Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Currently Awaiting Trial > ARREST!! Skyla Whitaker and Taylor Placker (11 & 13 years old)Murdered

Notices

ARREST!! Skyla Whitaker and Taylor Placker (11 & 13 years old)Murdered Kevin Sweat arrested for the murder of these 2 innocent girls from Weleetka,OK

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 06:30 PM
Wherever you go, there you are...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerprune64 View Post
For some odd reason I was not able to get the link to work
Way weird. Sorry about that! I went to CNN and clicked "South" and then channel kjrh. I wonder..

www.kjrh.com

Okay, that link to channel works. Hit news and the story of these angels should come up. Sorry for any problem!
Old 06-11-2008, 06:46 PM
always. SS~

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
I agree.

Well now we know that Taylor and her sister (?) have at least 2 brothers, JC and Willey. They have at least two sisters in law, KK and Touia. Their parents are called Bud and Drag. (Er . . . maybe I'm just too suspicious, but are those names not drug references?) They have an Uncle Tony and a cousin Nita. Plus the other aunt and uncle from the news stories, Joe and Nell Mosher.

I think Bud and Drag look like Peter and Vicky Placker, the grandparents. Maybe it's just a family resemblance.
I believe Bud and Drag ARE Peter and Vicky which sound to me like Biker names. Yes, Nita looks to be in jail. No, Uncle Tony's photo is not from inside jail.

I don't think for a minute that Peter is involved with LE because it is pretty common to see hats like that around here. I think if that were the case, it would have come out by now and he would not have been wearing his hat to advertise it either.

I have not heard anything about a dog being with them at all.

ETA: Correction about Joe. Thanks, Steadfast.

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:01 PM
"From 30 feet away she looked like a lot of class."*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
Joe Mosher is Skyla's uncle not Taylor's uncle.

I believe Bud and Drag ARE Peter and Vicky which sound to me like Biker names. Yes, Nita looks to be in jail. No, Uncle Tony's photo is not from inside jail.

I don't think for a minute that Peter is involved with LE because it is pretty common to see hats like that around here. I think if that were the case, it would have come out by now and he would not have been wearing his hat to advertise it either.

I have not heard anything about a dog being with them at all.
No, he's Taylor's uncle.
On Tuesday morning, Taylor's uncle, Joe Mosher, drove up to the makeshift memorial at the place the bodies were found. Yellow crime scene tape had been torn away and thick patches of grass were matted down.
A rosary hung from a branch, and stuffed animals and a bouquet of flowers just beginning to wilt formed the grim reminder of innocence lost.
"It's the most tragic thing that I've ever seen," said Nell Mosher, Taylor's aunt. "They were just two precious little babies; they were good girls."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080610/...s/girls_killed
Old 06-11-2008, 07:06 PM
always. SS~

The story also has an international element as well. Okfuskee County Sheriff's Deputies say they've received calls from Scotland Yard in England offering assistance in the investigation. Of course, the FBI and U.S. Marshals have also offered aid.

http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=8464424

I say call in Scotland Yard myself!! They offered! Wow!

Old 06-11-2008, 07:15 PM
always. SS~

Quote:
No, he's Taylor's uncle.
On Tuesday morning, Taylor's uncle, Joe Mosher, drove up to the makeshift memorial at the place the bodies were found. Yellow crime scene tape had been torn away and thick patches of grass were matted down.
A rosary hung from a branch, and stuffed animals and a bouquet of flowers just beginning to wilt formed the grim reminder of innocence lost.
"It's the most tragic thing that I've ever seen," said Nell Mosher, Taylor's aunt. "They were just two precious little babies; they were good girls."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080610/...s/girls_killed
OK. I give. In the initial interview, they put his name up as Skyla's uncle so I guess it was a mistake. I tried to find it to take a shot of it..but lots of video since then.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:15 PM

Agents looked into a tip this morning that someone reported a pickup full of boys were in the area around the time of the killings.
"We contacted those individuals, and yes, they had a shotgun," Rosser said. "They told us they were down there shooting, just like they would have been on any Sunday. There's nothing to indicate that they are suspects."
http://newsok.com/investigators-say-...?tm=1213212603

I wonder what he means by "yes, they had a shotgun." It could mean that they had a shotgun, which was NOT one of the murder weapons. Or it could mean, yes, they had the same kind of gun as the murderers.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
OK. I give. In the initial interview, they put his name up as Skyla's uncle so I guess it was a mistake. I tried to find it to take a shot of it..but lots of video since then.
Yeah, I've noticed information is changing some, as usual. I always swear that I will save and index every article I come across on a new case that I obsess over, but I never know I'm going to obsess until it is too late!
Old 06-11-2008, 07:21 PM
always. SS~

I wouldn't think they used a shotgun on the girls and LE wouldn't take their gun for testing. I would imagine that the murder weapons weren't shotguns anyway. Hard to shoot multiple times in a short amount of time.

That would be normal for a group of boys to have a gun there shooting at logs in the water or setting up beer cans for target practice.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:26 PM
always. SS~

Quote:
Yeah, I've noticed information is changing some, as usual. I always swear that I will save and index every article I come across on a new case that I obsess over, but I never know I'm going to obsess until it is too late!
I know the feeling.

I still am surprised that the only coverage we are getting locally is on the regular news and by the time it rolls around...Fox, CNN, and Headline News is so far ahead of them that it is a waste of time to watch. Sad really. Here this happened in our backyard and they treat it like it was no big deal. I guess the OSBI was thanking OKC's media for their coverage.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:53 PM

I hope they question that pickup full of boys with a shotgun who were down there shooting. Maybe they had more than a shotgun they were shooting.

"The girls had walked to a bridge along the dirt road, which is a popular gathering place for residents in the rural county, which is about 90 miles east of Oklahoma City. "We're not sure whether it was somebody passing by," Ross said. "It's an active area for people to throw from the bridge, shoot from the bridge."
http://newsok.com/clues-sought-in-sl.../3255420/?pg=1

If it was such a popular gathering spot, it's a wonder no one saw anything out of the ordinary. Even a car that was not local would be noticed in such a remote area. I'm beginning to wonder if it was local boys who did it to. Anyone who the girls would have been able to identify. Gunshots were common place in that area, so people wouldn't have thought much of it. Two different guns would most likely be 2 different shooters. I doubt somebody would go wild west style with a gun in each hand. They'd have to be a good shot. The girls could have been cornered and then shot by more than one person. Someone local who would know the roads well. Or at least someone who used to be local. I'm really thinking they need to question that pickup truck of boys and whoever else hung out there that day.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:14 PM
cray cray

I'm leaning toward a thrill kill.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:57 PM
Semper Fi

Old 06-11-2008, 09:00 PM

Multiple shots to heads and chest ... IMO this is beyond a thrill kill!
Old 06-11-2008, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Agents looked into a tip this morning that someone reported a pickup full of boys were in the area around the time of the killings.
"We contacted those individuals, and yes, they had a shotgun," Rosser said. "They told us they were down there shooting, just like they would have been on any Sunday. There's nothing to indicate that they are suspects."
http://newsok.com/investigators-say-...?tm=1213212603

I wonder what he means by "yes, they had a shotgun." It could mean that they had a shotgun, which was NOT one of the murder weapons. Or it could mean, yes, they had the same kind of gun as the murderers.
Hmm thanks for the link SF.

Now that is what I call a huge coincidence, huh?

So they were in the area when the crimes were committed.

They were shooting weapons at the time.

They had a shotgun..

Well how does LE know that is all they had?
Old 06-11-2008, 09:08 PM

So two guns used, maybe two gunman. They need to have every gun in the county brought in for examination.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:32 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evelyn24 View Post
I'm leaning toward a thrill kill.
I am too. This sounds like boys gone wild mainly because of the multiple shots. The children were dead after the shots to the head. Why multiples? Almost like video games where thrill is obliterating the target.

The boys in the truck with guns in the area need to be looked at hard and long. This area is so rural that it is unlikely the perps just happened to be there at the same time as the girls.It takes locals to even know where to go. JMO.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:06 PM
Former Member

I'm watching Fox23 Tulsa and they just said that AMW is in Weleetka filming and plans to feature a segment on Saturday.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:39 PM
Former Member

Per Greta, both girls were shot in the face and both were found in the ditch.

Greta also reported that LE is looking for 2 suspects.0
Old 06-11-2008, 10:48 PM
Retired WS Staff

I had read they were shot in the face too, but it was only one paper and didn't want to post something so gruesome w/o confirmation....now it's been spoke again. How awful for 'dad' granddad to come up on that.

Sending strength and peace to all involved.

Old 06-11-2008, 10:49 PM

The police are searching around for clues in classmates' conversations on different websites. I'm sure they're looking for teen gossip to see if they know anything. Sorry no link because info is in a local paper that demands a subscription. GRRR
Old 06-11-2008, 11:10 PM
always. SS~

Quote:
Originally Posted by concernedperson View Post
I am too. This sounds like boys gone wild mainly because of the multiple shots. The children were dead after the shots to the head. Why multiples? Almost like video games where thrill is obliterating the target.

The boys in the truck with guns in the area need to be looked at hard and long. This area is so rural that it is unlikely the perps just happened to be there at the same time as the girls.It takes locals to even know where to go. JMO.
It doesn't take locals to know where to go. Oklahoma backroads aren't difficult to figure out like say a mountain road into nowhere. The road is well maintained and I would say it is a county road.

The boys in the truck are not suspects according to LE because it was a normal Sunday activity for them. This is the country and it is what boys do here. They have been doing this for eons. Their fathers did it and so did their grandfathers. They probably got their first rifle when they were 8 or 9 yo. They have a healthy respect for their guns and learn early not to be stupid which is why you don't hear of many accidental shootings among them.

It doesn't sound like boys gone wild to me at all. It sounds like it was done deliberately and carried out like a gang type execution.

Old 06-11-2008, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
Hmm thanks for the link SF.

Now that is what I call a huge coincidence, huh?

So they were in the area when the crimes were committed.

They were shooting weapons at the time.

They had a shotgun..

Well how does LE know that is all they had?
The video states they were shooting 3 miles away from the girls. I guess that's why they are not considered POI.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:23 PM
always. SS~

I can't get to it, but the Oklahoman newspaper I was reading earlier stated they were tire tracks for certain that made a U-turn where the bodies were found.

The newspaper also said that there was a computer at Taylor's and they were checking into it on various friend sites like Chiperoni said. So Taylor could have had a myspace or facebook page. Guess we need to keep looking since we haven't found it yet.

Old 06-11-2008, 11:33 PM

I read a news article last night that said the girls were found close together, about as close as if they possibly could have been fleeing. Has there been any ruling out of this?
Old 06-11-2008, 11:35 PM
always. SS~

Quote:
Originally Posted by christine2448 View Post
I had read they were shot in the face too, but it was only one paper and didn't want to post something so gruesome w/o confirmation....now it's been spoke again. How awful for 'dad' granddad to come up on that.

Sending strength and peace to all involved.
I cannot imagine how he is going to live with that from now on. It is beyond nightmares. Bless his heart.

The outpouring of support from people around the state and the country is amazing. The money is rolling in from everywhere and they said they even got a tip from Great Britain (can't imagine what that could have been tho). It is heartwarming to know in all this horror how much humanity exists in this world.

Closed Thread