Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing but not forgotten Discussion > 1980's Missing

Notices

1980's Missing Persons missing from the 1980's

Old 05-18-2012, 02:42 PM

I have always wondered if timothy bindner was connected to all the san fran bay missing children.
Leanna "Beaner" Warner
Jodi Huisentruit
Amy Billig
Rachael Garden
Stacie Madison and Susan Smalley
The Springfield Three
Fawn & Rozlin Abell
The Forth Worth Trio
Rachel Mellon Skemp

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/photos/full/20806
Where is Sharon Rose Sons?
Discuss her case here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...aron+rose+sons

"We lose our keys, we lose our glasses..but how, in America, do we lose our children?!"-Molly Bish's Mother
**All posts are my opinion.**
Old 05-21-2012, 10:03 PM

Binder is someone that really makes you wonder. Sadly he has put himself in a position where law enforcement is afraid to look at him much.

I believe that most of not all of the Bay area abductions are connected, I just wish they would find out who it is. Because people like this don't stop unless they are dead or locked up.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leprikawn For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2012, 01:36 PM

@Leprikawn:
I agree! I have always thought Angela Bugay was a trigger case for him. I know he had nothing to do with that case, but Amber Swartz-Garcia reminds me so much of Angela, I have always thought he had something to do with her disappearance because he was so infatuated with Angela. I encourage anyone interested in the Bay area disappearances to read Stalemate, and see what they think afterwards.
I also don't think all of them are connected. I do believe they have charged the wrong person with Amber's vanishing ( her mother Kim also thinks this). Her case is closed now, with no body.
Leanna "Beaner" Warner
Jodi Huisentruit
Amy Billig
Rachael Garden
The Springfield Three
Fawn & Rozlin Abell
The Forth Worth Trio
Rachel Mellon Skemp

"We lose our keys, we lose our glasses..but how, in America, do we lose our children?!"-Molly Bish's Mother
The Following User Says Thank You to amber1 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2012, 07:27 PM

Bumping for Michaela.........A solvable case and there are people who know what happened, and they need to give specific clues to bring her home!

Be a human Being and give her mother some peace!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Leprikawn For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2012, 01:07 AM

Very solvable considering it was broad daylight with witnesses! You can remain anonymous just please at the very least let her come home!
Leanna "Beaner" Warner
Jodi Huisentruit
Amy Billig
Rachael Garden
The Springfield Three
Fawn & Rozlin Abell
The Forth Worth Trio
Rachel Mellon Skemp

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to amber1 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2012, 12:01 PM

we are a little over 2 months away from the anniversary of the kidnapping! Sadly this is a solvable case, yet its still unsolved.

The police have thousands of tips, several suspects, and yet nothing!

Someone out there.....maybe someone reading this forum......knows what happened and who the kidnapper is. Why do you protect this man?

I dont believe that Shermantine or Herzog had anything to with this.....I did for awhile but a few things changed my mind.
So many people watched this car swerve down Mission BLVD, yet Nothing! Someone has to have some info, that can make this Puzzle come together.

I also believe that Michaela is alive, something I have thought about for years, but lately I have trusted my gut and I just dont feel that she is dead. It was so brazen of a kidnapping, in broad daylight in front of witnesses, I just feel that a person that would take that many chances wanted to keep her. Jaycee being found is a good example of this.

Sorry about the rant. Just read Sharons blog and didnt know what to say to her, so I thought I would Bump Michaela so ideas and thoughts started flowing again!

~ Rod
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leprikawn For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2012, 12:26 PM

I also have the gut feeling she is alive, they way the abduction occured just makes me feel that way. She was taken outta a whim, just like Jaycee was. The person saw her, and wanted her, and took her. This person can definitely be seen as a disorganized criminal, I don't believe he would be the type to make plans, I think he would be more likely to take it day by day, which is why I can see him still having her. (Again, I base this on how brazen the abduction was, in front of witnesses, broad daylight.)
I think it's eery how she could be out there, watching everyone look for her, but be so brain washed and dependent on her captors, she doesn't reach out to be found.
Anything is possible, just my opinions, I hope they find her, this is a solvable case, we just need the right people to come forward.
I have also always wondered if other people are involved-did he take her for himself, for someone else, does he have a "wife" or "partner" or "family" he's keeping her with, like Jaycee or Elizabeth Smart?
Leanna "Beaner" Warner
Jodi Huisentruit
Amy Billig
Rachael Garden
The Springfield Three
Fawn & Rozlin Abell
The Forth Worth Trio
Rachel Mellon Skemp

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amber1 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2012, 08:52 PM

A little over a month till the anniversary of her abduction! Her mother has been posting about Michaela being in the UAE! Its sounding more and more like a possibility. Sharon posted information on how Michaela can get help if she is indeed in the UAE.

So if you are looking at Webslueths Michaela, because of a web search on your name, you need to go to a US Embassy, they have your information and will help you and protect you!
Old 10-10-2012, 09:34 PM

Speed Freak duo update: CBS13 has obtained a report from a forensic anthropologist showing the remains of JoAnn Hobson were co-mingled with remains of at least two other people. One of those victims appears to be a child between 5 and 14 years old.

The remains have been sent to the Hayward Police Department for DNA testing in Michaela's case.

More at this link:
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012/...n-linden-well/

Heartbreaking.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lilsleuth For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2012, 11:14 PM

Michaela's mom is FB friend of mine. I've not, however, met her in person. She states that she believes this is it. I still hold out hope that Michaela is alive, at least until there is proof, but there you have it. Not a good outcome but at least they'll have answers.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Merical2 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2012, 01:54 AM

"As far as the bone itself goes, they told me it was (from) a girl between the ages of 5 and 13 and that (it coincided) with the time she went missing. There are not a lot of girls that it could be," Michaela's mother, Sharon Murch, said Wednesday.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-...rave-were-more

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lilsleuth For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2012, 02:09 AM
Verified Insider-Mark Dribin case

Post Authorities testing remains from Linden well to determine if they belonged to missing

By Kristin J. Bender
Oakland Tribune
Posted: 10/10/2012 07:16:19 PM PDT
Updated: 10/10/2012 10:05:09 PM PDTHAYWARD -- Authorities are testing a bone fragment discovered in a Linden well to determine if it may be that of missing Hayward girl Michaela Garecht, who vanished in 1988.
The girl's mother, who was contacted by police Monday, said she believes the fragment is likely that of the girl based on information that was shared with her by police. Michaela was 9 when she was kidnapped outside a Hayward corner market on Nov. 19, 1988.
"As far as the bone itself goes, they told me it was (from) a girl between the ages of 5 and 13 and that (it coincided) with the time she went missing. There are not a lot of girls that it could be," Michaela's mother, Sharon Murch, said Wednesday. more at link: http://www.contracostatimes.com/brea...rave-were-more

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LinasK For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2012, 02:38 AM
Verified Expert/Professional in SAR and K9SAR

This case has always been near and dear to me for a whole lot of reasons. Seeing her picture on the news tonight and then hearing why brought tears to my eyes. May there finally be some peace.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:09 AM

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012/...n-linden-well/
iMO
This article is fascinating as well as extremely disturbing, because it seems that the people who dug up the one girl's bones didn't even test for the other missing girls. They returned the bones to the mother who had the bones tested. She found out that there were 2 other victims co-mingled in tHe remains!!!! How awful for this mom (and the other moms) to realize that if she didn't go to the trouble of testing the remains on her own, they may never have found out there were 2 more victims.
These cases have haunted the Bay Area for over 20 years, We still see these beautiful girls' pictures in store windows!
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to jstwondering For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2012, 08:49 AM
Tybee you will never be forgotten

Saw Her Mom's FB page this morning. I have met Sharon and my heart aches for her everytime I hear there is a possible lead in the case.I can't even imagine the roller coaster ride of emotions she or the Siblings keep have to ride everytime.
I turly hope that one day they all will have peace. All though when they 1st released a skecth of Herzog way back. my gut told me Michaela was in Stockton somewhere,
Here is a the ABC link telling about the Testing being done.
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sec...bay&id=8843115

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=61288
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JDB For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2012, 10:57 AM

This poor mother, my heart breaks for her, she seems like in her heart she "knows" this is Michaela.

Here is another link: http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/Bone-...173701931.html

Quote:
If this is confirmed," she said, "I will be glad to know the truth, simply because it is the truth. And I feel an overwhelming desire to bring Michaela home. It breaks my heart to think of her little body lying in that godforsaken place for all these years, and if that is so, I want to gather her up and bring her home."
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chaddylex For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2012, 01:55 PM

A few years ago after watching a tv show on the speed freak killers, i wondered and even posted on here that Herzog looked like the sketch of the kidnapper. Seeing Sharons FB page and reading what she said this morning just broke my heart. It was like a kick in the gut! If the family gets closure on this part of the case, i will be grateful that Mivhaela is finally brought home to Sharon. But my anger towards the Sherrif and his blatant disregard for the victims is at a boiling point! I hope that the Attorney General of California looks into his office. There has to be laws broken in this search......like desecration of a corpse! And what about the other bone fragments to the second un identified? Are other victims remains buried with Chevy Wheeler? This Sherrif should be horse whipped!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Leprikawn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2012, 02:38 PM

I agree, it's is uncalled for. These families of the missing in CA need closure. How would the sheriff feel if he had a missing child?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chaddylex For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2012, 06:05 PM

According to the Mercury news they think that maybe 4 more victims were mixed in with Joeann Hobsons remains. Now the Sheriff said there was only 3 bodies and a fetus in that well. Now here is the possibility of four more!

If the Sheriff cant be bothered by the victims and their families then turn it over to the FBI and let people that care take over.

Michaelas family has been through so much. all those years of searching and now a bone fragment is found and turns their lives upside down again. And if it is Michaela, they then get the task of trying to deal with a Sheriff that doesnt care, to try and get the rest of her little body back!

This also blows Herzogs "I didnt do anything it was all Wesley" statement out of the water. He was just as sick and I hope he is burning in hell as we speak!
Old 10-11-2012, 08:04 PM

Thank heavens JoAnn Hobson's mother decided to have her daughter's remains checked out. She knew something wasn't right. If not for her, three or four more victims would be forever lost. My heart grieves for all of these families!

IMO, Shermantine knew Herzog kidnapped Michaela. It will come out because he's already talking about writing a book and spilling everything in the year 2020.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lilsleuth For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2012, 08:08 PM
Verified Expert/Professional in SAR and K9SAR

I don't even know what to say. So, what is it, they found their missing person so no need to identify the other bones??? I am floored at the moment.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:03 PM
ebook Bad Fairies coming July 1 from Torridbooks.com!

So terribly terribly sad.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:09 PM

so the sheriff wouldnt let Wesley out of Prison to point out the burial sites. He brings in a backhoe that destroys the bodies into thousands of bone fragments. He refuses to let other agencies in to search for missing persons. He refuses to let the FBI, who have experience in these matters excavate the area. He refuses to take Shermantine seriously even though the man has not been wrong yet on burial sites. And he is almost disgusted by the victims and their families.

Makes you almost wonder if he was involved in the killings?

Now I know he wasnt but what kind of a person reacts like this? Except for the actual blood on his hands, he has as much sympathy for these people as Shermantine and Herzog!

I have a real soft spot in my heart for Michaela, and over the years have grown to admire her mother and how she constantly tried to find her daughter. She is such a genuine person and puts her heart and her emotions out there for the whole world to see. This is such a sad ending in so many ways, and I hope that from here on out the victims and their families are respected, and treated with dignity.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Leprikawn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2012, 11:39 PM

These guys have hurt so many ppl...investigators would be fools to not look into all the sites. I guarantee so many more missing person cases will be solved!!!
As for it being Michaela, i have always hoped she would come home like Jaycee did. But i feel in my gut this is her. Maybe even Gayle Marks- I am positive she is a SFK victim.
Leanna "Beaner" Warner
Jodi Huisentruit
Amy Billig
Rachael Garden
The Springfield Three
Fawn & Rozlin Abell
The Forth Worth Trio
Rachel Mellon Skemp

The Following User Says Thank You to amber1 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2012, 11:44 PM

I had many doubts as Herzog being the one who took her, but I think I still had high hopes of her coming home safe.
One thing I had always asked myself is what kind of a "skilled" criminal/abductor would take a child in broad daylight, in front of a witness? I think the answer now is someone who is on "Speed". It makes perfect sense now.
Leanna "Beaner" Warner
Jodi Huisentruit
Amy Billig
Rachael Garden
The Springfield Three
Fawn & Rozlin Abell
The Forth Worth Trio
Rachel Mellon Skemp

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to amber1 For This Useful Post: