Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > Nancy Cooper

Notices

Nancy Cooper Found murdered after being reported missing while on a morning jog

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthera View Post
I'm thinking about them too and what they can understand at age 4 & 2, and I don't envy Nancy's family at all right now.
The older one will probably understand, and if she isn't told, she's going to think she's been abandoned. She's used to being with her mom every day, all day, apparently. The little one won't understand, and sadly, probably won't remember her mother. Remember little Blake, and how he "called' his mother on the cell phone? That broke my heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
Snow, I think if more grandparents were as savy and as determined as they were to protect the children...there would be more children taken away from the possible suspect in these cases. Because Nancy's father is astute in his field is the main reason they were able to get this done in short order. He knew exactly how to go about it and he did not waste any time. Other grandparents seem to wait for them to be arrested instead before filing court papers...then if they are never arrested...it goes back to why they didn't file immediately. See what I mean?
SS, Im not so sure though that many judges would take the children away form a biological parent...what I am saying mainly is this judge did his homework and listened carefully to Nancy's parents about the state of affairs at their home...I'm convinced there are alot of judges who would not have taken the kids away from Brad...even in light of everything we know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
.........and speaking of Scott Peterson...... check this out!
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/07/18/...ml#cnnSTCVideo
I've heard about prisoner's access to the internet in the past...look at David Berkowitz. There is something VERY wrong with this IMO.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:42 PM
always. SS~

Quote:
I'm thinking about them too and what they can understand at age 4 & 2, and I don't envy Nancy's family at all right now.
The four year old can comprehend her mother is gone and is not going to come back. They are more accepting of death than older children.

I never hesitated to include my other children when other deaths occurred in our family again. This has proven to be the right way to handle it. My son was allowed to help pick out his beloved grandfather's casket when he was only seven years old. It was important to him and he asked to be included.

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:44 PM

SS, I will agree with you 110% that Nancy's parents are very savy and very dignified and have handled themselves very well in all of this. I salute them and give them the utmost respect. They are truly wonderful and intellignet people. The citizens of Cary I am sure have fallen in love with them. And with Nancy's brother being LE, they would tend to know way more than the average joe about the in's and out's of the judicial system.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:45 PM

Quote:
.........and speaking of Scott Peterson...... check this out!
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/07/18/...ml#cnnSTCVideo
Isn't Laci's Mom a gracious person!
Old 07-18-2008, 09:47 PM
WS Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
I've heard about prisoner's access to the internet in the past...look at David Berkowitz. There is something VERY wrong with this IMO.
and Jet Duncan! He did the same thing... sent letters out and had people post them on his 'blog'.... sick freaks man
Old 07-18-2008, 09:48 PM
always. SS~

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrkat View Post
The older one will probably understand, and if she isn't told, she's going to think she's been abandoned. She's used to being with her mom every day, all day, apparently. The little one won't understand, and sadly, probably won't remember her mother. Remember little Blake, and how he "called' his mother on the cell phone? That broke my heart.
I agree. I think they handled Blake very well with his situation. As heartbreaking as it was, Patty allowed him to grieve with them. I also think of his bright smile while coming down the slide thanks to Patty and the family. Simply allowing Blake to talk about his mother was so important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowlover77 View Post
SS, I will agree with you 110% that Nancy's parents are very savy and very dignified and have handled themselves very well in all of this. I salute them and give them the utmost respect. They are truly wonderful and intellignet people. The citizens of Cary I am sure have fallen in love with them. And with Nancy's brother being LE, they would tend to know way more than the average joe about the in's and out's of the judicial system.
Wade Smith is the premier criminal defense attorney in NC.
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wudge View Post
TY TY

Does presumed innocent apply?
I was wondering when you'd show up! There are a few here that you'll get along with just swell! lol
Old 07-18-2008, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magister View Post
You mean like the one about the band of gypsies who could've camped on that desolate cul-de-sac? The ones who are on a cross-country murder spree with each victim looking like an isolated incident?
Magister,

(Great Name BTW... Teacher!)

Humm, maybe I should try to find an older model brown van with some carpet rolls in the back. His lawyers might be interested, especially if I can find a group of roving Hawiian devil worshipers to stock it with. Possible money making opportunity right there... gonna go check eBay... BRB.

CyberPro
Old 07-18-2008, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilly View Post
That's interesting! I was actually surprised that Brad didn't hire Tharrington-Smith. Seems like when people get into serious trouble (jason young and ann miller) they go with this firm.
I was wondering if Nancy had used this firm when she sought legal counsel and because of this, Brad was not able to because of conflict. Nancy's parents wouldn't have had that problem of course.
Maybe Nancy's family was smart enough to quickly hire the best firm in town so that Brad could not use that firm.

Susan
Retired WS Staff

Quote:
Oh yes, I'll never forget Blake and what he must have gone though being left alone in the house after seeing his mom 'in the rug' and maybe even her being killed. One positive note with Nancy's little girls, is they're going to be with her family and Nancy's twin sister ~ so they'll never forget what mom looked like. They'll be reminded of her every day!
WS Super Moderator

and you can just bet that BC is online seeing what people are saying about his past behavior as a husband and human being. Did everyone read the post from a 'friend' in Canada that said he never kept friends and that the people were not surprised or shocked and they figured he was capeable of something like this... It would be interesting to interview the ex~girlfriends. This poster stated that some ex~girlfriends were not surprised
Old 07-18-2008, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGIRecovered View Post
Maybe Nancy's family was smart enough to quickly hire the best firm in town so that Brad could not use that firm.

Susan

No. Brad went with the best in the state.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:55 PM
Retired WS Staff

Quote:
The four year old can comprehend her mother is gone and is not going to come back. They are more accepting of death than older children.

I never hesitated to include my other children when other deaths occurred in our family again. This has proven to be the right way to handle it. My son was allowed to help pick out his beloved grandfather's casket when he was only seven years old. It was important to him and he asked to be included.
I completely agree. The first family death I remember was my grandfather's brother passing away when I was around 10 y/o. My parents didn't think I should be taken out of school on the day of the funeral. I could never understand why and it's something I've never forgotten.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:56 PM
Retired WS Staff

Quote:
and you can just bet that BC is online seeing what people are saying about his past behavior as a husband and human being. Did everyone read the post from a 'friend' in Canada that said he never kept friends and that the people were not surprised or shocked and they figured he was capeable of something like this... It would be interesting to interview the ex~girlfriends. This poster stated that some ex~girlfriends were not surprised
I guess we won't be seeing them as 'defense' witnesses either.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:57 PM
always. SS~

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
I was wondering when you'd show up! There are a few here that you'll get along with just swell! lol
LOL When I see Wudge now...I know we are going to get scolded for something in defense of the person we believe to be "presumed guilty".

Old 07-18-2008, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Oh yes, I'll never forget Blake and what he must have gone though being left alone in the house after seeing his mom 'in the rug' and maybe even her being killed. One positive note with Nancy's little girls, is they're going to be with her family and Nancy's twin sister ~ so they'll never forget what mom looked like. They'll be reminded of her every day!
They'll be okay. It's sad for them, because they've really lost both parents. Even if he didn't kill his wife, there's something wrong with that man. I think that if he is cleared, he'll go on to living a single life and never look back. That's just how he comes across to me........ too selfish to share his life with anybody
Old 07-18-2008, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Yep, warrkat, I sure do remember that!

We watched that whole case unfold, piece by piece from the day Jessie went missing
Old 07-18-2008, 09:59 PM
always. SS~

Quote:
The poster's sn is Calgary123. He is very insightful into Brad's personality since he had lived with him at one time. I hope he comes back soon.

Old 07-18-2008, 10:00 PM

I wonder if the girls are calling their aunt "Krista Mom" because of how similar the sisters looked?? It seems as if they had been calling her that for some time now. ITA, there is only one mom...but these girls could likely be raised by her as their mom.

The identical twin angle just makes this case all the more poignant. I was curious how they answered that particular question at the pressor. I bet at times, it would be a blessing and at times it would be painful. What a tough situation.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:00 PM

Quote:
LOL When I see Wudge now...I know we are going to get scolded for something in defense of the person we believe to be "presumed guilty".
You do learn.

(smile)
Old 07-18-2008, 10:01 PM
always. SS~

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wudge View Post
You do learn.

(smile)
You don't have to whap me with that justice stick as hard this time, Wudge. LOL

Old 07-18-2008, 10:01 PM

Quote:
interesting! He just graduated. His suicide attempt was reported as being around that time. A little stress from his thesis perhaps LOL
Yes, I believe I saw in the custody papers that he threatened suicide in WINTER 08. I take that to mean between January and mid-March of this year. Interestingly enough right around the time they increased the equity line by 55K.

And I understand about the tax-value increases. However, they increased their equity line twice since they opened it. Originally it was 10K, then 24K, then the 77K. Sounds like they were probably using the money to be increasing it like that.
Closed Thread