Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Located Forum Discussion

Notices

Located Forum Discussion Discussion for those who were missing and are now located

Old 03-31-2008, 07:35 AM

CT - Mary Ellen Welsh, 62, New Britain, March 2008 - Missing after home invasion

Doesn't sound very hopeful about the missing woman. At least they have captured the suspect.

By News Channel 8's Carolee Salerno
March 30, 2008
Updated 9:30 PM
New Britain (WTNH) - New Britain Police have found a suspect they believe to be involved in a home invasion. They say it happened at around 9 to 10 o'clock Sunday morning at a home on Woodhaven Drive in New Britain.

Cynthia Manak, of New Britain, was distraught when she found out that one of her friends was shot, while the other was apparently kidnapped this morning. "We don't where she is," Manak said. "We don't know what they'd do to her." Police believe a man showed up at the home on Woodhaven Drive and shot the woman who lives there. He then kidnapped her friend who was visiting -- 62-year-old Mary Ellen Welsh of New Britain.

More at link.

http://www.wtnh.com/Global/story.asp...hp?nst_inc=CMD

www.findbrianshaffer.com
Old 03-31-2008, 10:57 AM

Body of Mary Ellen Welsh Found-Home Invasion Victim was Missing

http://www.courant.com/news/custom/t...,1380196.story

www.findbrianshaffer.com
Old 03-31-2008, 03:02 PM
WS Admin

Police Find Body of Woman Missing After Connecticut Home Invasion

A sex offender recently freed from prison was arrested in the death of a woman abducted while visiting a friend, police said Monday. The friend was shot and seriously wounded.

The body of MaryEllen Welsh, 62, was found in a wooded area of Bristol, about 10 miles from New Britain, where she was abducted Sunday. She had apparently been shot, New Britain police said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,343675,00.html
Old 03-31-2008, 03:15 PM
Walk lightly in the spring; Mother Earth is pregnant. Kiowa proverb

(no words)

"You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and stars."
from Desiderata by Max Ehrlmann
Old 03-31-2008, 04:22 PM

Two women having a nice visit over coffee on a Sunday morning and one of them is undergoing treatment for CANCER. She ends up dead and her friend in serious condition in the hospital because some IDIOT should NEVER have been released from prison!!! This just makes me sick...

Chico, thanks for merging the threads..I didn't know how to do it.

www.findbrianshaffer.com
Old 03-31-2008, 04:54 PM

Angry Even MORE Home Invasion Horror

This poor woman was battling cancer...

Police Find Body of Woman Missing After Connecticut Home Invasion

Monday , March 31, 2008

NEW BRITAIN, Conn. —
A sex offender recently freed from prison was arrested in the death of a woman abducted while visiting a friend, police said Monday. The friend was shot and seriously wounded.

The body of MaryEllen Welsh, 62, was found in a wooded area of Bristol, about 10 miles from New Britain, where she was abducted Sunday. She had apparently been shot, New Britain police said.
She was visiting a friend Sunday morning when someone broke into the house, Sgt. Darren Pearson said. The friend, identified as Carol Larese, 65, was badly wounded but was expected to recover.
Authorities arrested Leslie Williams, 31, when he crashed Welsh's car in Watertown after a police chase about five hours after the home invasion.
Williams has been charged with attempted murder, robbery, kidnapping with a firearm and other crimes connected with what happened to Larese, Pearson said. He said police were preparing to charge him in connection with crimes against Welsh. Williams was expected to be in court on Monday.
Pearson said it appears Williams acted alone in what he called a "crime of opportunity." Police said Welsh had been undergoing treatment for cancer and had a port in her chest.
Williams was released March 4 from the medium-security Osborne Correctional Institution in Somers after serving eight years in prison for convictions in 2000 of sexual assault and risk of injury to a minor, according to state Department of Correction records.
Brian Garnett, a correction spokesman, said Monday that Williams was disciplined twice in prison for making threats, once for violating provisions of a program there, and once for tampering with security.
He was denied parole in March 2006, and was placed on five years probation when he was released from prison, Garnett said.
According to the state sex offender registry, he lives in Hartford.
Cynthia Holland, a friend of the victims, said Monday that the two were having coffee when the home invasion happened.
"She's a lovely person," Holland said of Welsh.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,343675,00.html
Old 03-31-2008, 05:16 PM
Semper Fi

I've been following this since yesterday and had hoped for a better ending. What I love is that this POS was only out of jail a little over 3 weeks...nice.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:17 PM
Banned

How a scumbag, yes I said scumbag gets out of jail like that I will never understand. God Bless them and their family
Old 03-31-2008, 05:19 PM
Authentic Southern Belle

Connecticut again!!!!! Reminds me of the case of the doctor's wife and two beautiful daughters from last year.

Poor lady.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:33 PM

english do you mean the case of Jennifer Hawke-Petit and her two daughters?
That case had such a profound impact on me too.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:40 PM
Authentic Southern Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glow View Post
english do you mean the case of Jennifer Hawke-Petit and her two daughters?
That case had such a profound impact on me too.
Yes....that just upset me for months on end, and I get upset when I think about it now, still. I wonder how Dr. Petit is doing? I'm sure this case brought it all back for him.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:58 PM

That case haunted me too. I remember even talk about it months later.

As a matter fact it affected me so much I got this,

meet Blue

and yes, he sleeps inside at night

[IMG][/IMG]