Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > JonBenet Ramsey

Notices

JonBenet Ramsey What really happened to 6 year old JonBenet? Someone is getting away with murder. All information posted on this site is gained through published documentation on this case. It is strictly opinion only.

Old 03-20-2008, 11:03 PM
Banned

...I 'advize' you to be rested?

PR misspells advise for investigators, in both left and right hand RN text samples. The RN author spells it correctly.

Two RDI have already stated she did it deliberately. If so, then what kind of conspiratorial advantage does misspelling one word give her, when in all these years nobody even noticed?

RDI is now stuck having to explain the change in PR's spelling ability, between the time she wrote the RN and the time she sat with investigators. IDI has a simple explanation: the RN author and PR are different people with different spelling abilities.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:12 PM

OMG- you seriously don't believe a murder suspect can deliberately MIS-spell a word? That is truly naive. Unless you are putting us all on.

ANYONE can deliberately misspell a werd.

See? It's EAZY.

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:23 PM
Banned

Two different authors would be expected to have two different spelling abilities. Nobody's a perfect speller (almost nobody). These different abilities would manifest themselves by one party misspelling some words (bussiness) while the other party misspells other words (advize). Sure enough, that is what is happening here.

Now if there was a conspiratorial advantage to be had, I think that PR would've dumbed down the RN, to appear as an uneducated person killed her daughter. Certainly she wouldn't dumb herself down for investigators, deliberately misspelling a word the RN author could spell!

Besides, RDI is surely reaching here, to swiftly come up with this 'deliberate misspelling conspiracy' PR supposedly had of one word nobody even noticed for years.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:53 PM

Believe me, the RN WAS dumb. No need to "dumb it down" further. Y'know how dumb those "foreign factions" are.

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:59 PM
Banned

How dumb the RN is isn't relevant.

Fact is, PR didn't have the ability to write the ransom note, because according to hard case evidence, she couldn't spell 'advise'.

RDI can quickly conjure up 'misspelling conspiracies' to account for PR's spelling skills, or lack thereof, but at this point it just looks lame.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:19 AM

How could you, or anyone else really, know whether PR could or could not spell anything? Only SHE knew. And she's pushin' up daisies. Do you really think a few misspelled words (which may have been deliberately misspelled) are proof of authorship? Your rationalizations are becoming more and more IR-rational. Kinda sad, really. Maybe it's the Vernal Equinox...

Old 03-21-2008, 12:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDee249 View Post
How could you, or anyone else really, know whether PR could or could not spell anything? Only SHE knew. And she's pushin' up daisies. Do you really think a few misspelled words (which may have been deliberately misspelled) are proof of authorship? Your rationalizations are becoming more and more IR-rational. Kinda sad, really. Maybe it's the Vernal Equinox...
According to the evidence that LE themselves collected, right and left handed samples of RN text from PR, PR was unable to spell 'advise'.

The RN author was able to spell it no problem.

RDI now seem rapidly and hopelessly drawn to the conclusion that PR deliberately misspelled it, without any evidence to indicate that ever happened, and without stating what advantage that would give PR anyway. Now thats sad.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:37 AM

Well of course, she KNEW how she spelled it when she wrote the RN- how hard do you think it would be for her to spell it differently when asked to do so by LE?
PR was not a stupid woman. She knew what she was doing- she knew she was being looked at as the author of the RN. She did what she had to do.

Old 03-21-2008, 12:39 AM

Why does it always seem to be you and me here alone dueling it out here at 1 in the morning? Go to sleep. Maybe you'll have a revelation and move away from the Dark Side.

Old 03-21-2008, 02:36 AM
..at the beach!

Oh Lordy...Patsy was a college graduate and a Journalism major...surely she was 'advised' in many capacities.I took Journalism in High School...I'm quite sure she would have known how to properly spell it,when she wanted to.Keyword: wanted.You're grasping for straws.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:40 AM

I've misspelled words I know how to spell, especially when I'm under stress & draw a blank. Or maybe she asked John how to spell it while she was writing the ransom note...
Old 03-21-2008, 11:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhdHighness View Post
I've misspelled words I know how to spell, especially when I'm under stress & draw a blank. Or maybe she asked John how to spell it while she was writing the ransom note...
Do you really? I don't, not twice in a row!

Since PR spelled 'business' correctly, and misspelled 'advise', while the RN author did the exact opposite, RDI is scrambling for more excuses. Its a good thing that RDI has Carte Blanche, accounting for major, significant differences in handwriting appearance and spelling between PR and the RN author, with these silly little claims.

Another question for RDI: Why is PR's left--handed RN text sample so messy compared with the RN?
Old 03-21-2008, 12:44 PM

Could it be that she couldn't remember which word she misspelled in the RN and picked the wrong one when doing the sample with investigators?
Old 03-21-2008, 02:11 PM
Banned

PR (according to RDI): Watch, I'll fix these pesky investigators and misspell a word I usually spell correctly. AND I'll spell correctly a word I misspelled in the RN. That'll throw LE off for sure....

LE: What misspelled words?

RDI: Oh, PR's a journalism major and would never misspell business or advise. The only way to account for this (difference between the RN and PR's writings) is that she deliberately misspelled them.

IDI: PR demonstrated to investigators that she couldn't spell 'advise' while the RN author could. The Rn author couldn't spell 'business' while PR obviously can. The most likely way to account for this (difference between the RN and PR's writings) is PR and the RN author are two different people.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadRx View Post
Could it be that she couldn't remember which word she misspelled in the RN and picked the wrong one when doing the sample with investigators?
Yep, that would be MY guess. Bottom line is...she knew how to spell, (Journalism Major...College Graduate) and any mistakes that she made in the RN...OR the example that she wrote....was done ON PURPOSE.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ames View Post
Yep, that would be MY guess. Bottom line is...she knew how to spell, (Journalism Major...College Graduate) and any mistakes that she made in the RN...OR the example that she wrote....was done ON PURPOSE.
10 years staring at PR's left-handed writing samples, focusing on what is similar and ignoring what is dissimilar. Thats what RDI does naturally. Never mentioned 'advize'.

Never before having read PR's left-handed writing sample, the word 'advize' strikes me as misspelled.

Now RDI, not unlike the fire department, responds instantly with 'she misspelled one word for investigators on purpose'.

How many trump cards like this does RDI get to use, to obfuscate what is apparently more evidence in favor of IDI?
Old 03-21-2008, 08:42 PM
Former Member

Thanks guys for the laugh!!! Haven't had a "GOOD" laugh in a while.

And here I thought the word was "advice".
Old 03-21-2008, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdontoyourhat View Post
10 years staring at PR's left-handed writing samples, focusing on what is similar and ignoring what is dissimilar. Thats what RDI does naturally. Never mentioned 'advize'.

Never before having read PR's left-handed writing sample, the word 'advize' strikes me as misspelled.

Now RDI, not unlike the fire department, responds instantly with 'she misspelled one word for investigators on purpose'.

How many trump cards like this does RDI get to use, to obfuscate what is apparently more evidence in favor of IDI?

(left) Ransom Note lower case "Q" (right) Patsy Ramsey's exemplar lower case "Q" (q)

Nuff said!!
Old 03-21-2008, 08:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ames View Post
(left) Ransom Note lower case "Q" (right) Patsy Ramsey's exemplar lower case "Q" (q)

Nuff said!!
You realize thats just two little circles, one over the other, made with a felt tip pen. Hardly enough to display handwriting style and traits. Have you tried comparing the periods (little dots that end sentences) between PR's exemplars and the RN? I'll be those are identical.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littledeer View Post
Thanks guys for the laugh!!! Haven't had a "GOOD" laugh in a while.

And here I thought the word was "advice".
As in '...I advice you to be rested'?
Old 03-21-2008, 09:00 PM
Former Member

Hey:

What does a "z" or a "c" or a "s" in a word really change/mean??

And I do mean only in the words of "advise"; "advize", or "advice".
Old 03-21-2008, 09:19 PM

Quote:
You realize thats just two little circles, one over the other, made with a felt tip pen. Hardly enough to display handwriting style and traits. Have you tried comparing the periods (little dots that end sentences) between PR's exemplars and the RN? I'll be those are identical.
Yes, I realize that BOTH of them...Patsy's q and the RN author's q....are BOTH two little circles over the other. Come on Hold...get real...what are the chances that the RN author and Patsy..(the mother of the victim, who was in the house at the time of the murder)..would make their q's the EXACT same way...like a figure 8?? I want to add...that this is just ONE example of some exact matches. I can honestly say..that I do not measure where I place my periods at the end of a sentence, I guess that you think that Patsy must have been someone that did.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littledeer View Post
Hey:

What does a "z" or a "c" or a "s" in a word really change/mean??

And I do mean only in the words of "advise"; "advize", or "advice".
Okay...have you ever heard of "Dear Abby"? I ask this because I don't know what part of the world you live in. "Dear Abby" is an ADVICE columnist. She gives people advice on marriage, children, etc. She advises them on different things...(advise). Its the way that the word is used in a sentence. There is...as far as I know...no such word as advize....except in Patsy's mind, of course.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:25 PM

Quote:
As in '...I advice you to be rested'?
LOL..yeah, now THAT makes "sense".
Old 03-21-2008, 09:25 PM
Former Member

Was the felt tip pen the exact pen that was used to write the RN that Patsy used for her handwriting samples to LE??

Just asking............