Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > Nancy Cooper

Notices

Nancy Cooper Found murdered after being reported missing while on a morning jog

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 11:11 PM
Shhhhhh - Peppurr's sleeping

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttabsy View Post
The Cooper's home is less than a mile from our house. We had to come home that way from dinner tonight. The main road through the neighborhood goes behind their house. From the back we could see police tape across the fence in the back yard and a police officer was parked on the side of the road behind the house.
:Welcome-12-june: Looking forward to your input here!
Old 07-15-2008, 11:12 PM
WS Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
My bold above

Fran, don't these idiots ever read the end of the book? Chapter 10: Charged
Chapter 11: Convicted
Chapter 12: Death Penalty (heh, hopefully)
Chapter 13: NOT WORTH IT - GET A DIVORCE

LOL, you're right Taximom, they think they don't need to finish the book because they believe they are smarter than all the ones before them.

In fact, they should just read chapter 13, "NOT WORTH IT - GET A DIVORCE"

Maybe some day enough of them will be behind bars, they'll finally start getting it. I doubt it though

JMHO
fran
Former Member

Who was with the kids when they were at the party? They might also have some input as to the mood of the Coopers before/after. Did Nancy Cooper come home w/Brad? Was Brad agitated? Etc. etc. etc.
Former Member

Quote:
This kind of pic shakes you to the core. It isn't enough that someone was murdered it reflects solely on our choices. Are we not paying attention enough or is there a basic cruelty we don't get? How can we be so blinded? Do we trust so much that if they aren't meth heads that we must be OK?

I think I am very shaken by this crime as it reflects what we all want to be about. Loving families and pursuing the dream.For Nancy and so many others life is just not that predictable.

We can't paint this picture with one brush. I am beginning to believe that it is more complicated than we will ever know. Not just that husbands lose it but that there is underlying causes that we don't see in society. I have to think it is a personality disorder that doesn't manifest itself until it is too late for some.

To me this is very fearful. Trust goes out the window.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:15 PM
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellis06 View Post
Here is a video from a helicopter flyover of the area where Nancy's body was found.
http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/3210710/
thanks!

was this the scene after her body had been removed, or do you know?....now i'm not so sure that she wasn't actually in the water....what would the white piece of material be?...something to bring her body upon??..like instead of moving up the ditch on the dirt???..
Old 07-15-2008, 11:17 PM
Retired WS Staff

Quote:
I just read that it is a "storm-water pond" which means that water could have been much higher after the rains that weekend. So she might have been in the water initially but then left on the embankment as the water receded.

Oh, so sad.
I'm still trying to get more of a feel for where she was found, and why if she was exposed wasn't she found earlier? I realize this is a new residential development and maybe no one around?
Inactive

Quote:
Who was with the kids when they were at the party? They might also have some input as to the mood of the Coopers before/after. Did Nancy Cooper come home w/Brad? Was Brad agitated? Etc. etc. etc.
ok, this is my understanding.....i read/heard that Brad didn't go to the party
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by close_enough View Post
the way i've heard it, it was like in a ditch?...so i'm thinking her body was found on an embankment.....i could be wrong though; it's just how i understand it...
I was reviewing the aerial footage, and I can't tell if she had been removed by then, or if the sheet is covering her?
Old 07-15-2008, 11:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
that's correct
Old 07-15-2008, 11:19 PM
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthera View Post
I didn't see NG. Honestly, my new digital cable is having issues with some stations, including hers. I get this "one moment please" message. I'll look up her transcript later!
hey, when we first got digital cable, we'd get the same message, from time to time...call the cable company....i don't know what they did, but it worked
Old 07-15-2008, 11:21 PM
Retired WS Staff

Quote:
hey, when we first got digital cable, we'd get the same message, from time to time...call the cable company....i don't know what they did, but it worked
Thank you I have called them and it still does it. Also some local stations. I guess I'll have to do it again!!

And :Welcome-12-june: to each

Awesome to have your all here!:Banane19:
Former Member

Quote:
Oh, I missed that somewhere, close! Thanks.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:22 PM

Just found a photo of the family. How sad that no matter what the outcome this family will never be again for those little girls.

http://www.mgt.ncsu.edu/profiles/stu...ll07/index.php
Old 07-15-2008, 11:22 PM

Does it look like they are draining that little pond? There seems to be a tube towards the end of the video maybe used to pump water out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellis06 View Post
Here is a video from a helicopter flyover of the area where Nancy's body was found.
http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/3210710/
Old 07-15-2008, 11:23 PM
Retired WS Staff

Quote:
I guess that rules out my theory he could've drugged her to cause her to not feel well. Maybe she was just exhausted from stress at home and her training.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:23 PM

I don't know if this will work for you, but after calling our cable co. with the same problem, this is what they finally told us:

Put 8 in front of the channel number (ch. 25 becomes ch. 825). It worked. Maybe it will work for you.

Quote:
Thank you I have called them and it still does it. Also some local stations. I guess I'll have to do it again!!
Old 07-15-2008, 11:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
The more I think about this statement, I'm wondering if someone could've drugged her before or at the party?
I think they would have noticed if she were actually drugged, and based on the reported scratches on Brad, Im thinking this was not premeditated but a fight that went too far; if he set her on the embankment vs. dumping her in the pond, I would be further convinced of that. He had to carry her at "dead weight" in difficult terrain through brush, etc, in the dark as opposed to easily rolling her down the embankment into the pond.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busylady View Post
Does it look like they are draining that little pond? There seems to be a tube towards the end of the video maybe used to pump water out?
Yes, that is what I was thinking and trying to understand if she had been removed already.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:25 PM
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busylady View Post
yes it does...i see the hose also...probably draining it out to look for further evidence?
Old 07-15-2008, 11:26 PM
Former Member

If the area is anything like where my brother lives, it's a nice cul-de-sac with woods and a place for extra water to go when it rains. I couldn't tell if that was a dirt path or not from the pics. Maybe locals run or walk there? How did the murderer know where to put her?
Old 07-15-2008, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by concernedperson View Post

To me this is very fearful. Trust goes out the window.
cp this is only the tip of the iceberg imo. We're gonna see a lot more of this. I am a baby boomer and many of the younger generations don't seem to have the same core values as we do. It's an "All about ME world" to many.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:29 PM
Inactive

Quote:
Oh, I missed that somewhere, close! Thanks.
you're welcome

& big kissy face to you 2 jilly
Old 07-15-2008, 11:30 PM
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink34 View Post
Yes, that is what I was thinking and trying to understand if she had been removed already.
same here, hmmm
Old 07-15-2008, 11:32 PM
Inactive

someone mentioned that they thought the children may have been left alone while Nancy's body was being disposed of....i meant to reply earlier, that i think it's very possible....
Closed Thread