GUILTY NJ - Amy Giordano, 25, Hightstown, 8 June 2007

opme

Reaction score
http://www.nbc10.com/news/13480204/detail.html?dl=headlineclick

Police said a toddler who was found abandoned in the parking lot of a Delaware hospital on Saturday had a note on him, but they did not release what it said.

The 12-to-18 month old toddler was found outside Christiana Medical Center by a hospital employee at about 12:45 p.m. Saturday after they heard a little boy screaming in a shaded area.

Although he was alone, police said he was bathed, was wearing clean clothing and appeared very well cared for.
http://www.nbc10.com/news/13480204/detail.html?dl=headlineclick ..................................
My FIL was disturbed and felt it was terrible crime to leave this little boy abandoned but I have to say i disagree. This boy who has been well cared for was left outside a hospital a fairly safe location where he was likely to be found quickly. I would have felt better had the parents placed the child inside the lobby or elsewhere in the hospital I suspect they did not due to the law limiting the safe haven to 14 days old or younger and the likihood of the cameras which could have snapped their pictures.. I would rather have had the parents give up their rights rather than hear of another child suffering as so many have and havee read of it here as we do with so many children...

what brings someone to this?
did the parents have no support system?
i can't imagine what it would take for me to abandon my kids somewhere.
but i guess a hospital is as good a place as any, i'm thankful that a hospital employee found him, not a bad guy...

Wow, we've been through some pretty tough stages with my little guy, but I can't imagine ever abandoning him.
The parents must have been absolutely desperate. If they have other family, they must be asking where the child is.

i just looked at the linked article, he is a cutie too. so sad for him.... he's old enough to miss his mommy.

This is so very sad, and I hope this little boy is raised by a loving, stable family. I am very glad that whomever abandoned him, most likely his mother, chose to do this rather than an unspeakable alternate choice that we see more and more of. He had been recently bathed and seemed to be well cared for, so in some way the parent(mother?) did care about him. This does not excuse the fact that he/she abandoned that sweet little boy. I am just very glad that she left him at a hospital and did not harm him.

Lion

http://www.nbc10.com/news/13480204/detail.html?dl=headlineclick

Police said a toddler who was found abandoned in the parking lot of a Delaware hospital on Saturday had a note on him, but they did not release what it said.

The 12-to-18 month old toddler was found outside Christiana Medical Center by a hospital employee at about 12:45 p.m. Saturday after they heard a little boy screaming in a shaded area.

Although he was alone, police said he was bathed, was wearing clean clothing and appeared very well cared for.
My FIL was disturbed and felt it was terrible crime to leave this little boy abandoned but I have to say i disagree. This boy who has been well cared for was left outside a hospital a fairly safe location where he was likely to be found quickly. I would have felt better had the parents placed the child inside the lobby or elsewhere in the hospital I suspect they did not due to the law limiting the safe haven to 14 days old or younger and the likihood of the cameras which could have snapped their pictures.. I would rather have had the parents give up their rights rather than hear of another child suffering as so many have and havee read of it here as we do with so many children...

I don't know the location of this hospital, but if it's anything like the hospitals around here, they are all located on very busy streets. If that child had wandered off from where he was abandoned, he could have been seriously injured or killed by passing traffic.

That said, I am glad he was left at the hospital, but I only wish whoever had left him in a building instead of a parking lot.

What a little doll he is! I wonder why they wont release what was in the note?

The parking lot is fairly busy and he could have been hurt had he wandered in front of a car. At his height no one would have seen him in front or behind them...also I wondered too if the parent(s) had actually watched to see that someone found him or if they truly just walked/drove away. I cant imagine how desperate the situation must have been to drive him/her/them to the point of giving up this littel cutie.. I could never have done so.

Opme, this is so true. This poor little one could have been injured by a vehicle or who knows what could have happened to him. I also wonder if the parent(s) watched until he was found and safe. Regardless, it was an awful thing to do, and I, too cannot imagine the desperation the person(s) may have felt. My heart goes out for this dear, little boy.

Lion

It's very possible that whomever left him was still "around" and keeping an eye on him, but not obviously enough to be noticed - to make sure he didn't wander off or into the street........

I think this is a wonderful story when you compare it to all the druggies and idiots that let their kids starve or their boyfriends beat them to death....

I have to wonder, though, with there being a note (details of which aren't being released), if there's suspicion that something happened to his parents and that perhaps they didn't abandon him of their own free will?

I wonder if he has some kind of medical problem that his family couldn't deal with financially or emotionally.

He looks foreign I wonder if the parent(s) were in fear of being deported but they wanted a better life for him in the US?

What a little doll he is! I wonder why they wont release what was in the note?
i would think they are witholding it to try to use it to verify family members if they step forward, i'm sure they would not want to hand this baby over to the wrong sort of person.

This happened about 45 minutes from me so I was watching the news last night and while they didn't release the exact wording of the note, the did say that the note indicated that the parents were willingly abandoning the child. While this totally pisses me off beyond belief, I guess it's better than the alternative, which we see here much too often.

I wish I was rich, I would adopt this little guy.

IMO, this note must have some telling details other than "take care of me" for them not to be releasing what it said. It may get out by someone in the hospital. The police are certainly not the only ones who know what it said.

Across the Chesapeake Bay in Baltimore, MD, early Saturday morning another mother abandoned her toddler in a stroller, near a church... thank goodness LE was in the area and happened upon the little girl sitting in a stroller, just after midnight. The mother has been charged with reckless endangerment and child abuse.

http://wjz.com/local/local_story_160084053.html

http://cbs3.com/local/local_story_161170421.html

Tuesday police released the contents of a note found attached to the boy.

The handwritten note written in uppercase lettering read:

PLEASE HELP MY BABY JOHN VINCENT. I CAN NO LONGER TAKE CARE OF HIM. LOST JOB, LOST MEDICAL. GOD HAVE MERCY ON ME.

"The note was found in the baby's diaper. It was found during the investigation by hospital staff. It was turned over immediately to investigators," said Delaware State Police Cpl. Jeff Whitmarsh.
.......................... more at link above....................................
So sad .. for both the parent and this little one. Unfortunately I think that there are many families living just one pay check away from a situation such as this..

Oh good. The note gave his name. Maybe there was a birth certificate filed. Wouldnt it be wonderful if they could find out who he is?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back