Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Up to the Minute

Notices

Up to the Minute Breaking news happening right now! (This is not for crime news. Please post breaking crime in the "Crimes in the News" forum).

Old 12-23-2007, 05:44 AM

You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:24 PM

Thinking of you and your family, Di. May you have a peaceful, joyous Christmas.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:13 PM
I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft...

Seahorseladydi, your family is in our prayers...

Old 12-24-2007, 01:18 PM
GO ILLINI!

I'm thinking of you today. . .
Old 10-08-2008, 11:09 AM

Question for mods or admin....

Is there any way to print this entire thread? I am making a memory book and really want to add all the prayers and thoughts from here..

I am so happy to see this still here.... it has been a very hard 15 months! I read this thread over and over and over again.... thank you all!
Old 10-08-2008, 11:19 AM
RIP Ragdoll. You don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when. You can only decide how you're going to live now.

Hi, Di.

I think about your family often. I hope you are doing okay and are able to find comfort in the precious memories of your boy.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:29 AM
Banned

I wasn't here at WS when this tragedy struck your family. I just want to tell you that your son's story touched my heart and made me pull my little boy closer.

Love to you and your family. You will be in my prayers.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2luvmy View Post
Hi, Di.

I think about your family often. I hope you are doing okay and are able to find comfort in the precious memories of your boy.
Thank you! I am ok.... I find alot of peace and comfort in small everyday things... I don't know how I have made it, but I thank god everyday that I am still here for my other boys.

I love your quote "You don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when. You can only decide how you're going to live now."
These are the small things that help me thru!

Just a little update..... We have "Ethans Garden" with a sign that my mother in law made in the spot where the tent was. The manager of the Elks park made a HUGE sign that says "Ethans Swimming Hole" with his picture as you walk into the site where we camped that leads down to the swimming hole that we all play in. The Elks club set the playground equipment (that hubby, our sons and I picked out) 2 weeks ago, it is perfect! we are placing a bronze plaque that says "The Ethan Hansen memorial Playground" in stone in a few weeks. I have pictures of everything and would be happy to share.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:59 PM
Barack the Vote!

Location: So Cal Redlands, CA to be exact. We call it Inland Empire!
I am so sorry for your loss and pain. May God give you the comfort and strength that you and your family need. You, Ethan and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I'd love to see pictures of the stones.

Mother is the name for God on the hearts and lips of all children.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahorseladydi View Post
Thank you! I am ok.... I find alot of peace and comfort in small everyday things... I don't know how I have made it, but I thank god everyday that I am still here for my other boys.

I love your quote "You don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when. You can only decide how you're going to live now."

Just a little update..... We have "Ethans Garden" with a sign that my mother in law made in the spot where the tent was. The manager of the Elks park made a HUGE sign that says "Ethans Swimming Hole" with his picture as you walk into the site where we camped that leads down to the swimming hole that we all play in. The Elks club set the playground equipment (that hubby, our sons and I picked out) 2 weeks ago, it is perfect! we are placing a bronze plaque that says "The Ethan Hansen memorial Playground" in stone in a few weeks. I have pictures of everything and would be happy to share.
Please share the pics. We would love to see them.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:38 PM
WS Moderator

Oh, di, it's so good to see you. I too think of you and your family often. Every time I see this thread I also go back and read many of the posts.

Yes,.........please share the pictures. We would love to see them.

fran
Old 10-08-2008, 03:49 PM

I've thought of y'all often too. Please share you pictures, I would love to see them. You are all still in my prayers.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:25 PM
I'm in it for the tacos.

Quote:
Question for mods or admin....

Is there any way to print this entire thread? I am making a memory book and really want to add all the prayers and thoughts from here..

I am so happy to see this still here.... it has been a very hard 15 months! I read this thread over and over and over again.... thank you all!
Let me know what you want and I'll find a way to get it for you. My heart goes out to you.

Email me
Old 10-08-2008, 04:26 PM
Former Member

My prayers are still with you.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:47 PM

Thinking of you. I would love to see the pictures too.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:11 PM
RIP Ragdoll. You don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when. You can only decide how you're going to live now.

Quote:

I would love to see the pics. What a wonderful tribute to your son!!!!!

I am glad you are able to continue on for your boys. Just take it one day at time!!!
Old 10-08-2008, 09:46 PM

, seahorseladydi. I think of you and your family often.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:18 AM

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family esp. during the upcoming holiday season.

Always
Gozgals
Old 10-10-2008, 03:56 PM

Hey Di! It is so good to get an update from you! I often wonder how you are, especially when I am driving down Pacific Hwy, past your church.

I think it is wonderful, all of the special tributes at the camp. I hope that each person that walks by takes a minute to look at their kiddos on the
playground and know how blessed they are

Will the local media be reporting? I know there are many that often talk about Ethan...especially when Oswald West was closed this summer for the same reason... That had to be hard for you!

Peace and love surround you....

Lynie
Old 10-10-2008, 05:16 PM
Justice for Morgan

Hello di,

My thoughts and prayers continue to go out to you and your family and friends, on your journey, one day at a time, one moment at a time, getting through the devastation of losing a child, a sibling, and a friend. Sending you my best wishes ever! Thank you for keeping us posted and I also would love for you to share your photos of "Ethan’s Garden".

ariel

You can choose to be bitter or better when handling your problems.

My posts are just my opinion and for entertainment purposes only.
Do not copy any of my post. All post are to remain here.

Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp)
2/12/1968 -8/1992 RIP you are missed.

http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
If you have information about Kyron Horman, please call the Tip Line at 503-261-2847 or dial 911
Old 10-11-2008, 08:26 AM
CERTIFIED FLYERS FANATIC!

Quote:
This sounds beautiful. I'm so happy that you have these things to help you honor your son. I also still think of you often and wonder how you've even managed to get through this, the most difficult pain imaginable, so far. I'm so glad that you have the "small things" to help you. I pray that those things will continue to provide you comfort throughout your days and I hope that you remember that you can always turn to this thread to find so many of us here to talk with you when times get tough.

I can't wait to see the pictures of these wonderful tributes to Ethan.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."
Mahatma Gandhi
Old 10-11-2008, 10:57 AM
WS Administrator

Quote:

Thank you for that update;you are an amazing woman. God Bless you, Ethan and your entire family
Old 10-13-2008, 02:56 PM

Quote:

I'm so glad to hear that you are doing ok...you have been in my thoughts.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:57 AM

Here is "Ethan's Garden"

First 3 are taken in early spring... march/april 2008

Ethan Isaac Hansen
Jan 4th 2002 ~ June 23rd 2007

I miss you Little Man!
Read about Ethan here

Old 10-14-2008, 10:11 AM

These were taken June 21st 2008 we put the sign up and had a "celebrate Ethan day" out at the river.

before the sign

before placing sign

Hubby placing the sign

A friend planting a mini rose bush

Ethan Isaac Hansen
Jan 4th 2002 ~ June 23rd 2007

I miss you Little Man!
Read about Ethan here