Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 11:45 AM
"Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie526 View Post
I really started this thread to discuss that Caylee is alive, not to argue with people who don't. You don't have to be in this thread if you don't believe as some of us do. It was the whole reason I created it.
I don't think the mods generally like threads that exclude people from the discussion. We saw that with Trenton Duckett's case.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:46 AM
Lifetime WS Non-Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabbykiki View Post
Good, I'm glad you're here for the right reasons. I think it would be wonderful if she was found alive. I'm sorry you resent being accused as such,but I never accused anyone in particular of being apart of the A family. I do think anyone whom would like to seem the least bit informed about this case should at least read through the documents LE released, as when they post and make statements they will be grounded in fact not defense theories. JMO though.

I'm outta here
I have read the 400+ pages of the docs and honestly I think those who were interviewed were very vague and not one suggested that CA killed Caylee. Quite the contrary, they suggested she was a good mother adn that she loved her little girl. Not one of them trashed her.
Another thing I noticed right away was that many of the interviews paralled one another making me think this may have been rehearsed. Just seemed like everyone knew what to say and what not to say.

Last edited by momtective; 09-06-2008 at 11:53 AM. Reason: inverted names
Old 09-06-2008, 11:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingDeb View Post
I don't think the mods generally like threads that exclude people from the discussion. We saw that with Trenton Duckett's case.
Thanks, I don't want to exclude anyone but I don't want people being attacked either. There are plenty of threads with different topics. I don't go into one's that I don't want to discuss.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:47 AM

Quote:
I am new to WS this year with this case so I was not prepared for people to come in and challenge me. I don't have proof that Caylee is alive; I just feel this way. I don't have to prove anything. I'm almost sorry I started this and for the folks that did join me with the right intentions, I'm sorry that this is turing out this way. I will continue here but I will not respond to negative comments.

I have to wonder why so many do not want this thread? What is the problem? There are other threads that are similar to each other trashing the Anthony family and/or casey and that seems to be ok? Why is that?

You're right, you don't have to prove anything here just as no one else has proven anything on any of the threads.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:47 AM
Live Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUR View Post
What hair evidence has been proven?
No way, no how is that "hair evidence" solid evidence!
Old 09-06-2008, 11:48 AM
Lifetime WS Non-Mod

The two interviews that disturbed me the most were Kiomarie and ZG. Kiomarie gave a second interview stating she had 2 friends named C and she made a mistake and confused the two. Doesn't this seem just a little strange.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sur View Post
i have to wonder why so many do not want this thread? What is the problem? There are other threads that are similar to each other trashing the anthony family and/or casey and that seems to be ok? Why is that?

You're right, you don't have to prove anything here just as no one else has proven anything on any of the threads.
thanks sur!
Old 09-06-2008, 11:49 AM

Quote:
What hair evidence has been proven?

The mere fact that there was hair in the trunk consistent with Caylee's will be brought in as evidence. They will even bring the pings from Casey's cell phones into court. Each item in itself will not be considered the "smoking gun" so to speak. They will use it all to tie the whole case together.

If you are set on focusing upon just the hair, even though my original question was just "evidence" in general, then why would they not bring the hair into court? Even as Casey's hair, it is evidence.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:51 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutomaticAuttie View Post
No way, no how is that "hair evidence" solid evidence!

Because it was leaked? What more could we ask for? Strange some people forget it has to be proven in court.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:51 AM
Justice for Janet Christiansen Abaroa!

Quote:
I am new to WS this year with this case so I was not prepared for people to come in and challenge me. I don't have proof that Caylee is alive; I just feel this way. I don't have to prove anything. I'm almost sorry I started this and for the folks that did join me with the right intentions, I'm sorry that this is turing out this way. I will continue here but I will not respond to negative comments.
Don't worry about it Katie....Yes, there will be people who will disagree with you and be nasty about it but for the majority, most here will respectfully disagree. Those that give you a hard time can be ignored....don't let it get you all defensive because some of us are pretty nice usually! I really don't get involved in drama here but I had to tell you that it seemed a little hostile here. I'd like to hear your opinions and why you think that Caylee is alive but I don't want to do it in a hostile environment. Ya know what I mean?

I'm glad you're here....and I'm glad you have HOPE. I don't and I could use some. You can't change my mind about Caylee but I'd love to hear your thoughts.

One more thing, there are a lot of posters here that have been here a while, posted a lot and know more about WS than I ever could....you don't have to listen to their opinions if you don't want to but you should listen to any advice they give you in regards to threads and that sort of thing. They are really helpful! Just IMO.

Now that we got that out of the way....I really am glad that there are posters on WS that believe Caylee to be alive. I wish I felt the same.

WHERE IS CAYLEE???
Old 09-06-2008, 11:52 AM
Intelligent User

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtective View Post
I have read the 400+ pages of the docs and honestly I think those who were interviewed were very vague and not one suggested that Caylee killed Casey. Quite the contrary, they suggested she was a good mother adn that she loved her little girl. Not one of them trashed her.
Another thing I noticed right away was that many of the interviews paralled one another making me think this may have been rehearsed. Just seemed like everyone knew what to say and what not to say.
Remember, the 400 pages released were only to support the current charges KC was facing - child neglect, etc. Even so, there are things in there that certainly contribute to her acting inappropriately for her daughter being missing, etc. which have lead me to believe she is likely a murderer.

Any evidence contained within them about possible murder were only released to support the original charges. LE has a lot of stuff we have no idea of...
Old 09-06-2008, 11:52 AM
Self Appointed Goddess

Quote:
Thanks, I don't want to exclude anyone but I don't want people being attacked either. There are plenty of threads with different topics. I don't go into one's that I don't want to discuss.
I think the point that several posters who have been here for a long time have tried gently to make is that every time someone starts a thread which is similar to many others that exist, it just wastes space and everybody's time. When something is not *NEW* or *breaking news* or *continuation of a forum* one should simply add their OPINIONS to a similar forum that already exists.
Some people come in and try to "rally the masses" to agree with an unpopular opinion, and if you do that you have to live with the fact that other people are going to disagree with you. Just as it is your constitutionally protected right to have an opinion, other posters here have the same right to theirs.
You should review forum etiquette and TOS before starting a new thread since you are so new.

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Everything I post is my opinion only, but it is both my God given and Constitutionally protected right to do so!
Old 09-06-2008, 11:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
Don't worry about it Katie....Yes, there will be people who will disagree with you and be nasty about it but for the majority, most here will respectfully disagree. Those that give you a hard time can be ignored....don't let it get you all defensive because some of us are pretty nice usually! I really don't get involved in drama here but I had to tell you that it seemed a little hostile here. I'd like to hear your opinions and why you think that Caylee is alive but I don't want to do it in a hostile environment. Ya know what I mean?

I'm glad you're here....and I'm glad you have HOPE. I don't and I could use some. You can't change my mind about Caylee but I'd love to hear your thoughts.

One more thing, there are a lot of posters here that have been here a while, posted a lot and know more about WS than I ever could....you don't have to listen to their opinions if you don't want to but you should listen to any advice they give you in regards to threads and that sort of thing. They are really helpful! Just IMO.

Now that we got that out of the way....I really am glad that there are posters on WS that believe Caylee to be alive. I wish I felt the same.

Thank you for your kind words. I respect people on WS and there are so many nice people here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb6656 View Post
The mere fact that there was hair in the trunk consistent with Caylee's will be brought in as evidence. They will even bring the pings from Casey's cell phones into court. Each item in itself will not be considered the "smoking gun" so to speak. They will use it all to tie the whole case together.

If you are set on focusing upon just the hair, even though my original question was just "evidence" in general, then why would they not bring the hair into court? Even as Casey's hair, it is evidence.
Brought into as evidnce yes if leak is true BUT it ALSO has to be PROVEN. Each leak has to be proven to tie anything.

I'm on the fence. When I look at Casey, I don't see a murderer. The photos that came out with her in the clubs dancing while Caylee was supposedly missing really make me think that Casey knows Caylee is OK and in good hands.

Casey may be a lot of things, but I don't see her as a cold-blooded killer. Because you have two options to believe; she is either a brutal killer of her own daughter or she is innocent. There really is no gray area here. For those of you that think this was an accidental death, I really don't think it's possible. If it were truly an accident, I believe she would have called 911 AND would have been grieving. So in my book accidental death is ruled out, which leaves me once again with the two options: premeditated murder or innocent.

To me the evidence is sketchy at best. The decomp smell is the only thing that I think is believable, and let's face it, that is not reason enough to believe that CAYLEE is deceased. After doing more research on Hair Evidence, I'm even less convinced than ever before about the supposed "hair sample."

Here is a brief abstract from The Journal of Forensic Sciences:

http://www.astm.org/JOURNALS/FORENSIC/PAGES/3575.htm

And here are the Standards and Guidelines from the FBI lab:

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/lab/fsc/backis...tandards02.htm

(long read, but really worth it to understand how this all works)

Other than that, there is just a lot of circumstantial evidence. I believe innocent until proven guilty. What scares me is this lynch mob mentality that I see so often, and like a previous poster mentioned, there are so many innocent people sitting in jail cells right now.

To be completely honest, I get a little sick to my stomach that some people have completely written her off already, writing R.I.P Caylee, etc. It's almost like they can't wait to find a dead Caylee just to be proven right.

This is all my opinion, and while it may not be popular, please respect it. I will not debate my stand on this case, as I don't go to the other threads and interject my opinions there. If you believe Caylee is dead, this is probably not the thread for you.

I have gone back and forth so many times on this case, and am more and more thinking Caylee is still alive. I don't believe the "Zanny the Nanny" story, but I think there is obviously more to this case than the public knows and am holding judgement until definite evidence from a LE spokesperson is made public and/or Casey is arrested for killing her daughter.

"Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities." - Voltaire

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Sagan
Old 09-06-2008, 11:55 AM
The artist formerly known as 'Absolut'

Quote:
I have to wonder why so many do not want this thread? What is the problem? There are other threads that are similar to each other trashing the Anthony family and/or casey and that seems to be ok? Why is that?

But what backs up these "feelings" in this thread? Where is there any statements that show Caylee to be alive or seen by anyone after June 16th. Where is any article, interview or theory that puts Caylee in the hands of another that doesn't originate from a pathological liar? No has to believe anything in any of the threads, but at websleuths we build theories on what is presented via LE, the media, or our own sleuthing, how has this thread contributed to that to state a case that Caylee is alive? Also believing Caylee is dead doesn't make Casey a murderer either.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:56 AM
Self Appointed Goddess

Quote:

People have tried to say, VETERAN people who have been here for a LONG time, that is not proper "forum etiquette" to start a NEW THREAD when others exist on the same/similar topic, particularly when said thread is merely a poster's OPINION. WHEN NEWS BREAKS and people get excited, you may see 2 or 3 topics pop up under different threads but the mods do their best to merge them. This case is going to be long, and it makes it rough when you have to page through threads of "Casey's still alive, I just know it" to get to the real, concrete, goings on of this case.

Everything I post is my opinion only, but it is both my God given and Constitutionally protected right to do so!
Old 09-06-2008, 11:56 AM
Lifetime WS Non-Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama-cita View Post
I think the point that several posters who have been here for a long time have tried gently to make is that every time someone starts a thread which is similar to many others that exist, it just wastes space and everybody's time. When something is not *NEW* or *breaking news* or *continuation of a forum* one should simply add their OPINIONS to a similar forum that already exists.
Some people come in and try to "rally the masses" to agree with an unpopular opinion, and if you do that you have to live with the fact that other people are going to disagree with you. Just as it is your constitutionally protected right to have an opinion, other posters here have the same right to theirs.
You should review forum etiquette and TOS before starting a new thread since you are so new.
Directions to the other thread plz and we can take the conversation over there.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Bring it on down to Omelette-ville-ahhh!

Quote:
Body in the trunk has not been proven. Leaks are not proof.
actually, the fact that there was a body in the trunk has been proven.

although it is likely, it has yet to be proven that the body is that of caylee's.

there's a difference.

just because you always think someone is hiding in the bushes, doesn't mean that they're not.

You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark

You're out of the night
Step into the sun, step into the light.

Just stop it, Casey.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centaurus View Post
I'm on the fence. When I look at Casey, I don't see a murderer. The photos that came out with her in the clubs dancing while Caylee was supposedly missing really make me think that Casey knows Caylee is OK and in good hands.

Casey may be a lot of things, but I don't see her as a cold-blooded killer. Because you have two options to believe; she is either a brutal killer of her own daughter or she is innocent. There really is no gray area here. For those of you that think this was an accidental death, I really don't think it's possible. If it were truly an accident, I believe she would have called 911 AND would have been grieving. So in my book accidental death is ruled out, which leaves me once again with the two options: premeditated murder or innocent.

To me the evidence is sketchy at best. The decomp smell is the only thing that I think is believable, and let's face it, that is not reason enough to believe that CAYLEE is deceased. After doing more research on Hair Evidence, I'm even less convinced than ever before about the supposed "hair sample."

Here is a brief abstract from The Journal of Forensic Sciences:

http://www.astm.org/JOURNALS/FORENSIC/PAGES/3575.htm

And here are the Standards and Guidelines from the FBI lab:

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/lab/fsc/backis...tandards02.htm

(long read, but really worth it to understand how this all works)

Other than that, there is just a lot of circumstantial evidence. I believe innocent until proven guilty. What scares me is this lynch mob mentality that I see so often, and like a previous poster mentioned, there are so many innocent people sitting in jail cells right now.

To be completely honest, I get a little sick to my stomach that some people have completely written her off already, writing R.I.P Caylee, etc. It's almost like they can't wait to find a dead Caylee just to be proven right.

This is all my opinion, and while it may not be popular, please respect it. I will not debate my stand on this case, as I don't go to the other threads and interject my opinions there. If you believe Caylee is dead, this is probably not the thread for you.

I have gone back and forth so many times on this case, and am more and more thinking Caylee is still alive. I don't believe the "Zanny the Nanny" story, but I think there is obviously more to this case than the public knows and am holding judgement until definite evidence from a LE spokesperson is made public and/or Casey is arrested for killing her daughter.
Great Post, my feelings as well. I don't see a killer when I see Casey. Personally, regardless of her actions, she would have broken down by now. Only a serial killer has no emotions for eternity.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Brought into as evidnce yes if leak is true BUT it ALSO has to be PROVEN. Each leak has to be proven to tie anything.
I realize I am new here. My question was about the statement: it's not evidence until submitted to the court.

It will all be brought into court as evidence whether it was leaked or not. Why would it have to be leaked?
Old 09-06-2008, 11:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolut View Post
But what backs up these "feelings" in this thread? Where is there any statements that show Caylee to be alive or seen by anyone after June 16th. Where is any article, interview or theory that puts Caylee in the hands of another that doesn't originate from a pathological liar? No has to believe anything in any of the threads, but at websleuths we build theories on what is presented via LE, the media, or our own sleuthing, how has this thread contributed to that to state a case that Caylee is alive? Also believing Caylee is dead doesn't make Casey a murderer either.
We are not required to have back-up.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:59 AM
Self Appointed Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtective View Post
Directions to the other thread plz and we can take the conversation over there.
Well, as JBean tried to direct you several hours ago to do a forum search for "alive" that should take you to any of the threads in this forum on that topic.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Great Post, my feelings as well. I don't see a killer when I see Casey. Personally, regardless of her actions, she would have broken down by now. Only a serial killer has no emotions for eternity.
Scott Peterson has shown no emotion regarding Lacey and his baby. He wasn't a serial killer.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb6656 View Post
Scott Peterson has shown no emotion regarding Lacey and his baby. He wasn't a serial killer.
Okay, I agree on that.
Closed Thread