Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Crimes in the News

Notices

Crimes in the News Read and comment about current crimes committed. Remember the copyright laws when posting news stories!

Old 08-15-2007, 01:20 AM
Former Member

Wheelchair bound pregnant woman attacked

A Perth man has been charged with bashing his pregnant paraplegic partner and stabbing her with a syringe.
She recieved stab wounds to the upper arms,legs and head.
What a hero this creep is.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=281527
Old 08-15-2007, 01:24 AM
Former Member

my god that is just torture.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:28 AM
Former Member

Ill bet the syringe wasnt in the house to treat diabeties.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:30 AM
Former Member

that's just sad.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:37 AM
Former Member

That poor woman, hope her and the baby are well, and lock up the boyfriend and throw away the key, what a loser.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:49 AM
Former Member

Throw him in general population for a few days.....see how brave he is then.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:11 AM
Former Member

Poor woman. How helpless she must have felt.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:39 AM
Banned

What a coward - put him on the streets with a real man and see how long he lasts!!
Old 08-15-2007, 07:11 AM

awaiting more info

While I do not in any way condone such actions I want to avoid prejudging this case. Such a relationship might well be full of stress for both people in certain circumstances and perhaps some really good social workers and social services might need to be provided.

We do not know if this was an isolated blow up where someone snapped or if there was ongoing abusive behavior or just what the situation was from the news article linked. The fact they they both were willing to enter into or remain in a relationship under difficult circumstances might indicate some good exists in each. For now I am content to await more details.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:17 AM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by docwho3 View Post
While I do not in any way condone such actions I want to avoid prejudging this case. Such a relationship might well be full of stress for both people in certain circumstances and perhaps some really good social workers and social services might need to be provided.

We do not know if this was an isolated blow up where someone snapped or if there was ongoing abusive behavior or just what the situation was from the news article linked. The fact they they both were willing to enter into or remain in a relationship under difficult circumstances might indicate some good exists in each. For now I am content to await more details.
No one deserves to be stabbed with a syringe, bashed, whether they snapped or not this poor pregnant woman was attacked. The attacker needs to be made accountable for his actions and charged accordingly.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:25 AM

thinking carefully

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazza View Post
No one deserves to be stabbed with a syringe, bashed, whether they snapped or not this poor pregnant woman was attacked. The attacker needs to be made accountable for his actions and charged accordingly.
It is true the attacker must be held accountable but I have also seen posts advocating he be treated as an evil entity would be treated (have inmates in prison go after him or other "real men" bash him) and I am saying that the fact that someone did a bad thing under trying circumstances does not necessarily make them a completely evil person and that I want to learn more info before deciding he is just an evil person. The fact that the attack happened must be properly dealt with but judging the evilness of a person is not something I lightly do.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:35 AM
Former Member

Quote:
It is true the attacker must be held accountable but I have also seen posts advocating he be treated as an evil entity would be treated (have inmates in prison go after him or other "real men" bash him) and I am saying that the fact that someone did a bad thing under trying circumstances does not necessarily make them a completely evil person and that I want to learn more info before deciding he is just an evil person. The fact that the attack happened must be properly dealt with but judging the evilness of a person is not something I lightly do.
I believe anyone who can commit a crime as savage as this one on a wheelchair bound pregnant woman is evil or insane, nobody in their right mind would do this horrific attack on someone who is not fully capable of protecting themselves, doesnt matter what sort of pressure or illness this perp may or may not have, no more information is going to change the fact that this guy is guilty of a most despicable injustice to another human life, not one life but two lives.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:52 AM
Former Member

Quote:
I am going to respectfully disagree with you Docwho.
I don't care what the circumstances are, this guy is totally evil.
Anyone electing to attack the weakest among us is evil.
There is absolutely NO excuse.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:56 AM

are people all good or all evil or are human relationships complicated sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazza View Post
I believe anyone who can commit a crime as savage as this one on a wheelchair bound pregnant woman is evil or insane, . . .
Evidently to you life is all either black or white in issues. I find this to be the case in many young inexperienced people but fortunately not in as many mature thinking adults.

This was not a case of a stranger attacking some poor defenseless woman. This was evidently a case of a man who was in a romantic relationship with a paraplegic woman (she is referred to as his defacto wife) and to me that says there may well have been some caring involved or he could simply have walked out of her life at any time. The fact that the woman was also willing to enter into a romantic relationship under trynig circumstances says good things to me about her as well.

I see that while it is indeed possible the man was just an abusive type the would have hurt any woman he had a relationship with it is also possible that some of their special needs in the relationship were not being met and this might have caused a build up of stress until a blow up occured. That does not mean the man should not be punished for what happened but, without more info, to make a quick snap judgement that he is either "evil or insane" is simply ludicrous.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:58 AM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amraann View Post
I am going to respectfully disagree with you Docwho.
I don't care what the circumstances are, this guy is totally evil.
Anyone electing to attack the weakest among us is evil.
There is absolutely NO excuse.
No excuse whatsoever Amraann, I dont understand how anyone can justify this mans actions.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:23 AM
Pets are family too.

Quote:
Evidently to you life is all either black or white in issues. I find this to be the case in many young inexperienced people but fortunately not in as many mature thinking adults.

This was not a case of a stranger attacking some poor defenseless woman. This was evidently a case of a man who was in a romantic relationship with a paraplegic woman (she is referred to as his defacto wife) and to me that says there may well have been some caring involved or he could simply have walked out of her life at any time. The fact that the woman was also willing to enter into a romantic relationship under trynig circumstances says good things to me about her as well.

I see that while it is indeed possible the man was just an abusive type the would have hurt any woman he had a relationship with it is also possible that some of their special needs in the relationship were not being met and this might have caused a build up of stress until a blow up occured. That does not mean the man should not be punished for what happened but, without more info, to make a quick snap judgement that he is either "evil or insane" is simply ludicrous.
Ummm...all relationships have their trials and tribulations and even if theirs had more than others that is absolutely no excuse to bash, kick and stab with a syringe. NONE. The mere fact that he resorted to this does make him a person that needs a stiff punishment. To say that calling him evil or insane is ludicrous I think is a stretch, personally I think it takes a pretty evil person to do this but that's my opinion.
There are other ways to resolve issues and she is pregnant, let alone in a wheelchair.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:31 AM

its a thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmeow View Post
Ummm...all relationships have their trials and tribulations and even if theirs had more than others that is absolutely no excuse to bash, kick and stab with a syringe. NONE. . .
If you pay attention to what I wrote in my posts, I did not say there was any excuse for doing what he did. I also did not say he should not pay for what he did. I said that his having done a bad thing does not initself make him an evil person. I also said that I would not want to make a judgment that some one is evil without more information than we currently have in this case.

What you think is or is not "a stretch" is of course your own opinion. I think making snap judgements without enough information is ludicrous.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:31 AM
Former Member

Quote:

Again I will have to disagree.. It is common for abusers to choose one who they can control or whom they perceive as weak and easy prey.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:34 AM
Former Member

Quote:
If you pay attention to what I wrote in my posts, I did not say there was any excuse for doing what he did. I also did not say he should not pay for what he did. I said that his having done a bad thing does not initself make him an evil person. I also said that I would not want to make a judgment that some one is evil without more information than we currently have in this case.

What you think is or is not "a stretch" is of course your own opinion. I think making snap judgements without enough information is ludicrous.

I don't think any of us are making a snap judgment the allegations speak for themselves.
There is nothing else to judge. He attacked a disabled pregnant women!
I don't really care what type of stress he is under ..... a decent person would not ever do such a thing. Most I believe would find the idea of it enough to make them throw up.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:35 AM

you have what information?

Quote:
Again I will have to disagree.. It is common for abusers to choose one who they can control or whom they perceive as weak and easy prey.
And outside of this one incident you know he is an abuser (as in that type) how? What information do you have about this case that was not posted in the linked artcle that lets you know this is an abuser as opposed to someone who did one violent act?
Old 08-15-2007, 08:39 AM

one thing

Quote:
I don't think any of us are making a snap judgment the allegations speak for themselves. . . .
Here I have to disagree with you. Knowing only one act of a person does not usually entitle us to judge whether a person is evil. Yes you know of one thing in this case and that one thing sounds really bad but thats all you know.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:49 AM
Pets are family too.

Quote:
And outside of this one incident you know he is an abuser (as in that type) how? What information do you have about this case that was not posted in the linked artcle that lets you know this is an abuser as opposed to someone who did one violent act?
It only TAKES one time.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:52 AM

one sin makes one forever evil? thats cool to know

Quote:
It only TAKES one time.
Oh really? one sin makes one forever evil? thats cool to know. Where did you learn that?
Old 08-15-2007, 09:17 AM
Pets are family too.

Quote:
Oh really? one sin makes one forever evil? thats cool to know. Where did you learn that?
You said 'And outside of this one incident you know he is an abuser (as in that type) how? ' and I said it only TAKES one time as in it only takes one time to be an abuser.

As for one sin makes one evil forever, no, I NEVER said that so don't twist my words. I believe in repentance and God's forgiveness, thank you very much. How about not twisting people's words around?
Old 08-15-2007, 09:55 AM

believing is good

Quote:
You said 'And outside of this one incident you know he is an abuser (as in that type) how? ' and I said it only TAKES one time as in it only takes one time to be an abuser.

As for one sin makes one evil forever, no, I NEVER said that so don't twist my words. I believe in repentance and God's forgiveness, thank you very much. How about not twisting people's words around?
I am not your enemy, just a poster, so let me try to explain what I mean. You need to keep in mind first that I was speaking to a different poster in the part that you bolded and that discussion was not about whether he had committed an act that can be called abuse but was about whether one can judge that he is evil. That poster had made a remark ". . . It is common for abusers to choose one who they can control or whom they perceive as weak and easy prey.. . ." which implies a pattern of behavior, a person who delberately chooses one they can hold control over and thus continually abuse and that of course could lead one to conclude such a person is evil. But in this case there was no evidence of such a pattern of behavior that was in the linked article.

To me there is an act of abuse and then there are "abusers" who have an ongoing pattern of behaviors and who are very dangerous. To say that one act of abuse puts one in the second category is the same as saying that a teen that steals one car is a pro car thief. All I am saying is that I am uncomfortable with saying a life is worthelss based on one act when I know from the news article there were circumstances that brought pressure to bear on those involved. So when you added your comment to the ongoing discussion saying that it only takes one time to make an abuser it seemed to me that you were saying one event equals a chronic behavior type and thus the person is just evil.

This is a discussion board on the internet and I suppose it feels easy and safe for some to just blast away at anyone with flaws and who makes it into the news. It is easy and often popular to just say "off with his head" no matter what the crime or act or circumstances.

In this particular case I do not feel comfortable following that line of thinking. I think that if there were no other incidents or aggravating information to come out I might think that the couples relationship could possibly be saved with good social workers and counseling. It is equally possible that more information may come out to show this was indeed an evil person. I am just not comfortable slinging stones of judgment as to someone being evil or not with only the small amount of information I read in that one article and that is the only aspect of the case I commented on. I do not condone violence against anyone and do not think he should be let off with no consequences for his act in this case. I am just not happy with jumping from one bad act to say the life is worthless and yet that is what I was getting from some of the posts I saw.