Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Located Forum Discussion

Notices

Located Forum Discussion Discussion for those who were missing and are now located

Old 09-07-2007, 02:02 PM
Where is Kimberly Shawn Cheatham?

UT - Christopher Robin Coan, 18, Enoch, Sept 2007

Search under way for 18-year-old missing since Labor Day
By Nate Carlisle
The Salt Lake Tribune
Article Last Updated: 09/07/2007 11:26:20 AM MDT

Posted: 10:49 AM- Police in southwest Utah are trying to find an 18-year-old man who was last seen leaving work Monday.

Christopher Robin Coan finished his shift at a Subway restaurant in Enoch and never returned home.

"He appears to be pretty darn responsible," said Enoch police Chief David Browning. "[i] just don't believe he would leave."

Police have speculated Coan might have taken his newly purchased sports-utility vehicle to do some off-road driving. An airplane has conducted a search for him near New Harmony and some of the mining and off-road trails in Iron and Washington counties but to no avail.

"We looked out in the hills and did an aerial view yesterday and we didn't see nothing," said Coan's girlfriend, Sasha Turner. The couple lives together in Enoch.

Browning said there is no indication of foul play and nothing in Coan's background suggests he would have run away.

Turner said she last saw Coan Monday before he went to the Subway.

Coan, who graduated in May from Cedar High School, left his wallet at home, she said.

Coan finished work about 8:15 p.m. and was suppose to return home. He recently bought a 1994 four-door Chevrolet S-10 Blazer. It is red with silver trim at the bottom and has a temporary Utah registration tag of 78596.

Coan is described as about 5 feet 5 inches tall and 125 pounds. He has blue eyes and blond hair that is short in front and nears his shoulders in the back.

Anyone with information in the case can contact Enoch police by calling 435-586-1119.
ncarlisle@sltrib.com

Source: http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_6827987

Could Princess Blue be identified soon Princess Blue? Follow us at the link below
Princess Blue Forum to find out.

Kimberly Shawn Cheatham
Missing from Dallas, Texas since April 8, 1989

Old 09-08-2007, 05:51 PM

Authorities Searching for Missing Man From Enoch
September 8th, 2007 @ 3:18pm

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- Authorities in southern Utah are searching for a man who has been missing since Monday. Christopher Robin Coan, 18, was last seen leaving his job at a Subway sandwich shop in Enoch, Iron County, Monday evening, police said.

"He was last seen by his manager leaving the store," Enoch police detective Jackson Ames said. "This is completely out of character for him."

Coan was reported missing by his girlfriend on Tuesday. There has been no bank activity and authorities are beginning to worry Coan may have met with foul play. Enoch police contacted the FBI for assistance in the case.

An airplane has been searching the high-country desert around Cedar City and Enoch for any sign of Coan's SUV, a 1994 red and silver-colored Chevrolet S-10 Blazer with a temporary tag. Police said the SUV has three stickers in the back. One says "Jerry Bear," another says "The Wizz cartoon," and the third says "Beatles."

More at link: http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=1772357

Could Princess Blue be identified soon Princess Blue? Follow us at the link below

Kimberly Shawn Cheatham

Old 09-08-2007, 06:09 PM
Live Every Moment

I am very worried about this young man. I pray he is found alive and soon!
Old 09-08-2007, 06:16 PM

I sure hope so too Alice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice253 View Post
I am very worried about this young man. I pray he is found alive and soon!

Kimberly Shawn Cheatham

Old 09-09-2007, 04:05 PM

Iron County
Missing man might have been off-roading in SUV
By Nate Carlisle
The Salt Lake Tribune

Article Last Updated: 09/09/2007 01:37:35 AM MDT

Police in southwestern Utah are trying to find an 18-year-old man who was last seen leaving work Monday night.

Christopher Robin Coan finished his shift at a Subway restaurant in Enoch and never returned home.

"He appears to be pretty darn responsible," said Enoch Police Chief David Browning. "[i] just don't believe he would leave."

Police have speculated Coan might have taken his newly purchased sport utility vehicle to do some off-road driving. An airplane conducted a search near New Harmony and some of the mining and off-road trails in Iron and Washington counties, but to no avail.

"We looked out in the hills and did an aerial view yesterday, and we didn't see nothing," said Coan's girlfriend, Sasha Turner. The couple live together in Enoch.

Browning said there is no indication of foul play and nothing in Coan's background suggests he would have run away.

Turner said she last saw Coan on Monday before he went to work. Coan, who graduated in May from Cedar High School, left his wallet at home, she said. Coan finished work about 8:15 p.m. and was supposed to return home.

He recently bought a 1994 Chevy S-10 Blazer. It is red and has silver trim at the bottom and has a temporary Utah registration tag of 78596.

More at link: http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_6842581

Kimberly Shawn Cheatham

Old 09-10-2007, 05:22 PM

Police: Vanished man could have traveled to N. Utah
By Nate Carlisle
The Salt Lake Tribune
Article Last Updated: 09/10/2007 10:28:38 AM MDT

Posted: 10:29 AM- The police chief looking for the missing Enoch man says he's confident the man's Chevy Blazer was spotted near Park City.

Enoch Police Chief David Browning also believes an old head injury could to blame for the man's disappearance.

A truck driver reported seeing Christopher Robin Coan's 1994 Blazer on Saturday at a Sinclair gas station at the junction of Interstate 80 and U.S. Highway 40.

Browning said the trucker accurately described the Blazer's maroon-over-silver two-tone paint as well as the stickers in the vehicle's rear window.

"I believe the trucker to be fairly credible," Browning said.

Browning said Coan's girlfriend traveled the 250 miles from Enoch to Park City during the weekend to view surveillance camera footage. The outside footage was not available, Browning said, and Coan was not spotted on footage from inside the station.

Coan disappeared Sept. 3 after finishing his shift at a Subway restaurant in Enoch. The search for him has concentrated on the off-road trials around Iron County, where police thought Coan might have driven his recently-purchased sports-utility vehicle.

More at link: http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_6852433

Kimberly Shawn Cheatham

Old 09-10-2007, 05:59 PM

Missing man may have been seen in Park City

By Ben Winslow
Deseret Morning News
Published: Sept. 10, 2007 9:42 a.m. MDT

Police in Enoch, Iron County, said they are investigating a possible sighting of a missing 18-year-old man.

A truck driver reported seeing Christopher Robin Coan at a convenience store in the Park City area on Saturday afternoon. However, police told the Deseret Morning News that the outside video surveillance system at the gas station was not working.

Coan may have been in the Park City area for an informal "MySpace convention," Enoch Police Chief David Browning said today.
"He's a big MySpacer," Browning said.

Police are now appealing to Coan's friends on MySpace to help them with any information about where the man might be. Coan's MySpace page reveals a profile of a teenager who appears to have an interest in the counterculture of the 1960s.

Police are looking in the Salt Lake area for any sign of Coan.

More at link: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1...208799,00.html

Kimberly Shawn Cheatham

Old 09-28-2007, 12:34 AM

Man's family desperate for tips

By Ben Winslow
Deseret Morning News
Published: Sept. 27, 2007 12:24 a.m. MDT

CEDAR CITY — From the flier taped in a store window, Christopher Robin Coan's smiling face pleads for help. "Missing person," the flier reads.

It has been more than three weeks since the 18-year-old Enoch, Iron County, man disappeared from his job at a Subway store on Sept. 3, and his family is desperate for any answers.

"The sad part is there isn't anything. We still don't know anything," his stepmother, Shannon Coan, said Tuesday. "We've had people call in with leads and sightings, but nothing's turned out."

Coan said the family still doesn't know if he ran away or was kidnapped or something even more dreadful. Enoch police continue to pursue leads and are working to subpoena the phone company, because someone saw Chris on the phone at his job the night he disappeared. There have been sightings of Chris in Logan, Ogden and Park City — yet nothing concrete.

Searches in the hills and mountains around Enoch have turned up nothing.

For his family, it's been an agonizing few weeks.

"I'm still hopeful that he just decided he had too much stress and pressure," Coan said. "Others are looking at foul play, possibly picking up a hitchhiker...."

More at link: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1...213610,00.html

Kimberly Shawn Cheatham

Last edited by Earthbound Misfit I; 09-28-2007 at 01:52 PM.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:32 AM
Former Member

This sounds weird to me. If Christopher is such a responsible kid, why would he attend a MySpace convention without telling his girlfriend or parents? Besides, conventions like this don't last three weeks.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:59 PM

I think the piece of the article I had posted explains that Chris had an old head injury that could be the reason that Chris disappeared.

If you read the complete article it explains the head injury more.

Here is a piece of what the article says:

<snip>
Browning said Monday he's leaning toward a hypothesis that Coan is in northern Utah suffering from the effects of a head injury sustained when he was 7 years old. The effects surface occasionally over the years, Browning said, with Coan losing focus on his surroundings and overreacting to minor incidents.

Coan's last hours working at the Subway restaurant in Enoch might have been a catalyst for such an episode, Browning said. The restaurant's manager corrected Coan, a new employee, on a couple of points.

"To the ordinary person it wouldn't be an issue," Browning said.

If approached, Coan is likely to avoid eye contact and deny his identity, Browning said.
</snip>

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliKid View Post
This sounds weird to me. If Christopher is such a responsible kid, why would he attend a MySpace convention without telling his girlfriend or parents? Besides, conventions like this don't last three weeks.

Kimberly Shawn Cheatham

Old 09-29-2007, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKnowley View Post
I think the piece of the article I had posted explains that Chris had an old head injury that could be the reason that Chris disappeared.

If you read the complete article it explains the head injury more.

Here is a piece of what the article says:

<snip>
Browning said Monday he's leaning toward a hypothesis that Coan is in northern Utah suffering from the effects of a head injury sustained when he was 7 years old. The effects surface occasionally over the years, Browning said, with Coan losing focus on his surroundings and overreacting to minor incidents.

Coan's last hours working at the Subway restaurant in Enoch might have been a catalyst for such an episode, Browning said. The restaurant's manager corrected Coan, a new employee, on a couple of points.

"To the ordinary person it wouldn't be an issue," Browning said.

If approached, Coan is likely to avoid eye contact and deny his identity, Browning said.
</snip>

I'm not quite sure an old head injury would be the whole issue. His myspace page references pot and acid a little too much too make me think thats the only thing that could have effected his mental state.

I'm hoping some friends have him holed up somewhere.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=15382643

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=61563994
Old 09-29-2007, 11:37 PM

http://www.calorie-count.com/forums/...e/4/56056.html

a lot of interesting things here too
Old 09-30-2007, 12:13 AM
Don't squat with your spurs on!

I don't know what to think about his disappearance. I do think he smokes weed. One post says 'thanks for the sh@#' and one before that says sorry I couldnt find anything when you where here and another talks about being in distribution 'if ya know what I mean'.

That doesn't mean something hasn't happened to him, it just means he hangs around stoners and most likely uses.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:48 AM

I can tell just by a glance at someone, usually, if they smoke pot. They just have a certain look about them. Then when it said he had a Grateful Dead sticker on his car.. hhmmm,, yeah,, that's pretty much a dead giveaway. And the interest in 60's counterculture... etc... I just hope the parents are going into this with both eyes wide open and not in denial. I think people often think 'the good drugs' (pot, acid, shrooms, etc.) are harmless, but can end up mingling with some pretty bad characters. They need to take this into full account with their investigation... possibly talk to his other friends who might know things (although, of course,, they're probably not going to talk or give away their sources or information).. or find out where he might have gone to buy the drugs,, etc.. I bet you anything the trail leads to there. Maybe not,, but it's the obvious first choice, IMO.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:31 PM
Happy 2011!

http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695215186,00.html

pic

Old 10-06-2007, 08:54 AM
A thousand miles from nowhere.....

This is so sad. I feel sorry for the girlfriend and the family. I hope that the boy is okay. He just looks like a cute regular skater dude to me. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:04 PM
Inactive

His website: http://findchris.org/
Old 10-11-2007, 05:52 PM
Happy 2011!

Concert for Chris

http://media.www.suujournal.com/medi...-3024791.shtml

Concert emphasizes teen missing since Sept. 3

10/11/07

A benefit concert for Chris Coan, an 18-year-old Enoch resident who has been missing since Sept. 3, took place at the Grind Coffee House Thursday to raise awareness and increase public attention.

The concert was organized by Tim Cretsinger, owner of Groovacious, to raise awareness that Coan is still missing. Cretsinger, who is friends with Coan's father, Dave Coan, said he felt that the media wasn't sufficiently covering the story anymore.

and

Dave Coan, in a presentation during the event, brought out a graph that showed how one person can affect two people who can then each affect two people, and so on, in an effort to help people realize Chris Coan is still missing.

The event was more than two hours long and featured, along with the music, speeches from the Coan family. The family said they appreciated the time everyone took to come out and support them.

much more at link
Old 10-18-2007, 02:21 PM

Lightbulb

Okay, I've been lurking here since I was following a link on little Madeleine MCCann in Portugal, and I read about Christopher Robin Coan and his story and the words of his parents and girlfriend have touched my heart. I know you can help...

I am in England, and know little about things in the US, other than what I see on TV, so please may I ask the following questions:

* If Chris ran away, and maybe sold his vehicle for cash - it had temporary Utah plates, so what would have happened about registering the sale, and so on?
* If he or anyone tried to find work elsewhere, would they not have to have some kind of Social Security number - would it be difficult to obtain a new one, under an assumed name?
* How difficult is the terrain around his home town to search? The LE search seemed as if it got called off pretty quickly, and other searches have been left to the parents to carry out privately - How usual is that? It does not seem that fair...
* Would there not have been security camera footage around Subway, recording his leaving, or on roads nearby?
* He does not seem to be the kind of kid (he only just turned 18 in August) to leave his much loved family - If he were vulnerable, because of the earlier head injury, how much more searching might have been carried out by LE?
* If he went off and joined the Army, as has been mentioned as a possibility on the Calorie Count site his stepmom posts on, how easy is it to do that without papers, and not be found?

Thankyou for helping a fledgling, and thanks for all the wonderful stuff you do here - I am pleased to have found your community!
Old 10-18-2007, 06:00 PM
Happy 2011!

I can only help you with a couple of your questions.

#1--If he sold the car for cash, he would have had to do two things: first, written out a bill of sale for the new owner, and second, signed his name on the title and given it to the new owner. Those are the papers the new owner would then take to the Dept of Motor Vehicles to get a new title and license plates.

#2--He would need a new SSN under a new name to get a job, unless he arranged to get paid in cash "under the table." I don't know how difficult it would be to get a new SSN, but my impression is that it would not be very easy. Just my impression.

#3--Salt Lake City is surrounded by mountains. The terrain is very rugged. Do you remember the Elizabeth Smart case, where her kidnappers camped out in the hills around there and were not discovered? That was also in Salt Lake City.

#4--No idea about security camera footage at the Subway store. My impression is that in Great Britain there are a LOT more public security cameras on the streets and at intersections than there are here in the U.S. Here you find them at places like banks and airports, but not very often just monitoring people on the streets.

#5--No idea. I hope someone local to Salt Lake City can help out with this question.

#6--I hope someone who has recently known someone who has joined the military could give an answer to this. I would think an enlistee would have to have some identification, like a birth certificate and/or driver's license. However, I know that military recruiters are under tremendous pressure to "make their numbers," so I wouldn't put it past a recruiter to ignore the rules or make up fake IDs.

I hope others can help out with your questions.

Hoppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted View Post
Okay, I've been lurking here since I was following a link on little Madeleine MCCann in Portugal, and I read about Christopher Robin Coan and his story and the words of his parents and girlfriend have touched my heart. I know you can help...

I am in England, and know little about things in the US, other than what I see on TV, so please may I ask the following questions:

* If Chris ran away, and maybe sold his vehicle for cash - it had temporary Utah plates, so what would have happened about registering the sale, and so on?
* If he or anyone tried to find work elsewhere, would they not have to have some kind of Social Security number - would it be difficult to obtain a new one, under an assumed name?
* How difficult is the terrain around his home town to search? The LE search seemed as if it got called off pretty quickly, and other searches have been left to the parents to carry out privately - How usual is that? It does not seem that fair...
* Would there not have been security camera footage around Subway, recording his leaving, or on roads nearby?
* He does not seem to be the kind of kid (he only just turned 18 in August) to leave his much loved family - If he were vulnerable, because of the earlier head injury, how much more searching might have been carried out by LE?
* If he went off and joined the Army, as has been mentioned as a possibility on the Calorie Count site his stepmom posts on, how easy is it to do that without papers, and not be found?

Thankyou for helping a fledgling, and thanks for all the wonderful stuff you do here - I am pleased to have found your community!
Old 10-18-2007, 07:00 PM

Bless you, Hopster, very helpful! Can we continue with these questions, please, I would love some resolution to Chris's disappearance for those who love him dearly!
Old 10-18-2007, 07:16 PM
Sometimes you just have to wonder why people are so ill-mannered

don't know if anyone seen this or not but I got it from his g/f's page
Jul 17 2007 7:45 PM

actually im going to stop using myspace. im going to start using MSN. i'll email you when i can.
by the way, how is your toe doing, ive been meaning to ask you.
i hope your doing okay, and i can't wait to see you!
love you.

sincerely,
christopher robin

I find him first on her comment 11-2-05 and asking her about msn on 12-24-05

Any one know if they checked Cali? He mentions being there a couple of times on a few different dates before he went missing
and I think she was more of the myspacer and he liked msn. He did smoke pot as I found when reading comments

he also knows people in texas.
I find it strange that his girlfriends last post to him was the day he went missing. On a lot of the myspace pages of missing or deceased people still comment especially those who were really close.
(I first seen his profile on mydeathspace.com and he is listed as missing there. but if you browse the myspace pages of those who are on there you can see it. )
Also why would the girlfriend go to ID him in the video tape? why not the parents?

Last edited by Al_B; 10-18-2007 at 08:19 PM. Reason: oops and condensing
Old 10-18-2007, 09:06 PM
Former Member

To enlist in the military you need loads of stuff. Including your birth certificate, high school transcripts and social security card.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:15 AM

Lightbulb

Thank you both for trying to help...

Two months and still no sign...

I did check out the Myspace bits and pieces, but could see nothing on Mydeathspace - how weird is that site!

I know that Chris's mother is in Los Angeles, and they have checked out that link with her.

I noticed that they had checked out a link to a girl on Myspace in Logan - Lost and Delirious - who has had a number of gaps in her postings, and being online on Myspace - Her boyfriend, Worm Your Honour Tyson's page is interesting - if you are interested in this case and want to, please read his blog about killing someone - Who knows if that is true or imagined, but I find his hero-worship of Charles Manson troubling...

My guess about Sasha Turner going to the garage to check out the security tape 'sighting' of Chris is that his parents seem not to have been able to have taken much time off work throughout - which seems very unsympathetic of employers on the whole - and Chris was living with Sasha when he disappeared. Maybe that was a factor for LE, don't know though... Thanks for all your help - Let's keep on trying?
Old 10-23-2007, 06:29 AM

Lightbulb

I noticed that they had checked out a link to a girl on Myspace in Logan - Lost and Delirious - who has had a number of gaps in her postings, and being online on Myspace - Her boyfriend, Worm Your Honour Tyson's page is interesting - if you are interested in this case and want to, please read his blog about killing someone - Who knows if that is true or imagined, but I find his hero-worship of Charles Manson troubling...

Hi, did anyone check out the link I mentioned (in italics) above? - You know it's like you feel you might be going mad if you were to mention something like this - but then it still niggles away at you nonetheless - If it would be helpful if I inserted Worm's words here, then I can do that, if you don't have a Myspace account to check yourself?

It may also be a storm in a teacup, but I noticed that Lark who went missing about the same time in the same state was also driving a Chevy Blazer - her husband's newish car... Do things such as stealing specific cars to order happen in the US - are these two things connected - I'm so far away, I don't know.

Sending good wishes to you sleuths!