Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Darlie Routier

Notices

Darlie Routier Darlie Routier is on death row, convicted of murdering her two sons. Darlie claims that an intruder attacked her and the boys and is responsible. Many feel Darlie deserves a new trial. Discuss it here.

Old 08-21-2007, 10:38 AM
Former Member

Similar Case . . .

This was posted by Accordn2me posted this in the crimes forum:

A Mathews mother of two is suspected of stabbing her two children to death in their home Monday morning before wounding herself with the same knife, Lafourche Parish Sheriff Craig Webre said Monday afternoon.

Amy Hebert, 40, 118 St. Anthony St., is undergoing treatment at Ochsner St. Anne Hospital for self-inflicted knife wounds to her wrists, neck, chest and abdomen, he said.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/9275536.html

THIS IS FOR THOSE WHO SAY WOMEN WOULD NEVER STAB THEMSELVES WHERE IT WOULD SHOW.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeana (DP) View Post
This was posted by Accordn2me posted this in the crimes forum:

A Mathews mother of two is suspected of stabbing her two children to death in their home Monday morning before wounding herself with the same knife, Lafourche Parish Sheriff Craig Webre said Monday afternoon.

Amy Hebert, 40, 118 St. Anthony St., is undergoing treatment at Ochsner St. Anne Hospital for self-inflicted knife wounds to her wrists, neck, chest and abdomen, he said.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/9275536.html

THIS IS FOR THOSE WHO SAY WOMEN WOULD NEVER STAB THEMSELVES WHERE IT WOULD SHOW.

I would love to see the stab wounds of this lady to see if they are in any way similar to the location of the stab wounds on Darlie. That would be interesting.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:59 PM

I haven't heard another word about this, but I've been pretty busy with school.

I think if you're feeling badly enough to stab your children to death you probably wouldn't care about your self-inflicted knife wounds showing.

Reading about this woman was like deja vu with Darlie's case. I've always been a fence sitter where Darlie is concerned. There were so many things about her case that left doubt in my mind. I'll keep y'all posted if I hear anything thing more about this Hebert /A-bear/ woman.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:46 PM

October 19

Just saw a news ticker that said Amy Hebert's arraignment will be held on October 19th. I'll post more if/when I see it.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty5001 View Post
I would love to see the stab wounds of this lady to see if they are in any way similar to the location of the stab wounds on Darlie. That would be interesting.
It would. I don't know if she was put into intensive care as a precaution or because the wounds warranted it.

"State District Judge Walter I. Lanier III read the charges as a clerk recorded the proceedings by Amy Hebert’s bed in the intensive-care unit of Ochsner St. Anne General Hospital. "

"Hebert was recently divorced, the sheriff's office said. Aside from family members saying she seemed depressed, there is no apparent motive. She is still hospitalized in an intensive care unit with self-inflicted stab wounds, deputies said. Hebert is under 24 hours guard, and her bond was set at $1 million."

"In speaking with friends and neighbors, there was absolutely no indication that Hebert was capable of such an act. All indications are that Hebert was a caring, devoted mother to her children," Webre said."

The children looked adorable and their photo is on this site: http://www.wdsu.com/news/13961454/de...subid=10100245
Old 10-04-2007, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymalone View Post
It would. I don't know if she was put into intensive care as a precaution or because the wounds warranted it.

"State District Judge Walter I. Lanier III read the charges as a clerk recorded the proceedings by Amy Hebert’s bed in the intensive-care unit of Ochsner St. Anne General Hospital. "

"Hebert was recently divorced, the sheriff's office said. Aside from family members saying she seemed depressed, there is no apparent motive. She is still hospitalized in an intensive care unit with self-inflicted stab wounds, deputies said. Hebert is under 24 hours guard, and her bond was set at $1 million."

"In speaking with friends and neighbors, there was absolutely no indication that Hebert was capable of such an act. All indications are that Hebert was a caring, devoted mother to her children," Webre said."

The children looked adorable and their photo is on this site: http://www.wdsu.com/news/13961454/de...subid=10100245

Just goes to show that there is not always a motive to people's madness.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:48 PM
Banned

"According to investigators, Amy Hebert used kitchen and steak knives to kill her 7-year-old son and 9-year-old daughter."

Darlie used a kitchen knife too.

There was a picture of Hebert on this article, but it didn't show up for me, perhaps it will for someone else. I don't know if the neck wound she had would show up or be covered by the jail jumpsuit.

http://www.thelafourchegazette.com/article.php?id=N300

The arraignment hearing of a Mathews woman accused of killing her two children in August was recently delayed with the new court date being set for the morning of Oct. 19.

Amy Hebert, 40, charged with two counts of first-degree murder, is set to appear in District Judge Jerome Barbera III’s courtroom. A grand jury indicted Hebert on charges stemming from the Aug. 20 deaths of her 9-year-old daughter Camille and her 7-year-old son Braxton.

Hebert appeared in Barbera’s courtroom Friday wearing a black and white jumpsuit featuring the letters “LCIW” on the back indicating her status as an inmate at the Louisiana Correctional Institute for Women at St. Gabriel near Baton Rouge. It is currently unknown who will be appointed as Hebert’s defense lawyer.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:11 PM
Former Member

This is still in Darlie's forum, but has nothing to do with her.

Here's an update:
http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp...v=menu57_5_2_5
In Friday's pre-trial hearing, District Attorney Camille "Cam" Morvant, II said he planned to seek the death penalty for the 40-year-old defendant, who pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity to two counts of first-degree murder. (more at link)
Old 01-27-2008, 08:45 PM
Keep your fork......

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymalone View Post

sound familiar??
Old 05-14-2009, 05:10 PM
Kind words do not cost much

This is in Darlie's forum, I can't find another thread for this woman so I will post it here for those that are following this case also:

http://www.wxvt.com/Global/story.asp...nav=menu1344_2

May 14, 2009 3:04 PM ET

Quote:
...A jury in Thibodaux has found a woman guilty of killing her two children...

...Jurors on Thursday found Hebert guilty in her children's slayings and return on Friday to decide whether she faces death or life in prison...

Old 05-18-2009, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat View Post
This is in Darlie's forum, I can't find another thread for this woman so I will post it here for those that are following this case also:

http://www.wxvt.com/Global/story.asp...nav=menu1344_2

May 14, 2009 3:04 PM ET
Thanks for posting this, Kat. I'm halfway through reading the chronology.

I think this case is even sadder than Darlie's. Those beautiful children. Camille saying, "I don't want to die. I love you, Mommy."

It's beyond heartbreaking.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:32 PM
Keep your fork......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary456 View Post
Thanks for posting this, Kat. I'm halfway through reading the chronology.

I think this case is even sadder than Darlie's. Those beautiful children. Camille saying, "I don't want to die. I love you, Mommy."

It's beyond heartbreaking.
Oh God, is it ever. Just like Klarissa who cried "Mommy don't" as her mother was strangling her. Oh it breaks my heart Mary. These poor women are insane, they have be. Darlie included.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:15 PM

Sorry guys, happened to drop in...I knew Darlie way back in the day, and never believed in her guilt, but what is this other case...I must have missed it. Is there a place I can go for more info...have never heard of another case like Darlies.
TIA
Old 06-13-2009, 03:33 PM
Banned

You might want to review the trial transcripts, video on you tube on the forensics and the overwhelming evidence of her guilt used in the court to convict her.

Go through the threads on this site, we have "reviewed" the evidence, over and over again, the 911 call , the trial transcripts, the 16 different stories of Darlie, the physical evidence, the ever changing stories of Darlie.

When you review all of that than that will give you an idea of the evidence of her guilt and her subsequent conviction.

She is where she belongs for killing two innocent sleeping boys. They went to sleep "thinking" what am I going to do tomorrow. But tomorrow never came and they were not going to live another day.

Slaughtered in their sleep, 5 and 6.
The Following User Says Thank You to CyberLaw For This Useful Post: