Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old > Media Links/General Discussion/Rules and Stickies

Notices

Media Links/General Discussion/Rules and Stickies This forum contains early discussion threads and important stickied information. Members should stop in here daily for new announcements and important rules about this forum. This forum is not open for new topics at this time.


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-17-2008, 01:43 PM
christine2448's Avatar
christine2448 christine2448 is offline
Retired WS Staff
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 10,537
Caylee Anthony 3 year old General discussion #98

Continue general discussions here.
__________________

  #2  
Old 08-17-2008, 02:03 PM
FloridaKatz FloridaKatz is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 1,638
For all those living in Florida, I would like to send "Safe Wishes" to you as we prepare for this hurricane. I would also like to offer up a prayer that if Caylee is alive, that wherever she is, she will be safe and sound through this storm.
  #3  
Old 08-17-2008, 02:10 PM
sleuthmommy's Avatar
sleuthmommy sleuthmommy is offline
Learning as I go
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC
Posts: 1,085
Definitely wishing all of those living in FL to stay safe through Fay.
  #4  
Old 08-17-2008, 02:15 PM
panthera's Avatar
panthera panthera is offline
Retired WS Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: on the prowl
Posts: 25,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKatz View Post
For all those living in Florida, I would like to send "Safe Wishes" to you as we prepare for this hurricane. I would also like to offer up a prayer that if Caylee is alive, that wherever she is, she will be safe and sound through this storm.
And I'm praying it stays clear of the Orlando area so that no potential, as yet unfound, evidence is disturbed.
  #5  
Old 08-17-2008, 02:16 PM
newuser newuser is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Southeast
Posts: 277
Is it remotely possible that Caylee was "taken" from Casey on June 16th? Maybe for some unpaid debt or some other kind of leverage? Could that be why the flurry of phone calls that day? Someone took her and Casey thought she'd call her family and get help. Then, not reaching anyone, she had time to think and decided it would look better for her if she just claimed kidnapping. That would explain the Anthony's saying she is in danger if they spill the beans. I just think there might be tiny bits of every lie that is based around some true detail. For instance, she said she worked at Universal. She didn't, so that was a lie, but she did work there a couple of years ago, so there is a hint of truth to what she says.
  #6  
Old 08-17-2008, 02:18 PM
MsJoni's Avatar
MsJoni MsJoni is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NJ
Posts: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthera View Post
And I'm praying it stays clear of the Orlando area so that no potential, as yet unfound, evidence is disturbed.
Florida also has my prayers for the hurricane, on another note.. wasn't Lacy and her baby washed ashore after a storm?
__________________
  #7  
Old 08-17-2008, 02:25 PM
lawlady84 lawlady84 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,192
Wait did we talk about the pink backback and BIG BLACK DUFFEL BAG found in the woods?

link: http://www.josephsjordan.com/caylee/Pink%20Backpack.jpg
  #8  
Old 08-17-2008, 02:27 PM
TheWoman TheWoman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 16
Intervals

First time poster, love the boards!

Has anyone else noticed that things seem to happen in 6-7 day intervals, in this case? I may just be noticing selectively, but what comes to mind is this:

2nd - Last day Tony said he saw Caylee
9th - Initial "last day" Casey claimed to have seen her
15th/16th - Actual last day Caylee can be accounted for
-----

Then, starting on the 17th, the 7-day span starting day changes, but still stays at around 6-7 days:

17th - Shovel/backing into garage
24th - Gas can theft
30th - Car is towed [okay, this really isn't within their control, so I know it doesn't technically count]
July 6/7 - Anything here? I have lost track now
July 15th - Gma calls 911

May be a kooky theory, but does anything happen in intervals like that, which might explain? Perhaps a weekend drinking binges followed by "manic Mondays" in which bad decisions were made... something? If this theory has already been posited, please ignore - it's a lot of info to wade through!
  #9  
Old 08-17-2008, 02:34 PM
technicalconfusion's Avatar
technicalconfusion technicalconfusion is offline
Curses! Foiled Again!
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Azeroth
Posts: 2,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthera View Post
And I'm praying it stays clear of the Orlando area so that no potential, as yet unfound, evidence is disturbed.
I'm hoping it fizzles over Cuba.
__________________
Faxing death threats to a location near you!
  #10  
Old 08-17-2008, 02:35 PM
panthera's Avatar
panthera panthera is offline
Retired WS Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: on the prowl
Posts: 25,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsJoni View Post
Florida also has my prayers for the hurricane, on another note.. wasn't Lacy and her baby washed ashore after a storm?
Nothing like a hurricane though!
  #11  
Old 08-17-2008, 02:38 PM
pregodego2 pregodego2 is offline
beans beans, they're good for your heart
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vegas...is it showing?
Posts: 407
This is from a little while ago, but i didn't have posting access yet when i read it and researched it.

There was a guy on Casey's page, he was from New York. Im almost positive that she wrote him while Caylee was missing and commented "i will call you soon". I found the song on his page a little odd considering the situation now happening and i looked up the words. It was quite disturbing considering the case at hand.

Now that casey's myspace is private, i can't find the guy's page anymore. Anyone know who and what im talking about or have a link to his page - his isn't private.
  #12  
Old 08-17-2008, 02:41 PM
pregodego2 pregodego2 is offline
beans beans, they're good for your heart
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vegas...is it showing?
Posts: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawlady84 View Post
Wait did we talk about the pink backback and BIG BLACK DUFFEL BAG found in the woods?

link: http://www.josephsjordan.com/caylee/Pink%20Backpack.jpg
It's been getting discussed in a few different threads. IIRC, seems some sleuthers are the ones that found this and called LE. The news said the police are taking it skeptically as they don't feel it is connected to the case. Im sure, either way, they want to take it all in and test it for anything. It could end up being a whole other case.
  #13  
Old 08-17-2008, 02:45 PM
donnam's Avatar
donnam donnam is offline
Jersey Girl
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: I am a lifelong resident of the beautful Jersey Shore.
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by newuser View Post
Is it remotely possible that Caylee was "taken" from Casey on June 16th? Maybe for some unpaid debt or some other kind of leverage? Could that be why the flurry of phone calls that day? Someone took her and Casey thought she'd call her family and get help. Then, not reaching anyone, she had time to think and decided it would look better for her if she just claimed kidnapping. That would explain the Anthony's saying she is in danger if they spill the beans. I just think there might be tiny bits of every lie that is based around some true detail. For instance, she said she worked at Universal. She didn't, so that was a lie, but she did work there a couple of years ago, so there is a hint of truth to what she says.
I would like to believe such a scenario, but I keep going back to one thing.
The cadaver dogs.
  #14  
Old 08-17-2008, 02:48 PM
panthera's Avatar
panthera panthera is offline
Retired WS Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: on the prowl
Posts: 25,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by newuser View Post
Is it remotely possible that Caylee was "taken" from Casey on June 16th? Maybe for some unpaid debt or some other kind of leverage? Could that be why the flurry of phone calls that day? Someone took her and Casey thought she'd call her family and get help. Then, not reaching anyone, she had time to think and decided it would look better for her if she just claimed kidnapping. That would explain the Anthony's saying she is in danger if they spill the beans. I just think there might be tiny bits of every lie that is based around some true detail. For instance, she said she worked at Universal. She didn't, so that was a lie, but she did work there a couple of years ago, so there is a hint of truth to what she says.
I too think there's a little bit of truth in the lies, but sadly I don't think Caylee is alive. As for the Anthony's saying she's in danger, that could have come from Casey and not be the truth. Maybe there is some truth though in "Zanny took Caylee" with "Zanny" not being a person but the street-name for a drug. MOO
  #15  
Old 08-17-2008, 02:50 PM
TheWoman TheWoman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 16
I agree, Panthera - I was wondering why nobody was looking more closely at "the beach", given that so much of the other stuff contains a kernel of truth, and she said Zanny took Caylee to the beach.
  #16  
Old 08-17-2008, 02:53 PM
robotdog robotdog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,220
grandparents must really be looking forward to the daughter coming home

the same daughter that has told multiple lies concerning the whereabouts of their grandaughter


hmmmmmm...yea really must be nice
the same daughter than WONT TELL THEM THE FREAKING TRUTH


maybe they can all go looking for a shovel at the local hardware store so she wont have to borrow the neighbors

im so confident that she wont be let out of jail i will eat my FRONT DOOR
if she is released
  #17  
Old 08-17-2008, 02:56 PM
panthera's Avatar
panthera panthera is offline
Retired WS Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: on the prowl
Posts: 25,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWoman View Post
I agree, Panthera - I was wondering why nobody was looking more closely at "the beach", given that so much of the other stuff contains a kernel of truth, and she said Zanny took Caylee to the beach.
Yes, another good point. Caylee might actually be in a location where "Zanny" (the person) supposedly took her, like the beach. For some reason, it just seems there's something of truth to what she's said, if "Zanny" is thought of as something other than a person. MOO
  #18  
Old 08-17-2008, 03:06 PM
ketel0ne ketel0ne is offline
The artist formerly known as 'Absolut'
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by robotdog View Post
grandparents must really be looking forward to the daughter coming home

the same daughter that has told multiple lies concerning the whereabouts of their grandaughter


hmmmmmm...yea really must be nice
the same daughter than WONT TELL THEM THE FREAKING TRUTH


maybe they can all go looking for a shovel at the local hardware store so she wont have to borrow the neighbors

im so confident that she wont be let out of jail i will eat my FRONT DOOR
if she is released
How do the latest developments play into your "she'll confess" odds?
__________________
MissingAbducted on Facebook
  #19  
Old 08-17-2008, 03:20 PM
olive's Avatar
olive olive is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawlady84 View Post
Wait did we talk about the pink backback and BIG BLACK DUFFEL BAG found in the woods?

link: http://www.josephsjordan.com/caylee/Pink%20Backpack.jpg
That appears to be men's black board shorts, not a duffel bag. I enlarged the photo. And I can't tell if the pink thing is a backpack or some article of clothing.
__________________
No female, no matter how drunk, drugged, or provocatively dressed they may be, deserves to be ogled, harrassed, raped, or murdered. So stop the ignorant insinuations.
  #20  
Old 08-17-2008, 03:22 PM
technicalconfusion's Avatar
technicalconfusion technicalconfusion is offline
Curses! Foiled Again!
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Azeroth
Posts: 2,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthera View Post
Nothing like a hurricane though!
As a kid, I used to love them. One of my first memories is hearing my parents outside, my dad cussing up a storm putting the storm shutters down. And the wind whistling under the door.

As an adult? Fuggedaboutit! I have to get my household and my mothers household together, do all the shopping and prep. It's stressful as h377. We lost our roof during wilma and had a huge mess. But at least it wasn't Katrina.

I'm much happier when a hurricane thoughtfully avoids us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotdog View Post

im so confident that she wont be let out of jail i will eat my FRONT DOOR
if she is released

So you're gonna eat your phone and your door?
__________________
Faxing death threats to a location near you!
  #21  
Old 08-17-2008, 03:23 PM
olive's Avatar
olive olive is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
That appears to be men's black board shorts, not a duffel bag. I enlarged the photo. And I can't tell if the pink thing is a backpack or some article of clothing.
Upon more inspection, the pink thing looks to be a rain jacket.
__________________
No female, no matter how drunk, drugged, or provocatively dressed they may be, deserves to be ogled, harrassed, raped, or murdered. So stop the ignorant insinuations.
  #22  
Old 08-17-2008, 03:25 PM
donnam's Avatar
donnam donnam is offline
Jersey Girl
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: I am a lifelong resident of the beautful Jersey Shore.
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
That appears to be men's black board shorts, not a duffel bag. I enlarged the photo. And I can't tell if the pink thing is a backpack or some article of clothing.
I purchased my graddaughter this tent set last year.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=6121381

It also came with a nylon pink camo carrying bag. This is what the pink thing looks like to me.
  #23  
Old 08-17-2008, 03:28 PM
olive's Avatar
olive olive is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnam View Post
I purchased my graddaughter this tent set last year.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=6121381

It also came with a nylon pink camo carrying bag. This is what the pink thing looks like to me.
Great find! I concur- that is what it is!
__________________
No female, no matter how drunk, drugged, or provocatively dressed they may be, deserves to be ogled, harrassed, raped, or murdered. So stop the ignorant insinuations.
  #24  
Old 08-17-2008, 03:29 PM
strach304's Avatar
strach304 strach304 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 5,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawlady84 View Post
Wait did we talk about the pink backback and BIG BLACK DUFFEL BAG found in the woods?

link: http://www.josephsjordan.com/caylee/Pink%20Backpack.jpg
I was hopingto get clarification on that detail as well. IIRC George said Caylee had a backpack with monkeys on it?
  #25  
Old 08-17-2008, 03:33 PM
strach304's Avatar
strach304 strach304 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 5,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by pregodego2 View Post
This is from a little while ago, but i didn't have posting access yet when i read it and researched it.

There was a guy on Casey's page, he was from New York. Im almost positive that she wrote him while Caylee was missing and commented "i will call you soon". I found the song on his page a little odd considering the situation now happening and i looked up the words. It was quite disturbing considering the case at hand.

Now that casey's myspace is private, i can't find the guy's page anymore. Anyone know who and what im talking about or have a link to his page - his isn't private.
This city deserves a better type criminal and I'm going to give it to them. Is that the one? The line is from the Batman movie.
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Caylee Anthony 2 year old General Discussion #71 CW Media Links/General Discussion/Rules and Stickies 355 08-09-2008 02:58 AM
Caylee Anthony 2 year old General Discussion #51 CW Media Links/General Discussion/Rules and Stickies 542 08-05-2008 01:03 PM
Caylee Anthony 2 year old General Discussion #44 CW Media Links/General Discussion/Rules and Stickies 381 08-03-2008 06:34 PM
Caylee Anthony 2 year old General Discussion #36 CW Media Links/General Discussion/Rules and Stickies 364 08-01-2008 12:21 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:45 AM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!