Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-12-2008, 08:16 AM
Simplicity Simplicity is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 27
Alligators

Florida is full of lakes, bugs, snakes and alligators. Many weeks missing, this sick, twisted young mother could have fed her baby to the gators. The longer the investigators look without locating this child, I believe she did feed the baby to the gators.

I also believe that she's alienating herself from her family because she is not capable of emotions.

This woman killed her baby. No doubt in my mind. And, I don't buy the drowning theory. Although, she and her family would love for the investigators to conclude this as an accident. No way!



My heart does go out to her mother, father and brother. They apparently do have feelings and should be consoled instead of brutalized.

Last edited by CW; 08-12-2008 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Good post a little to hash...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-12-2008, 11:53 AM
Amy1976 Amy1976 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 10
I've thought of that too, but if she did that, Caylee would have had to be alive at the time, as gators do not feed on dead flesh...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-12-2008, 12:00 PM
Nemo Nemo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 62
When I went to Gatorland Zoo as a child, the gators were being fed dead chickens.
__________________
There is ABSOLUTELY something not right about all this! It has sent up red flags since day one.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-12-2008, 12:20 PM
SelmaClue SelmaClue is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
When I went to Gatorland Zoo as a child, the gators were being fed dead chickens.
Those were trained alligators.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-12-2008, 12:33 PM
QuickAttack QuickAttack is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 1,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy1976 View Post
I've thought of that too, but if she did that, Caylee would have had to be alive at the time, as gators do not feed on dead flesh...

I wish we could put this inaccuracy aside. It's been repeated many many times here.

Gators WILL eat dead flesh, carion of any kind.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-12-2008, 12:58 PM
SelmaClue SelmaClue is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickAttack View Post
I wish we could put this inaccuracy aside. It's been repeated many many times here.

Gators WILL eat dead flesh, carion of any kind.
I would be much more willing to discuss the method by which this beautiful baby met her demise if LE made it public that they have evidence that she no longer walks among us. Until they do, I'll bow out of this alligator (or other 'demise') topic now, because I really can't stand it but I couldn't help read it .......... because it was here. Ugh.

S
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-12-2008, 12:58 PM
Amy1976 Amy1976 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 10
I'm sorry if it seems innaccurate, maybe I should have made myself a little clearer. Alligators are not attracted to dead human flesh. I'm in no way trying to argue. They will eat dead chickens at the zoo, and they will eat rotted meat if they are hungry enough. But what attracts an alligator to its food in the first place is the movement. I am in no way trying to cause confusion, and pardon me if I stepped on any toes..As an animal lover and someone who has been in the animal business for years I just saw an opportunity to share a little bit of info that I thought may be helpful...Gators sometimes will eat whatever they find, but as a whole, they really aren't attracted to dead human flesh...Sorry if there was any confusion or misunderstandings..I would in no way want to hinder finding this little girl. P.S. Please take it easy on me, I'm just a newbie trying to be helpful.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-12-2008, 01:11 PM
impatientredhead's Avatar
impatientredhead impatientredhead is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Emerald City
Posts: 6,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy1976 View Post
I'm sorry if it seems innaccurate, maybe I should have made myself a little clearer. Alligators are not attracted to dead human flesh. I'm in no way trying to argue. They will eat dead chickens at the zoo, and they will eat rotted meat if they are hungry enough. But what attracts an alligator to its food in the first place is the movement. I am in no way trying to cause confusion, and pardon me if I stepped on any toes..As an animal lover and someone who has been in the animal business for years I just saw an opportunity to share a little bit of info that I thought may be helpful...Gators sometimes will eat whatever they find, but as a whole, they really aren't attracted to dead human flesh...Sorry if there was any confusion or misunderstandings..I would in no way want to hinder finding this little girl. P.S. Please take it easy on me, I'm just a newbie trying to be helpful.
http://www.allenpress.com/pdf/weme_16_303_119_124.pdf

* Eight other cases in Florida involved individuals who may have been dead
before the alligator attack.

In 2004 there 334 alligator attacks in Fl, 14 fatalties and 8 other cases where they believe the invidual was dead before the attack.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-12-2008, 01:19 PM
songline's Avatar
songline songline is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Manhattan, NY
Posts: 20,389
THE MORE I READ the More I get sick.
It never occurred to me to think alligators.....
But it never occurred to me that she can sit in a cell so calmly without helping find that baby.
Bipolar or not Bipolar BY NOW she herself should be wondering if the child is OK?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-12-2008, 01:29 PM
impatientredhead's Avatar
impatientredhead impatientredhead is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Emerald City
Posts: 6,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by songline View Post
THE MORE I READ the More I get sick.
It never occurred to me to think alligators.....
But it never occurred to me that she can sit in a cell so calmly without helping find that baby.
Bipolar or not Bipolar BY NOW she herself should be wondering if the child is OK?

Not if she already knows the outcome which she clearly does. Reading through her myspace postings in the other thread she barely misses a day, no sign anything is wrong, and is actively making plans for every Friday at Fusian, not just the 20th. It appears she was there the 27th, hosted the party for her boyfriend on the 4th, and I will have to recheck if she talked about the 11th. She is not wondering at any point where or how Caylee is.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-12-2008, 01:38 PM
Luzer's Avatar
Luzer Luzer is offline
Professional Cat Dodger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Miami FL
Posts: 556
Florida does not have alligators on every street corner, as it seems people are assuming. There might be one or two stray alligator sightings a month. I feel there would be more stray dogs than gators.

It makes more sense that total decomposition would have occurred by now. It would not take long with the summer heat and all of the bugs.
__________________
Tammie in Miami

Vini, Vidi, Velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-12-2008, 02:54 PM
LI_Mom's Avatar
LI_Mom LI_Mom is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 3,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzer View Post
Florida does not have alligators on every street corner, as it seems people are assuming. There might be one or two stray alligator sightings a month. I feel there would be more stray dogs than gators.

It makes more sense that total decomposition would have occurred by now. It would not take long with the summer heat and all of the bugs.

I assume "sightings" would mean finding an alligator somewhere it doesn't belong..... would an alligator at some body of water be reported?


Alligator Attack Database

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...77679.htmlpage
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-12-2008, 05:03 PM
Luzer's Avatar
Luzer Luzer is offline
Professional Cat Dodger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Miami FL
Posts: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI_Mom View Post
I assume "sightings" would mean finding an alligator somewhere it doesn't belong..... would an alligator at some body of water be reported?


Alligator Attack Database

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...77679.htmlpage
"Sightings" is a report that an alligator has been seen. When a gator has been reported in a residential area here in South Florida, a trapper is called in to catch the gator and transport it out of the area. They are not allowed to stay in the canals, man-made lakes, etc.

That was a cool link you found for the alligator attacks. Usually, the reports here in South Florida comes from a family pet being attacked.
__________________
Tammie in Miami

Vini, Vidi, Velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-07-2008, 05:58 AM
boogiebear's Avatar
boogiebear boogiebear is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Southern US
Posts: 241
Gross Alligator question

Since I am from the western part of NC, I have not seen or been around any alligator except at the zoo.
When alligator eat animals with large bones, do they digest the bones, or are they expelled with other wastes?
Thank you so much for your answers.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-07-2008, 07:43 AM
boogiebear's Avatar
boogiebear boogiebear is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Southern US
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogiebear View Post
Since I am from the western part of NC, I have not seen or been around any alligator except at the zoo.
When alligator eat animals with large bones, do they digest the bones, or are they expelled with other wastes?
Thank you so much for your answers.
Ok I will share what I have found so far.
Alligator can eat 23% of their body weight at one time. Imagine a 200 lb man eating 46 lbs. They do not like decomp, but will eat it if they are hungry, and in the wild they stay hungry, especially if they happen to be a big one.
Their digestion is 10 times stronger and faster than ours. To digest bone, which they can easily do, they have to go sun themselves, so they can "meditate" into a stage, where instead of sending out carbon dioxide out of their lungs, they divert it to their digestion where they can make a very strong acid out of it. If they can't relax and do this(impossible when they are moving about) then they cannot digest bone. The article did not say if the undigested bone is passed or held until it is digested eventually.
When the alligator does go poop, it is like bird poop. Poop is not just poop, but urination as well, and it all comes out the same hole, unlike mammals who have a hole for each process.
Anyone who wants to add something, or correct something, please do.

link to article where most of the information is located.

http://www.unews.utah.edu/p/?r=020408-1
An average American alligator is 800 lbs and 13 feet, and using the above formula it can eat 208lbs at a sitting.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-07-2008, 07:43 AM
Theonly1's Avatar
Theonly1 Theonly1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogiebear View Post
Since I am from the western part of NC, I have not seen or been around any alligator except at the zoo.
When alligator eat animals with large bones, do they digest the bones, or are they expelled with other wastes?
Thank you so much for your answers.
I'm not sure about that. But I wanted to share to WS that when we searched yesterday we saw gators. Gator "baby" (maybe 4 feet long?) was in a pond maybe about 70-100 feet away. We kept him eyeballed. Around the back end of the pond a searcher saw something big moving quick in the brush and we SCOOTED. No joke. We didn't go back in that area on foot.

And I was wrong when I posted (a million posts ago) that gators only eat live meat. Nope. Gators will eat dead things because I forgot that at Gatorland here in Orlando they certainly don't use live chickens to bait and feed the gators when audiences watch (can you imagine the trauma). Gators will eat dead things too (i.e., things they did not catch themselves).

T
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-07-2008, 07:50 AM
marlap's Avatar
marlap marlap is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,858
My feeling abd my hope is that if Casey were trying to get rid of Caylee's body, she would not venture for too long in a place with gators that nearby, especially if she were alone.

I hope so anyway. I hope she buried Caylee in some soft earth somewhere so the searchers will be able to find her.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-07-2008, 08:16 AM
GatorMom's Avatar
GatorMom GatorMom is offline
If you want something done right, get a couple of old broads to do it. -Bette Davis
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 32 Miles from the Orange County FL courthouse
Posts: 1,023
Alligators are carnivores. Young alligators eat insects, snails and other invertebrates, frogs and small fish. At a length of about six feet they begin to feed predominantly on fish, turtles, snakes, waterbirds, and small mammals. Larger alligators readily eat carrion and, in fact, may prefer it to fresh meat. They are basically opportunistic feeders and will eat almost anything, including such objects as sticks, stones, fishing lures and aluminum cans.

Source: http://agrigator.ifas.ufl.edu/gators/#feeding

During the Snott Peterson trial there was much discussion at my house about the best way to dispose of a body. Lake Jessup with it's remote areas around the shoreline would be my first choice. The alligators would not pass up a decomposing human body.

Sorry for the ick factor.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-07-2008, 08:19 AM
poco's Avatar
poco poco is offline
A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Flora-frickin-duh
Posts: 38,982
OMG, that is such a gross alligator question!!!!
__________________

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-07-2008, 08:20 AM
Law_girl41 Law_girl41 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,121
My sister went on an airboat tour yesterday and the tour/driver told them that they are extemely agitated this time over year with hurricane season. They Feed like a frenzy when a storms coming in - FEY!! for example. And that they have been know to even jump at or in the airboats when hungry. Now also the alligators down there will eat anything during nesting season. They are not that choosy. They were in the everglades and my sis took a pic of a 14 foot alligator that was coming at her car!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-07-2008, 08:21 AM
Law_girl41 Law_girl41 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by poco View Post
OMG, that is such a gross alligator question!!!!
You forgot to thank 'em for posting the question! You are forgetting your manners. LOL
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-07-2008, 08:22 AM
GatorMom's Avatar
GatorMom GatorMom is offline
If you want something done right, get a couple of old broads to do it. -Bette Davis
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 32 Miles from the Orange County FL courthouse
Posts: 1,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlap View Post
My feeling abd my hope is that if Casey were trying to get rid of Caylee's body, she would not venture for too long in a place with gators that nearby, especially if she were alone.

I hope so anyway. I hope she buried Caylee in some soft earth somewhere so the searchers will be able to find her.
Sorry, I meant to include this in my post above.

If you are in Florida and anywhere near a body of water (including drainage ditches by a road) you are near an alligator. To assume otherwise is potentially fatal. I don't even walk my dogs near the lake where my parents live; the one gator who I've seen is nearly 12 feet long and they like to snack on dogs. Where there is one gator, you can bank on there being more you have not seen.

CA would not have to be in a gator infested area for very long. All she would need is a few minutes to put the child in the shallow water and high tail it out of there. The gators would take care of the rest.

When they showed the area near the airport where the cell phone was used; I looked at my DH and said, "She threw her to the gators in one of those retention ponds." I still think that is how CA took care of disposing of the body.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-07-2008, 08:25 AM
manatee's Avatar
manatee manatee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theonly1 View Post
I'm not sure about that. But I wanted to share to WS that when we searched yesterday we saw gators. Gator "baby" (maybe 4 feet long?) was in a pond maybe about 70-100 feet away. We kept him eyeballed. Around the back end of the pond a searcher saw something big moving quick in the brush and we SCOOTED. No joke. We didn't go back in that area on foot.

And I was wrong when I posted (a million posts ago) that gators only eat live meat. Nope. Gators will eat dead things because I forgot that at Gatorland here in Orlando they certainly don't use live chickens to bait and feed the gators when audiences watch (can you imagine the trauma). Gators will eat dead things too (i.e., things they did not catch themselves).

T
theonly1,
do you know if landfills or transfer stations are beign searched/or going to be searched? I'm thinking Casey is too lazy to do anything but put Caylee in a large black plastic bag and dump her in dumpster...imagining no one is going to check every single black plastic bag. I would love to hear your thoughts on this and what the plans are for this.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-07-2008, 08:27 AM
Law_girl41 Law_girl41 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,121
This is one gator they caught near the Orlando Airport During the expantion phase, this one was hiding in one of those concrete pipes behind that man!!

HELLO!!


Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-07-2008, 08:28 AM
manatee's Avatar
manatee manatee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorMom View Post
Sorry, I meant to include this in my post above.

If you are in Florida and anywhere near a body of water (including drainage ditches by a road) you are near an alligator. To assume otherwise is potentially fatal. I don't even walk my dogs near the lake where my parents live; the one gator who I've seen is nearly 12 feet long and they like to snack on dogs. Where there is one gator, you can bank on there being more you have not seen.

CA would not have to be in a gator infested area for very long. All she would need is a few minutes to put the child in the shallow water and high tail it out of there. The gators would take care of the rest.

When they showed the area near the airport where the cell phone was used; I looked at my DH and said, "She threw her to the gators in one of those retention ponds." I still think that is how CA took care of disposing of the body.
Well, if this was her thinking...to feed her to gators...everyone around the orlando area knows LAKE JESSUP! Lake Jessup is where all the gators are taken tofrom other areas and dumped there. they are protected around here, so if there are too many gators in one area...they are trapped and dumped in lake jessup (Sanford area)...Anyone know if this area will be searched?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Naked Encounters with Alligators! southcitymom Bizarre and Off-Beat News 13 05-29-2008 11:55 AM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:00 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!