Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing but not forgotten Discussion > Madeleine McCann

Notices

Madeleine McCann Missing from the Algarve region of Portugal since May 3, 2007. Madeleine's parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, have said that they left the children unsupervised in a ground floor bedroom while they ate at a restaurant about 120 metres (130 yards) away.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 01-24-2008, 03:06 PM
ThoughtFox's Avatar
ThoughtFox ThoughtFox is offline
Expecting the Unexpected
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 7,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by colomom View Post
Thanks - I'm bookmarking that page for the future!
  #77  
Old 01-28-2008, 08:28 AM
Dr. Creepin Dr. Creepin is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 76
Despite being advised by police that revealing Madeleine's eye defect could be her death sentence, Gerry chose to go ahead with what he described as a "good marketing ploy." So, you can see where his priorities lie, in money-making and not Maddy's safety. Of course, he knew she was dead already, so it really wasn't an issue. They are now squandering 50,000 a month on a fruitless search by a gang of fraudsters, who are harrassing innocent individuals. How many more people are they going hurt and how many lives are to be destroyed to maintain this diversion from the fact that they alone are the suspects?
  #78  
Old 05-15-2008, 06:09 PM
colomom colomom is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,141
  #79  
Old 05-22-2008, 12:28 AM
BethInAK's Avatar
BethInAK BethInAK is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 1,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texana View Post
Yes, when they went to see the Pope they left the twins entirely behind.

You have to wonder at the trust they still had in the resort employees and the creche, given that their older daughter was abducted from that location. Would you trust anyone but perhaps yourselves and family members to be with the children?
if my child went missing I'd never let any of my other children out of my sight again. I'd be panicking and terrified to let them out of my sight.

I think Kate and Gerry knew the twins were in absolutely no danger. Thus leaving them was not a problem.
  #80  
Old 05-27-2008, 03:23 PM
colomom colomom is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,141
Thanks to Steveo (http://www.the3arguidos.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13673)

From: Truth For Madeleine - Admin [mailto:Admin@truthformadeleine.com]
Sent: 26 May 2008 14:27
To: info
Subject: Child neglectors endorsing Missing People

We notice that your very commendable charity is aligning itself with Kate and Gerry McCann.

To remind you of the situation;

1. They claimed that the window to their apartment was jemmied – this was subsequently found to be 100% untrue by resort manager John Hill.
2. They claimed the room was only 50 yards from where they dined – this has been independently verified as a distance of between 110 and 120 yards depending on where they sat in the Tapas Bar.
3. They dined at Chaplin’s Bar (500 metres from the apartment) and they left those three toddlers alone in the room.
4. They never looked for their “missing” daughter on the night and early morning of May 3 & 4 – the “looking” was done by other tourists, the police and the locals. Kate and Gerry stayed in all night and only came out at 6:30am.
5. They already had posters printed and prepared on the morning of May 4 – clearly ridiculous given that their daughter could easily have been found within that time period.
6. The British Foreign Office released a news story to the Daily Telegraph that was published at 1 minute past midnight on May 4. This “abduction” story was released too early to be viable or credible. Lieutenant Costa Cabral of the GNR (ordinary police), only received a call at 23:50 hrs.
7. The two British cadaver dogs smelled the scent of death on various items belonging to the McCanns. To counter this, Kate McCann claimed that she had been in contact with six dead bodies in the weeks before she went on holiday. This is strange – how does that account for the scent of death on the car key and boot lining in their hire car?
8. The dogs found a square of parquet floor tile under the sofa where the blood had drained around the edges of the tile. The tiles had evidence of cleaning material being used. The blood allegedly matches Madeleine DNA.
9. They recruited the best defence lawyers money can buy. Considering they haven’t been charged with any offence, why would anyone do that?
10. There is no evidence of a missing child here at all. The police have always maintained that Madeleine died in the apartment and the parents concealed the body and disposed of it.

It is very disappointing that your charity links itself with these people.

Sure, they are innocent until proven guilty.

These self-admitted child neglectors facilitated the easy abduction of any of three toddlers by leaving them in an unlocked room while they partied in a location too far away to be practicable as a monitoring situation.

These neglecting parents refuse to go back to Portugal to look for their daughter or help the police with the investigation. Despite this, they align themselves with organisations like yours and they make television appearances where they claim they will never stop looking for Madeleine.

The truth is – they have NEVER looked for Madeleine.

Does Missing People condone their actions in leaving toddlers alone every night?

Can someone in your organisation please make an intelligent reply to this email and in that context, please tell us why you are allowing the McCanns to endorse your charity?

Thank you,

TRUTH For Madeleine
  #81  
Old 05-27-2008, 03:48 PM
colomom colomom is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,141
http://sosmaddie.dhblogs.be/archive/...itution-d.html

SOS google translation

Copied from: http://helpmadeleine.proboards79.com...ad=905&page=15 Post 214

Maddie: Four friends of McCann refused reconstitute the night of crime

Four friends who had accompanied Gerry and Kate McCann during their holidays in Portugal have refused to return to Praia da Luz to participate in the reconstruction of events related to the disappearance of Madeleine, a diligence scheduled for next Thursday and Friday and that the Police Judicial (PJ) considered "extremely important" to consolidate the investigation.

Information, confirmed today by a note by the Office of the Attorney General for the Republic (PGR), argues that, because of their presence, diligence is pure and simply cancelled.

The announcement of non-cooperation of the four British, and the consequent cancellation of the recovery has not surprised the investigators because they had already received, there are more than a week, informing their colleagues in the United Kingdom of at least two of "Tapas September, the couple Jane Tanner and Russell O'Brien, did not return.

Friday past, a senior British police Enderby, had revealed that "Kate and Gerry McCann have established an agreement with their seven friends to prevent the realization of the recovery request by the Portuguese authorities," stressing "they know that this recovery will not take place if the group is not at full strength. "

According to the same officer, the couple McCann did not want to "refuse directly and publicly discuss their participation, on pain of seeing public opinion in the United Kingdom turn against them."

"If their presence is required, they will, they must go," said Clarence Mitchell about Kate and Gerry McCann stressing that the couple had always status arguidos, that was not true friends.

The seven friends - Jane Tanner and Russell O'Brien, Matthew and Rachael Oldfield, David and Fiona Payne, and the mother thereof, Diane Webster - were questioned as witnesses in Portugal and the United Kingdom claiming to help the investigating the disappearance of Madeleine, a position that the PJ had already questioned in the past and that the refusal announced today seems to confirm.

***************************

My money is on the O'Brien/Tanner couple and the Paynes.
  #82  
Old 05-27-2008, 05:23 PM
Barnaby's Avatar
Barnaby Barnaby is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by colomom View Post
http://sosmaddie.dhblogs.be/archive/...itution-d.html

SOS google translation

Copied from: http://helpmadeleine.proboards79.com...ad=905&page=15 Post 214

Maddie: Four friends of McCann refused reconstitute the night of crime

Four friends who had accompanied Gerry and Kate McCann during their holidays in Portugal have refused to return to Praia da Luz to participate in the reconstruction of events related to the disappearance of Madeleine, a diligence scheduled for next Thursday and Friday and that the Police Judicial (PJ) considered "extremely important" to consolidate the investigation.

Information, confirmed today by a note by the Office of the Attorney General for the Republic (PGR), argues that, because of their presence, diligence is pure and simply cancelled.

The announcement of non-cooperation of the four British, and the consequent cancellation of the recovery has not surprised the investigators because they had already received, there are more than a week, informing their colleagues in the United Kingdom of at least two of "Tapas September, the couple Jane Tanner and Russell O'Brien, did not return.

Friday past, a senior British police Enderby, had revealed that "Kate and Gerry McCann have established an agreement with their seven friends to prevent the realization of the recovery request by the Portuguese authorities," stressing "they know that this recovery will not take place if the group is not at full strength. "

According to the same officer, the couple McCann did not want to "refuse directly and publicly discuss their participation, on pain of seeing public opinion in the United Kingdom turn against them."

"If their presence is required, they will, they must go," said Clarence Mitchell about Kate and Gerry McCann stressing that the couple had always status arguidos, that was not true friends.

The seven friends - Jane Tanner and Russell O'Brien, Matthew and Rachael Oldfield, David and Fiona Payne, and the mother thereof, Diane Webster - were questioned as witnesses in Portugal and the United Kingdom claiming to help the investigating the disappearance of Madeleine, a position that the PJ had already questioned in the past and that the refusal announced today seems to confirm.

***************************

My money is on the O'Brien/Tanner couple and the Paynes.
Why Payne & not Oldfield, Colomom?
Maybe Payne, Oldfield & not the wives?
  #83  
Old 05-27-2008, 05:55 PM
colomom colomom is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,141
It was David Payne who made the statement about the "Pact", remember? Could be viewed as obstruction of justice, IMO.

I still believe (firmly) that Matthew Oldfield is the member of the T7 that told the PJ everything they needed to know.

I think they are all afraid that if they set foot back on Portuguese soil they will be charged with child neglect for leaving their children alone every night.

It's just a gut feeling....
  #84  
Old 05-27-2008, 06:25 PM
Texana's Avatar
Texana Texana is offline
Overreaching
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 6,360
I think they are afraid as well. They know their stories do not add up, also.

Which is why we may never know the truth of what happened that night...even those who think they know what happened may not know the truth, and the ones who do know, are not talking either.
  #85  
Old 05-27-2008, 06:28 PM
Barnaby's Avatar
Barnaby Barnaby is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by colomom View Post
It was David Payne who made the statement about the "Pact", remember? Could be viewed as obstruction of justice, IMO.

I still believe (firmly) that Matthew Oldfield is the member of the T7 that told the PJ everything they needed to know.

I think they are all afraid that if they set foot back on Portuguese soil they will be charged with child neglect for leaving their children alone every night.

It's just a gut feeling....
But didn't inspector leave UK before interviews with Paynes & mum in law? (Bishop Brennan said that also)
So couldnt be that important to investigation.

Are you really sure that some member has told all Colomom? I would love to believe that but surely if they had a prize witness like this they could press charges?

I agree they are all afraid they will be arrested but also think their refusal was to ensure that G&K didn't have to go!
  #86  
Old 05-27-2008, 06:54 PM
iNTERESTEDWOMAN's Avatar
iNTERESTEDWOMAN iNTERESTEDWOMAN is offline
I'll trade you a bushel of corn for a barrel of oil.
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: A Nebraska Farm
Posts: 1,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
But didn't inspector leave UK before interviews with Paynes & mum in law? (Bishop Brennan said that also)
So couldnt be that important to investigation.

Are you really sure that some member has told all Colomom? I would love to believe that but surely if they had a prize witness like this they could press charges?

I agree they are all afraid they will be arrested but also think their refusal was to ensure that G&K didn't have to go!
I have the same feelings Barnaby, If MO told everything, then where is Maddie? (Unless they destroyed her body, or dumped her deep in the ocean and she can't be found...)
  #87  
Old 05-27-2008, 08:06 PM
colomom colomom is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,141
No, not EVERYTHING guys, just what they needed to know to substantiate that the McCanns were being less than honest about what happened that evening. Possibly a confirmation of a rental car that was borrowed.

I do not believe anyone besides the McCanns themselves know exactly what happened but I do believe that the rest of the T7 were threatened that if they did not "go along" then secrets would be told that would mean they could all be looking at jailtime, loss of children, loss of jobs, etc.
  #88  
Old 05-29-2008, 12:11 PM
Salem's Avatar
Salem Salem is online now
WS Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 27,304
I would believe them --- but they refuse to cooperate with the very people responsibe for finding Maddie.

Salem
  #89  
Old 05-29-2008, 01:04 PM
iNTERESTEDWOMAN's Avatar
iNTERESTEDWOMAN iNTERESTEDWOMAN is offline
I'll trade you a bushel of corn for a barrel of oil.
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: A Nebraska Farm
Posts: 1,337
I never believed them--- Good thing, or I, personally would feel like a real dummy right now.

Can you imagine how those people who donated all that money might feel right now? I'd be sick if I would have dropped a couple thousand to help pay off the McCanns mortgage. They should be happy to go to prison, where they will be protected from the angry mop that will want to lynch them when it all is exposed.
  #90  
Old 05-29-2008, 02:24 PM
Lurker Lurker is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In the holla
Posts: 2,136
Parents being investigated for neglect! It's about time!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,359702,00.html
  #91  
Old 05-29-2008, 04:40 PM
Texana's Avatar
Texana Texana is offline
Overreaching
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 6,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by colomom View Post
No, not EVERYTHING guys, just what they needed to know to substantiate that the McCanns were being less than honest about what happened that evening. Possibly a confirmation of a rental car that was borrowed.

I do not believe anyone besides the McCanns themselves know exactly what happened but I do believe that the rest of the T7 were threatened that if they did not "go along" then secrets would be told that would mean they could all be looking at jailtime, loss of children, loss of jobs, etc.
And remember, those threats could be very subtly worded. "We need to be careful what we say...they could twist our words and we could all wind up losing our children and our jobs...we could lose everything we have left...you know how eager the police will be to blame someone and pin it on us, the foreigners..." Etc, etc.

Even an innocent (other than the stupidity and neglect) member of the Tapas party could fall to pressure from fear if the right words were invoked from their supposed friends.
  #92  
Old 05-29-2008, 07:30 PM
RoughlyCollie RoughlyCollie is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,074
I think the McCanns know exactly what happened. The mere threat of going to jail, especially in a foreign country which has a different legal system, would scare me to death. To top it off, the parents would be separated from their kids while they were in jail, and would run the risk of losing their licenses to practice medicine when they got out. I bet it scared the Tapas 7 into keeping their mouths shut, big time. Any of them who left their children unattended during their nights out could also be tried on negligence charges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colomom View Post
I do not believe anyone besides the McCanns themselves know exactly what happened but I do believe that the rest of the T7 were threatened that if they did not "go along" then secrets would be told that would mean they could all be looking at jailtime, loss of children, loss of jobs, etc.
__________________
My posts contain my opinions only.
  #93  
Old 05-29-2008, 07:31 PM
RoughlyCollie RoughlyCollie is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,074
Yippee! I'm glad about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
Parents being investigated for neglect! It's about time!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,359702,00.html
__________________
My posts contain my opinions only.
  #94  
Old 06-28-2008, 09:51 AM
kazzbar kazzbar is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 4,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughlyCollie View Post
I think the McCanns know exactly what happened. The mere threat of going to jail, especially in a foreign country which has a different legal system, would scare me to death. To top it off, the parents would be separated from their kids while they were in jail, and would run the risk of losing their licenses to practice medicine when they got out. I bet it scared the Tapas 7 into keeping their mouths shut, big time. Any of them who left their children unattended during their nights out could also be tried on negligence charges.
That is true...one lie to cover the truth, followed by another and then another.Not to mention all the wine adding to the confusion...No-one at that table is plausible because all have the above reasons to lie.
  #95  
Old 07-02-2008, 08:37 PM
absolut_alexis absolut_alexis is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 367
I would have believed them except they never found her, and they even found the girl who looked like her in Morocco or whereever. Nobody acts the way they do.

When your child is missing, you don't go to the places where you know she isn't, and they went all over the world
  #96  
Old 07-03-2008, 06:04 AM
daffodil daffodil is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Blackpool,UK
Posts: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by absolut_alexis View Post
I would have believed them except they never found her, and they even found the girl who looked like her in Morocco or whereever. Nobody acts the way they do.

When your child is missing, you don't go to the places where you know she isn't, and they went all over the world

How do they know WHERE she isnt?
  #97  
Old 07-03-2008, 09:05 AM
Shazza Shazza is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffodil View Post
How do they know WHERE she isnt?
Because imo they know where Madelaine is.
  #98  
Old 07-03-2008, 06:15 PM
absolut_alexis absolut_alexis is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 367
Well, they knew she wasn't with the Pope. That is what I meant when I wrote that, they were going to all sorts of places where she wasn't instead of looking for where she was.
  #99  
Old 07-03-2008, 07:00 PM
Texana's Avatar
Texana Texana is offline
Overreaching
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 6,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by absolut_alexis View Post
Well, they knew she wasn't with the Pope. That is what I meant when I wrote that, they were going to all sorts of places where she wasn't instead of looking for where she was.
Exactly. They knew she wasn't with at the Vatican, but that's where they went.
  #100  
Old 07-03-2008, 09:02 PM
april4sky's Avatar
april4sky april4sky is offline
It is not who is right, but what is right, that is of importance
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,227
I might disbelieve them if there was any "evidence" not rumour, that they had done anything other than what they told the PJ.
__________________

.....Madeleine McCann.....
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
maddie mccann, mccann credibility

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:18 AM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!