Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Located Forum Discussion

Notices

Located Forum Discussion Discussion for those who were missing and are now located

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 01:26 AM

I am convinced, now more than ever, though I cannot pinpoint WHY - that LE knows more than they are revealing.... possibly much more - and that they are building a case that will possibly shock us all.
Old 05-24-2008, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotheonlyone View Post
I am convinced, now more than ever, though I cannot pinpoint WHY - that LE knows more than they are revealing.... possibly much more - and that they are building a case that will possibly shock us all.
I total agree LE knows more then most people here want to know or believe but I think the shock will come when they say he is found case closed and nothing else. I don't believe there is any case to build and I think all the talk about Christine with no evidence is sad.
Old 05-24-2008, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoManyQuestions View Post
I total agree LE knows more then most people here want to know or believe but I think the shock will come when they say he is found case closed and nothing else. I don't believe there is any case to build and I think all the talk about Christine with no evidence is sad.
No evidence, but ALOT of very peculiar behavior
Old 05-24-2008, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotheonlyone View Post
No evidence, but ALOT of very peculiar behavior
Before I was married to my husband I signed a note for the siding on the house we lived in. He and his brother own the house and which ever one died first the other got it. My husband stopped breathing one day and they had to take him to the hospital. All I kept thinking was if he died I would owe the money for the siding and his brother would get it. Was very strange but I think it kept the fear away. I've seen the same type of thing out of other victims of disaster. Shock does funny things.

Also it all depends on exactly how much of the info that has been found and that Christine may have known before we found it but after she had reported him missing. Those things could make a big difference in her behavior.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:08 AM

I too watched the video and when Christine was brought in in a negative way, I shut it off. I don't think the victim should be condemned. I maintain an open mind. When LE tells me I need to change my opinion, I will. Until then, I think it's very unfair to accuse Christine of "peculiar behavior" given what has happened to her.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:28 AM

I wonder if Christine had ever posted or read crime forums before Nicholas went missing ,if she had any interest in watching Nancy Grace or Greta before, and just how she ended up being interviewed by Nancy and Greta. If my husband went missing, I wouldn't even dream of going on any national television programs if there was no sign of foul play. I'd talk to local people and pester LE. Maybe Christine was trying to pressure LE to look harder or form large search parties because she did seem to want Nicholas found dead or alive since she had intuition that there was foul play and that he is near water.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:51 AM

Actually, I believe she did claim this. In her first interviews it was all "my sweet husband shielded me from some of our debt, which I didn't realize until I saw our PayPal account." People questioned her since this didn't make sense, and she later claimed that there was just a lot less in the account than usual. This I believe was prior to it being public about the "secret life" and "secret paypal account."

Quote:
Originally Posted by txsvicki View Post
I don't recall ever reading that the known accounts contained far less money than should have been there. Christine mentioned that Nicholas shielded her from worse financial problems than she knew about. If Nicholas had drained household accounts wouldn't that be clear evidence of running off? If Christine knew of money missing , then she would have went on national tv claiming that Nicholas wouldn't have run off for any reason. I'll never believe that she at least didn't know how much money he made and how much the bills were. She'd have to know in order to buy the kids' things and shop unless they were living on credit cards.
Old 05-24-2008, 03:02 AM

Does anyone know statistics as to whether more time going by increases the likelihood of runaway vs. foul play? Its just in my mind I keep thinking that if it were foul play then he would have turned up by now? As more time goes on, it seems more and more likely he ran away.

Old 05-24-2008, 04:15 AM

I wander if there is any background information about Christine's family? May have already been posted. Very strange case, his family doesn't go public with pleas for help, she acts much more strange than someone with 2 kids and another on the way would if their hubby disappear... This whole case is so very odd. Wonder if she may have family that "made him disappear" , not saying that is what I think but maybe? I still think (alittle) he left on his own but if so and noone knew I would think the family would act/appear much more concerned about his disappearance. werid, the whole thing is just plain werid.
Matthew 19:26
Old 05-24-2008, 04:43 AM

I guess I just like to be kinder then that. I mean. what's wrong with being kind to Christine and her kiddos?
And straitfan- is there a certain way that people are supposed to act when their loved one goes missing and it's found they weren't who you thought they were? How exactly do you act when you've been abandoned & betrayed? Is there a book on that? Or a website?
I guess I'm just disappointed that this case has once again devolved into pointing fingers at the victims.
Weird, and sad, and no closer to finding Nicholas than we ever were.
jmo, moo,wjw

Last edited by CW; 05-25-2008 at 03:51 AM. Reason: Due to replying to a post that was deleted. Members where warned not to post other links to other forums and blogs.
Old 05-24-2008, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter17 View Post
I guess I just like to be kinder then that. I mean. what's wrong with being kind to Christine and her kiddos?
And straitfan- is there a certain way that people are supposed to act when their loved one goes missing and it's found they weren't who you thought they were? How exactly do you act when you've been abandoned & betrayed? Is there a book on that? Or a website?
I guess I'm just disappointed that this case has once again devolved into pointing fingers at the victims.
Weird, and sad, and no closer to finding Nicholas than we ever were.
jmo, moo,wjw
I am not pointing a finger at anyone, though, YES, the vast majority of families who have missing loved ones do go public to plea for help! I never indicated he "abandoned and betrayed" them, you did. I assume he either chose to leave on his own (in which case, family wouldn't know but would plea for help and as to his wife, yes, I do believe as a mother and her children's father missing she would want to know for their sake and plea for help on the children's behalf.. It is rather odd to just appear to "move on"....

Last edited by CW; 05-25-2008 at 03:53 AM. Reason: Due to the quote being edited.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:06 AM

Do we know "who" the victim is? Is it Christine, how is she a victim, he is the one who is missing, that is the victim. He may be alive, maybe not, who knows. Obiviously none of us do. That fact that noone, family, christine, etc appear to want to keep it in the news to find the him or the answer to what happened to him is strange to most of humanity.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:23 AM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busylady View Post
Just watched this video and was very saddened by it. I feel like it could of been a great opportunity to get the word out there about Nicholas, however with the focus on slandering his wife I think it will turn people off and defeat the entire purpose. People may not like Christine or her actions, but videos like this just take the focus off of Nicholas and on to Christine. I just do not understand what the purpose of that is.
Thanks to various comments on the video link, i'll not be watching it. i don't believe it can further finding Nicholas.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:47 AM

I've heard and read all of the Christine bashing that I ever want to hear or read. LE says that she is not involved...doesn't and didn't know anything and I will take them at their word. Why are some people willing to believe everything else that LE has to say about this case except when it comes to Christine? I'm really sick of hearing the same old crap over and over.

Christine is a victim because she has no idea what has happened to her husband...the children are victims too. If Nick has been murdered then he is also a victim. If he just took off because he liked the idea of living another life style then I don't see him as a victim. He made a choice.

I don't understand why people think they have to just take off...male or female. If a person wants out of a marriage why not just say so. No one can make them stay if they don't want to. They can even leave the state if they want. But why just slink off without a word? At least by being honest the leaving doesn't end up like this with everyone looking for the misssing person. It would make it so much simplier for all involved. Then both partys could really get on with their lives. This is with the exception of battered wives and girlfriends. Heck, the person that plans to leave could at least leave a note or stick a note in the mail as they leave town!
Old 05-24-2008, 06:21 AM

I have nothing against his wife but the fact that there is no public attempt to search for Nick bothers me. So who knows, maybe the family already knows something we don't but if not the fact of no public attempt to locate him is very strange.
Old 05-24-2008, 09:12 AM
always. SS~

Bobbi, this is why I would like to see the laws changed so it makes it illegal for people to simply walk away. I think when they are caught, they should face consequences for what they have done. It should be required for someone to contact LE, an attorney, or Clergy before they leave to allow the process of wasting time looking for them to cease. The manhours and money wasted on finding people who do walk away is staggering. If they had to face jail time and huge fines when caught...maybe they would rethink their selfish behavior.

I don't believe everything LE says when it involves any case. They are given the complete freedom to deceive the public and others. You can't trust them because of it, imo. (I think the laws should change regarding this, too! They should be required to live up to the same standards as the rest of us and that involves honesty.)

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.
Old 05-24-2008, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbisangel View Post
I've heard and read all of the Christine bashing that I ever want to hear or read. LE says that she is not involved...doesn't and didn't know anything and I will take them at their word. Why are some people willing to believe everything else that LE has to say about this case except when it comes to Christine? I'm really sick of hearing the same old crap over and over.

Christine is a victim because she has no idea what has happened to her husband...the children are victims too. If Nick has been murdered then he is also a victim. If he just took off because he liked the idea of living another life style then I don't see him as a victim. He made a choice.

I don't understand why people think they have to just take off...male or female. If a person wants out of a marriage why not just say so. No one can make them stay if they don't want to. They can even leave the state if they want. But why just slink off without a word? At least by being honest the leaving doesn't end up like this with everyone looking for the misssing person. It would make it so much simplier for all involved. Then both partys could really get on with their lives. This is with the exception of battered wives and girlfriends. Heck, the person that plans to leave could at least leave a note or stick a note in the mail as they leave town!
I totally agree Bobbisangel!

IMO you are one of the most credible people in being able to talk about who is a victim when it come to violent crimes.

It really would be nice if Nicholas could be the only victim in this but that is just not the case. Murdered or not.. Walked or not..
Old 05-24-2008, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
Bobbi, this is why I would like to see the laws changed so it makes it illegal for people to simply walk away. I think when they are caught, they should face consequences for what they have done. It should be required for someone to contact LE, an attorney, or Clergy before they leave to allow the process of wasting time looking for them to cease. The manhours and money wasted on finding people who do walk away is staggering. If they had to face jail time and huge fines when caught...maybe they would rethink their selfish behavior.

I don't believe everything LE says when it involves any case. They are given the complete freedom to deceive the public and others. You can't trust them because of it, imo. (I think the laws should change regarding this, too! They should be required to live up to the same standards as the rest of us and that involves honesty.)
I think so too SS! It should definately be illegal when it is as easy as a phone call to end it. It seems like such a selfish, self centered thing to do to leave and never bother telling your loved ones that you are alive.

I know that Musterion on IS found WA law that does make abandonment a class c felony.

I would also like to see laws that help in the investigation of such cases. Because of privacy issues.. alot of things can't even be looked at to try and determine where the missing person is.

I know with the Beth Smith case. She called her best friend at one point and hung up. The number appeared as a New York number on her caller ID and she wondered if it wasn't Beth. She paid money for a reverse lookup and all that but it turned up nothin. Has ANYONE gotten a call like this from Nicholas? A poster on IS found the video of her pawning her wedding ring the day she disappeared. Did Nicholas pawn anything? She also sent in to get her teaching certificate and the person from her district called the authorities. I have to wonder if there has been anything like this.. where Nicholas needed something from his old life to continue in his new one... if that is what happened. Not saying that he did walk but in my experience.. hindsight being 20/20 everyone kinda goes.. "oh yeah, I remember that.. didn't know it was a significant piece of information at the time". Turns out that there were several clues as to where they were.

I always thought something happened to him but based on what I know now.. I am starting to think he may have walked away. No amount of begging or suggestions from posters on crime boards is going to make him want to call someone if he doesn't want to.
Old 05-24-2008, 04:54 PM

I'm sorry if I ruffled anyone's feathers last night. I've been following this story since day one and have a great deal of empathy for the one's left behind.
I do think Nicholas needs to be found. And I understand why his wife and family members might be less than outspoken in trying to locate him. With the secret life business, what would the questions from the media be? How hard would it be to answer questions about your husbands' dirty secrets - secrets you knew nothing about until he disappeared? Secrets you still know little or nothing about.
I completely understand why CF has changed up her life. I think in this case, strange behavior is the name of the game- from Nicholas, Christine, the Crime Boards, Etsy, bloggers... strange.
jmo
Old 05-24-2008, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKnowley View Post
I can't recall many (if any) missing person flyers that have listed a missing persons place of birth? I'm not sure how that is relevant?
Really???
I would have thought that would normally be included.
Well excuse my ignorance!!!
Old 05-24-2008, 06:20 PM
Where is Kimberly Shawn Cheatham?

I wasn't trying to be rude or anything. I just was wondering why a missing persons place of birth would be important enough to have it listed on their missing person fliers. Maybe you could help me by explaining?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryAddict View Post
Really???
I would have thought that would normally be included.
Well excuse my ignorance!!!

Could Princess Blue be identified soon Princess Blue? Follow us at the link below
Princess Blue Forum to find out.

Kimberly Shawn Cheatham
Missing from Dallas, Texas since April 8, 1989

Last edited by Earthbound Misfit I; 05-24-2008 at 06:31 PM. Reason: added to comment
Old 05-24-2008, 06:22 PM

It might be relevant to know place of birth if it was a foreign country, or perhaps if he might have returned to where he was born. I was born in NY- if I ran, I might go back there.
jmo
Old 05-24-2008, 06:42 PM

Quote:
It might be relevant to know place of birth if it was a foreign country, or perhaps if he might have returned to where he was born. I was born in NY- if I ran, I might go back there.
jmo
Thanks Dexter, I think it's as simple as that!
Old 05-24-2008, 06:55 PM

Thanks. Have you seen many missing persons fliers that have listed the missing persons place of birth? I know I haven't.

Quote:
jmo

Could Princess Blue be identified soon Princess Blue? Follow us at the link below
Princess Blue Forum to find out.

Kimberly Shawn Cheatham
Missing from Dallas, Texas since April 8, 1989

Old 05-24-2008, 07:18 PM
Inactive

My opinion is that Nick walked away. So many factors point to that, the missing money, the car found with no evidence at the condo, his secret life. And not just the money from the secret account, obviously more was missing from their joint accounts if it raised a speculation from Chritine...she needed money ASAP/..even her sister was pleading for money for them.

Last edited by DeltaDawn; 05-25-2008 at 08:09 AM.
Closed Thread