always right?

Bless You Boys! You're off to the Black and Gold Superbowl!!!
Old 06-28-2007, 11:55 PM

What a jerk. Guy could have hit up an all night grocery and avoided any problems with the stupid hot sauce! Wow...crazy people are amazing!
Old 06-29-2007, 12:20 AM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glow View Post
So the manager was shot in the arm while trying to "protect" the sauce? Sorry, that would never be me. If I could tell that someone was obviously in "unreasonable mode" I would step back, remove myself from the moment and give them ALL the hot sauce. That will either calm them or help them see their own ridiculousness, either is fine. My arm (hopefully) would remain intact.

They either need to promote this manager for loyalty to company above and beyond the call of...OR put him in a less visible position for his lack of ability to make a judgement call! (saying this tongue in cheek)
Yep, exactly how I see it.

Kinda like an old tv western.........step away from the sauce and no one gets hurt.