Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Crimes in the News

Notices

Crimes in the News Read and comment about current crimes committed. Remember the copyright laws when posting news stories!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 07-07-2008, 09:15 PM
dingo dingo is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 13,983
I think she is guilty too Ciara but you probably already guessed that..she should be thankful that she didnt get the firing squad.

Heres a news story on her father who passed away recently..

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...tion=australia
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 07-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Ciara's Avatar
Ciara Ciara is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,833
I saw video of him today too and that drug dealer guy was saying that he was involved in deals with him. The whole family are messed up I think.
I dont think she deserves the death penalty or even twenty years for what she did but I think if you take that risk in a country with those penalties then you deserve to stay there. Simple as that!
__________________
Rest in Peace Baby P xx
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ciara For This Useful Post:
  #103  
Old 07-07-2008, 10:25 PM
Jeana (DP) Jeana (DP) is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 27,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciara View Post
I saw video of him today too and that drug dealer guy was saying that he was involved in deals with him. The whole family are messed up I think.
I dont think she deserves the death penalty or even twenty years for what she did but I think if you take that risk in a country with those penalties then you deserve to stay there. Simple as that!
If she tried to bring 10 pounds of weed into the United States, her sentence might be 20 years. She probably wouldn't serve it all, but that's our problem. I think Bali's got the right ideas, but they need to do better investigations. I can't get behind any conviction where they don't even bother to fingerprint the evidence and then let God knows how many people mess with it before the trial.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 07-07-2008, 10:42 PM
Ciara's Avatar
Ciara Ciara is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeana (DP) View Post
If she tried to bring 10 pounds of weed into the United States, her sentence might be 20 years. She probably wouldn't serve it all, but that's our problem. I think Bali's got the right ideas, but they need to do better investigations. I can't get behind any conviction where they don't even bother to fingerprint the evidence and then let God knows how many people mess with it before the trial.
I agree with you Jeanna on the fact that they should do better investigations because then it leaves less doubt as to innocence or guilt. Then maybe there would not be so many people screaming that someone is innocent when in fact they may be less innocent than they think, but because it wasnt investigated properly they become "victims" almost.
I still think she is guilty though and that she should serve her sentence in the country she committed the crime.
__________________
Rest in Peace Baby P xx
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ciara For This Useful Post:
  #105  
Old 07-07-2008, 10:46 PM
Jeana (DP) Jeana (DP) is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 27,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciara View Post
I agree with you Jeanna on the fact that they should do better investigations because then it leaves less doubt as to innocence or guilt. Then maybe there would not be so many people screaming that someone is innocent when in fact they may be less innocent than they think, but because it wasnt investigated properly they become "victims" almost.
I still think she is guilty though and that she should serve her sentence in the country she committed the crime.

I agree with you. If she's guilty, she should definately serve her time in the country where the crime was committed.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 07-08-2008, 12:00 AM
dingo dingo is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 13,983
Schapelle had visited Bali more than once and even had family living there..she knew their rules and Im of the opinion that this wasnt the first time her or other family members had transported drugs into Bali..I just think that this time their luck run out and Schapelle is paying the price..they are not your normal Australian family by any stretch of the imagine.....as I said Im embarrassed by them.
I do believe that the drugs should have been tested to see where they were grown though.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 07-08-2008, 12:04 AM
dingo dingo is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 13,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeana (DP) View Post
I agree with you. If she's guilty, she should definately serve her time in the country where the crime was committed.
Her mum has said that Shapelle will only come home if she can come back a free woman without serving any jail time here..so Im all for leaving her over there too..sending the whole family over would be doing Australia a big favour imo
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 07-08-2008, 01:42 AM
kazzbar kazzbar is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 4,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingo View Post
Her mum has said that Shapelle will only come home if she can come back a free woman without serving any jail time here..so Im all for leaving her over there too..sending the whole family over would be doing Australia a big favour imo
Let them all go over and help serve it is the way i feel. Especially her little bogan brother.....poor bloke can hardly string a sentance together
At least Aussie taxpayers will not be paying for her keep.....
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kazzbar For This Useful Post:
  #109  
Old 07-08-2008, 01:44 AM
kazzbar kazzbar is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 4,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingo View Post
I think she is guilty too Ciara but you probably already guessed that..she should be thankful that she didnt get the firing squad.

Heres a news story on her father who passed away recently..

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...tion=australia
I watched Lateline when this went to air on Friday...I think that it is true..
ABC should not apologise to any of them...I hope that they stick to there guns and tell the Corby Clan to shove it...in the nicest possible way,of course.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kazzbar For This Useful Post:
  #110  
Old 07-08-2008, 02:47 AM
Kiki's Avatar
Kiki Kiki is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingo View Post
Thats what it is and when these pics became public she said she was only mucking around and not really using it.
Thanks Dingo. Of course she was. Don't we all? I can't think how many times I've posed with drug paraphernalia for a photo. Oh, yes I can. Never! But maybe she was just mucking around for the camera and never used it. That happens to Amy Winehouse all the time.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kiki For This Useful Post:
  #111  
Old 07-08-2008, 02:53 AM
Ciara's Avatar
Ciara Ciara is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki View Post
Thanks Dingo. Of course she was. Don't we all? I can't think how many times I've posed with drug paraphernalia for a photo. Oh, yes I can. Never! But maybe she was just mucking around for the camera and never used it. That happens to Amy Winehouse all the time.
This just made me almost snort my coffee all over the place lol.
Amy is such a skank....she was hitting out at some guy taking her pic last night again. I watched one of her Glastonbury performances, the one where she hit the fan in the crowd and she was just awful. She was drunk, running all over the place, slurring her words, forgetting her words. Great voice and a total walking disaster
__________________
Rest in Peace Baby P xx
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ciara For This Useful Post:
  #112  
Old 07-08-2008, 03:22 AM
dingo dingo is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 13,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzbar View Post
I watched Lateline when this went to air on Friday...I think that it is true..
ABC should not apologise to any of them...I hope that they stick to there guns and tell the Corby Clan to shove it...in the nicest possible way,of course.
Australia would be a nicer place without them
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 07-08-2008, 03:23 AM
dingo dingo is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 13,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki View Post
Thanks Dingo. Of course she was. Don't we all? I can't think how many times I've posed with drug paraphernalia for a photo. Oh, yes I can. Never! But maybe she was just mucking around for the camera and never used it. That happens to Amy Winehouse all the time.
I always keep a bong close by in case a photo op comes up
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 07-08-2008, 03:29 AM
kazzbar kazzbar is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 4,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingo View Post
I always keep a bong close by in case a photo op comes up
So do I..and a crack pipe
Mercedes is a stupid idiot....if only she would just shut up.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kazzbar For This Useful Post:
  #115  
Old 07-08-2008, 03:34 AM
Shazza Shazza is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingo View Post
I always keep a bong close by in case a photo op comes up
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzbar View Post
So do I..and a crack pipe
Mercedes is a stupid idiot....if only she would just shut up.
You guys are crazy Bottom line is she was convicted and has to serve her time.....and I agree it should be in the country that she was charged in.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shazza For This Useful Post:
  #116  
Old 07-08-2008, 03:36 AM
dingo dingo is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 13,983
I didnt realise how much her and the brother look alike until I seen the youtube videos..at least Schappel was lucky enough to miss out on the fangs.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 07-08-2008, 03:38 AM
dingo dingo is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 13,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazza View Post
You guys are crazy Bottom line is she was convicted and has to serve her time.....and I agree it should be in the country that she was charged in.
I dont thnk we have to worry about her coming home anytime soon Shazz..she is where she needs to be.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 07-08-2008, 03:44 AM
dingo dingo is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 13,983
Shappelle in happier times.

Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 07-08-2008, 03:48 AM
miss_vegemite's Avatar
miss_vegemite miss_vegemite is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: melbourne, australia
Posts: 511
I do feel a little sympathy for Schapelle, and her current predicament, but there are too many inconsistencies in her story and that of her big-mouthed family to say that she is innocent.

I have become more than tired of the attention seeking Corby's. Every couple of months something new happens to get their faces' back in the media. God help us in the many years to come when its time for her release (if the drama can last that long).

I have the most sympathy for us innocent Aussies who have to hear about it day after day, are we stuck with the 20 year sentence too, i hope not, i'm over it after 4...

Hopefully in 20 years the media and us can say Schapelle who???
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 07-08-2008, 03:50 AM
dingo dingo is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 13,983
Whats that in the ashtray?.


Reply With Quote
  #121  
Old 07-08-2008, 03:52 AM
miss_vegemite's Avatar
miss_vegemite miss_vegemite is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: melbourne, australia
Posts: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingo View Post
Whats that in the ashtray?.


A very big HOME made joint, opps, i mean ciggie
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 07-08-2008, 03:54 AM
dingo dingo is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 13,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_Vegemite View Post
I do feel a little sympathy for Schapelle, and her current predicament, but there are too many inconsistencies in her story and that of her big-mouthed family to say that she is innocent.

I have become more than tired of the attention seeking Corby's. Every couple of months something new happens to get their faces' back in the media. God help us in the many years to come when its time for her release (if the drama can last that long).

I have the most sympathy for us innocent Aussies who have to hear about it day after day, are we stuck with the 20 year sentence too, i hope not, I'm over it after 4...

Hopefully in 20 years the media and us can say Schapelle who???
I had sympathy for her at the start but I always believed she was guilty...but youre right..its the family that has put her in the predicament she is in..Im like you I just wish they would go away..shes there and shes staying there.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 07-08-2008, 03:55 AM
dingo dingo is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 13,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_vegemite View Post
A very big HOME made joint, opps, i mean ciggie
Thats what I thought it was.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 07-08-2008, 04:01 AM
miss_vegemite's Avatar
miss_vegemite miss_vegemite is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: melbourne, australia
Posts: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingo View Post
I had sympathy for her at the start but I always believed she was guilty...but youre right..its the family that has put her in the predicament she is in..Im like you I just wish they would go away..shes there and shes staying there.
You know what really did it for me, was the bit in the doco when her lawyer tells her to fake cry and beg Australia for help....and next thing we see the Headline News and she is sobbing and calling out "help me Australia, help me". That just really pissed me off.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to miss_vegemite For This Useful Post:
  #125  
Old 07-08-2008, 04:26 AM
dingo dingo is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 13,983
Same here MV....They tried to take us for fools and its backfired..maybe thats why they are showing this doco in other countries to try and garner sympathy..although I dont know what good that would do her.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Schapelle Corby Holdontoyourhat Crimes in the News 5 05-28-2005 12:21 PM
Queen meets BOB THE BUILDER blueclouds Bizarre and Off-Beat News 0 07-14-2004 10:31 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:44 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!