Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Up to the Minute

Notices

Up to the Minute Breaking news happening right now! (This is not for crime news. Please post breaking crime in the "Crimes in the News" forum).

Old 06-27-2007, 07:20 AM
Joy comes in the Morning

Rosie and her dressed up daughter's pic....

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,286835,00.html Maybe rosie was just dressing her up? I dont know, the news seems to think it was for attention???
Old 06-27-2007, 09:51 AM
Former Member

As I said to my daughter yesterday, Rosie is N.U.T.S!

Using your kids in any ploy, art, political or for attention is a serious disorder. She needs help.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:06 AM
Former Member

I think its sick. If Rosie wants to make people aware of children fighting wars around the world then she should get a picture of THOSE kids and post it on her blog.

I don't usually have an opinion when it comes to Rosie but taking that picutre of her child is WRONG, (In my opinion of course)

Jubie
Old 06-27-2007, 11:23 AM
Former Member

Poor kid
Old 06-27-2007, 11:25 AM

The bullet belt is not real, it is fake.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:01 PM
Country Girl

vivi looks bored stiff to me...
Old 06-27-2007, 12:24 PM

I think Rosie said that she didn't dress Vivi up like that. She was playing with her brothers and was wearing that and Rosie though it was a good picture.

I don't thinks she's using her kid to make a political statement. It is what it is, a kid playing and a parent taking a photo. I don't agree with everything Rosie says, but this is being blown out of proportion IMO.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:52 PM

I think Rosie is nuts. Political statement or not, how did it get on TV? I feel sorry for her children. I really do.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvbeaches View Post
I think Rosie is nuts. Political statement or not, how did it get on TV? I feel sorry for her children. I really do.
It was on HER blog, probably taken from FoxNews or one of those tabloid shows. That's the thing, while everything on the 'net is pretty much open for public viewing, those that hate Rosie flock to her blog and report what she's writing there. She doesn't send that stuff in, they come to her. And then they twist it to fit their agenda and bash her for it.

Her blog is where she writes her thoughts and answer questions. It's funny that the people that hate her can't stay away from there.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:25 PM

Here's some interesting q & a on Rosie's blog from about an hour ago:

joanne writes:

why do u do this blog, subject yourself to this negativity?

listen jo
this is my own tv station
free
4 all who seek it out
i have done no interviews
if u r here - it is because u chose to come

this is the newset
and best
art form

Crystal writes:

Pic of Viv -cool
I used to play cowboys & Indians w/ my brothers & cousins - I was the nurse for whichever injured party-HA-but they didnt give me much time - the boys had more fighting to do. Smile

she is sometimes the army nurse
walks around with a roll of toilet paper
tending the others

Jen writes:

Sadness in her eyes….whether she is pretending or if she is putting on the farce for you…as a parent I can see it in her eyes as if I was looking into my own child’s. Shame on you.

u c what u want 2 c

Elly writes:

I really believe in what you stand for: peace. The picture did not evoke that, instead I felt hopelessness. As a mother, I found it very disturbing. Just being honest.

art cannot hurt u
only make u think
and feel

leslie writes:

My 4 year old has discovered star wars. he runs around the house shooting everthing in sight. It’s part of growing up. Everyone needs to relax. A child’s creativity is a blessing

yes
wild 2 me
Old 06-27-2007, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopper View Post
I think Rosie said that she didn't dress Vivi up like that. She was playing with her brothers and was wearing that and Rosie though it was a good picture.

I don't thinks she's using her kid to make a political statement. It is what it is, a kid playing and a parent taking a photo. I don't agree with everything Rosie says, but this is being blown out of proportion IMO.
I agree Shopper! Rosie is one of my LEAST favorite people, however, kids play dress up and boys tend to want to play army and little sisters immitate big brothers (I did). Playing with toy guns is really getting people all paranoid for no reason. When I was growing up, if there were no toy guns, we used sticks...Cowboys and Indians etc.

I'm glad to see she isn't feminizing her boys and allowing them to be kids.

I will say that Rosie's not too bright (again, no news to me) if it didn't even cross her mind what her fans' reactions might be to the picture, considering her anti-gun stance. It does show that she is a bit of a hypocrite on the subject but most of us already know that those who don't think others should have something think it's perfectly OK for them. The government and they know what's best for us and it doesn't apply to them. Same ole, same ole.
Disclaimer: while I have graduated law school and hold a JD, I am not yet licensed to practice. Therefore, if I say anything which could possibly be considered legal advice, or if I explain anything related to legal matters, rules of evidence, legal procedures, or anything related to law, please be aware that I do not yet hold a bar card and we have no attorney/client relationship. Please always, always talk to a personal attorney, and follow their directions. Please also follow the TOS in regards to all unverified posters. Thank you!
Old 06-27-2007, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
I agree Shopper! Rosie is one of my LEAST favorite people, however, kids play dress up and boys tend to want to play army and little sisters immitate big brothers (I did). Playing with toy guns is really getting people all paranoid for no reason. When I was growing up, if there were no toy guns, we used sticks...Cowboys and Indians etc.

I'm glad to see she isn't feminizing her boys and allowing them to be kids.

I will say that Rosie's not too bright (again, no news to me) if it didn't even cross her mind what her fans' reactions might be to the picture, considering her anti-gun stance. It does show that she is a bit of a hypocrite on the subject but most of us already know that those who don't think others should have something think it's perfectly OK for them. The government and they know what's best for us and it doesn't apply to them. Same ole, same ole.

Well, with some people Rosie can't win no matter what she does. If she allows her boys to play with their sister's Easy Bake oven, some will say she's trying to force them into being gay, as if.

While I don't think she dressed up Vivi and made her pose, I agree with you that she knew it would get a reaction. And boy did it ever!
Old 06-27-2007, 01:43 PM
Former Member

Quote:

In an e-mail to The ShowBuzz, she said:
"They don't watch TV – this is how they play/the boys had fatigues and were playing war/the girls wanted some/they run around the house with water guns/shooting each other." (snip)

She is a liar, kids who don't watch tv don't dress like the Taliban. Vocal gun proponants don't have such "artillary" around to play with, those were no water gun bullets.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:45 PM

Children at Risk

Rosie is putting her four terrific kids at terrible risk by maintaining that public photo page at Flickr.com. Any potential stalker or kidnapper can go to Flickr.com and put "Rosie O'Donnell" in the search, and pull up dozens of photos of Rosie's house, kids, cars, dogs, etc. I don't care how many bodyguards she has...she is practically giving an open invitation to net stalkers.

Look at what happened to David Letterman recently. These wealthy, high-profile people should take extra privacy measures to keep their innocent children safe. This is a very dangerous world we live in!
Old 06-27-2007, 01:55 PM
cray cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rino View Post
In an e-mail to The ShowBuzz, she said:
"They don't watch TV – this is how they play/the boys had fatigues and were playing war/the girls wanted some/they run around the house with water guns/shooting each other." (snip)

She is a liar, kids who don't watch tv don't dress like the Taliban. Vocal gun proponants don't have such "artillary" around to play with, those were no water gun bullets.
Exactly, this kid isn't playing army, she's playing "FREEDOM FIGHTER", other wise known as a terrorist to sane people.

Also, why would Rosie respond by saying "art doesn't hurt you" and "art provokes", if this was just a pic of her daughter playing with her sons.
Clearly she is trying to make a political statement.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:31 PM
I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft...

I think I'm more disturbed by Rosie's poor spelling and grammar than I am by the picture of her daughter. Why should I take her seriously when she writes like that?

"u c what u want 2 c"

Come on, Rosie, at least try to communicate like an adult.

Old 06-27-2007, 03:37 PM

Quote:
It was on HER blog, probably taken from FoxNews or one of those tabloid shows. That's the thing, while everything on the 'net is pretty much open for public viewing, those that hate Rosie flock to her blog and report what she's writing there. She doesn't send that stuff in, they come to her. And then they twist it to fit their agenda and bash her for it.

Her blog is where she writes her thoughts and answer questions. It's funny that the people that hate her can't stay away from there.
I wouldn't have put a picture like that on my blog. She had to know that someone would see it and where it would end up.

Rosie is a nasty, bitter woman. The people that dislikle her probably go to the blog to take a look. Sort of looking at a trainwreck...you know you shouldn't, but you do anyway.

I do feel bad for their children.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evelyn24 View Post
Clearly she is trying to make a political statement.
She is, and she's using her daughter as her pawn. And that's what I find really disturbing. She can shoot her mouth off all she wants...whatever...but now she's using her children, and that's wrong.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:54 PM
Former Member

So far she's been in the news at least once a month for 2007. *yawn* Wonder what it will be in July.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:06 PM
Former Member

yeah, i put this over on the rosie thread yesterday - i just couldn't believe it! i didn't know wether to post it here or the bizarre and off beat forum!!! that is so messed up - i can't believe she did that.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
.....I'm glad to see she isn't feminizing her boys and allowing them to be kids......
What the heck does that mean? How do you feminize a little boy - I'd really like to know..... my two sons play with plenty of toys that would be considered boyish and plenty of toys that would be considered girlish. I'm just glad they are playing.

I love watching them play pirates and fight with their swords and I love watching them play house and take care of dolls and stuffed animals.

And I love the fact that my almost 7-year-old wanted hot pink swim shoes and tells anyone at camp who gives him grief to "leave him along because he likes the color."

ETA: I think Rosie's daughter is way cute - have no idea about the pictures orgins or of she is trying to make a political statement.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:39 PM

I just don't get her ... always drama and attention,settle down for a few seconds Rosie and take a calm breath. Geez.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:40 PM

I still don't get what the big deal is. Giving her the benefit of the doubt, I don't think those bullets are real. Is a little girl not allowed to play something considered boyish? An innocent game of "war", that MOST kids play, she's now imitating terrorists or the Taliban?

The only thing I think she's being hypocritical about is that her kids obviously have fake (benefit of the doubt) bullets. She's so anti-gun that I'd think she'd not allow anything of the kind. Of course, that's not to stop the kids from having their own minds and using a stick or anything else their imagination comes up with as a gun. That's just normal kid stuff.

I'm not being argumentative, I just don't understand this outrage. And not just here either, Ann Coulter said that Rosie had set gay adoption back 20 years.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:45 PM

I'm not going to give her the benefit of the doubt because of the long list of nutty things she's done and said. But that just me. I can't stand the woman and I feel sad for her children to have to live with a whacko mom like that.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:52 PM

Quote:
I still don't get what the big deal is. Giving her the benefit of the doubt, I don't think those bullets are real. Is a little girl not allowed to play something considered boyish? An innocent game of "war", that MOST kids play, she's now imitating terrorists or the Taliban?

The only thing I think she's being hypocritical about is that her kids obviously have fake (benefit of the doubt) bullets. She's so anti-gun that I'd think she'd not allow anything of the kind. Of course, that's not to stop the kids from having their own minds and using a stick or anything else their imagination comes up with as a gun. That's just normal kid stuff.

I'm not being argumentative, I just don't understand this outrage. And not just here either, Ann Coulter said that Rosie had set gay adoption back 20 years.
I am with you shopper. I also find it amusing how much time and energy people who dislike Rosie waste to disparage her. I don't think people get that when they call her nasty, loudmouthed and bitter, they don't sound much different themselves when slamming her.