Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Crimes in the News

Notices

Crimes in the News Read and comment about current crimes committed. Remember the copyright laws when posting news stories!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-24-2008, 05:14 AM
Filly's Avatar
Filly Filly is offline
KICKING AND SHINING
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
Posts: 17,645
Cop Who E-mailed Child Porn From Work Sentenced

Like this article says "What was this cop thinking?" John Schenberger a New Jersey police officer got 14 years for his depraved act. Not only was Officer Schenberger a pervert who exploited children, but he had the nerve to use the computer at the police station to e-mail vile images of children. His reason being he didn't want his own children to find the pornography on the home computer. Oh I bet he's gonna have a nice time in prison.http://www.philly.com/dailynews/loca..._14_years.html
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-24-2008, 08:03 AM
pixies pixies is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filly View Post
Like this article says "What was this cop thinking?" John Schenberger a New Jersey police officer got 14 years for his depraved act. Not only was Officer Schenberger a pervert who exploited children, but he had the nerve to use the computer at the police station to e-mail vile images of children. His reason being he didn't want his own children to find the pornography on the home computer. Oh I bet he's gonna have a nice time in prison.http://www.philly.com/dailynews/loca..._14_years.html
Ok
He wanted to protect HIS kids but watch the rape of others.
14 years is a start and he will be in the "special" ward they have when police get stupid and serve time. He will be away from the general population because he was a cop. TOTAL SPECIAL TREATMENT!

Wonder if this good father molested his own kids...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-24-2008, 08:03 AM
lizzybeth's Avatar
lizzybeth lizzybeth is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 4,093
A pervert and an idiot; he's quite the combination. I can't understand why his wife would go to court with him.

I'd be divorcing him and getting a mental health professional for my kids.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-24-2008, 08:10 AM
Filly's Avatar
Filly Filly is offline
KICKING AND SHINING
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
Posts: 17,645
Yes, he's a perverted maroon for sure. Right in the station.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-24-2008, 08:56 AM
SewingDeb's Avatar
SewingDeb SewingDeb is offline
"Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 9,080
It says he sent huge amounts of child porn in two batches. I wonder where he got it and if he was sent images in return or if he was paid for them.

Hard to believe a police officer would do this but these creeps are in every walk of life.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-24-2008, 09:07 AM
southcitymom's Avatar
southcitymom southcitymom is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 16,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingDeb View Post
It says he sent huge amounts of child porn in two batches. I wonder where he got it and if he was sent images in return or if he was paid for them.

Hard to believe a police officer would do this but these creeps are in every walk of life.
You know, Sewing Deb, it sounds to me like he might have done this for money. That doesn't make it any less horrible, but I don't know if he is a sexual pervert as much as he is an opportunist. That's just the sense I get since he didn't want his kids to see that stuff and the article says he confessed with contrition from the minute he was caught. It just made me think of stories about cops who sell drugs they can get their hands on, but aren't drug users themselves. Hard to know.

I think his sentence is appropriate. What a sad, sad story.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-24-2008, 09:18 AM
SewingDeb's Avatar
SewingDeb SewingDeb is offline
"Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 9,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
You know, Sewing Deb, it sounds to me like he might have done this for money. That doesn't make it any less horrible, but I don't know if he is a sexual pervert as much as he is an opportunist. That's just the sense I get since he didn't want his kids to see that stuff and the article says he confessed with contrition from the minute he was caught. It just made me think of stories about cops who sell drugs they can get their hands on, but aren't drug users themselves. Hard to know.

I think his sentence is appropriate. What a sad, sad story.
That could be the case, SCM. He just blew it all. What do you want to bet that his defense will be that he was doing a sting operation or some such?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-24-2008, 10:33 AM
southcitymom's Avatar
southcitymom southcitymom is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 16,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingDeb View Post
That could be the case, SCM. He just blew it all. What do you want to bet that his defense will be that he was doing a sting operation or some such?
No more defense - it sounds like he pleaded. 14 years in prison followed by 10 on strict probation.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:16 AM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!