Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old > Media Links/General Discussion/Rules and Stickies

Notices

Media Links/General Discussion/Rules and Stickies This forum contains early discussion threads and important stickied information. Members should stop in here daily for new announcements and important rules about this forum. This forum is not open for new topics at this time.

Old 07-28-2008, 11:13 AM

okay, help me out here.....i keep hearing that caylee lived with the grandparents - did the mother live there also? i have never heard that. IF they were living with the parents and then didn't show up for one day, two and then a week....where was she staying?

where is the boyfriend? was she with him? why hasn't he spoken out?

okay, we know the little girl lived with the parents and i'm assuming the mother did also.....did she get up everyday and "pretend" to go to work? did she "pretend" to drop the daughter to the nanny? i am SO confused.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:14 AM

Fox News (www.foxnews.com) - something about Mother GPA Video hmmm
Old 07-28-2008, 11:15 AM

Sorry I mean the Cable Channel not the website
Old 07-28-2008, 11:15 AM
Semper Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLbeachdawg View Post
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/

the sentinel has updated info
Thank you, and welcome to WS!
Old 07-28-2008, 11:18 AM
WS Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Openmyeyes View Post
Baez was interviewed live on the phone by Megan Kelley. He did say the shovel was borrowed before Caylee went missing and the neighbor only said "around this time". He also said there was a reason that Casey was telling everyone that Caylee was at the beach, at Universal, etc.

He maintained that everyone must remember that Casey is facing felony charges and possibly homicide charges. To me it doesn't sound like he is very confident that these potential homicide charges have no merit.

Typically he spewed that he doesn't want this case tried by the public before it goes to court. (paraphrasing).

Does anyone recall hearing Baez saying the potential homicide charges are ridiculous?

OME - Good morning all...
I don't recall him saying it was ridiculous but he sure has alluded to it enough imhoo.

Per what I bold~n~bigged above: Pure, hands~down spin! We have seen Casey's rudeness to her own family...imagine...do you think she is all sweetness and light with her attorney? I bet not! He is trying to spin a very grim situation. He also, as her defense, does not want to really know the truth and that is what sucks to me! It is a conflict of interest in finding this little girl.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:24 AM
I'm on the right track baby. I was "Born This Way"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLbeachdawg View Post
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/

the sentinel has updated info
Two other people are scheduled to visit Casey Anthony in jail in the coming days.

This is from the same link above.
What two other people I wonder....

Old 07-28-2008, 11:26 AM

feel free to ignore

I know that most all aspects of this case have been gone over many times here but different parts of it drive me crazy at different times. Right now it is that Casey's family seems so ready to swallow any crap this girl spews at them. She lies time and time again and they make excuses for her. Probably part of it is that they do want to keep the lines of communication open, but dang! When a helpless child is in extreme danger all bets should be off. Instead of pussyfooting around they need to ask pointed and repeated questions. A pathological liar will sidestep the truth at every turn. "Do you know where your child is", can be answered best as yes or no. An answer of "No I don't know where my child is right now , I wish I did", sounds so sincere and yet from a pathological liar can easily mean" I don't know exactly where she is at this moment because I dumped her body in the river, but I wish I did because I'd like to know if I am going to get caught." Thanks for letting me rant.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:27 AM
Lover of WS Peeps!

Hey everyone! Been reading up as I can at work. (tryin' not to get busted!) Anyway, thanks so much for all the info and updates! It is very much appreciated. Haven't posted on a message board since CourtTV changed to TruTV, but this case has me captivated.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swa View Post
Baez is smart... he's waiting for the toxicology reports to be reported. He's not going to have her talk to anyone until that happens.

If they come back positive -- Casey will probably admit it was an accident and that she panicked.

If they come back negative -- she will continue to stay silent.

I may not like Baez -- but it's part of the legal system -- and everyone has the right to a defense attorney -- even if they seem like they are dodging the truth.
i just wrote a long response agreeing with you (as your analysis is spot on). but then it kicked me off because the server was busy. and now im not typing it again. grumble!!!

basically, i dont know if she will talk one way or the other. she can only screw herself by trying to explain it all now. and without a body, something still needs to tie casey to caylee's actually death (which the prosecution will do through ample circumstantial evidence). but the defense would be smarter to not just concede this, let them prove it, and keep her from talking, since she apparently sucks at it.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:30 AM
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteangora View Post
Two other people are scheduled to visit Casey Anthony in jail in the coming days.

I know, its weird, she doesnt have a stefany in her myspace friends list from florida.. only one from ohio.
this could be william?
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=134960398
Old 07-28-2008, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil21 View Post
i just wrote a long response agreeing with you (as your analysis is spot on). but then it kicked me off because the server was busy. and now im not typing it again. grumble!!!
Because the board has done that a lot lately I have began to keep my word program open, type my message in it, and copy and paste it here. So in case the board messes up I still have what I wanted to say on my computer.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:33 AM
WS Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljim
nothing new in the FOX interview with baez, the only interesting thing was what elley mae pointed out.

he said the shovel borrowing incident happened while casey was still living at the granparents house.

to everything else he responded that it is not in his clients best interest to disclose many things at this time, but that he has spoken with her and there is a reasonable explanation for everything she has done/said.

That is a play on words if I ever heard one LOL.. Casey never "moved out" of the grandparents house! She was crashing with friends, ditching her parents car, and spending 45k of her grandparents credit. She HAD planned on moving in with Amy but obviously that never happened.

Also, that spurs another question to me... why steal blank checks and 700 dollars from a friend when you have already spent 45k on your parents credit cards??? WHAT WAS SHE SPENDING IT ON???? Some people live on less in a year!
Old 07-28-2008, 11:34 AM
The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember my name!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsmommy View Post
Pixie,

The way alot of us viewed that was that Casey was blowing her mom off for a month regarding letting her see Caylee, her mom we don't believe knew Caylee was missing, I think she meant, I've given you a month to let me see her, now I'm going to the police. Not sure, but it may give you a different perspective to view it like that
I'm with you pjsmommy!! I took it to mean, I've given you a month for me to see her and you keep putting me off with first one story and then another, now let me see her or I'm going to do something more drastic ( i.e. call the police ).

That's exactly how I took it.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:35 AM
On the road to Utopia

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteangora View Post

A new visitors log was released. Scheduled are William Walters and Stefany Kastakis.

Originally, when I read the log, I thought the dates were off. It shows Cindy and George scheduled for the 29th and the above 2 scheduled for August 3rd.

I'll go hunt up the link and post. I didn't realize people had to 'schedule' thier visits. Very interesting. I thought inmates had visitation times and if you didn't go during that time you were SOL. Seems this jurisdiction has a different policy.

OME
Old 07-28-2008, 11:36 AM

Casey has not only lied to her parents for years she has lied to her friends as well. I don't think a lot of people that knew Casey really KNEW Casey.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:37 AM

I have questions about a few things.

In many of the scenarios, Casey is in contact with a body multiple times, including riding around in a car stinking of human decomp.

TonE picks her up from the abandoned car, correct? Does HE not notice how bad she smells even if he doesn't get out of the car and smell the car itself? Where do they go so she can ostensibly take a shower, wash her hair, etc?
Old 07-28-2008, 11:37 AM

Morning all!

FOX did just say that GM and GF are going to visit tomorrow and that Lee was there this morning. The article from Orlando Sentinel says Lee was there and went "out the back way" - but did Lee actually see Casey this morning?
Old 07-28-2008, 11:38 AM
On the road to Utopia

Here's the link: http://www.wftv.com/index.html.

Under new visitation log. Log is now 2 pages.

OME
Fighting The Good Fight

Quote:
A new visitors log was released. Scheduled are William Walters and Stefany Kastakis.

Originally, when I read the log, I thought the dates were off. It shows Cindy and George scheduled for the 29th and the above 2 scheduled for August 3rd.

I'll go hunt up the link and post. I didn't realize people had to 'schedule' thier visits. Very interesting. I thought inmates had visitation times and if you didn't go during that time you were SOL. Seems this jurisdiction has a different policy.

OME
I didn't realize they have her on a visitation schedule like this either. That makes her very first visit from Patrick even more suspicious, IMO.

On a side note: Hey all you myspace friends of Casey! Set your profiles to public, please? lol..
Soft is the heart of a child: Do not harden it.
~Pamela Glenconner~

Quote:
Also, that spurs another question to me... why steal blank checks and 700 dollars from a friend when you have already spent 45k on your parents credit cards??? WHAT WAS SHE SPENDING IT ON???? Some people live on less in a year!
But wasnt it Cindy who said she ran up the cards? Another LIE? Maybe Cindy blamed a lot of the $45K on Casey to cover her own ass with her husband? By the way she was dressed when arrested I dont think it was on clothes and she really did not look like someone who had been high for days on end if you know what I mean, that pasty ghost looking gaunt look that people get from days of doping.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:39 AM

Quote:

OME
its actually stephany kostakis, the paper spelled it wrong, but that's how its spelled on the visitors log

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil21 View Post

basically, i dont know if she will talk one way or the other. she can only screw herself by trying to explain it all now. and without a body, something still needs to tie casey to caylee's actually death (which the prosecution will do through ample circumstantial evidence). but the defense would be smarter to not just concede this, let them prove it, and keep her from talking, since she apparently sucks at it.
Thanks for the comment.

If the toxicology reports come back positive -- that the dirt in the trunk matches dirt from the backyard, and that there was human decomposition in the trunk, that's probably enough circumstantial evidence to charge her with something. I've seen people charged with less than that.

First degree murder? No. That's why I have a feeling she will come up with another story about an "accident" -- which it probably was.

I don't think she meant to kill her daughter. She obviously played some role though in it though -- probably from neglect -- which kept her from calling 911 in the first place.
Fighting The Good Fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAG1959 View Post
Morning all!

FOX did just say that GM and GF are going to visit tomorrow and that Lee was there this morning. The article from Orlando Sentinel says Lee was there and went "out the back way" - but did Lee actually see Casey this morning?
It's reported that Lee did a 45 minute video visit with Casey this morning.
Soft is the heart of a child: Do not harden it.
~Pamela Glenconner~
Old 07-28-2008, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Not to be nit-picky but in case anyone does any searching, it's William Waters and Stefany Kostakis.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:40 AM

After the family's first phone conversation with Casey in jail, I have sinking feeling that the family went on "damage control". I think they realized that she is seeing everything and for her to ever talk, they must let her feel they are on her side and believe her.