Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
Jesse Grund
Thanks.. I should have figured that out, but it is getting late, and I have a date with my pillow. Husband needs a bright-eyed and cheerful care-taker in the morning!

The are so many ex-BFs, I do get confused!
Old 08-01-2008, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by passin_through View Post
I have a question, questions? At any rate something I can't get clear for myself.

1)The last date Tony saw Caylee was June 2nd when they went swimming, and apt folk recall seeing them at the pool too, correct?

2) The recent interview with Tony's roommate didn't he say Casey and Caylee had stayed with them until the 13th of June?

3) Wasn't Tony on vacation back home in NY July 2nd and arrived home July 5th, according to my space posts to Tony's sister?

4) Didn't Casey BBQ for Tony and Tony's roomate on July 4th?

What parts do I have wrong because obviously it doesn't all add up. If somebody could set me straight I would much appreciate it. TIA!
1,2,3 to the best of my knowledge are correct..#4 has been discussed and it was determined that it was "4th of July weekend" and that she couldn't wait to cook dinner for him when he returned which I assume happened July 5th (per MySpace comment to his sister).
BTW...it confused me as well to the discrepencies as far as who saw Caylee when (#1 and 2)
Old 08-01-2008, 11:19 PM

*grumble* why can't the news folk get those question posed when they have the interview? Thank you, RR
Old 08-01-2008, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
Thanks for your reply, Shina! For whatever reason, I can't play that phone call (I get a little red 'x'), but I will take your word that she does at least utter Caylee's name on the 16th (I checked and it is the 16th).

I'd like to know IF she says "Caylee's" name, at any later date(s), if anyone knows.

I'm trying to figure out the mind of Casey, and as most of us have found, you'd probably have to be to be able to do that.
As mentioned on tv tonight ( believe it was NG) and discussed here...the professionals say it's a method or way of her distancing herself...or disassociating herself from her child. The person they had on I believed mentioned "dissociative disorder"...but that can take so many forms so I can't say exactly what this "Dr." was referring to.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:02 AM

I have a suggestion for this particular thread.... Since this thread is specifically for questions that people want answered in a quick and simple manner, people really need to read what has already been said and if the question has been answered, leave it alone, don't type anything. There's no need to say, good question or I wondered the same thing, etc. Also, perhaps, the mods could delete all but the best, most efficient answer. I guess I see this thread as a great resource for information, but it's beginning to become a longish discussion thread.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:00 AM

Have any of Casey's friends declared themselves on WS? Is something like that ok or against the rules?
Old 08-02-2008, 08:13 AM

We have heard about Casey's friends....I have not heard anything about Casey's mom and dad's friends, brothers, sisters, neighbors etc....unless I missed it...
Old 08-02-2008, 08:35 AM

Well, I think it would be okay to say the nature of the connection (like we were friends in high school). Don't reveal your name or your address or anything like that. That is what is advised in the etiquette section, in the the rules forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by headndownstream View Post
Have any of Casey's friends declared themselves on WS? Is something like that ok or against the rules?
Old 08-02-2008, 09:29 AM
Retired WS Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoxx View Post
We have heard about Casey's friends....I have not heard anything about Casey's mom and dad's friends, brothers, sisters, neighbors etc....unless I missed it...
There was "one" neighbor/friend of Casey's parents that has been on TV and I think it was on Nancy Grace, but it could have been OTR and others as well.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:32 AM
Retired WS Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Bride View Post
In 1 of the jail phonecalls she does say Caylee, when she was saying her family was not supporting her, they just wanted Caylee back.

VB
And I think that was the last time Casey ever said Caylee's name again. Casey has been referencing Caylee as "she"!
Old 08-02-2008, 01:00 PM

Any more theories on the Bella Vida tattoo that Casey recently got? It seems a rather ominous thing to me.
Old 08-02-2008, 01:10 PM
No, Butthead is NOT here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
I read/heard somewhere today about a "scent detecting" machine being brought in or requested. Does anyone have reference to this. I can't remember where I heard about it...TV...forums or what.
I never heard of that? What is a scent detecting machine? I mean, by the name its obvious, duh, but I have never heard of one before. Has anyone else? I would imagine this would do the same job as scent detecting dogs? I wonder how it works? Im intrigued.
Old 08-02-2008, 01:12 PM
No, Butthead is NOT here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by red alert View Post
On Thursday 7/24 Orlando paper had a video of a visitor to Casey and he had to jog her memory by saying from middle school, high school. She was short with him and it seemed really did not recall who he was. My thought was it was his 5min of fame bit and a waste of time but wondered if the wannabe used up some of her allowed visiting time. I have seen posts here on thread 35 I think about 3 visits allowed "per week"-is that accurate and is it in total or per person (can Cindy visit 3x then Dad 3x etc or 3 total per week only ). If this person used up one of her visits I can see why she went to a "family only" mode.
I saw that on the news. I wonder who that guy was and why he was there? Other than, as you said, his 5 mins of fame.
Old 08-02-2008, 01:57 PM
Are You Ready?

Okay I know this has been answered but since this is a wonderful quick answer thread I am wondering:

After the visit on the 15th to see the great-grandfather, what happened once Cindy and Caylee left the care center. What time did they leave, where did they go? Where was Casey? When did the argument occur? I cant seem to understand the order of when Casey got Caylee back from grandma.

Thanx!
Old 08-02-2008, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeavisMom62 View Post
I never heard of that? What is a scent detecting machine? I mean, by the name its obvious, duh, but I have never heard of one before. Has anyone else? I would imagine this would do the same job as scent detecting dogs? I wonder how it works? Im intrigued.
This is a machine that is used to detect scents that a human nose can't. It can tell the chemical composition of material that it detects as well. Used in many fields. One such machine is the Cyranose 320. Google for more information. I was speculating that it may have been used to test the composition of the gas in the gas cans and the gas in the vehicle Casey used.
These machines are very precise. If a difference is noted in the gas in the cans and the gas in the car it could be said that the gas from the cans were never used to fuel the car but used for some other purpose. If you remember the EDTA (a preservative used in lab samples) was found to be in the socks O.J. Simpson was wearing. The defense was able to say that the blood must have been planted on the socks to have contained this preservative since we don't have EDTA in our blood naturally. Anyway, I thought they may be trying to get evidence that the gas was not used to fuel the car.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:02 AM
I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by headndownstream View Post
To my knowledge, no one posting here has declared to be a friend of Casey's or her family.

If someone else knows differently, please post!
Old 08-04-2008, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelfoo View Post
Okay
After the visit on the 15th to see the great-grandfather, what happened once Cindy and Caylee left the care center. What time did they leave, where did they go? Where was Casey? When did the argument occur? I cant seem to understand the order of when Casey got Caylee back from grandma.

Thanx!
I don't think any infomation on that day/night has been released..The only thing I have heard is GM saying she tucked Caylee into bed that night with Casey...and the door was closed...(per the bond hearing)
Doesn't mean there was not anything else that went on that day/night...but I don't think anything else has been said or reported about June 15th.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:05 AM

Does anyone know if the video conferences from the jail will be released?
Old 08-04-2008, 02:09 PM
LOOK I learned how to type a user title.

Anyone know what the custody arrangements might be "IF" Caylee is returned? IMO their has been a lot of neglect as per the safety of this child. I am not familiar with Floridas regs for CPS but I know that burden of proof is far less for family court than criminal court. I assume CPS is involved since "mom" does have neglect charges? Anyone have any wisdom?

Sorry forgot to add that IMO the GM and GP have not proven to be anymore responsible than Mom.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:27 PM

Also what about the 30 day bonding thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinaLite View Post
I don't think any infomation on that day/night has been released..The only thing I have heard is GM saying she tucked Caylee into bed that night with Casey...and the door was closed...(per the bond hearing)
Doesn't mean there was not anything else that went on that day/night...but I don't think anything else has been said or reported about June 15th.

Cindy says Casey left to bond with caylee after they had an argument about doing that.
So Casey then takes Caylee to?
With?
She did not move in with Tony till ?
I have not Googled Tony's apartment area has anyone?

#789UMCO unidentified found The victim was discovered on September 8, 2004 in the Flat Tops, White River National Forest, Garfield County, Colorado
Estimated Date of Death: No longer than 5 years prior to discovery he left a note to "LIB"
PLEASE HELP me find out who this unidentified person is so he can be buried rightfully near his family...

I DO NOT TOLERATE HARASSMENT...
Old 08-05-2008, 04:45 PM

Question

Just wondering if anyone knows whether or not John Walsh has commented on this case? I would be curious to hear what he has to say!
Old 08-05-2008, 04:59 PM

I have a question, I apologize if it has already been asked.

Where were grandparents when the shed was broken in to? Were they really on vacation or out for the day? What if they actually took Caylee somewhere and then came back and pretended that there was gas or something stolen.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:09 PM

Also, what about the cement? Somewhere I heard they resurfaced the patio. What if they purchased more cement materials then what was needed for the patio and used the patio for....
Old 08-05-2008, 11:13 PM
WS Administrator

bumping for Q&A
Old 08-05-2008, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisimage View Post
Also, what about the cement? Somewhere I heard they resurfaced the patio. What if they purchased more cement materials then what was needed for the patio and used the patio for....

The report on the cement has been reported as being incorrect per LE news conference. They had some pavers in the back but LE took those up during the search.
Closed Thread