Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Up to the Minute

Notices

Up to the Minute Breaking news happening right now! (This is not for crime news. Please post breaking crime in the "Crimes in the News" forum).

Old 10-29-2007, 02:37 PM
Former Member

Montel Williams today: Wife of Gary Ridgeway, Green River Killer

Montel Williams show today:
Wife of Gary Ridgeway, Green River Killer

http://www.montelshow.com/

Some mention of other serial killers as well.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:08 PM

Thanks for the heads-up on this show. I don't watch Montel every day but I want to watch this. I just watched a show on Gary Ridgway on Discovery Times this morning. He looked like anything but what you would think the Green River Killer would look like. Just so ordinary looking. Killed so many young women.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:44 PM

That poor woman she lived with him all those years. I bet it will be very hard for her to ever trust a man agian. He dont look like a killer but what dose a killer look like? That is just scary to think that you could live with someone that is capable of this crime!!!!
Old 10-29-2007, 05:55 PM
Former Member

You're very welcome.

When I saw the cable info screen on today's show I confused Ridgeway with the BTK killer at first. I couldn't believe his wife was going to be talking in public already! Then I realized it was THIS creep as opposed to THAT creep.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:12 PM
Best Behavior is Overrated!!!!

Question

I wish I would have been online sooner so I would have seen this! I just got done reading an excellent book on Ridgway.

So, did she reveal anything new????
My posts are to stay at WS, not to be moved to other forums for their members to judge. I know who is moving posts and this is fair warning. If I want my posts moved to other places, I will do it myself.

The above post is JMO, MOO, MHO, and all other disclaimers. Please leave it here at WS! TIA
Old 10-29-2007, 06:16 PM
Former Member

Hi Tez!

I didn't even get to watch it and was hoping they would show video at Montel's link. (I haven't checked yet.) I turned the tv on for weather as I was running out the door and saw what they were discussing but didn't have time to watch the whole thing. I can't even imagine how she must feel now knowing "what" she was married to.

Did you get my email? I haven't checked since yesterday, so maybe I need to check mine! lol
Old 10-29-2007, 06:57 PM
Best Behavior is Overrated!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
Hi Tez!

I didn't even get to watch it and was hoping they would show video at Montel's link. (I haven't checked yet.) I turned the tv on for weather as I was running out the door and saw what they were discussing but didn't have time to watch the whole thing. I can't even imagine how she must feel now knowing "what" she was married to.

Did you get my email? I haven't checked since yesterday, so maybe I need to check mine! lol
Hey Taximom! No, I didn't get your eMail. Check your PMs.

I couldn't imagine the shock of finding out that my husband was a serial killer! I'd be put in a nice basket weaving place for the rest of my living days!
My posts are to stay at WS, not to be moved to other forums for their members to judge. I know who is moving posts and this is fair warning. If I want my posts moved to other places, I will do it myself.

The above post is JMO, MOO, MHO, and all other disclaimers. Please leave it here at WS! TIA
Old 10-29-2007, 08:41 PM

Its a shame Ridgeway got that plea deal to spare him from execution, I'm sure the victims families were disgusted when that happened
Old 10-29-2007, 11:02 PM
Retired WS Staff

They talked today about a man and his girlfriend that tortured and killed women in a housetrailer he owned. He hung them up and would let them listen to a tape of what he'd done to other women telling them on the tape that was what was going to happen to them. He tortured them horribly.

I wondered today, just in the past 50 years, how many women must have been killed by serial killers. Women have never stood much of a chance in this world.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:39 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBee View Post
They talked today about a man and his girlfriend that tortured and killed women in a housetrailer he owned. He hung them up and would let them listen to a tape of what he'd done to other women telling them on the tape that was what was going to happen to them. He tortured them horribly.

I wondered today, just in the past 50 years, how many women must have been killed by serial killers. Women have never stood much of a chance in this world.
Well, if you look at Ted Bundy alone, they have no idea how many women he killed on his travels across the US.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:23 AM

Ann Rule wrote a really good book about the Green River Killer. If I remember right, there was some mention from Ridgeway's wife or at least ex girlfriend that he did have a few red flags and some odd sexual preferences. I watched his trial on court tv and will never forget those scanning beaty eyes and how he even still felt so entitled to have power over his victims by calling them "ladies" and "the end that he gave them". Yuck.