Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Crimes in the News

Notices

Crimes in the News Read and comment about current crimes committed. Remember the copyright laws when posting news stories!

Old 06-12-2008, 06:43 PM

Dekalb county home-invasion

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/16576142/detail.html This is so scary and just plain horrible!
Old 06-12-2008, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mygirlsadie View Post
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/16576142/detail.html This is so scary and just plain horrible!
We have a rental house very near where this happened. It's not an area of town where you expect that sort of stuff. I am glad that everyone is okay, though I am sure the experience was terrifying.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:07 PM
Former Member

It has bothered me all day. These 2 guys were waiting in her garage when she returned from shopping. Forced her to call her husband and then proceeded to get online banking info with her tied up in the basement and her 3 children hog tied in an upstairs bedroom. This area is very nice and not an area where this kind of crime would normally take place so this tells me the thugs are branching out. It also means that very few people will be safe since they had to have cased the house and the residents. It is outrageous.

The sense of entitlement from criminals knows no boundaries. From drive by shootings to invading homes to mugging on street corners they are setting the precedent for degrading human life at every turn.

I am sure there will be some kind of arrest record when they are apprehended and this will show again how these criminals slip through the cracks.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by concernedperson View Post
It has bothered me all day. These 2 guys were waiting in her garage when she returned from shopping. Forced her to call her husband and then proceeded to get online banking info with her tied up in the basement and her 3 children hog tied in an upstairs bedroom. This area is very nice and not an area where this kind of crime would normally take place so this tells me the thugs are branching out. It also means that very few people will be safe since they had to have cased the house and the residents. It is outrageous.

The sense of entitlement from criminals knows no boundaries. From drive by shootings to invading homes to mugging on street corners they are setting the precedent for degrading human life at every turn.

I am sure there will be some kind of arrest record when they are apprehended and this will show again how these criminals slip through the cracks.
Apparently, the robbers knew the family. I wonder if they might have done some work for them or something. I haven't seen the connection listed yet.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:02 AM

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/16589438/detail.html A few more details.. I just can't wrap my mind around the fear this women must of felt but on the other hand how brave she was to escape bound to a chair!