Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Crimes in the News

Notices

Crimes in the News Read and comment about current crimes committed. Remember the copyright laws when posting news stories!

Old 01-29-2008, 09:45 PM
KICKING AND SHINING

Mom Leaves Country To Get Married Leaves Six Kids Home Alone

Yeah, ummm so this woman went to Nigeria to get married and left her six children home alone. Plus she left two neighbors toddlers too. The fifteen year old daughter was left to care for all these kids. She got snagged. The daughter had crashed a van into the garage and told a school counselor about it. Met a man on the internet and went to Nigeria. She lives in TEXAS!http://www.click2houston.com/news/15161863/detail.html
Old 01-29-2008, 09:51 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filly View Post
Yeah, ummm so this woman went to Nigeria to get married and left her six children home alone. Plus she left two neighbors toddlers too. The fifteen year old daughter was left to care for all these kids. She got snagged. The daughter had crashed a van into the garage and told a school counselor about it. Met a man on the internet and went to Nigeria. She lives in TEXAS!http://www.click2houston.com/news/15161863/detail.html
I don't know what your problem is Filly. I think it was perfectly fine to leave all those kids with a 15 year old. The mother has got a right to have a life!
Old 01-29-2008, 09:54 PM
KICKING AND SHINING

Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanws View Post
I don't know what your problem is Filly. I think it was perfectly fine to leave all those kids with a 15 year old. The mother has got a right to have a life!
Yeah you're right, Dean. I went off to Siberia once to marry a man I met on the internet and left my ten kids and three of the neighbors kids. Is that too much? Lady, actually thought nothing of it. Oh, yeah see where she said her sister was supposed to come up from New Orleans, but didn't? Yo, ya left on an airplane without checking? Oh and to meet a stranger in Nigeria? For the love of all things needin a man.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:01 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filly View Post
Yeah you're right, Dean. I went off to Siberia once to marry a man I met on the internet and left my ten kids and three of the neighbors kids. Is that too much? Lady, actually thought nothing of it. Oh, yeah see where she said her sister was supposed to come up from New Orleans, but didn't? Yo, ya left on an airplane without checking? Oh and to meet a stranger in Nigeria? For the love of all things needin a man.
Thing is....she didn't have to leave the country. I would have handed over my ex and EVEN BROUGHT THE LOSER TO HER! See? She got in trouble over nuthin!
Old 01-29-2008, 10:02 PM

Wasn't there a case just like this posted a month or so back?
Old 01-29-2008, 10:08 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoW333 View Post
Wasn't there a case just like this posted a month or so back?
It's the same case.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:18 AM

I wonder if she ever came back?
Old 01-30-2008, 07:48 AM

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/pa...Y&pageId=3.2.1
Mother Who Flew to Africa, Left 6 Kids Alone Speaks Behind Bars
Old 01-30-2008, 08:02 AM

So go ask the sister if its true! geesh that could sum this up pretty quick as to whether she was to watch them or not!
Old 01-30-2008, 08:40 AM

Did you guys see the house? I don't even have a house that nice or big..I thought when they were saying roach infested, trash littered,etc etc they were talking about some dump! What kind of job did this mother have? Oh and btw she says that the media are blowing this whole thing out of proportion!
Old 01-30-2008, 08:47 AM
Former Member

I've said it before, i'll say it again: people need to have licences before being allowed to procreate.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:36 AM
Expecting the Unexpected

It's hard for me to even joke about this - I just don't see anything funny about going off and leaving toddlers in the care of teenagers. A teenager is a child, too, and shouldn't have that responsibility. It's insane and I'm glad they locked up the mother.

That original video said these people were originally from New Orleans and I'm wondering if they were displaced after Katrina? All the kids are in Foster Care now, and I hope they are ok.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:36 AM

So did she get married, where's the groom?

VB
Old 01-30-2008, 10:11 AM
"Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

That's what I was wondering, Vegas Bride. Where is the groom?

I read that the father of two of the toddlers has them now. The rest are still in foster care and I wonder where their fathers are.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:23 AM

Mom speaks for first time from behind bars. Vido link:

She claims she left money in her closet and gave one of her children 3 ATM cards.

Still claims sister was supposed to come up from New Orleans to care for them.

She says her sister should have told her if she was not coming.

Says this has been planned for over a year. She did get married but the honeymoon did not last long.

First court appearance tomorrow morning and she will fight for custody.
The Following User Says Thank You to SewingDeb For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2008, 10:28 AM

Article about the custody hearing held on the 16th:

People claiming to be relatives of the children appeared at the hearing Wednesday. The alleged family members said they were not aware that Mosley had left the kids alone.

James Rayford, who lives in Louisiana, says he is the father of the one-year-old and wants custody of that child.

Olguin says that paternity has to be determined for Rayford and that CPS has requested its counterpart in New Orleans to do a home study of the potential father.

The children ranging in age from 1 to 9 years old were left home alone on Dec. 31 in the care of their 15-year-old sister. The 15-year-old was also caring for a neighbor's 3-year-old boy and 4-year-old girl.

The Following User Says Thank You to SewingDeb For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2008, 11:57 AM
The more often we think and act honestly, the stronger the habit becomes.

Unbelievable what some women will do to get a man!
Old 01-30-2008, 12:44 PM
Verified Insider-Mark Dribin case

Angry

The mother had no business leaving until her sister showed up!

You don't just leave a 15-year-old with some money and say raise 6 kids!!!
15-year-olds are not mature, they are not even adults, they're still kids themselves. Glad this woman's behind bars. The honeymoon didn't last, did the marriage? Was it worth it???
Old 01-30-2008, 12:54 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoughtFox View Post
That original video said these people were originally from New Orleans and I'm wondering if they were displaced after Katrina? (
Yes, I believe that's the case. Many are still reaping FEMA benefits for their housing.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:43 PM

That was a FEMA house? Did you see that house?! Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Yes, I believe that's the case. Many are still reaping FEMA benefits for their housing.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:48 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mygirlsadie View Post
The house on the outside looks to be in a nice neighborhood. I'd hate to be her neighbor; and I would hate to own that house! Looks like someone smashed into the garage door a few times. I shudder to think what the inside the house looks like now.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:52 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floh View Post
I've said it before, i'll say it again: people need to have licences before being allowed to procreate.

Floh...have I ever mentioned... I Love ya
Old 01-30-2008, 04:54 PM

Yeah that would be the garage door that the young daughter crashed the mini van into.. They are saying the inside of the house was completely trashed, roaches and all.. Man, I could do WONDERS with a house like that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanandjim View Post
The house on the outside looked to be in a nice neighborhood. I'd hate to be her neighbor; and I would hate to own that house! Looks like someone smashed into the garage door a few times. I shudder to think what the inside the house looks like now.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:59 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mygirlsadie View Post
Most likely. We live in a very nice neighborhood and the one of the builders built too many homes and then couldn't sell them. FEMA is renting them from the builder and the homes are housing Katrina victims. It really ticks me off because some of these people are living at a much higher level than they are used to and they continue to have their hand out for more. Many in our neighborhood don't work, kids are awful (not supervised) and run the neighborhood, cars are broke down - just looks trashy, IMO. I keep waiting for FEMA to put a stop to it, but supposedly it's going to be another year. So, in sum, these people are living in brand new 3500 sq ft houses FOR FREE... and still milking the Government for more... makes me sick when we bust our butt to live there.

Sorry for the rant. I'm all for helping them - but they should be forced to help themselves too. And they aren't.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:06 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floh View Post