Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > Tawni Lee Mazzone (formerly Maricopa Jane Doe)

Notices

Tawni Lee Mazzone (formerly Maricopa Jane Doe) Found Pinal County, AZ - 1/27/99, Identified 8/21/2008. William Walker on trial.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-25-2008, 10:19 AM
christine2448's Avatar
christine2448 christine2448 is offline
Retired WS Staff
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 10,537
Maricopa Jane Doe 1999 Thread #5

Please continue general discussion here.
__________________

  #2  
Old 06-25-2008, 04:22 PM
believe09's Avatar
believe09 believe09 is offline
For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oh Captain, My Captain
Posts: 25,946
let's think about the possibility that she was closer to 13 than 15...perhaps that is why she lied to the strip club saying she was 15...that would put her at the same age as the girl KTL was charged with trafficking...
  #3  
Old 06-25-2008, 05:59 PM
absinthe absinthe is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: san diego
Posts: 1,772
It kills me how young she was.
  #4  
Old 06-25-2008, 06:56 PM
not_my_kids's Avatar
not_my_kids not_my_kids is offline
<----The bravest little guy I've ever met.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Around here somewhere
Posts: 12,732
Hi everyone, new-ish to the forums, not new to this case. She is one of my pet cases. I've got 2 questions, can anyone give me a simplified version of what has gone on in threads 3-5? Please? I'm starting to have brain malfunctions and info overload trying to read them all from the beginning. I'd really appreciate it. I got up to about the middle of Thread #3 and realized that I had not comprehended anything for the last dozen posts. I saw something here in this thread about a strip club? Can I get clued in on that at least?
next on the list of questions, have we been looking for people with major scars or birthmarks that were in the spot where our girl has her tattoo? It is possible that when she went missing she had a birthmark on her chest and covered it up with a tattoo. I'm sure somebody already brought that up and I missed it.
The work that has been done here already is truly amazing.
  #5  
Old 06-25-2008, 07:05 PM
not_my_kids's Avatar
not_my_kids not_my_kids is offline
<----The bravest little guy I've ever met.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Around here somewhere
Posts: 12,732
And I came up with another question...I know... I am the genuine definition of PITA. Id there any way to get a listing of emancipated minors from the area from around that time? I think it might be a possibility.
  #6  
Old 06-25-2008, 07:26 PM
Cubby Cubby is offline
50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago burbs
Posts: 71,632
Hi not my kids, welcome to WS.

Somewhere in the LE report, a witness interviewed said MJD had applied to be a dancer at a Strip Club, but was denied because of her age. HTH.

I like your idea about emancipated minors.
__________________
~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.


Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing
  #7  
Old 06-25-2008, 07:55 PM
not_my_kids's Avatar
not_my_kids not_my_kids is offline
<----The bravest little guy I've ever met.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Around here somewhere
Posts: 12,732
Ok, caught myself up, the questions still stand though.
Thanks Cubby.
  #8  
Old 06-25-2008, 08:39 PM
Zanko's Avatar
Zanko Zanko is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Northwest
Posts: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
Ok, caught myself up, the questions still stand though.
Thanks Cubby.
I think if you asked 10 people, they'd have 10 different summations of threads 3 and 4, but here's a go:
We were considering contacting the female in the vehicle with MJD, her name is Lindsey. There was a possibility of getting some media attention through a reporter who was interested in interview someone local (Arizona) regarding Websleuths. The police report has been discussed at lengths. It was confirmed that there was a ring with the initials "DMA" on it. Someone in the police report claims that MJD went by the street name "Cory or Carla". MJD had real diamonds in the jewelry she carried. There has been some discussion about the driver of the vehicle. His name is Alonzo but he was referred to as "William" in one part of the police report.

What have I missed? Anyone want to add?
  #9  
Old 06-25-2008, 08:44 PM
christine2448's Avatar
christine2448 christine2448 is offline
Retired WS Staff
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 10,537
I'd have to say there is much much more.....I just don't have time, sadly, to recap.
__________________

  #10  
Old 06-25-2008, 08:45 PM
believe09's Avatar
believe09 believe09 is offline
For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oh Captain, My Captain
Posts: 25,946
Hey guys: not to interupt but a huge child sex ring bust went down in the last few days and included perps picked up in Phoenix!!! http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/06/25/...tes/index.html
  #11  
Old 06-25-2008, 08:58 PM
Fairy1's Avatar
Fairy1 Fairy1 is offline
Karma - The Great Equalizer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,128
Hi Ya'll!

Welcome NMK - great to have new eyes, insight and determination here! Please let me know if you still have questions and I'll attempt to answer them for you. We now have seen the original police report and portions of the ME's report. I would like to know where LE stands on this investigation right now. Seems ADF and Lipsey have been in pretty consistent trouble since (and before!) MJD took that fatal flight out the window. I don't see Alonzo suddenly opening up much about it at this stage. But I do not believe Lipsey was sufficiently pursued in terms of his knowledge of and relationship with MJD. Since he seems to be in perpetual legal trouble, I sure wish LE would take an opportunity to negotiate for some concrete information.

BTW - I have read the police report completely twice now and still feel I'm missing something. Both times LE questioned Lipsey, they asked him if he knew Kansas City Slim or KC or KC Slim. I don't see anywhere where that came from. Does anyone know???
  #12  
Old 06-25-2008, 09:16 PM
Fairy1's Avatar
Fairy1 Fairy1 is offline
Karma - The Great Equalizer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,128
BTW - again - I like the idea of looking at emancipated teens as this is not something we have pursued before. It could explain why no one has been looking for her. However, I can't see any court granting emancipation to someone this young. I really don't know much about it, but I would assume the teen would have to prove they had somewhere safe to live and a legitimate way to earn a living. That would definitely not be a strip club or prostitution.
  #13  
Old 06-25-2008, 09:18 PM
believe09's Avatar
believe09 believe09 is offline
For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oh Captain, My Captain
Posts: 25,946
Maybe one or more of the pimps picked up just might remember our MJD-might be a good time for the reporter to poke around??
  #14  
Old 06-25-2008, 09:19 PM
believe09's Avatar
believe09 believe09 is offline
For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oh Captain, My Captain
Posts: 25,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
Welcome NMK - great to have new eyes, insight and determination here! Please let me know if you still have questions and I'll attempt to answer them for you. We now have seen the original police report and portions of the ME's report. I would like to know where LE stands on this investigation right now. Seems ADF and Lipsey have been in pretty consistent trouble since (and before!) MJD took that fatal flight out the window. I don't see Alonzo suddenly opening up much about it at this stage. But I do not believe Lipsey was sufficiently pursued in terms of his knowledge of and relationship with MJD. Since he seems to be in perpetual legal trouble, I sure wish LE would take an opportunity to negotiate for some concrete information.

BTW - I have read the police report completely twice now and still feel I'm missing something. Both times LE questioned Lipsey, they asked him if he knew Kansas City Slim or KC or KC Slim. I don't see anywhere where that came from. Does anyone know???
KC Slim and Kansas City Slim are aliases of his in the sex trade, I believe...
  #15  
Old 06-25-2008, 09:21 PM
VASHLEY88's Avatar
VASHLEY88 VASHLEY88 is offline
Love, love, love!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: US of A
Posts: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
Welcome NMK - great to have new eyes, insight and determination here! Please let me know if you still have questions and I'll attempt to answer them for you. We now have seen the original police report and portions of the ME's report. I would like to know where LE stands on this investigation right now. Seems ADF and Lipsey have been in pretty consistent trouble since (and before!) MJD took that fatal flight out the window. I don't see Alonzo suddenly opening up much about it at this stage. But I do not believe Lipsey was sufficiently pursued in terms of his knowledge of and relationship with MJD. Since he seems to be in perpetual legal trouble, I sure wish LE would take an opportunity to negotiate for some concrete information.

BTW - I have read the police report completely twice now and still feel I'm missing something. Both times LE questioned Lipsey, they asked him if he knew Kansas City Slim or KC or KC Slim. I don't see anywhere where that came from. Does anyone know???

I was under the impression that KC Slim was a gang?.. or gang members affiliated in a gang

And I know in the state of AZ (however that may not be where she's from and I am aware that laws differ elsewhere) you must be at least 16 years of age with transportation, a valid address but you DO NOT have to be attending school.. however; you do have to work to provide adequate income. And I don't believe in 1999 the age of child emancipation was set at 16 because Janet Napolitano just recently changed that.. not sure if it was older or younger before..

in fact.. I don't think there was ever really a statute for it to be honest..
  #16  
Old 06-25-2008, 09:25 PM
believe09's Avatar
believe09 believe09 is offline
For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oh Captain, My Captain
Posts: 25,946
For the purposes of this board and the newbies, I would mention that there is a local reporter from Phoenix who is interviewing local WS'ers with MJD as a byline. Many of the sleuthers have put feelers out in Milwaukee among other places for missing foster children or organizations that are familiar with the sex industry and perhaps sex trafficking. FMW is the primary contact for the LE who is pursuing the case as an active investigation, and mod Christine 2448 is handling the reporter. Absinthe has the ME report and FmW the police report. We are still waiting for any photos they have to share, specifically ones that include articles of clothing, her jewelry and her possible pair of shoes from Alonzo's car. Our stated purpose is to try and ID this child, although it is hard not to quarterback the investigation into the events....She has fingerprints in AFIS and DNA in CODiS. LE checked her prints in local adult databases, but I think we still have a question mark if they ran them out of state....Last I heard, LE thinks she is from Mojave County, so we have ads on Craigslist asking for information.
  #17  
Old 06-25-2008, 09:54 PM
Fairy1's Avatar
Fairy1 Fairy1 is offline
Karma - The Great Equalizer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
For the purposes of this board and the newbies, I would mention that there is a local reporter from Phoenix who is interviewing local WS'ers with MJD as a byline. Many of the sleuthers have put feelers out in Milwaukee among other places for missing foster children or organizations that are familiar with the sex industry and perhaps sex trafficking. FMW is the primary contact for the LE who is pursuing the case as an active investigation, and mod Christine 2448 is handling the reporter. Absinthe has the ME report and FmW the police report. We are still waiting for any photos they have to share, specifically ones that include articles of clothing, her jewelry and her possible pair of shoes from Alonzo's car. Our stated purpose is to try and ID this child, although it is hard not to quarterback the investigation into the events....She has fingerprints in AFIS and DNA in CODiS. LE checked her prints in local adult databases, but I think we still have a question mark if they ran them out of state....Last I heard, LE thinks she is from Mojave County, so we have ads on Craigslist asking for information.
TYVM Believe! I would like to know where the Mohave County info came from. I still think the Craigslist posting is a good idea. Maybe we should fan out to Wisconsin??? Someone, somewhere knows who this baby is!
  #18  
Old 06-25-2008, 10:39 PM
Teresa Larson's Avatar
Teresa Larson Teresa Larson is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Papillion Nebraska
Posts: 825


345 arrested, kids rescued in prostitution busts



Hundreds of people have been arrested and 21 children rescued in what the FBI is calling a five-day roundup of networks of pimps who force children into prostitution.
The Justice Department says it targeted 16 cities as part of its "Operation Cross Country" that caps off five years of similar stings nationwide.
Many of the children forced into prostitution are either runaways or what authorities call "thrown-aways" kids whose families have shunned them. Officials say they are preyed upon by organized networks of pimps who lure them in with shelter or drugs, then often beat, starve or otherwise abuse them until the children agree to work the streets.
"We together have no higher calling than to protect our children and to safeguard their innocence," FBI Director Robert Mueller said Wednesday. "Yet the sex trafficking of children remains one of the most violent and unforgivable crimes in this country."
In all, authorities arrested 345 people including 290 adult prostitutes during the operation that ended this week. Since 2003, 308 pimps and hookers have been convicted in state and federal courts of forcing youngsters into prostitution, and 433 child victims have been rescued, Mueller said.
The cities targeted in this week's sting are: Atlanta; Boston; Dallas; Detroit; Houston; Las Vegas; Los Angeles; Miami; Montgomery County, Md.; Oakland, Calif.; Phoenix; Reno, Nev.; Sacramento, Calif.; Tampa; Toledo, Ohio and Washington.
The problem of child prostitution has taken on a new urgency in recent years with the growth of online networks where pimps advertise the youngsters to clients. The FBI generally investigates child prostitution cases that cross state lines.
The cases aren't easy to convict.
In April 2006, for example, charges against a Nevada man resulted in a hung jury after his 14-year-old victim refused to testify against him. Months later, however, a second jury found Juan Rico Doss of Reno, Nev., guilty of forcing two girls ages 14 and 16 to sell sex in Los Angeles, Sacramento, San Francisco and Oakland.
A University of Pennsylvania study estimates nearly 300,000 children in the United States are at risk of being sexually exploited for commercial uses "most of them runaways or thrown-aways," said Ernie Allen, president of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.
"These kids are victims. This is 21st century slavery," Allen said. "They lack the ability to walk away."
  #19  
Old 06-26-2008, 08:03 AM
believe09's Avatar
believe09 believe09 is offline
For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oh Captain, My Captain
Posts: 25,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
TYVM Believe! I would like to know where the Mohave County info came from. I still think the Craigslist posting is a good idea. Maybe we should fan out to Wisconsin??? Someone, somewhere knows who this baby is!
I can do a copy paste unless someone else wants to give it a go? Let me know!
  #20  
Old 06-26-2008, 04:00 PM
BeavisMom62's Avatar
BeavisMom62 BeavisMom62 is offline
No, Butthead is NOT here!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,531
Christine, any updates on the reporter?

I just read believe's post where it was mentioned that we are waiting for any pictures. I could just picture all of us, if and when the pics are posted, with our noses pressed to the comp screen, staring and staring for hours at these pics that we have waited so eagerly for, for such a long time.
  #21  
Old 06-26-2008, 04:08 PM
believe09's Avatar
believe09 believe09 is offline
For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oh Captain, My Captain
Posts: 25,946
That just made me laugh out loud!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeavisMom62 View Post
Christine, any updates on the reporter?

I just read believe's post where it was mentioned that we are waiting for any pictures. I could just picture all of us, if and when the pics are posted, with our noses pressed to the comp screen, staring and staring for hours at these pics that we have waited so eagerly for, for such a long time.
  #22  
Old 06-26-2008, 04:27 PM
Fairy1's Avatar
Fairy1 Fairy1 is offline
Karma - The Great Equalizer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,128
Just a thought - if MJD was a prostitute, why would she have been seeking employment at a strip club? I really don't think she was hooking - at least not yet. Or maybe she was just trying to get away from it. IDK - IDK - IDK!!!
  #23  
Old 06-26-2008, 04:31 PM
Zanko's Avatar
Zanko Zanko is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Northwest
Posts: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
Just a thought - if MJD was a prostitute, why would she have been seeking employment at a strip club? I really don't think she was hooking - at least not yet. Or maybe she was just trying to get away from it. IDK - IDK - IDK!!!
Good catch! I didn't even think of that!

Did anyone ever figure out where the KC Slim/Kansas City Slim reference (in the police report) originated from?
  #24  
Old 06-26-2008, 04:35 PM
Fairy1's Avatar
Fairy1 Fairy1 is offline
Karma - The Great Equalizer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanko View Post
Good catch! I didn't even think of that!

Did anyone ever figure out where the KC Slim/Kansas City Slim reference (in the police report) originated from?
I don't think the police report explains the nickname actually. But if that is Lipsey's street name, it would imply he's from Missouri - IMO. Great, another mystery! Jeez. LE needs to have a meaningful conversation with him.
  #25  
Old 06-26-2008, 05:23 PM
Cubby Cubby is offline
50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago burbs
Posts: 71,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
I don't think the police report explains the nickname actually. But if that is Lipsey's street name, it would imply he's from Missouri - IMO. Great, another mystery! Jeez. LE needs to have a meaningful conversation with him.
I agree! It occured too me she was too well groomed to be a hooker. How do we know the condoms weren't planted on her, or she just didn't carry them as a safety precaution, lots of teens are sexually active. Were the condom packages tested for prints? Who's were on them? With the shoes, how do we know they were MJD's and not LDJ'S? Did they have the same shoe size? Where they right size shoes for MJD?
__________________
~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.


Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maricopa Jane Doe 1999 Thread #2 Angie4b1g Tawni Lee Mazzone (formerly Maricopa Jane Doe) 615 08-21-2008 10:21 PM
Maricopa Jane Doe 1999 Thread #4 christine2448 Tawni Lee Mazzone (formerly Maricopa Jane Doe) 366 06-25-2008 10:20 AM
Maricopa Jane Doe 1999 Thread #3 christine2448 Tawni Lee Mazzone (formerly Maricopa Jane Doe) 488 06-12-2008 06:23 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:23 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!