Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Crimes in the News

Notices

Crimes in the News Read and comment about current crimes committed. Remember the copyright laws when posting news stories!

Old 06-28-2007, 03:34 PM

I watched Nancy Grace last night interviewing the husband. I'm not going as far as to say I suspect the husband, however was I the only person that noticed that this man was about 5 foot 3 and around 120 pounds? He obviously was small; he couldn't have weighed more than that. The video footage showed him in a home playing with kids and standing next to another woman, who I perceived to be his wife's sister. He was the same height as the sister. Just an observation I thought was strange.

I am six feet tall and I can tell you that the sister was not a tall woman.

It would also be interesting to know whether the stab wound was in the front or the back of the neck. This could indicate her familiarity with the killer. An unknown person would probably approach her from behind, therefore stabbing her in the front of the neck. A known assailant would have greater access to her, possibly stabbing in the back of the neck since they would be facing her, or even embracing her.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:14 PM
Be Better at Every Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
I saw that interview too, nan. I thought he was believable except for when NG asked him if she was afraid of that area (IIRC) and he said something to the effect that she really enjoyed her job, and that this was her time away from the family and she liked contributing to the finances this way.

OK, maybe she's different than I am.....but delivering newspapers at 5 a.m. is not my idea of "me-time".

(I just thought that was kind of strange. I'll try to find the transcript because my memory sucks.)
I would have liked to have had a job as a paper route person while raising my girls it would have made me feel I was contributing (in our case not neccessary) and still have been with my girls while they were growing up. I even checked into it but did not have the opp.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:59 PM

I don't find it odd that she found her job enjoyable at all. In fact I was a district manager for the old Raleigh afternoon paper years ago. I would have LOVED just to have a rack route like hers. The job is actually pretty easy, and if she loved just driving around then the whole thing makes perfect sense.

It's been years since we lived there, but I know the area well. I found it SO upsetting when I heard this because I can just picture her out there.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:19 PM
Former Member

Slain Mom's Family Announces $10K Reward

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/1545315/

The family of a slain pregnant woman stabbed to death more than two weeks ago announced on Friday a $10,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction of the person responsible.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingTheChaos View Post
That is correct, I had 3 in 4 years, (of course, I'm a 37 year old lady - the clock was ticking!). I know a girl who had 2 before she was 25, she had a family history of uterin, or ovarian cancer (can't remember which) & her docter recommended she have her babies young, & then get a hystorectomy. Some choose to have babies young , while others wait - it is a personal choice.

I had three kids by the time I was 22 yrs and 2 1/2 years later I had my fourth. I'm glad that I had my kids in stair steps. If we would have had to wait until we had the resources to have kids I probably still wouldn't have any. No one did without anything though and they dressed as well as any other kid in school and we had a lot of love in our home too. It is a personal preference. I would in no way want to wait til I was in my 30's or later to have kids.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:36 AM

Quote:
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/1545315/

The family of a slain pregnant woman stabbed to death more than two weeks ago announced on Friday a $10,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction of the person responsible.
Hopefully this will bring some new leads!
Old 06-30-2007, 11:03 AM

Somehow I've missed where the POI sketch came from...who saw what and provided the description?
Old 06-30-2007, 11:22 AM
WS Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsie View Post
Somehow I've missed where the POI sketch came from...who saw what and provided the description?
This article doesn't say exactly 'who' gave the tip of this guy, but he was seen by someone in the area close to the time Jenna's body was found. I wonder if he's the homeless man who gave LE the knife?

JMHO
fran

http://wral.com/news/local/story/1510945/
Old 06-30-2007, 11:34 AM

Thanks, fran! I'll keep checking wral (and ws of course) for news.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:29 PM
Retired WS Staff

Family Vows to Change NC Fetal Homicide Laws

RALEIGH, N.C. — The father and husband of a slain pregnant woman vowed Friday to do everything in their power to change North Carolina's fetal homicide law, which bars prosecutors from seeking double murder charges.

"This is the murder of two human beings," said Kevin Blaine, whose daughter, Jennifer Nielsen, was eight months pregnant when she was killed two weeks ago.

"There's no reason an unborn child shouldn't be recognized in the case of a homicide," he said. Added Nielsen's husband, Tim: "It needs to be changed, and it needs to be changed as soon as possible."

Jennifer Nielsen, 22, was pregnant with her third child when she was found dead behind a Raleigh convenience store in the early morning hours of June 14. Authorities said she had been stabbed in the neck.

No arrests have been made, and her family offered a $10,000 reward Friday for information that leads to the conviction of her killer.

Nielsen had been delivering USA Today to local stores when she was killed. The newspaper published a plea for help shortly after her death, prompting a flood of calls to law enforcement, but police haven't named any suspects.

Although prosecutors cannot seek two murder charges in such cases, the fetus could serve as an aggravating circumstance and allow prosecutors to seek the death penalty.

http://www.wral.com/news/state/story/1546058/

Old 07-01-2007, 12:31 AM
Former Member

WRAL is really on this case. I hope all the attention helps:

Murdered Mom's Family, Friends Hit The Streets To Find Her
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/1549050/

On Saturday, 30 volunteers handed out fliers in downtown Raleigh and near the convenience store where Nielsen was found dead. They’re hoping the personal push will lead to a break in the case.

Nielsen’s father, Kevin Blaine, walked through the State Farmers Market asking vendors if he could hang posters about his daughter’s murder.

“All it’s going to take is one phone call,” Blaine said.
(more + pics at link)
Old 07-01-2007, 02:04 PM
Retired WS Staff

Quote:
WRAL is really on this case. I hope all the attention helps:

Murdered Mom's Family, Friends Hit The Streets To Find Her
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/1549050/

On Saturday, 30 volunteers handed out fliers in downtown Raleigh and near the convenience store where Nielsen was found dead. They’re hoping the personal push will lead to a break in the case.

Nielsen’s father, Kevin Blaine, walked through the State Farmers Market asking vendors if he could hang posters about his daughter’s murder.

“All it’s going to take is one phone call,” Blaine said.
(more + pics at link)
This is such good news that at least our local media is giving Jenna's murder some attention. There has to be someone who knows something about who the POI is.

Old 07-03-2007, 09:54 PM
Inactive

i heard about this tonight on NG's show...just horrible

i also thought the sketch looked like a woman...small man, that's for sure....wonder at what distance, the witness saw this person from?.....

i'm probably in the minority here, but it came close to making me angry at the husband for allowing his 8 month pregnant wife to deliver papers .....ok, i KNOW "allowing" isn't the right word, & maybe Jenna insisted on doing it, but my GOD, why on earth would she want to leave her home at 2:30 am to deliver papers with SO much crime going on.....it's still dark & she'd have to get out of her vehicle to put these papers in the boxes in front of these businesses......just a horrible job for a young pregnant woman to be doing in the wee hours of the morning, IMO......

i hope they find the person that did this!!
Old 07-03-2007, 10:13 PM
"Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

I had the same thoughts close enough. I wouldn't want to do that job alone in the wee hours of the morning, pregnant or not.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
I watched Nancy Grace last night interviewing the husband. I'm not going as far as to say I suspect the husband, however was I the only person that noticed that this man was about 5 foot 3 and around 120 pounds? He obviously was small; he couldn't have weighed more than that. The video footage showed him in a home playing with kids and standing next to another woman, who I perceived to be his wife's sister. He was the same height as the sister. Just an observation I thought was strange.

I am six feet tall and I can tell you that the sister was not a tall woman.

It would also be interesting to know whether the stab wound was in the front or the back of the neck. This could indicate her familiarity with the killer. An unknown person would probably approach her from behind, therefore stabbing her in the front of the neck. A known assailant would have greater access to her, possibly stabbing in the back of the neck since they would be facing her, or even embracing her.
I also hate to think it's the husband but I noticed a few things, too. Not only body size similar to the composite description. Am I hallucinating or did anyone else see the camera zoom in on his forearm at one of the press conferences, and it looked like he has big tattooed letters on his forearm? Like a gang member? Hmmmm.

The more he says, the more I wonder about him. Why is he so adamant that the killing wasn't random, but that the murderer "had a reason for being there"?

In a picture of Tim with Jenna and their kids, he looks VERY stressed or unhappy--something wrong there. It doesn't make him a killer, but ya gotta wonder.

You are right, the stab wounds could indicate if the assailant was known to her and thus had easier access to her (that sounds so awful, sorry). It occurred to me that the murderer might have been hired (although with their money situation that might have been impossible). The murderer might have been the person to provide the "composite" to the police, and invented a composite which looks like a blend of Jenna and Tim out of his imagination or subconscious. I do wonder where the composite came from.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:17 AM
Former Member

Jenna Nielson

Is there a thread somewhere for Jenna Nielson, the pregnant newspaper carrier who was murdered? I just read the autopsy report and came directly here to read more but I can't find her anywhere which surprises me. Could someone link me or at least point me in the right direction? Thanks!
Old 07-23-2007, 03:24 AM

I know that there was. If you go back through the pages on the forum that you are in now you are sure to find her.

I wonder if they will ever catch the person who murdered her. I saw the story about Jenna on one of the programs the other night. She was such a cutie...loved her job and was looking forward to the birth of her 3rd little boy. They said that the baby was over 6 lbs and totally healthy. They just didn't find Jenna soon enough to save the baby.

It was also said that she fought her attacker. They figure that he came up behind her and held a knife to her throat and when she resisted the knife cut an artery that caused her to bleed to death right away.

I just wonder if the guy who killed her was just drifting through that town and is long gone now. I hope they catch him because he should have to pay for what he did to that beautiful mom and wife.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:37 AM
Former Member

I read that her pants and underwear were pulled down below her knees and they think it may have been an attempted rape. I dunno, these pregnant ones, I think they get me the most.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixie View Post
I read that her pants and underwear were pulled down below her knees and they think it may have been an attempted rape. I dunno, these pregnant ones, I think they get me the most.

Yes, I remember hearing that too. What kind of a monster would try and rape a big and pregnant woman I hope they catch him so we can find out just who this sicko is and see him go to prison of course.

I've looked through all of the pages here and I can't find her story anywhere. I know it is here somewhere. Do you have any idea?
Old 07-23-2007, 05:35 AM
WS Admin

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthr...nant+newspaper

I'll merge them
Old 07-23-2007, 12:57 PM
Former Member

Thank you! For some reason I couldn't find this anywhere!
Old 07-23-2007, 02:48 PM
Anxiously Awaiting a WINNING NFL Season!

I don't find it curious at all that she enjoyed delievering papers. I love working! It gives me a chance to feel like I'm more than just "Mom" (not that that title isn't enough! I love my son, but before him I worked so being home with him all day kinda depressed me).

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~
Old 07-23-2007, 08:10 PM
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixie View Post
Is there a thread somewhere for Jenna Nielson, the pregnant newspaper carrier who was murdered? I just read the autopsy report and came directly here to read more but I can't find her anywhere which surprises me. Could someone link me or at least point me in the right direction? Thanks!
where did you find the autopsy report?....can you post a link?
Old 07-23-2007, 08:28 PM
Former Member

autopsy report

http://ncstormtrack.com/asset/news/l...opsyReport.swf
Old 07-23-2007, 08:51 PM
Former Member

Anybody seen this yet? (or maybe I'm just way behind )
http://justice4jenna.weebly.com/

The photos are a bit heartbreaking to look at now. Lots of her wedding.