Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Crimes in the News

Notices

Crimes in the News Read and comment about current crimes committed. Remember the copyright laws when posting news stories!

Old 10-07-2007, 06:26 PM
Semper Fi

Crandon township supervisor Ray Statezny Jr. said that the shooting was the result of a love triangle involving the deputy, a young woman, and another police officer.

Another resident says he heard suspect broke up with girlfriend last week. She is apparently still in high school. This was supposedly a homecoming party.

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/10299502.html
Old 10-07-2007, 06:42 PM
Banned

Dang!!! Means she was underage?
Old 10-07-2007, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom View Post

Taximom,

I'm just getting astarted reading this........but I know Eleva is a long way from where the shooting took place.....will post more once I get caught up!
Old 10-07-2007, 07:11 PM
Semper Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana at Heart View Post
Dang!!! Means she was underage?
She could be 18 if she is a senior. I'll be curious to find out though.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:11 PM

I wonder if any made it out without injury?

This is getting to be horrible all the mass shootings & LE being involved.
They are hired to protcet people not go nuts & start killing them.

I am glad he was killed or killed himself.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:19 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheko1 View Post

This story is bothering me a lot. I can't elaborate just now as I am still sorting through all my feelings.It just seems that LE hires without further testing or evaluations on the people in certain areas. I know about budget constraints but some of these people are time bombs and the same could be said for the security forces hired as independent contractors in Iraq.

I had an LE friend tell me that these firms were hiring felons. So, with that said we have to wonder who is allowing these miscreants to be part of a force that is supposed to be protecting us.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Taximom,

I'm just getting astarted reading this........but I know Eleva is a long way from where the shooting took place.....will post more once I get caught up!
How far is Arragon from where this happened. That is where he was when he was killed.

TIA

Maybe since his girlfriend was so young he was a young man too. Although I always thought one had to be at least 21 to be on the police force.

imoo
Old 10-07-2007, 07:35 PM

Quote:

Since they said about 10 were at the party there will be survivors thank the Lord.

Yes that story is not clear either. One article is saying a police sniper took him out and the others are saying it was self inflicted and they found him.

imoo
Old 10-07-2007, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
How far is Arragon from where this happened. That is where he was when he was killed.

TIA

Maybe since his girlfriend was so young he was a young man too. Although I always thought one had to be at least 21 to be on the police force.

imoo
Argonne is 6.83 miles from Crandon according to mapquest
Old 10-07-2007, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
Crandon township supervisor Ray Statezny Jr. said that the shooting was the result of a love triangle involving the deputy, a young woman, and another police officer.

Another resident says he heard suspect broke up with girlfriend last week. She is apparently still in high school. This was supposedly a homecoming party.

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/10299502.html

It sounds like from this article besides killing the people he may of went to another home & held 6 people hostage. What the heck.......??? Or am I reading to much into this?
Old 10-07-2007, 07:59 PM

An article said that this happened at the home of his ex-girllfriend ~ a love triangle, with another officer involved. The shooter was 20, Taximom, HOW do you find these people on myspace???

Anyway, I wonder how old the other officer is, and how many officers in that town are 21 or younger.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedie2 View Post
An article said that this happened at the home of his 16 y/o ex-girllfriend ~ a love triangle, with another officer involved. The shooter was 20, Taximom, HOW do you find these people on myspace???

Anyway, I wonder how old the other officer is, and how many officers in that town are 21 or younger.
16 yrs old!! WTF is this world coming too. He was 20.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:08 PM

Quote:
It sounds like from this article besides killing the people he may of went to another home & held 6 people hostage. What the heck.......??? Or am I reading to much into this?
That's what it sounds like to me, too. Presser tomorrow? I'd sure like to hear about the hostages.

What a small town Crandon is. And what a huge loss of young people. I feel so sorry for them all.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:22 PM
Banned

Small town and everyone knows everyone! The whole town is in morning
Old 10-07-2007, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedie2 View Post
That's what it sounds like to me, too. Presser tomorrow? I'd sure like to hear about the hostages.

What a small town Crandon is. And what a huge loss of young people. I feel so sorry for them all.

I was looking up any myspace pages but never had any luck.....any names listed in news articles are set to private.

Yes there are many very small towns in Wis & everyone knows everyone or are related to each other. Will be a sad day for everyone once the names are released. My thoughts & prayers goes out to the entire community & friends & families.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by concernedperson View Post
This story is bothering me a lot. I can't elaborate just now as I am still sorting through all my feelings.It just seems that LE hires without further testing or evaluations on the people in certain areas. I know about budget constraints but some of these people are time bombs and the same could be said for the security forces hired as independent contractors in Iraq.

I had an LE friend tell me that these firms were hiring felons. So, with that said we have to wonder who is allowing these miscreants to be part of a force that is supposed to be protecting us.
Which is funny to me because in larger cities it is nearly impossible to get into the police force. My husband went out for the police last year and he made it through the written exam and 90% of the physical exam until the end when he had to pick up a gun and pull the trigger 10 times and aim into a tiny ring. He made it 6 times until his finger cramped up and that was it for him. Even if he would've passed, he just would've been on a waiting list. He wanted to be a police man so bad and it kills us to hear about all these jerkoff police officers abusing their responsibilities and being a-holes. There are a lot of caring people who want to be on these forces and would do great jobs.

My thoughts go out to the grieving families.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
I wonder if this is the perp. He may have moved recently to Canden.

imo
Old 10-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Semper Fi

How does a 20 year old become a cop, and in two departments at that? I know the small towns around me can afford to be selective as alot of big city cops want to semi-retire to small towns. You usually end up with over qualified older cops being underpaid. 20 years old? Was his dad the mayor or something?
Old 10-07-2007, 08:47 PM

Quote:
How does a 20 year old become a cop, and in two departments at that? I know the small towns around me can afford to be selective as alot of big city cops want to semi-retire to small towns. You usually end up with over qualified older cops being underpaid. 20 years old? Was his dad the mayor or something?
I was under the impression that one had to be at least 21 to join the force.

Maybe the age of the suspect is wrong perhaps?

No 20 year old is mature enough to be a policeman imo. It does make me wonder if his family has pull.

Oops sorry: ETA I do see they are confirming he IS 20 years old.

I wonder if the guy in his 20s that had glass cuts was the other policeman? (boyfriend)

imoo
Old 10-07-2007, 08:52 PM
Semper Fi

I would be curious to know how old the second cop was that stepped in and started dating the ex GF that Tyler just broke up with.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:53 PM

The victims:

Authorities did not release details of the killings or names of the victims Sunday but from interviews with families and friends the following were believed to have been killed:

- Jordann Murray, 18, the suspect's former longtime sweetheart who graduated from Crandon High School in 2006.

- Katrina McCorkle, an 18-year-old senior at Crandon High.

- Leanna Thomas, also an 18-year-old senior at Crandon.

- Bradley Schultz, 20, a 2005 graduate of Crandon and a student at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee majoring in criminal justice.

- Aaron Smith, called "Chunk" by his friends, also a 2005 graduate of Crandon.

- Lindsey Stahl, age 14.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=671874
Old 10-07-2007, 08:54 PM

Quote:
I would be curious to know how old the second cop was that stepped in and started dating the ex GF that Tyler just broke up with.
One of the articles states there is a guy in his 20s that was there at the time. He got cuts from glass shattering.
I bet he is the new boyfriend.

imoo
Old 10-07-2007, 08:55 PM
Semper Fi

Thanks Lady GL, what a tragedy.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:56 PM
Semper Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
One of the articles states there is a guy in his 20s that was there at the time. He got cuts from glass shattering.
I bet he is the new boyfriend.

imoo

Probably. And the ex-GF was 18, so the age difference doesn't point to anything.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Probably. And the ex-GF was 18, so the age difference doesn't point to anything.
I agree.

I think he most likely learned that the new boyfriend was over there. Who knows he may have watched the house for hours before bursting in at 3 in the morning.

He broke up with her last week the articles stated and the next week she started to see this new guy.

Such a tragedy for those victims that were sitting ducks as he started firing on them. There is nothing one can do but try to run. But when someone is firing bullets the ending is going to be so heartbreaking as it was here.

imoo