Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old > Media Links/General Discussion/Rules and Stickies

Notices

Media Links/General Discussion/Rules and Stickies This forum contains early discussion threads and important stickied information. Members should stop in here daily for new announcements and important rules about this forum. This forum is not open for new topics at this time.

Old 07-29-2008, 03:02 PM
We can't help everyone, But everyone can help someone!

Caylee Anthony Missing 2 Year Old- General Discussion #26

Please continue here!
Old 07-29-2008, 03:05 PM

Anyone doing a daily recap thread?
Old 07-29-2008, 03:05 PM

Prayers and peace to the west coasters.....
Old 07-29-2008, 03:10 PM
Retired WS Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanie

What is the burn ban situation in Orlando right now? Lanie
There is a Ban on burning pretty much across the state of Florida. Although we are getting rain, we are still, at least in Bradenton, have water restriction to save water. So no open fires!

We all know burning a body doesn't work based on Maria Lauterback and so many others that tried.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:21 PM

The Orange County Sheriff's Office said Casey Anthony had a habit of stealing gas from the family but did not say the theft was not necessarily related to the missing child investigation, Local 6's Erick Weber said.

A grown woman has a habit of stealing gas...give me a break
Old 07-29-2008, 03:26 PM
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShouldBWorking View Post
The Orange County Sheriff's Office said Casey Anthony had a habit of stealing gas from the family but did not say the theft was not necessarily related to the missing child investigation, Local 6's Erick Weber said.

What? I wonder why George reported this incident to LE, if he suspected it might have been another lift by his light-fingered daughter.

Were they trying to smoke Casey out?
Old 07-29-2008, 03:28 PM
whiskey in a teacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShouldBWorking View Post

I really shouldn't....I'm trying to cut back. Well, okay, maybe just this one. And one for the road...

Heh. Wonder why they were so compelled to report it in the police report, then? Did these last few gallons just push them over the edge? Right.

Seems to me like they wouldn't call and report two cans of gas missing if they suspected it were Casey. What would they get out of it? Or if they DID suspect it was Casey, why not tell the officer?

Not buying it, personally.

"A true artist will always be open minded because that's their responsibility." - Lee Quinones
Old 07-29-2008, 03:34 PM

I am working on the daily recap. please bear with me
Old 07-29-2008, 03:36 PM
always. SS~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty G View Post
There is a Ban on burning pretty much across the state of Florida. Although we are getting rain, we are still, at least in Bradenton, have water restriction to save water. So no open fires!

We all know burning a body doesn't work based on Maria Lauterback and so many others that tried.
True, but she was a pregnant woman not a tiny child. However, you raise a good point about the burn ban there. (How do the transients in those camps stay warm at night and cook? I can't see them following the law in that respect.)

So looking in the Econ and for a burial site would be the way to go to search.

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:38 PM

yeah, remember the military guy in NC that attempted to bury and burn the girlfriend who was pregnant...that didn't turn out too well. I can only imagine there would be quite an odor trying to burn a body.

another thought....Casey told her mom she just felt that Caylee was close by...so in my book, she must be far, far away.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:39 PM
always. SS~

Is it just me or is everyone having a horrid time posting today?! Each post is taking several minutes to go through and then says it is a duplicate each time. GRRRR!

Old 07-29-2008, 03:40 PM
whiskey in a teacup

I know many people are grateful for you taking on that task!

You are a dear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybass0711 View Post

"A true artist will always be open minded because that's their responsibility." - Lee Quinones
Old 07-29-2008, 03:41 PM
Fighting The Good Fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeB View Post
What? I wonder why George reported this incident to LE, if he suspected it might have been another lift by his light-fingered daughter.

Were they trying to smoke Casey out?
Pure speculation but I think he may have reported it, especially assuming it was Casey, because they were very upset with her for not letting them see Caylee and for whatever transpired with the 3 of them over the last month, causing this entire commotion in the first place.

In a parental stance, I can see them completely fed up with her. The lies, the stealing, the partying, all the above set them over the edge and they finally said NO MORE!

This could very well be the guilt they are feeling now, and probably why they feel the need to "forgive" her.
Soft is the heart of a child: Do not harden it.
~Pamela Glenconner~
Old 07-29-2008, 03:43 PM
~TEAM CAYLEE~

I said this earlier and it was right before the hearing. Could Casey have poured the gasoline into the trunk to get rid of DNA or other evidence? Would gasoline ruin evidence?
Also, could she use the gasoline to try to "cover up" the smell of decomposition, but once it dissapated the decomposition smell came back, hence her having to leave the car. I think the break in report about the gasoline is a clue. Why else would they make it public? Maybe the stain in the trunk is in fact gasoline. If that is the case, hopefully they have OTHER evidence to get this woman!!!!!!!!!! She makes me wanna puke! JMO
Old 07-29-2008, 03:47 PM
whiskey in a teacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailiejade77 View Post
I said this earlier and it was right before the hearing. Could Casey have poured the gasoline into the trunk to get rid of DNA or other evidence? Would gasoline ruin evidence?
Also, could she use the gasoline to try to "cover up" the smell of decomposition, but once it dissapated the decomposition smell came back, hence her having to leave the car. I think the break in report about the gasoline is a clue. Why else would they make it public? Maybe the stain in the trunk is in fact gasoline. If that is the case, hopefully they have OTHER evidence to get this woman!!!!!!!!!! She makes me wanna puke! JMO
I think the car would have smelled of gasoline then, too.

I think she used the gas for transport, personally, but I don't really have anything to back that up. Just my personal feeling...

Maybe she took the body (if that were the case, not saying it is) to Jacksonville, and that's why she said she went there on "vacation", in case a witness spotted her/the car there. Maybe that's why she's also saying she feels Caylee is near home...so her family looks near home.

Who knows.

Old 07-29-2008, 03:48 PM
always. SS~

I have to disagree, MSW. I think she is close, but since she probably is not alive...as Casey claims...she thinks they won't find her. (Casey obviously isn't aware of TES.)

Caylee WILL be found. It is only a matter of time before searches begin in full swing to look for her (the sooner the better!). It would be great if LE would release the triangulation from June 24th - June 27th of Casey's cell phone so the searches can be narrowed down. I honestly don't understand why LE isn't conducting any searches on a large scale by now. Makes absolutely NO sense!

Old 07-29-2008, 03:49 PM
Oh my head!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
Is it just me or is everyone having a horrid time posting today?! Each post is taking several minutes to go through and then says it is a duplicate each time. GRRRR!
Same here! Awful!!!
Old 07-29-2008, 03:53 PM
Retired WS Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
How do the transients in those camps stay warm at night and cook?

It's 80 + degrees here at night. And during the winter months it's still warm enough especially in Orlando area and my area.

Believe it or not, most panhandle during the day and go to McDonalds, Kentucky Fried Chicken etc. Some have little gas burners, some go to shelters for their food.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:54 PM
All Little One's Are God's Little Angel's

Newbe here. I pray that gasoline was not used. I do beleive that it would not cover it up. Due to the fact at any arson crime I have watched, it does Not cover anything up.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailiejade77 View Post
She's not that smart she is just a thief
Old 07-29-2008, 03:56 PM

Here is something that has me concerned....

CINDY ANTHONY:
"I don't know. I mean, they had receipts that could have traced my daughter's last actions for the last month. They didn't want them. They didn't even want to go through any of her personal things. It's too late now, guys. I've already put her stuff away. So you know, I let it sit out in her bedroom for the last week-and-a-half, and no one's wanted to comb through any of the stuff that we took from the apartment."

Sooooo YOU go through them, tell volunteers the locations and THAT's what you rally people up to go search and help....IF this is truly the case. I WILL be on board for that search because it's a DEFINITE place to start!

So what do you guys make of this? I got this from a link on the previous thread that is from an interview with Cindy.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,393262,00.html
Old 07-29-2008, 03:56 PM
Retired WS Staff

I had did a shout out for someone to get a search going. There are many places that can be being searched. I hadn't been able to get back in here, site problems...

If just one person would step up, call out a time, place to go, we could just announce and hope people show. Maybe I shouldn't have asked for #'s...I just know there are so many of you here posting, get out there and find her!!! JMO

I saw this thread started since I left....going to look and see what's going on.

The Search for Caylee-Possible Physical Locations

Old 07-29-2008, 03:57 PM
Fighting The Good Fight

The gasoline was for either her car or someone else's vehicle, IMO. You've all noticed the gas prices during that time, right? lol...
Soft is the heart of a child: Do not harden it.
~Pamela Glenconner~
Old 07-29-2008, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybass0711 View Post

Just read it. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

"Annie Downing was to see casey last nite."
Who is Annie Downing??
Old 07-29-2008, 04:01 PM

Unrelated to today's hearing:

I wish LE could get "TonE" to show up at the jail for a visit -- and then break up with her on the spot. Since it seems like he is the only one she cares about, it would devastate her to say the least. This might push her over the edge . . .