Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing but not forgotten Discussion > 1980's Missing

Notices

1980's Missing Persons missing from the 1980's

Old 02-19-2008, 07:27 PM
Where is Kimberly Shawn Cheatham?

bumping for Kim. Thinking of her today.

Could Princess Blue be identified soon Princess Blue? Follow us at the link below
Princess Blue Forum to find out.

Kimberly Shawn Cheatham
Missing from Dallas, Texas since April 8, 1989

Old 02-19-2008, 07:35 PM

Interesting fact: One of Dalzell Thompkins friends called Dallas, Texas police back in 2005 and told them that Dalzell was killed in a motorcycle accident in Louisiana and told the police officer when the funeral was supposed to be and all. It turns out that Dalzell was not killed in a motorcycle accident and is still alive today.

Could Princess Blue be identified soon Princess Blue? Follow us at the link below

Kimberly Shawn Cheatham

Old 08-29-2008, 08:26 PM

bumping for Kim!

Kimberly Shawn Cheatham

Old 01-07-2009, 03:48 PM

bumping for Kim

Kimberly Shawn Cheatham

Old 04-10-2009, 01:06 AM

Bumping for Kim. Missing 20 years

Kimberly Shawn Cheatham

Old 11-13-2009, 09:42 PM

Bumping for Kim

Kimberly Shawn Cheatham

Old 12-05-2010, 04:56 PM

bumping for Kim...

Kimberly Shawn Cheatham

Old 12-05-2010, 05:00 PM

Missing Person Timeline - Police Report

Kimberly Cheatham Missing Person Time-Line (from Police Report)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Missing Person Time-Line
Complainant: Kimberly Cheatham B.F. 01-14-68 S#236254-X
Offense Date- 4/6/89

Date: Thursday, 4/6/89
Time: Unknown
Kimberly Cheatham last seen by RP (father) /Thursday

Date: Friday, 4/7/89
on 4-13 Comp's Step-dad (Mr. B.) states that comp went on a date and did not return until 2:30am Saturday Morning. B. also stated that comp went to work on Saturday around 1 PM and got off at 8 PM but never returned home Sat.

Date: Saturday, 4/8/89
Comp's employer (Lowes Anatole) states that this is the last day that she worked/Saturday

Date: Saturday, 4/8/89
Comp's cousin states to I/O that comp was to have a date with a new friend that she met on Easter Sunday - a B/M named Rodrick. No one knows whether this date took place.

Date: Sunday, 4/9/89
Time: 2:30 AM
Comp's roommate (Mr. B.) told RP that this was the last time that he saw Comp / Sunday

Date: Sunday, 4/9/89
Time:
Comp's sister in CA stated to Sgt. Langford that she spoke with Comp on this date / Comp's mother confirmed

Date: Monday, 4/10/89
Time:
Comp's sister in CA stated to Sgt. Langford that she spoke with Comp on this date / Comp's mother confirmed

Date: Tuesday, 4/11/89
Comp is paid at her work but she does not pick up check

Date: Wednesday, 4/12/89
CHEATHAM, Kimberly S Alias: Kim
DOB: 01/14/68
Weight: 130
Height: 406
Hair color: Blac
Eye color: Brow
Cause of Absence: Unknown
Compentency (Phys) Norm
Compentency (Mental) Norm
Destination: Unknown

Hair length: Medium
Hair Style: Wavy
Glasses: Sunglasses
Appearance: Mod./Unusual
Complexion: Light
R/L Handed: Right
Build: Light

continued below

Kimberly Shawn Cheatham

Last edited by Earthbound Misfit I; 12-05-2010 at 05:32 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Earthbound Misfit I For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2010, 05:02 PM

Complaintant/Witness Information 1

RP S., Eugene
Home Address: --------
Business Address: Retired

Time: 5:30 PM
Element 4706 locates Comp's veh in a field at 7700 Indian Ridge Trail

Vehicle Information 1
1988 Pont Sun 2Dr License 1989 TX 077TWB
Vehicle Color Color 1: Red Color 2: Red
VIN ---------

On 4/12/89 Det. R.D. Ruttman responded to the request for Crime Scene Search at 7600 Indian Ridge Trail. Upon arrival Det. contacted Offs. C.C. Ridley #5321, D.0. Gilmore #5604, J.A. Mismash #5360, J. Munoz, Jr. $5765, R.L. Jackson #4525 and Sgt. M.E. Langford #4509.

Color photos were taken of the above listed vehicle before it was towed to the PES Bldg. at the auto pound while a search warrant was obtained.

Seizures Tag #669526
1) "U" .22 cal spent cartridge casing from under the driver's side seat
2) Broken turn signal arm lying on the ground outside the driver's door

A search warrant was obtained by Sgt. Langford and was executed on the above vehicle at the auto pound. The trunk was forcibly opened but the passenger compartment was unlocked. The vehicle was searched and it was noted that both front floormats and the right rear floormat were missing. In addition, it appeared that the seat covers had been removed from front and rear seats. Furthermore, the trunk mat was missing when the trunk was opened. Items #1 and #2 were placed in the prop. rm. on tag #669526 after processing.

Latent Processing
Item #1 was processed for latent prints with negative results. The above vehicle was also processed and identifiable fingerprints were lifted off the roof above the passenger door. In addition, it appeared that the area around both door handles, the area above the driver's door, and the rear trunk hood had all been wiped clean recently.

I, det. Jackson believe this offense to be a kidnapping because on 041289 Mr. Eugene S. called the Dallas Police Dept. and reported his daughter missing, Kimberly Cheatham B/F/21. She does not live with him and he has not seen her since last Thursday 040689. Mr. S. called her residence and her roommate thought that she was staying with Mr. S. They both agreed that this is unlike Kimberly to not at least phone one of them. Mr. B. Kimberly's roomate said that he last saw her Sunday morning 040989 about 2:30 AM. Her place of employment, Lowes Anatole was contacted. She has not reported to work since that Saturday. Comp. Has not contacted anyone since Saturday on 041289 at about 5:30 PM Element 4706 found the comp's vehicle in a wooded field at 7700 Indian Ridge Trail. The vehicle showed no damage or signs of having been stolen. It appears seatcovers were removed from the vehicle, front and back. The turn indicator was broken off and was found outside the drivers door. The indicator had blood on it. The trunk appeared to have been wiped off. PES called to scene and will process the vehicle upon receiving a warrant. The area was checked on foot and by helicopter neg results. Neighbor at ------- saw listed vehicle on Wed. morning indicating that it was parked there late Tuesday night. Neighbor walks that way every day and did not see it there on Tues morning.
Att. N.C.I.C. Carry Kimberly Shawn Cheatham B/F/011468 as involuntarly.

Time: 1:07 PM
RP Eugene S. files a WTL / Wednesday

Reportee S. stated he last saw his daughter listed date when she came by to take him shopping. Since listed date, complainant Cheatham has not come by, called reportee or gone to work or called. Reportee S. stated family and friends have not heard from complainant and everyone is worried about her.

Time: 9:21 PM
Det. Jackson #4525 completes supplement and list Comp with NCIC as Inv. Missing

continued below

Kimberly Shawn Cheatham

Last edited by Earthbound Misfit I; 12-05-2010 at 05:22 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:02 PM

Date: Thursday, 4/13/89
Det. Jackson searches car at City Pound - found one .25 cal spent shell casing (PES states .22 cal)

Det. Jackson went to the city pound with PES Ele. 48 where the Compl's vehicle was with a search warrant granted Ele. 48 opened the vehicle's trunk, but found nothing inside, but inside the interior of the vehicle he found one 25 caliber spent round. The padding in the trunk which covers the hidden spare tire was missing. PES was dusting for prints and taking pictures. Det. Jackson went to the complaniants residence to contact Mr. B., but no one was home, a business card from the constables office was attached to the gate it read Pct. 7 Ron Pullin Inv.

PES searches car and puts evidence into property room on tag #669526 (idt prints were found on car)

Det Jackson went to Comp's address to contact roommate Berrell but no one there / biz card from Constable

Time: 11:43 AM
Det. Rober #3459 ran x-cross of Comp's phone # and it's listed to Tammie Denise C. / phone number also listed to Willie B. (correct name of roommate) RP advised B. is a former boyfriend of Comp's mother and is in his 50's.

Time: 10:03 PM
Det. Jackson went to Comp's address and contacted roommate B.

Det. Jackson wen to Mr. B. house where the compl. lives tehre were no pictures of the comp. however I did find the names of recent boyfriends;
#1) Dalzell T. ---. The compl. lived with this man at one time. She then moved to her present residence.
#2) Michael L. G. 500 Commerce (4 P10) Dallas, TX. This is the County Jail. It was the only one listed for him in her files.
#3) Lashunda W. ------This is the lady that may know of the recent boyfriend (Rodrick) Listed in the other supplement. The compl. has a checking account at ------. She is paid each Tuesday and did not pick up her check this week. Mr. Berrell (stepfather) said that it was Friday night that she went on a date, not Saturday. She returned about 2:30 AM Saturday morning. She went to work Saturday about 1:00 PM and got off at 8:00 PM. But she never returned home Saturday after work. 040889.

Det. Jackson went to the old address listed on the compl. I.D. Card at -------. The manager had no record of the compl. ever living there and the apts. are only three years old. and two different families have lived there since they opened.
Sherry W a cousin of the compl. said that the compl. was to have had a date Saturday night 040889 with a new friend she had meet Easter Sunday a B/M name Rodrick. No one knows this person or if the compl. went on the date. A friend of the compl. who was with her when she meet him was attending college in Longview, TX. She is Lashunda W., and she may know where Rodrick lives. Mr. Sargent said that this person is supposed to call him and when she does he will get this information and have her contact det. Jackson.

This offense remains open as the investigation continues. The reporting person was recontacted this date at 8:30 AM and has had no contact with the comp. The R/P was advised that comps vehicle had been recovered. A search of the area where the vehicle was recovered was conducted this AM by Element 1560 and his mounted unit. No results at this time. The R/P advised the comp visited her aunt Gene W. ---- and her daughters Donna and Sherie frequently but he spoke with them yesterday and they have had no contact with the comp.
X-Cross CK PH # shows subscriber to be Tammie Denise C. at comps residence. X-Cross of phone # -------- is to Willie B. at the same address. R/P advised Burrell is a former boyfriend of the comps mother and he believes him to be in his 50's.

Date: Sunday, 4/16/89
Sgt. Langford was told by Mr. B. that Comp returned home 2:30 AM on Saturday (4/8) withan unk male

Sgt. Langford contacted Lashandra W. at ------ at Jarvis College. She stated that on Easter Weekend she and Kim went to an Apt located on Skillman to visit a friend of Kim's with the first name of Larry and his friend John L. No listing for L., however a classmate of Lashandra's, Mark J. knows him. She will contact him in order to get the address. Lashandra stated that on Easter Sunday she and Kim met two guys at Wyatt's. Kim exchanged phone numbers with the one named Rodrick. They had gone to high school in Austin together. Mother in Cali. will be contacted to get name of H.S. Kim and Rodrick dated one Saturday before the week end she became missing. He had been calling Donna's house all week trying to talk to her. He has not called since she turned up missing. According to Donna, Kim told her that Rodrick worked at a print shop on Mockingbird. Maybe Taylor and that he lived with the uncle on Camp Wisdom. Step Father stated that on Sat at 2:30 AM she came home with an unknown male that was not T. Kim always carried a lot of clothes in her car and had them in the car on Easter weekend. No clothes found in car.

Date: Monday, 4/17/89
Sgt. Langford spoke to Comp's sister in CA

Talked to sister Kathy in California she states that she talked to Kim on Sun and Mon after she had turned up missing. She stated that Kim told her she was mad at her boss and was going to work to talk to him. Kathy stated that she doesn't remember any more of the conversation. Mother confirmed that Kim had called Cali. on Sun and Mon. but did not say anything only small talk. Taylor Pub. manager Dawn will call back regarding any employees named Rodrick. Sister stated that Pflugerville High School was almost all white and that she did not know of any Rodricks. Kathy contacted at ------. Mother Freddie is in Dallas at ------. Kim went to H.S. between 84-86.

Date: Tuesday, 4/18/89
Contacted mother at ----- she talked to Delzell 041889 he told her he needed to talk to her alone. She was told to call him on the phone and say she was alone. She will call back with results. We have to set up a meeting if that doesn't work. Talked to Donna who stated she is sure that Kim had told her that Roderick worked at a printing company on Mockingbird and got off of work at 5:30 PM. She also stated that Mr. B. told her that on Friday night she was dropped off by a black male, very lightskinned driving a yellow car. Donna also stated that she made a phone call to Roderick for Kim on Sat but does not have that number now. She said it was between 5 and 6 PM and she got no answer. Roderick was said to be moving from Camp Wisdom to unknown location. Contacted William Powell - Dean A Jarvis College he will try to get info. on John L. Contacted Mr. Bradley at Pflugerville only 2 Roderick's at the school since 1981 neg on both. Taylor Pub contacted and stated that a Roderick Smith worked 8 PM to 4 AM shift. He was contacted by Sgt. Langford, don't believe he is involved however I may get a photo to show Lasunndra W.

Date: Wednesday, 4/19/89
Sgt. Langford finds phone number of "Rodrick" real name Rodney B. His address is a few blocks from recovery location of Comp's car. (Ran B. on AutoTracks and no hits)

Phone number of Rodrick was found in Com's bedroom. True name is Rodney B. His address is -----. This is several blocks from recovery location of vehicle. Phone number ----- Attempted to contact this residence all evening. No one is home. Will continue trying tomorrow.

Date: Thursday, 4/20/89
Det Jackson contacted Rodney B. today (new friend). He came to the office and told us that he did know Kimberly, but he last saw her Tues. March 28, 1989 and that he talked to her on the phone occasionaly. He did not provide any good information, he did give us a written statement to his contact with the complaniant. He said that he did not have a date with the compl. on the Saturday that she was missed, nor did he talk to her about a date for that night.

Date: Sunday, 4/23/89
Det Jackson talked to the complainant's mother who provided no new information. The family placed posters out in the area with the picture they received a call from a man called "Cowboy" who said that he knew where Kimberly was. They took his No. and called Det. Jackson.
Det. Jackson contacted the subject who said his name was Glen A. This subject talked as if he was under the influence of alcohol. He said that he did not say that he saw Kimberly only that he saw a person that fit the description of teh person on the poster. This lady was with a man at a motel at Hawn Frwy and Ledbetter yesterday. That location was incorrect. It should be Hawn Frwy. and Buckner Blvd. which is teh same street as Ledbetter. Mr. Adams did not know the name of the motel only that the location, and he again said that she kind of looked like the one in the poster.

Date: Monday, 4/24/89
Det. Jackson talked to Dalzell T. today. He said that he last saw the Comp on Saturday 04/08/89 when he returned her car to her...which was half full of gas. However, friends of Kim's at work said that she was upset because Dalzell returned it empty. He said that he went out Sat. night alone because he could not find Kim, and he returned home about 3 AM. He got up about 8:30 or 9:30 Sunday and spent the day at his sister's apt. Then went to work that night. Monday and Tuesday each day he did nothing and waited for word from Kim. He gave a written statement and also signed a consent to search form for his apt. Detectives found nothing. He also agreed to take a polygraph which is set for 4/26/89.

Date: Wednesday, 4/26/89
Investigative Supplement Report
Subject tested: Delzell T. T. B/M/23
Investigator: R. L. Jackson Bureau CIB/Youth
Type Test: Backster "YOU" Phase

Relevant Questions:
These questions are blacked out
Based on the evaluation of the subject's polygrams, it is this examiner's opinion that he was (this is blacked out also)when he answered (blacked out) to the relevant questions.

On todays date (04-26-89) Dalzell T. was given a polygraph by C. Hovey #3612. The following are the two relevant questions asked:

#1 blacked out

#2 blacked out though I can read part of it, it says: -------------- Kims car in the wooded field.

Based on the evaluation of the subject's polygrams it is the examiner's opinion that he was (blacked out) when he answered (blacked out) to the questions.

Date: Thursday, 4/27/89
Suspend
This case is still being investigated, suspend pending further leads.
Suspend

Date: 8/18/92
Carrie Nelson, Prudential Ins. Co., called to check on comp - says the Ins. Co., does not have her SS# - Possibly -----

Date: 8-19-92
Pending, This officer received a phone call from Carrie Nelson Prudential Ins. Co., to check on the status of case. Prudential holds the comp's life insurance policy.

The Comp's father has moved to ------. He stated the last known address of the comp mother is -----. He also stated that Don Ortega, CAPERS has been assigned the case.

Possible Social Security Card # is -------

Dalzell T. fingerprints checked against latents lifted from the veh. They were negative. NFI

Date: 8/19/96
Search on B., Rodney Carlton
NCIC check for prints on B.- AFIS check made on latents in file

Father's phone disc
Phone # for Ins Co disc

Turko-
Will order prints from Austin DPS

Call cold case squad - CAPERS - no new info
check on: Starr -Neg
check on DL - Neg
check on Tickets - Neg
check on Jail - Neg
Call mother in Calif - phone # disc - No listing - new area code 310---------
Eugene Stafford

Date: 8/26/96
Pending, The Comp is still missing. The I/O was unable to contact the RP. His phone has been disconnected and he no longer lives at the last known address. The I/O contacted Jose Ernesto Marroquin who lives in the mother's home in Calif. Her new number is -----. The family has heard nothing of from the comp and is still paying premiums on her life insurance policy with Prudential Ins. Co.

The I/O requested the AFIS check the latent prints lifted from the comp's vehicle with Rodney Carlton B. The check was negative. The latents have been registered with the state. The CAPERS cold case squad was contacted with no new information. The comp was checked on Starr, TX DL, traffic tickets, jail, ME and PMH with neg results. This subject will remain in NCIC - Cheatham, Kimberly W/F/011468

Date: 1/31/04
I/O Lannom R 185 attempted to locate RP and family members of Comp. Unable to do so at this time.

Date: 5/3/05
Time: Approx. 2:00 PM
I/O Garza #5232 spoke with the mother of Comp and asked if she would submit to a DNA swabbing. She stated she would have no problem with it. I/O then contacted Det. Wolff of the Carson Sheriff's Office and asked for their cooperation in obtaining the DNA sample from Comp's mother and submitted it to CODIS. I/O mailed out the DNA kit to Det S. Wolff on 5-25-05....NFI

Date: 7/14/05
Notation on page that says:
Attention NCIC... Please pack this report

Date: 7/23/05
On 7/21/05 I/O Syes was contacted by a friend of witness T. D. who told I/O Syes (Mabina) that witness T. was killed in a motorcycle accident in Louisiana outside New Orleans on Sat evening July 16, 2005. Funeral was on Sat July 23, 2005 in Louisiana. (NOTE by RKnowley: It turns out that Dalzell T. is NOT deceased). Detective Teddy Smith told me in an email that Dalzell is NOT dead and that Dalzell was a witness on a robbery offense in Dallas, TX January 7, 2007.

Date: 12 (Dec)/05
DNA received Per Susan B @ DPS
Date: 10/17/07
Attention NCIC - No additional information
Please keep this offense suspended pending further investigation.
Please remain suspended.

Kimberly Shawn Cheatham

Last edited by Earthbound Misfit I; 12-05-2010 at 05:30 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Earthbound Misfit I For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2011, 06:29 PM

bumping for Kim Cheatham..she has been missing way too long!

Kimberly Shawn Cheatham

Old 12-10-2011, 04:21 PM

Thinking of you Kim.......................

Kimberly Shawn Cheatham

Old 02-08-2013, 03:04 PM

Bumping for Kim !