Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing but not forgotten Discussion > Stacy Peterson

Notices

Stacy Peterson Missing from her Bolingbrook, IL home since Oct. 28, 2007. Her husband, Drew, has been convicted of killing his 3rd wife, Kathleen Savio.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:33 PM
WS Admin

Media disrupts neighborhood

BOLINGBROOK -- The hum of the satellite uplink trucks on Pheasant Chase Court is near constant. Each morning, reporters lift their paper coffee cups to one another in wordless greeting. And the goings-on at the house marked "6" are scrutinized by a dozen lenses day after day after day.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/h...SON_S2.article
Old 12-05-2007, 02:34 PM
WS Admin

Divers, Boats Comb Canal For Peterson's Body

LOCKPORT, Ill. -- Dive teams are searching waters at the intersection of two canals as part of the investigation into the disappearance of an ex-police officer's 23-year-old wife.

Stacy Peterson was last seen October 28. Authorities have named her 53-year-old husband, Drew Peterson, a suspect and said the case is a potential homicide.

Three boats with divers aboard worked amid blowing snow and wind. A tow truck and police vehicles were alongside the canal, and divers appeared to try to hook a tow line from the truck to something in the water.

http://www.nbc5.com/news/14777153/de...l?dl=mainclick
Old 12-05-2007, 08:33 PM
WS Admin

Stacy Peterson's Family Releases Audio Recording

Phone Message Posted On Web Site On Same Day Dive Teams Search 2 Canals For Her

BOLINGBROOK, Ill. (CBS) ― For the first time the public gets to hear the sound of missing Bolingbrook mother Stacy Peterson's voice. Her family released on Wednesday a voice mail message they say she left for her father just days before she disappeared.

Stacy Peterson's family spokesperson, Pamela Bosco, said the message had her in tears all Wednesday afternoon.

Posted on the Web site FindStacyPeterson.com, Stacy Peterson left the message for her father, giving him her new phone number, just 11 days before she disappeared

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/stacy.p....2.603126.html
Old 12-05-2007, 08:35 PM
WS Admin

Divers search canal in Stacy Peterson case

Dive teams from the Illinois State Police and other agencies began searching the Chicago Sanitary and Ship Canal in Romeoville and Lockport this morning for evidence that could be linked to the Stacy Peterson investigation.

State police were assisted by the Coast Guard, the FBI, the Defense Department, the Army Corps of Engineers, the National Insurance Crime Bureau, local police and fire departments and other agencies, according to a statement by state police. Towing companies also assisted with the recovery efforts, state police said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...i_tab01_layout
Old 12-05-2007, 08:36 PM
WS Admin

Divers To Resume Peterson Search Thursday

LOCKPORT, Ill. -- Dive teams were searching waters at the intersection of two canals Wednesday as part of the investigation into the disappearance of an ex-police officer's 23-year-old wife.

They'll pick up where they left off on Thursday, officials said.

http://www.nbc5.com/news/14777153/de...l?dl=mainclick
Old 12-06-2007, 12:08 AM

Peterson probe narrows
Warrants focus on physical evidence, GPS

By Matthew Walberg | Tribune staff reporter
10:35 PM CST, December 5, 2007

"Authorities probing the disappearance of Stacy Peterson appear to be focusing not only on trace physical evidence, but also on a GPS system in her husband's sport-utility vehicle, according to search warrants obtained Wednesday by the Tribune.

A search warrant served Tuesday night on Drew Peterson called for, among other things, the seizure of items containing plastic shavings, blood, bodily fluids, fingernail scrapings, chemicals that may alter the decomposition of a body and "biological material that may be evidence of the offense of first-degree murder.""

"Other items listed in the newest warrant were:

•Objects that contain or have traces of "blue plastic, lead weights, plastic shavings, plastic scuff marks, circular impressions or carpet indentations, and any other indication of the carrying, placing, movement or collision of a plastic or barrel-like object or large storage container."

•Materials on the vehicles including "dirt, gravel, soil, dust and any other accretive material which might be tested and compared to materials from a particular location to determine a vehicle's presence at the location."

•Objects that "have any of the following on them: blood, hairs, fingernails, bodily fluids, body tissue, DNA, fingerprints, fingernail scrapings, palm prints, saliva, urine, feces, or other biological material which may be evidence of the offense of first-degree murder."

•Instruments that may have been used as a weapon or restraint, including guns, ammunition, knives, rope and rugs.

•Objects with "chemical traces relating to pool chemicals or any chemical which might be utilized to retard, mask or accelerate the deterioration or decomposition of a human body.""

a good long article
Old 12-06-2007, 12:30 AM

Peterson's son's personnel files subpoenaed

"Illinois state investigators have subpoenaed the personnel files of three men with connections to the village of Oakbrook Police Department. Among them: Steve Peterson, one of Drew Peterson's sons."

"When Steve Peterson's current stepmother, Stacy, 23, vanished almost six weeks ago, he was on vacation, according to police sources - a vacation that he extended several times in November."

"The I-Team has also been told by investigators that state police seized the Oakbrook department personnel files of two of Peterson's closest friends on the force. One recently resigned while under investigation for professional misconduct. The other was recently terminated for lying and unauthorized access of criminal files."

[NOTE] According to Randy Mucha at findstacy.com the other two files were his and a guy named Bill Tobias
Old 12-06-2007, 12:39 AM

Column by Eric Zorn in The Chicago Tribune

Cell’s tracking ability ought to trigger a ‘ping’

"Cell phones have played a bit part in the ever-unfolding story of the disappearance of Bolingbrook resident Stacy Peterson."

"In online discussions, readers had questions about this aspect of the case. I couldn’t answer them, so I went to wireless-industry officials, electronic-privacy advocates and representatives of law enforcement (who, understandably, would not discuss any details related to the Peterson case). Here’s what I found:"
Old 12-06-2007, 01:28 PM
WS Admin

Search warrants focus on GPS system in Peterson SUV

Warrants obtained by the Chicago Tribune indicate that authorities looking into the disappearance of an ex-police officer's wife are focusing on physical evidence and a GPS system in her husband's SUV.

The warrant served on Drew Peterson this week sought items containing plastic shavings, blood, bodily fluids, fingernail scrapings and chemicals that may alter the decomposition of a body. It also listed any "biological material that may be evidence of the offense of first-degree murder."

The Tribune today reports that a copy of another warrant indicates authorities were looking for all GPS and other records relating to Peterson's SUV.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...cal&id=5817655
Old 12-06-2007, 01:30 PM
WS Admin

Divers To Comb Canals For Peterson Evidence

BOLINGBROOK, Ill. (CBS) ― Investigators with underwater cameras will search an area of the Chicago Sanitary and Ship Canal Thursday for the blue barrel that is believed to be a key item in the search for Stacy Peterson.

Stacy Peterson has been missing since Oct. 28. Illinois State Police believe she is likely dead of a homicide, and they have named her husband, former Bolingbrook police Sgt. Drew Peterson, a suspect in her disappearance. Drew Peterson has not been charged with any crime.

On Wednesday Drew Peterson would not comment on the latest search for Stacy. He did not say anything to CBS 2 when he came out of his home in the evening. But Stacy Peterson's friends did comment.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/stacy.p....2.603783.html
Old 12-06-2007, 01:34 PM
WS Admin

Divers Clear Canal

CAMERAS CAN TAKE ON THE SEARCH FOR STACY PETERSON IN LOCKPORT WATERWAY

LOCKPORT -- Fire department divers worked to clear cars from the freezing waters of the Chicago Sanitary and Ship Canal on Wednesday in hopes of enabling a future search for missing mom Stacy Peterson.

A diver involved in the seven-hour effort said the cars were moved to enable underwater cameras to peer through the murk for the blue barrel Peterson reportedly may have been placed in. The special cameras are to be shipped in from Minnesota.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/h...SON_S1.article
Old 12-06-2007, 01:37 PM
WS Admin

Report: Peterson Warrants Seek GPS Info, 'Biological Material'

Warrants obtained by the Chicago Tribune indicate that authorities looking into the disappearance of an ex-police officer's wife are focusing on physical evidence and a GPS system in her husband's SUV.

The warrant served on Drew Peterson this week sought items containing plastic shavings, blood, bodily fluids, fingernail scrapings and chemicals that may alter the decomposition of a body.

The most recent warrant also sought objects containing or having traces of blue plastic, lead weights, scuff marks, circular impressions or carpet indentations and any other indication of a plastic or barrel-like object.

http://www.nbc5.com/family/14788852/...=headlineclick
Old 12-06-2007, 01:41 PM
WS Admin

Divers clear canal to aid Stacy search

Cars removed so cameras can hunt for barrel

Fire department divers worked to clear cars from the freezing waters of the Chicago Sanitary and Ship Canal Wednesday in hopes of enabling a future search for missing mom Stacy Peterson.

A diver involved in the seven-hour effort said the cars were moved to enable special underwater cameras to peer through the murk for the blue barrel in which the 23-year-old woman may have been placed.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/peterso...ling06.article
Old 12-06-2007, 05:08 PM
WS Moderator

Drew Peterson Tells Newsradio: My Retirement Sucks

http://www.wbbm780.com/Drew-Peterson...-Sucks/1295074

Drew Peterson Tells Newsradio: My Retirement Sucks

CHICAGO (WBBM) -- Drew Peterson will have to make do with a little less per month than he may have been originally counting on from his police pension.

But Peterson tells Newsradio 780 this morning, "It is what it is."

Drew Peterson tells Newsradio 780 - "My retirement sucks."

.....................more at link................
Old 12-06-2007, 10:24 PM
WS Admin

Peterson warrants indicate search for evidence of body disposal

BOLINGBROOK, IL -- ABC7 News has obtained copies of several search warrants that police have issued in the Stacy Peterson case shedding some light on the direction of the police investigation and what they may be looking for.

The search warrant that was served this week may indicate that investigators are now focusing on how Stacy Peterson's body may have been disposed of rather than how she may have died.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...cal&id=5819208
Old 12-06-2007, 10:29 PM
WS Admin

Warrants focus on Peterson's GPS, physical evidence

Search warrants executed by authorities investigating the disappearance of Stacy Peterson focus on both physical evidence and a global positioning system in her husband Drew Peterson’s sports utility vehicle.

A warrant served on Drew Peterson late Tuesday called for the seizure of items containing plastic shavings, blood, bodily fluids, fingernail scrapings, palm or fingerprints, chemicals that may alter body decomposition and other ‘‘biological material that may be evidence of the offense of first-degree murder.’’

Link to the warrants also at link

http://www.suntimes.com/news/peterso...120607.article
Old 12-07-2007, 02:03 AM

Drew Peterson says he's been shunned, betrayed
Ex-cop has been shunned, he says

By Erika Slife and Matthew Walberg | Tribune staff reporters
12:16 AM CST, December 7, 2007

"Apparently, it's not easy being Drew.

Drew Peterson said Thursday he would rather be remembered for something positive than something that would result in his picture being plastered on a piñata."

"On Thursday, his former friend, Ric Mims, acknowledged selling his story to the National Enquirer.

Earlier in the day, Mims appeared before a special grand jury investigating the Stacy Peterson case.

Peterson chalked up Mims' deal with the Enquirer as just another moment of "et tu Brute?""
Old 12-07-2007, 02:52 PM
WS Admin

Drew Peterson Complains After Face Appears on Piñata at Prayer Vigil for Missing Wife

CHICAGO — Former police officer Drew Peterson says he isn't getting a fair shake in the media or from people who were his friends before his 23-year-old wife disappeared.

Peterson's face recently appeared on a piñata at a prayer vigil held for Stacy Peterson, who was reported missing Oct. 29 after she failed to show up at a friend's house.

"It's like they had this vigil for Stacy, and the next thing you know there's a piñata with my face on it," Peterson told the Chicago Tribune. "All these policemen who were my friends, and I would have jumped in front of a bullet for, don't even talk to me."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,315884,00.html
Old 12-07-2007, 02:56 PM
WS Admin

Trucker may have made up Peterson story

BOLINGBROOK -- A trucker claiming he was approached by Drew Peterson and another man about carrying off a mysterious package seems to have fabricated the lurid tale, a police source said Thursday.

Investigators checked the truck driver's telephone records and determined he was actually in Louisiana, and not at a Bolingbrook truck stop in the early morning hours of Oct. 29, the day after Peterson's wife, Stacy Peterson, was last seen alive.

"I guess he just wanted his 15 minutes of fame," the police source said. "He wasn't even in the state."

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/h...SON_S1.article
Old 12-07-2007, 04:42 PM

Peterson Attorney Attracted by Challenge

AP article By CARLA K. JOHNSON

CHICAGO (AP) — "When a former police officer suspected in his wife's disappearance pleaded for legal help on the "Today" show, lawyer Joel Brodsky's first thought was: "What an idiot."

He thought Drew Peterson was foolish to discuss the disappearance on national television. But Brodsky also told his wife: "That would be an interesting case. I could do that case."

Brodsky, who soon began representing Peterson, initially welcomed the publicity, but he now says he got more than he bargained for. In recent weeks, reporters have looked into his own background. He receives hate mail from strangers, and he's besieged with constant interview requests.

Brodsky, who had never handled such a high-profile case, feels these days as if he's trying to derail a freight train on his client's behalf.

"I'm trying to beat back the tide as best I can," he said in an interview at his Michigan Avenue office. "I'm making myself as available as possible, apparently to the detriment of my health because I'm working 20 hours a day.""
Old 12-07-2007, 06:05 PM
WS Admin

Source: Search was waste of time

LOCKPORT -- A police source slammed the state police orchestrated search for Stacy Peterson in the Chicago Ship and Sanitary Canal Wednesday.

"Yesterday was a complete waste of time," the source said Thursday.

The source said the seven-hour effort ended with zero cars moved away or hauled out of the water.

"They thought they would be able to hook onto these cars and pull them out," the source said.

But the cars came apart under their own weight and fell back into the water.

"The only thing they moved out of that canal was part of a T-top and the skin off one of the doors," the source said.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/h...SON_S2.article
Old 12-07-2007, 07:35 PM

http://tinyurl.com/2h4xvv

Quote:
Peterson Attorney Attracted by Challenge

Asked what makes him proud professionally, Brodsky said: "When I'm able to protect people who are innocent and charged with a crime."
He paused to reconsider his answer.
"Innocence is a strange word," he continued. "People who the government can't prove did the crime, or did something bad or committed an offense, and they take them to trial anyway and I win. That's my proudest accomplishment."
Old 12-07-2007, 07:45 PM
Banned

Drew Peterson's Friends Scatter (also good info. on cost of diving teams)

http://cbs2chicago.com/video
Old 12-08-2007, 12:00 AM
Banned

Drew Peterson Says Friend Betrayed Him, Sold Story to Tabloid (video)
http://www.myfoxchicago.com/myfox/
Old 12-08-2007, 01:48 AM
WS Admin

Drew Peterson Called 'Pig,' Featured On Dr. Phil

BOLINGBROOK, Ill. (CBS) ― The word "pig" was scrawled Friday night in the snow in Drew Peterson's front yard. A young woman who called herself "Jen" did it.

"Because that's what he is," she said. "A complete pig."

She said she came to the house specifically to write that in the snow because "this is disgusting. This is breaking my heart about Stacy."

Moments after she and a friend sped away, Peterson left his house and talked about the incident.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/drew.pe....2.605963.html