Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Crimes in the News

Notices

Crimes in the News Read and comment about current crimes committed. Remember the copyright laws when posting news stories!

Old 10-01-2007, 03:46 PM
Former Member

Two children found dead in bathtub

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/14244578/detail.html

POSTED: 2:26 pm EDT October 1, 2007
UPDATED: 3:24 pm EDT October 1, 2007
CLEVELAND -- Cleveland police said that two children were found dead in a bathtub.
Police said the 2-year-old and 4-year-old girls were found in an apartment complex at 7700 Woodland Avenue on Monday morning.
The children's mother has been arrested under the investigation of suspicion of homicide.
Police said the children's father called them early Monday morning after he said he found the two girls in the bathroom.
He told police the children's mother called him, saying she didn't have to worry about it anymore and the kids were resting at peace. He then arrived at the apartment to find the girls.
The girls were taken to MetroHealth Medical Center, where they were pronounced dead. (more at link)

Old 10-01-2007, 04:07 PM
Former Member

waaaaaaa Another sad, sick story.

May the children rest in peace.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:28 PM
always. SS~

Another senseless murder of two innocent children!! This world has gone to hell and I am disgusted by mothers/fathers just throwing away their children. GRRRRRR!

Why didn't the father call 911 immediately?! Time could have been critical in saving those children.

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:50 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
Another senseless murder of two innocent children!! This world has gone to hell and I am disgusted by mothers/fathers just throwing away their children. GRRRRRR!

Why didn't the father call 911 immediately?! Time could have been critical in saving those children.
They said on the news that he's being questioned as well.

From what I heard on the news, the girls had two different last names. I was wondering if there wasn't another father out there with a dead child, or maybe this guy adopted one? I don't know. I'm sure we'll hear more later.

This sounds more like she was trying to hurt him by killing the girls to me.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:13 PM
Jason, you're pathetic

Why couldn't the mother just herself??

Sami
Old 10-01-2007, 06:17 PM
Former Member

This is so awful, when are these child killings going to end?
Old 10-01-2007, 06:41 PM

May those two children rest in peace.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:43 PM
always. SS~

He should be questioned. It could be a he said/she said case.

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:11 PM
Former Member

Oh yeah, another one. I see insane defense coming up.........
Old 10-01-2007, 08:35 PM

Good Lord. Prayers for these sweet angels.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:45 PM
It's never to late to be who you could have been

God bless these tiny angels who are now in your arms.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:53 PM
Jersey Girl

Location: I am a lifelong resident of the beautful Jersey Shore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
He should be questioned. It could be a he said/she said case.
Did you hear his 911 call? The state he was in, I highly doubt he had anything to do with it.

Listen to the distraught father's 911 call :

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2007/10/drown911.mp3

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/

**Collective I.Q. of YARN I tell you**

***Mason: “When you looked at the pictures, was the mandible [jawbone] there or not?"
Garavaglia: “The mandible was there. It was there on x-ray and it was there in pictures.”
Mason: “Who placed the mandible there?”
Garavaglia: “God.” ***

***Mason returned to the possibility of drowning. Garavaglia replied that she had never seen a drowning with duct tape on the lower half of the face. “There’s no reason why a child that’s drowned is put in a plastic bag and dumped on the side of the road,” Garavagalia said.

***JB to Murdock :"Sir you're not a piece of duct tape are you? So you can't say your brand is my brand can you, sir"?***

***"I don't/can't remember/recall"*** Dr. Spitz

Old 10-01-2007, 08:58 PM
Banned

OMG he is in pain. No way he had anything to do with this. Oh my heart goes out to him (this is 20 minutes from me)
Old 10-01-2007, 09:01 PM
Jersey Girl

Location: I am a lifelong resident of the beautful Jersey Shore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpharee View Post
OMG he is in pain. No way he had anything to do with this. Oh my heart goes out to him (this is 20 minutes from me)
My heart was breaking listening to him screaming in anquish.

**Collective I.Q. of YARN I tell you**

***Mason: “When you looked at the pictures, was the mandible [jawbone] there or not?"
Garavaglia: “The mandible was there. It was there on x-ray and it was there in pictures.”
Mason: “Who placed the mandible there?”
Garavaglia: “God.” ***

***Mason returned to the possibility of drowning. Garavaglia replied that she had never seen a drowning with duct tape on the lower half of the face. “There’s no reason why a child that’s drowned is put in a plastic bag and dumped on the side of the road,” Garavagalia said.

***JB to Murdock :"Sir you're not a piece of duct tape are you? So you can't say your brand is my brand can you, sir"?***

***"I don't/can't remember/recall"*** Dr. Spitz

Old 10-01-2007, 10:37 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnam View Post
My heart was breaking listening to him screaming in anquish.
I cant even listen to it-------
Old 10-01-2007, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by concernedperson View Post
Oh yeah, another one. I see insane defense coming up.........
-------------
Right Concerned, another Andrea Yates.One child had the fathers last name~the oldest one.The younger girl had the mothers last name.They are probably from different fathers.At 11pm news, she is being held but the father has not been held.They said more news tomorrow,also spoke with neighbors.Prayers for the little Angels..Cleveland is rather closed mouthed on murders,better that way.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpharee View Post
-----------
alpharee, I'm not too far from this either.I feel so sorry for the Dad.God help him.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:36 PM

When are these child killings going to end?? Never,, there have always been child killings. It's just that now there are more people- and more children to kill, and more stress and insanity in the world on top of it, and more media coverage of all the child killings,, because they know it's upsetting news that will get peoples' attention and sell papers.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:37 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnam View Post
Did you hear his 911 call? The state he was in, I highly doubt he had anything to do with it.

Listen to the distraught father's 911 call :

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2007/10/drown911.mp3

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/
I should have NOT listened to this. My good those poor children and this poor father. Why
Old 10-01-2007, 11:45 PM
Inactive

OMG! I couldnt make it through the call before crying.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:46 PM

I hate the way 911 calls are made public now... even put on the news for the world to hear. What a cruel invasion of privacy... it's kind of a sick form of reality TV.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:59 PM

Here's what gets me:

<Deondra Hurt, 19, who lives in the same two-story apartment building, said she heard the girls' father screaming and shouting. She later went to the apartment and saw their mother "on a couch, and she was just sitting there. She was a nice girl. It's real sad.">

hmmmm.. uhh, hello.. what was she thinking, "oh gosh, the kids are up there screaming bloody murder.. guess maybe I'll mozey up there a bit later and check in, see what's going on.."

Sorry.. but I honestly think you can tell when a kid is screaming for their lives.... am I wrong?? Although,, yes it's true, some kids can be extremely dramatic.... (they don't get something they want and they sound like they're going to die)... but, don't you all think you call tell, by the sound, when a kid is REALLY being abused?? And what could it hurt to at least go knock on the door and make sure that's not the case...?

It's just bugs me to think that girl heard those sounds and probably thought,, oh.. she's just up there disciplining her kids.. it's a family matter. Then again, we don't know exactly WHAT she heard. (it still bugs me though!)
Old 10-02-2007, 12:29 AM
Former Member

[quote=reb;1712169]Here's what gets me:

<Deondra Hurt, 19, who lives in the same two-story apartment building, said she heard the girls' father screaming and shouting. She later went to the apartment and saw their mother "on a couch, and she was just sitting there. She was a nice girl. It's real sad.">

hmmmm.. uhh, hello.. what was she thinking, "oh gosh, the kids are up there screaming bloody murder.. guess maybe I'll mozey up there a bit later and check in, see what's going on.."

quote]
i think you asweared you own question
Old 10-02-2007, 12:43 AM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Gal View Post
I should have NOT listened to this. My good those poor children and this poor father. Why
The father is just destroyed. What a harrowing 911 call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reb View Post
Here's what gets me:

Sorry.. but I honestly think you can tell when a kid is screaming for their lives.... am I wrong?? Although,, yes it's true, some kids can be extremely dramatic.... (they don't get something they want and they sound like they're going to die)... but, don't you all think you call tell, by the sound, when a kid is REALLY being abused?? And what could it hurt to at least go knock on the door and make sure that's not the case...?

It's just bugs me to think that girl heard those sounds and probably thought,, oh.. she's just up there disciplining her kids.. it's a family matter. Then again, we don't know exactly WHAT she heard. (it still bugs me though!)
See the bold above. What she heard was the father coming home to find his children drowned in the tub, not the mother killing them. The dad was screaming at his wife/girlfriend, "why did you have to kill them?"
Old 10-02-2007, 01:58 AM

OMG I had to turn the 911 off that is horrible. He could barely make out his words I could imagine that is the way one would act under this kind of situation. I feel sick now.. (really surprised with the way he handled this that he didnt go kill the mother at that moment)