Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old > Media Links/General Discussion/Rules and Stickies

Notices

Media Links/General Discussion/Rules and Stickies This forum contains early discussion threads and important stickied information. Members should stop in here daily for new announcements and important rules about this forum. This forum is not open for new topics at this time.

Old 08-13-2008, 01:00 AM
WS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotdog View Post
well, looking to borrow sugar from a neighbor when your own kitchen and pantry have 4 pounds of it, is more suspicious i think

borrowing a shovel when your OWN shed is locked looks less supscious to me

but i hear ya.......i cant explain her crazy way of thinking
Maybe she should have borrowed a shovelful of sugar to cover all the bases.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:01 AM

She possibly used the shovel to loosen the pavers behind the playhouse or under the playhouse. Im not sure how the playhouse was sat on them or in front of them but I saw LE with them piled up behind the area where the playhouse seemed to have sat. It was moved when I saw it on the news. When I asked my men if you could use a borrowed shovel to break off a lock, they looked at me and said, well gee, why not borrow a bolt cutter instead? but then, now I see the reports seem to not really be saying that a padlock was or wasnt cut off so I dont know anymore either.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
Yes...I remember that name now...thought it was a weird sounding name...can she perform nursing duities inside one of their offices?
Well, they don't do health care in the office. The nurses go to the patients homes to care for them. The way I understand it, Cindy doesn't do hands-on patient care. She is a case manager, meaning she oversees paperwork, makes sure things are getting done according to Medicare guidelines, etc. Basically a desk job.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by liltigress View Post
I'd say, yes, Casey originally borrowed the shovel to dig with. Maybe her intentions were to bury Caylee but the effort was too much. Maybe she even thought about her dogs, and as morbid as it sounds, the thought might have crossed her mind that the dogs would dig up whatever was buried, so she changed her mind and used the shovel to break the shed open and get the gas cans instead.

I really hate my own thoughts sometimes.
Borrowed shovel on the 17th, per neighbor.

Backed car into the garage on the 18th, per neighbor.

Broke into the shed sometime between the 22nd and 24th, per George.

I don't think she used the shovel to break into the shed, if the above timeline is correct...and please correct me about that...I'm still trying to put it together.
Mommy of 1 and 1/2 kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbean View Post
maybe she should have borrowed a shovelful of sugar to cover all the bases.
lmao!!!
always. SS~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaks5 View Post
This part confuses me because she was still home until after fathers day.
Casey was home when she wasn't partying and it was "convenient" for her to be home. With Cindy and George both working it makes me wonder where Cindy THOUGHT Casey was leaving Caylee if she believed that Casey was working. Cindy would have wanted to know every last detail of that arrangement....which brings me to Holly. Someone like that would be a friend of the family and not just Casey's random friend. Cindy wouldn't allow it, imo.

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:03 AM
DON'T INSULT LAW ENFORCEMENT WITHOUT DUE PROCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
Sure...I'll go try to find it. BRB
Cindy may have phrased it that way but she cannot change Casey's story and sworn statement to LE, thus far Casey has not budged on Jun 9th. So Jun 9th it for Casey.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBean View Post
Maybe she should have borrowed a shovelful of sugar to cover all the bases.
yep
should have tried borrowing a soul
The Stars Do Not Lie..People Lie

Ok .. Out on a limb here but I am lurking 24/7 on here.. and most times I see someone else post what I am saying or asking behind the scene here.. Haven't heard if neighbor saw Caylee when borrowing shovel.. wouldn't Casey of taken her with her to neighbors?? I wouldnt of left a 3 yr alone .. and who takes the baby to sitters to just go to mom and dads to dig up bamboo?? further more why dig up bamboo if not living there with the baby??? One of the video's show le digging around some flowers.. also I hope I am not the only one who caught Cindy saying that Casey was the type to think ahead.. the what if's... example cindy gave was Casey had on her all the time an extra set of car keys in her pocket in case they got locked out of car.. Cindy saying she was just always thinking what could happen.. I am shocked at the statements these parents have made ... I haven't seen the other thing Gp said this week either.. last week it was getting thru the week to Caylee's bd. now he said something good is happening this week... ok sorry so long I am back to lurking now.. ss so long .
Old 08-13-2008, 01:04 AM
Fighting The Good Fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickAttack View Post
Borrowed shovel on the 17th, per neighbor.

Backed car into the garage on the 18th, per neighbor.

Broke into the shed sometime between the 22nd and 24th, per George.

I don't think she used the shovel to break into the shed, if the above timeline is correct...and please correct me about that...I'm still trying to put it together.
You're correct as far as I know. It was before we knew the exact date of the shovel borrowing that we speculated she may have used the shovel to break into the shed.
Soft is the heart of a child: Do not harden it.
~Pamela Glenconner~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaks5 View Post
This part confuses me because she was still home until after fathers day.
There are several references on the board but nothing I can link as an outside source that Casey actually left on the 9th and was out and about with friends. Speculation on whether Cindy had Caylee during this time, and then Casey comes home Father's Day weekend, the fight that the neighbor hears (over Casey being more interested in clubbing than mothering?) happens, next day her and Caylee leave, Caylee not seen again.

i gotta appologise as i was writing to the last message i could see 10 more poped up after i pressed post making my post out to look like whats this guy on..haha
<----The bravest little guy I've ever met.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickAttack View Post
So she came on on the 18th and borrowed a shovel to go to the back yard for less than an hour to dig up bamboo?

Yeah, that seems like something every 22-year-old party girl I know would do.

Well, the only other option id that she used it to bury it a body. that would take more than an hour. In my experience as a 22 year old party girl.
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tttterri View Post
She possibly used the shovel to loosen the pavers behind the playhouse or under the playhouse. Im not sure how the playhouse was sat on them or in front of them but I saw LE with them piled up behind the area where the playhouse seemed to have sat. It was moved when I saw it on the news. When I asked my men if you could use a borrowed shovel to break off a lock, they looked at me and said, well gee, why not borrow a bolt cutter instead? but then, now I see the reports seem to not really be saying that a padlock was or wasnt cut off so I dont know anymore either.
thats why I just asked about the pavers and the date they were put down........I thought somone said over the weekend of july 4th????

I just never understood this part of the story. I thought it was brought up in the bond hearing that they were behind in there mortgage........possible in forclosure????

Why would they spend money to work on the back yard? Is it possible that Casey did bury something........an outfit the child wore when she died? Blood on bed sheets?
Old 08-13-2008, 01:05 AM
WS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
Blink mentioned earlier on that there was a shovel seen in Cindy's garage during an interview or during a pan of their property. Strange that Casey had access to the garage area if George's account on the 24th is correct and she came in through that door. So if they kept one in garage, it makes no sense that she borrowed one anyway.

You may not be so far off about that "cup of sugar" thing and it popped into her head because of the locked shed. Interesting.
My question is: was Casey alone? If someone was with Casey and they didn't want the neighbor (that was working in the yard) to see them or see what they were doing, Casey may have gone for the shovel to get the neighbor away from the location where the neighbor could see what was happening in the Anthony yard? A diversion........

Salem

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaD View Post
Ok .. Out on a limb here but I am lurking 24/7 on here.. and most times I see someone else post what I am saying or asking behind the scene here.. Haven't heard if neighbor saw Caylee when borrowing shovel.. wouldn't Casey of taken her with her to neighbors?? I wouldnt of left a 3 yr alone .. and who takes the baby to sitters to just go to mom and dads to dig up bamboo?? further more why dig up bamboo if not living there with the baby??? One of the video's show le digging around some flowers.. also I hope I am not the only one who caught Cindy saying that Casey was the type to think ahead.. the what if's... example cindy gave was Casey had on her all the time an extra set of car keys in her pocket in case they got locked out of car.. Cindy saying she was just always thinking what could happen.. I am shocked at the statements these parents have made ... I haven't seen the other thing Gp said this week either.. last week it was getting thru the week to Caylee's bd. now he said something good is happening this week... ok sorry so long I am back to lurking now.. ss so long .

one would think she would have brought her daughter with her to neighbors
but i she was already dead -

so that explains that

i think

Maybe Casey used the borrowed shovel for some digging on the 17th, and then used the family shovel on the 22nd when she broke into the shed and also took gas. Two sets of digging. I still wonder about the wooded bamboo looking area that is directly behind the Anthony home.
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckDaFacts View Post
Cindy may have phrased it that way but she cannot change Casey's story and sworn statement to LE, thus far Casey has not budged on Jun 9th. So Jun 9th it for Casey.
But, tonight Baez said that Casey didn't make all those statements to police. The statements they released are wrong. WTH. Now we have imagistatements.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchLite View Post
Does anyone have or remember the date that the neighbors said the pavers were placed in the back yard?
Fourth of July weekend.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by impatientredhead View Post
She wasn't moving in with Tony. She planned to move in with Amy, plans were seemingly delayed (see myspace postings), Casey refers to the move in with the girls coming up, then she refers to not being able to wait to get Amy moved in (implying Casey is at the new place), and then there is discussion of Amy still not being there on the 24th, to which Casey says she hasn't been staying there for 9 days DRAAAMA, which puts us back on the 16th.

Casey was bouncing around while she was gone, and refers to Tony's place as her central location when talking to Lee on the phone. Tony tells the police that Casey moved in with Amy on the 9th.
I know that many, many threads ago, there was a theory discussed that maybe Amy was moving into Casey's parents' house. Did that idea get nixed?
Old 08-13-2008, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salem View Post
My question is: was Casey alone? If someone was with Casey and they didn't want the neighbor (that was working in the yard) to see them or see what they were doing, Casey may have gone for the shovel to get the neighbor away from the location where the neighbor could see what was happening in the Anthony yard? A diversion........

Salem

i think the neighbor is lucky that she didnt strike the neighbor in the head with the shovel and killed him

im serious

because, she might have blamed the neighbor for harming the baby and the mother of the year had to protect the baby
DON'T INSULT LAW ENFORCEMENT WITHOUT DUE PROCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
Casey was home when she wasn't partying and it was "convenient" for her to be home. With Cindy and George both working it makes me wonder where Cindy THOUGHT Casey was leaving Caylee if she believed that Casey was working. Cindy would have wanted to know every last detail of that arrangement....which brings me to Holly. Someone like that would be a friend of the family and not just Casey's random friend. Cindy wouldn't allow it, imo.
Casey was in and out of the house, if we call moving some where on her very own surely Cindy would have visited or you would think. The whole fact that she was at the house allegedly on the 24th getting a change of clothes speaks for itself. Now what about Stephanie? She had a picture of herself with Caylee taken a while back saying Holando on Jesus Ortiz's myspace page. Holando
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaD View Post

All EXCELLENT questions...for Cindy to think that anyone believed her excuse for the shovel is ludicrous. Don't go back to lurking...good post!
Old 08-13-2008, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBean View Post
Do you have the link to Cindy's testimony at the bond hearing? I can only find George.

I want to listen to her explantion about the date date change again. IIRC, she made it sound as though her date error and casey's date error were independent of one another. If true that makes it a really odd coinky dink that they both made the same date mistake. She talked about it at the very beginning of her testimony.
Here you go: http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/My...1&locale=EN-US
Old 08-13-2008, 01:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckDaFacts View Post
Yes but Check...during the 911 call Casey states "I haven't seen my daughter in 31 days" If you count back from the day of the 911 call 31 days brings you right back to June 16th....

As far as I know Cindy said the 9th because she associated that Sunday with Caylee to be during her vacation time.

It was only until LE pointed out that the video was taken on the 15th that Cindy realized her "misstatement" or whatever it is.