Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Crimes in the News

Notices

Crimes in the News Read and comment about current crimes committed. Remember the copyright laws when posting news stories!

Old 10-10-2007, 03:27 PM
Former Member

Gainesville Father Charged with Child Abuse

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/t...?storyid=93131
GAINESVILLE, FL -- Authorities in Gainesville say a father forced his young son to sit in hot water as part of his toilet-training.

Now the father is in legal hot water, facing charges of child abuse.

The Alachua County Sheriff's Office says 22-year-old Andrew James Jr. whipped his son for soiling himself, then made him sit in hot water.

Officials arrested James Friday afternoon after the child's grandmother notified authorities.

The boy suffered 2nd and 3rd degree burns on most of his lower body, including his legs and feet.

He was treated at Shands Gainesville.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:32 PM

this is one of those cases where honestly the same abuse should be applied to this "father" repeatedly until he finally gets it. Jack*ss. he must be a moron to think that this form of potty training is conducive to achieving that goal.. there ought to be a law that prevents folks like this from reproducing. I hope this little boy heals and doesnt have any permanent damage though with 3rd degree burns that is unlikely.. I am incredibly sad for him.. he needs to be with someone who is qualified to parent and will love this boy and prevent othersl this SOb from harming him.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:33 PM

I would love to be the cop who arrests these scums..
Old 10-10-2007, 03:34 PM

I wonder where the mother was/ is?
Wouldn't she of known about it?
Old 10-10-2007, 04:05 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by opme View Post
this is one of those cases where honestly the same abuse should be applied to this "father" repeatedly until he finally gets it. Jack*ss. he must be a moron to think that this form of potty training is conducive to achieving that goal.. there ought to be a law that prevents folks like this from reproducing. I hope this little boy heals and doesnt have any permanent damage though with 3rd degree burns that is unlikely.. I am incredibly sad for him.. he needs to be with someone who is qualified to parent and will love this boy and prevent othersl this SOb from harming him.
Yes, opme, I totally agree with your punishment but can we put his entire body under water for about 5 minutes?

This poor child. It makes me so sick when I hear about this stuff. I always worry about those that this is happening to right now that we don't know about. Pray for them.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:01 PM

Oh, yeah. Boiling water and beatings as incentive to learn to use the potty. Why on earth didn't *I* think of that?! We're in the throes of potty learning right now....to think I could be making it sooooooooo much easier on us BOTH by torturing her with hot water!

/raving, raging, sarcastic rant
Old 10-10-2007, 06:06 PM
Inactive

This is one of the saddest stories I have read. This child I am sure is only a little toddler. Makes you wonder what other abuse the father poured on this child if this is he reaction to soiled pants. I am sure this little child has lived in hell most of their life..hopefully this child will be taken away from this father and given to someone who will know how to properly care for and love this precious gift.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:39 PM

I am so sick at heart for this baby.....to get such severe burns is horrible. Having 3rd degree burns requires skin grafting which is so very painful. I wish they'd let me at that sorry SOB!!!!
Old 10-11-2007, 08:41 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheko1 View Post
I am so sick at heart for this baby.....to get such severe burns is horrible. Having 3rd degree burns requires skin grafting which is so very painful. I wish they'd let me at that sorry SOB!!!!
I'll join you.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:51 PM

Geez, what a sicko. I hope that child NEVER is forced to spend time with this brut again.