Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > The Unidentified

Notices

The Unidentified Help give someone their name back so they can go home! Information, research and discussion of the Unidentified.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:19 PM

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3D2%26hl%3Den
Old 10-20-2009, 02:18 AM
Rest in Peace, Lyle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura_Bean View Post
That Michael Curry (in the article) is still alive

http://www2.wrbl.com/rbl/news/local/...l_curry/89357/
http://www.allbusiness.com/legal/tri...2980208-1.html
Old 10-20-2009, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie Miller View Post
Being that we could not find anything on the net especially the AMW site in reference to his identity, it was felt better to leave him as unidentified until we can possibly come up with a positive answer.
Good idea. I don't think it's a match. I can't begin to get the two faces to line up right by changing the sizes of the photos, and Curry's ears are very flat against his head, brow line is not the same, forehead's not the same, hard to say about the nose since the UID has some facial damage, and the angle is a bit different.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:15 AM

couldn't find anything either....Steve Hicks (Hixs) is still listed on the Natl cTR for missing.....would be nice to know
Old 11-15-2009, 07:11 PM

Hello

Hello, Yeah, I think it is weird, if he was ID'd, why is he still up on all the websites. I think Steven Gonzales looks like a good match, the nose in particular catches my eye. The delay in ID'ing him might be because the UID is listed as white and Steven is Hispanic, there are not a lot of Hispanics with red hair and people wouldn't guess that the UID was hispanic. I'm gonna try to get more info on Gonzales...Maureen
Old 12-21-2009, 10:19 AM

When I spoke to the police officer, he was real vague with no explanation as to how the identity was made. I do remember him saying he could not remember the details. So it does leave this questionable.

Unfortunately, there are some police that just do this as a job and have no passion for the field.

To catch a criminal, you must think like one. (Professor Hamre)
Old 12-21-2009, 06:03 PM

Just a thought - seems there may be some doubt as to the ID - if it's not Michael Curry, then perhaps ..Robert Kovack ?http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3412dmva.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MS_JOHNDOE007.jpg (58.5 KB, 69 views)
Old 05-02-2010, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearmont View Post
Just a thought - seems there may be some doubt as to the ID - if it's not Michael Curry, then perhaps ..Robert Kovack ?http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3412dmva.html
Dearmont,

There is a resemblance! Also, the unidentified man said that he was from West Virginia, while Robert Kovack went missing on his way to West Virginia to attend a college football game. (Although there is a few months of difference between the disappearance of Robert and the discovery of the unidentified victim.)
Old 05-08-2010, 11:00 PM
Registered Voter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearmont View Post
The unidentified man has a B- blood type. That's a rare type. I wonder if Robert Kovack's blood type is on record anywhere. Also, Kovack may sound like Hicks or Hex if the person talking is injured especially with head trauma.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechWriter797 View Post
The unidentified man has a B- blood type. That's a rare type. I wonder if Robert Kovack's blood type is on record anywhere. Also, Kovack may sound like Hicks or Hex if the person talking is injured especially with head trauma.
No confirmation this man has been identified?

If there is an ongoing search for this man's identity can a mod please change the thread title "Identified"?
Old 05-09-2010, 05:20 PM
50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensch View Post
No confirmation this man has been identified?

If there is an ongoing search for this man's identity can a mod please change the thread title "Identified"?
I'll go ahead and change this back to unidentified since the link to doenetwork still shows he is unidentified. In the future, PLEASE send a pm to a mod regarding any changes which need to be addressed by a mod. with the hundreds of thousands of posts here, it is likely a post will not be seen by a mod, so we ask you please send to us via pm. Thank you!

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing
The Following User Says Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2010, 08:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
I'll go ahead and change this back to unidentified since the link to doenetwork still shows he is unidentified. In the future, PLEASE send a pm to a mod regarding any changes which need to be addressed by a mod. with the hundreds of thousands of posts here, it is likely a post will not be seen by a mod, so we ask you please send to us via pm. Thank you!
I haven't done any research or posting on this case, but a big thank you , Cubby!
The Following User Says Thank You to Mensch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2010, 07:31 AM

What about Fred Charles Moseley
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3334dmtx.html

His coloring is almost right, his height is right, and those of his features that wouldn't be messed around by a head injury look somewhat similar. His age is almost right if they are talking about when he died, not when he sustained his injury. Maybe he walked off from his car intending to kill himself and then had last minute doubts and decided that the problem wasn't himself so much as his home/town/religious school/friends/family and it would be better to leave it all behind instead and live rough until he turned 18 and couldn't be forced back? The real stumbling block is that Fred had a large birthmark and the John Doe had no identifying marks, but maybe during the accident he sustained a grazing injury to the area of the birthmark that confused matters a bit?
Old 06-03-2010, 10:34 AM

Does anyone know if this guy was also paralyzed from the accident? The has a collar for a tracheotomy tube in the pictures on NCMA. After thinking maybe that was just for when he was on a ventilator.

Also, the accident was in 1998 but he died over two years later. In the pics on NCMA his eyes are open.. is he alive in those pics? Cause I wonder how bad his injury was. Was he in a assisted living place? Was he awake and could he communicate with other people or was he in a coma? Maybe he told the people where ever he was a clue to who he was, but they didn't know that's what he meant...

As for his hair, I don't consider that color to be 'red'. It looks brown in the pics, it might have some red in it, but if I was reporting someone as missing I'd give the hair color as brown w/ maybe a mention of red highlights.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:45 PM
UID Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffetoflies View Post
Does anyone know if this guy was also paralyzed from the accident? The has a collar for a tracheotomy tube in the pictures on NCMA. After thinking maybe that was just for when he was on a ventilator.

Also, the accident was in 1998 but he died over two years later. In the pics on NCMA his eyes are open.. is he alive in those pics? Cause I wonder how bad his injury was. Was he in a assisted living place? Was he awake and could he communicate with other people or was he in a coma?

The man was in a persistent vegetative state (i.e., a state of being awake, but not aware), and yes, he was in an assisted living facility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffetoflies View Post
Maybe he told the people where ever he was a clue to who he was, but they didn't know that's what he meant...
Immediately after being hit, he made a few vague comments to paramedics that his name was Steven Hicks, and that he may have come from West Virginia, but he was unable to communicate anything meaningful thereafter. Of course, we don't know how lucid he was when he made those comments.

I thought that maybe he was unable to pronounce his true last name, and on that premise, I looked for people named Steve or Steven with last names starting with "H", and came across Steven Harbaugh.

Here are a couple of additional photos of the John Doe.

Last edited by CarlK90245; 06-03-2010 at 01:36 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CarlK90245 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2011, 09:10 PM
Mainly Lurker Sometimes Sleuther

bumping..
The Following User Says Thank You to Hope32 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2012, 06:46 PM

I wonder about STeven Needham, he did disappear 4 years earlier from a mental hospital, but the height weight are similar. I think they look alike as well.
Missing Since: October 26, 1994 from Bellevue, King County, Washington
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: January 20, 1970
Height: 5'10-6'0"
Weight: 145-160 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics:
Medical Conditions: Suffers from schizophrenia and alcoholism

MOre info: http://www.nampn.org/cases/needham_steven.html
http://doenetwork.org/cases/1351dmwa.html
Old 08-02-2012, 07:41 PM

the UID was said to have had hazel eyes and Needham had blue eyes.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:16 AM

Well, Daniel Ryan looks similar, but no mention of a scar on The unidentified male. Taken from identifyus.org
Quote:
Case Report - NamUs MP # 741
Case Information
Status Missing
First name Daniel
Middle name Gerard
Last name Ryan
Nickname/Alias Dan, Dave
Date LKA August 15, 1998 04:00
Date entered 12/12/2008
Age LKA 24 to years old
Age now 38 years old
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Male
Height (inches) 70.0 to 72.0
Weight (pounds) 175.0 to 195.0
Circumstances
City Bronx
State New York
Zip code
County Bronx
Circumstances Unknown. Daniel was last seen at Bill & Bob's Sports Bar on the corner of East 235th St. on White Plains Rd. in Bronx, NY. He left the bar at approximately 4:00am in the morning by himself.

Physical
Hair color Blond/Strawberry
Head hair Blond, sometimes described as light red to sandy blond; Daniel wore his hair long and pulled back into a ponytail at the time he disappeared.
Body hair
Facial hair Daniel may have had a goatee at the time he disappeared
Left eye color Green
Right eye color Green
Eye description Daniel's eyes are sometimes described as hazel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No known distinctive body features
Distinctive features as described below

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amputations
Deformities
Scars and marks Scar on abdomen from chest to navel, small scar by left eye.
Tattoos
Piercings
Artificial body parts
and aids
Finger and toe nails
Other distinctive
physical characteristics

Medical
Foreign objects
Skeletal information

Clothing and Accessories
Clothing and accessories are unknown
Clothing and accessories are described below

Clothing Daniel was last seen wearing a beige "Marlboro" baseball cap, a black long sleeved shirt with thin white stripes on the arms, and blue jeans
Footwear Daniel was last seen wearing black athletic shoes
Old 10-09-2012, 08:17 AM

Hattiesburg John doe

Maybe his name isnt Steve Hicks or Steve Hix. Maybe he was trying to say his name is Steve and he is from Hix, WV or he was on his way to Hix, WV? There is a Hix, West Virginia and it's in Summers County WV and there is also a Hix, WV located in MCDowell County West Virginia.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trtela For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2012, 02:08 PM

On namus no one has been ruled out. He's went from unidentified to supposedly identified, back to unidentified. That seems odd to me. I think he resembles Robert Kovach myself. Wondering if perhaps he was trying to give the name of the perp.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:39 PM

Found Steven Branston missing since 1996. Had been in California, traveled to Hawaii and then disappeared. The physical descriptions are close. What do you all think? http://www.nampn.org/cases/branston_steven.html
Old 03-22-2013, 07:21 PM

I think it unlikely Branston left Hawaii alive.