Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > Nancy Cooper

Notices

Nancy Cooper Found murdered after being reported missing while on a morning jog

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 09:56 AM
Retired WS Staff

Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #3

Please continue discussions here.

Links to previous discussions and related topics can be seen toward the bottom of the page.

Welcome Newbies...sad such a tragedy is bringing us together. (I have been having to say that TOO much lately!!! )

Old 07-16-2008, 09:59 AM

Hello All- Another Newbie here. The picture of Brad coming out of the house carrying the carseats (posted by TaxiMom) seems extremely odd to me. The temperature down here is in the high 80's and its very humid too. The long sleeve shirt and even the jeans seem out of place to me. He is hiding something on his body. If their neighborhood is like my neighborhood (also in NC)- we know all of our neighbors and we frequently get together at each others houses, as couples and with our families for dinner and drinks. The kids all play together and we are like each others family- especially for those of us who do not have family in the area. So I am betting that their neighbors know a lot about Brad and their relationship. As for the purse in the car, it is very common. Especially if the car is in your garage. We lock our cars, but I often leave my purse in the car- and Nancy may have too, as she would be needing her hands free to get the girls in their carseats. Brad seems very narcassistic to me and the public web pages remind me of someone- well, my teenagers age or maturity. Not that of a 34 year old married father of 2. He is too into himself.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christine2448 View Post
Please continue discussions here.

Welcome Newbies...sad such a tragedy is bringing us together. (I have been having to say that TOO much lately!!! )
Good morning! Thanks for the new thread.

I know what you mean....I wish Websleuths was a community about cooking and searching for different ways to make a cake....It would be great if there were no tragedies to discuss.

jmo
Old 07-16-2008, 10:00 AM

Just posting this link again for those who may want to watch this morning's press conference later.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/3214733/

:Welcome-12-june: Aimee ....and any other newcomers!
Old 07-16-2008, 10:02 AM

Thanks for keeping us at work updated!

I think an arrest is coming any time today.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee729 View Post
Hello All- Another Newbie here. The picture of Brad coming out of the house carrying the carseats (posted by TaxiMom) seems extremely odd to me. The temperature down here is in the high 80's and its very humid too. The long sleeve shirt and even the jeans seem out of place to me. He is hiding something on his body. If their neighborhood is like my neighborhood (also in NC)- we know all of our neighbors and we frequently get together at each others houses, as couples and with our families for dinner and drinks. The kids all play together and we are like each others family- especially for those of us who do not have family in the area. So I am betting that their neighbors know a lot about Brad and their relationship. As for the purse in the car, it is very common. Especially if the car is in your garage. We lock our cars, but I often leave my purse in the car- and Nancy may have too, as she would be needing her hands free to get the girls in their carseats. Brad seems very narcassistic to me and the public web pages remind me of someone- well, my teenagers age or maturity. Not that of a 34 year old married father of 2. He is too into himself.
Hi ! I agree about the neighbors. I think Brad must have lawyered up by now. I suppose thats why hes not going to press conferences. JMO
Old 07-16-2008, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee729 View Post
Hi Aimee,

I completely agree with you, especially about those web pages. I know that they are focused on his races, but you would think there would be at least ONE reference to his wife, his children, etc. It's very strange to me and like you said, not the mentality of a married father of two. I have a blog that has nothing to do with my husband, but I find myself still mentioning him in there once in awhile.....something about that just doesn't sit right with me, especially given these circumstances.

jmo
Old 07-16-2008, 10:05 AM
Retired WS Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaJ View Post
Good morning! Thanks for the new thread.

I know what you mean....I wish Websleuths was a community about cooking and searching for different ways to make a cake....It would be great if there were no tragedies to discuss.

jmo

OT, there is a Cooking Section What's Cooking? JIC anyone needs a 'break' from this for a bit.

Old 07-16-2008, 10:08 AM

I wonder if the family is holding off on the funeral arrangements until after an arrest.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:10 AM
Former Member

Hi aimee and welcome to Websleuths!! I agree about the neighbors, they must know of their relationship. Also I could see her leaving her purse in the car under the circumstances you brought up.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:10 AM

They may not be calling Brad a person of interest but they sure are acting like he is. I wish for their girls sake that he was innocent. It's not looking like it right now. Their families are in my prayers especially those little girls.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaJ View Post
Hi Aimee,

I completely agree with you, especially about those web pages. I know that they are focused on his races, but you would think there would be at least ONE reference to his wife, his children, etc. It's very strange to me and like you said, not the mentality of a married father of two. I have a blog that has nothing to do with my husband, but I find myself still mentioning him in there once in awhile.....something about that just doesn't sit right with me, especially given these circumstances.

jmo

I was thinking also that if they both are into running then you would think they would be enjoying this activity together....but it seems like he was into his thing and she was not included.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:12 AM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia View Post
I wonder if the family is holding off on the funeral arrangements until after an arrest.
They could be. They may want to take her home to canada but are waiting for the police to arrest someone. They are also probably trying to figure out who will care for the girls if the father is arrested.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillblv View Post
I was thinking also that if they both are into running then you would think they would be enjoying this activity together....but it seems like he was into his thing and she was not included.

Maybe one ran while the other watched the girls.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:14 AM
Retired WS Staff

I am also praying for the girls sake he is innocent. Remember Jennifer Wilbanks..the runaway bride? We had her fiance pegged...lawyered right up, refused LDT, we had him sitting in the electric chair the first day..see how that one turned out?

We all assume it's him because it makes the most sense right now, and we are prolly right.

Here's my problem...I wish Nancy's family would get those kids from him...if he did do this, he is NOT in his right mind right now, he could surely lose it and do the kids and himself in. Why aren't the kids with Auntie/Gp's??

Old 07-16-2008, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCDRAW View Post
They may not be calling Brad a person of interest but they sure are acting like he is. I wish for their girls sake that he was innocent. It's not looking like it right now. Their families are in my prayers especially those little girls.
Agreed, MCDRAW.....they sure are acting like he is.
And ditto.....so hoping for the girls' (and family's) sake that he is innocent - but it's not looking good!
Old 07-16-2008, 10:17 AM

Unhappy

Quote:
I think it is probably like playing golf with your husband- he would probably rather play with the guys. I wonder if Nancy was always into running or if she started this as a common interest to share with Brad, since running is is obvious passion. Did they meet through running or in college? I guess none of that matters now.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Maybe one ran while the other watched the girls.

I was kind of referring to the websites he was on. It seemed like it was HIS thing - not something he did with his wife. Otherwise, I would think he would have mentioned her once in a while.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:19 AM

Quote:
I am also praying for the girls sake he is innocent. Remember Jennifer Wilbanks..the runaway bride? We had her fiance pegged...lawyered right up, refused LDT, we had him sitting in the electric chair the first day..see how that one turned out?

We all assume it's him because it makes the most sense right now, and we are prolly right.

Here's my problem...I wish Nancy's family would get those kids from him...if he did do this, he is NOT in his right mind right now, he could surely lose it and do the kids and himself in. Why aren't the kids with Auntie/Gp's??

I would think that they can't take the girls from him unless he is arrested. But I thought I read where he was staying with some friends. So hopefully if the girls need protecting, someone will be there to do so. I really think if he killed her it was in the heat of the moment. But I could be wrong.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:20 AM

In the comment section under the story on wral.com someone mentions the wesite websleuths.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:21 AM

Quote:
I was kind of referring to the websites he was on. It seemed like it was HIS thing - not something he did with his wife. Otherwise, I would think he would have mentioned her once in a while.

Oh, I'm sorry I misunderstood. I think your right in regard to the websites.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:26 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
I would think that they can't take the girls from him unless he is arrested. But I thought I read where he was staying with some friends. So hopefully if the girls need protecting, someone will be there to do so. I really think if he killed her it was in the heat of the moment. But I could be wrong.
I agree, thus his not thought out efforts to cover the evidence.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:29 AM
Retired WS Staff

Quote:
I really think if he killed her it was in the heat of the moment. But I could be wrong.
I agree, if he did it, it was as you state. BUT, my point is..imagine how he must feel now, if he just lost it, killed his wife, they are closing in....he could go off the deep end and end his own life, I just hope he doesn't hurt those kids.

Old 07-16-2008, 10:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
I agree, if he did it, it was as you state. BUT, my point is..imagine how he must feel now, if he just lost it, killed his wife, they are closing in....he could go off the deep end and end his own life, I just hope he doesn't hurt those kids.
I completely agree and posted upthread I believe the video of him at the store is enough to prove that he left them home alone, or at least start the allegation investigation. I dont care if he is being followed- it is not enough. Im wondering if the family has the kids more than LE is saying.
If not they are gambling on a guy that has nothing to lose- very dangerous, imo. Praying.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:36 AM

Quote:

I agree desperate people do desperate things. I hope the girls are being protected just in case.
Closed Thread