Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Currently Awaiting Trial > ARREST!! Skyla Whitaker and Taylor Placker (11 & 13 years old)Murdered

Notices

ARREST!! Skyla Whitaker and Taylor Placker (11 & 13 years old)Murdered Kevin Sweat arrested for the murder of these 2 innocent girls from Weleetka,OK

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 10:44 AM
Retired WS Staff

Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #9

Please continue General Discussions here.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:08 AM
Let's go Patriots!!! Rock it Brady!

I'm gonna repost my thought here then as well ..
I agree with what someone said before. Why isn't this community outraged? Surely they have to be scared for their lives. Is there any locals here who can give us some insight as to what the mood is there? I'd be looking over my shoulder and phoning 911 everytime somebody looked at me weird. I mean, wouldn't you? Two little girls were gunned down in broad daylight...less than a 1/2 mile or so from their home. This isn't Compton here....I'd be so paranoid it wouldn't be funny.

I'm just not getting this one.....
Old 06-25-2008, 11:42 AM
Inactive

http://www.koco.com/news/16699678/detail.html

snip/
Agents still want to talk to a man described as an American-Indian, possibly part white, who is about 35 years old and stands 6 feet tall. Brown said the man has a pony tail and drives a white Ford or Chevrolet single-cab pickup truck with chrome stripping and an Oklahoma license tag.

He was seen standing near the truck near the time and place the youngsters were shot to death.

"We just want to talk to him," Brown said. "We think he might have seen something to resolve the case."
/snip

This is from an article about the K9s they are using today for the search for more evidence.

But at the bottom of the article it says the man was seen standing by the truck. The article I quoted on the last thread said he was sitting by his truck. So either he was seen at different times doing both and there is more then one witness to him..or the other article I quoted earlier on the last thread is wrong.

When I went back to review the AMW site they say the POI was sitting...hmmm..I am beginning to think he was outside that truck both standing and sitting and more then one witness saw him.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=56421

snip/
In a press conference, the OSBI says a concerned citizen has come forward, saying the day of the murders, a man was seen sitting outside a pick up truck. Authorities have generated a composite sketch of the man.
/snip
Old 06-25-2008, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorMoon View Post
I agree with what someone said before. Why isn't this community outraged? Surely they have to be scared for their lives. Is there any locals here who can give us some insight as to what the mood is there? I'd be looking over my shoulder and phoning 911 everytime somebody looked at me weird. I mean, wouldn't you? Two little girls were gunned down in broad daylight...less than a 1/2 mile or so from their home. This isn't Compton here....I'd be so paranoid it wouldn't be funny.

My guess is that the local's know way more than we do.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeOne View Post
That'd be my guess too.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:05 PM
Retired WS Staff

Mine three.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:07 PM

Okay...then where is someone local??!!! PLEASE-- locals come here any spill your guts!! Anything, a crumb, please. This case is such a mystery to me I'm about to take a weekend trip up there and see what's around!! Not that I'm a lookie loo..well, I guess I am because I'm nosey...but I just don't get how people are even walking around without being in bullet proof coverage!!
Old 06-25-2008, 01:16 PM

If I were my son, I would drive over there and hangout at the local coffee shop....
Old 06-25-2008, 01:27 PM
Inactive

Quote:
They know more and probably are too afraid to talk.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
They know more and probably are too afraid to talk.

Exactly, it's safer to talk amongst themselves.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:37 PM
cray cray

I'm going against the grain, and say that the locals have no clue who the killer is.
They might have juicier gossip and rumors, but that's about it.
imo
Old 06-25-2008, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evelyn24 View Post
I'm going against the grain, and say that the locals have no clue who the killer is.
They might have juicier gossip and rumors, but that's about it.
imo
They certainly know more about the family dynamics, etc.
In a town that size, everyone knows everyone's business.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:54 PM

Quote:
They certainly know more about the family dynamics, etc.
In a town that size, everyone knows everyone's business.

I can attest to that. I grew up in a small town & live in an even smaller one now. Everyone knows everyone else's business. You can consider it gossip & rumors, but most of it is based on fact.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:03 PM

I'm in Tulsa, and we're all talking about it here. There was an article about it in the Tulsa World, at the end people have posted comments...only 2.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/artic...1_hTofam723144

I think the mind-set (at least among people I know) is that this won't be solved.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudia View Post
I can attest to that. I grew up in a small town & live in an even smaller one now. Everyone knows everyone else's business. You can consider it gossip & rumors, but most of it is based on fact.

And they never forget...no matter how many years pass.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:31 PM

Is there anything yet on the canine investigation?
Old 06-25-2008, 02:32 PM

There is poster here that has family in Weeleka. I believe its Dasaky.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCDRAW View Post
And they never forget...no matter how many years pass.

Isn't that the truth!?
Old 06-25-2008, 02:41 PM

Dog finds nothing at scene of girls killing

Just read this. Saw no one posted it. I have already posted it in media links

http://www.koco.com/news/16707622/detail.html
Old 06-25-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnan View Post
I'm in Tulsa, and we're all talking about it here. There was an article about it in the Tulsa World, at the end people have posted comments...only 2.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/artic...1_hTofam723144

I think the mind-set (at least among people I know) is that this won't be solved.

Thank you Garnan. Why is it that the mindset is that this case won't be solved? Do you doubt the police? are the locals keeping quiet for any reason? What are the theories of people you speak to? Am I being nosy enough. I just really appreciate you posting here.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorMoon View Post
I agree with what someone said before. Why isn't this community outraged? Surely they have to be scared for their lives. Is there any locals here who can give us some insight as to what the mood is there? I'd be looking over my shoulder and phoning 911 every time somebody looked at me weird. I mean, wouldn't you? Two little girls were gunned down in broad daylight...less than a 1/2 mile or so from their home. This isn't Compton here....I'd be so paranoid it wouldn't be funny.

I am sure they are outraged and very fearful. It has been said that now there are no longer children seen out playing but these people aren't LE and can't solve this case and they know that. They have to keep hope alive that this crime will be solved.

In small towns rumors swirl in all sorts of forms. Imo no one in that town has a clue but just speculations who did this because if they had proof to any of their rumors they would turn those facts and evidence into the police and end the nightmare for everyone.

I live in a small community and last year we had a murder occur which is rare. If you listened to all the rumors then 3/4 of the people in the county would have been the suspects...when it turned out that the suspect was an out of towner that had been on a crime spree.

imoo
Old 06-25-2008, 03:22 PM

Great...why did I expect this answer??? Oh, oh, oh......I hope they have a clue. Because I'm thinking this is some serial freak who they will never catch in a million years.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:49 PM
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feeling Nostalgic View Post
Just read this. Saw no one posted it. I have already posted it in media links

http://www.koco.com/news/16707622/detail.html
Thanks, I'm also following the topix forum which is just alot of speculation.

http://www.topix.com/forum/source/ko...HAR4RS395/p104
Old 06-25-2008, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patience View Post
Thank you Garnan. Why is it that the mindset is that this case won't be solved? Do you doubt the police? are the locals keeping quiet for any reason? What are the theories of people you speak to? Am I being nosy enough. I just really appreciate you posting here.
Keep in mind that I don't really KNOW anything. It's just that so much time has passed and the sketch that they put out has yielded no results. Why hasn't this man been found? LE in this part of the country is basically incompetent IMO, and many others. Something should have developed by now. I think they either dropped the ball, or the perp was lucky enough not to leave anything, and there was no ball to drop.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnan View Post
Keep in mind that I don't really KNOW anything. It's just that so much time has passed and the sketch that they put out has yielded no results. Why hasn't this man been found? LE in this part of the country is basically incompetent IMO, and many others. Something should have developed by now. I think they either dropped the ball, or the perp was lucky enough not to leave anything, and there was no ball to drop.
I am not going to get discourage just yet. Finding someone in the USA is like looking for a needle in a haystack or anywhere they may wind up. When the BOLO was put out on Cesar Laurean, that actually had his photo, it took them three months to find him even though they knew where he was for three months and had been in Mexico looking for him.

IMO the reason it is hard finding this man is there are many NAs in Oklahoma. He is not from the community where this happened imo so no one can identify him there and there may be others outside of the area that don't want to or are fearful of doing so.

imoo