Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.

Old 08-17-2008, 03:59 PM
#1 Colts Fan

2008.08.17 Items Found by Searchers in Wooded Area

I saw a little discussion regarding these photos on the Padilla thread, however I am wondering what has come of this so far?

http://www.josephsjordan.com/caylee/

Do we have a confirmation that these are Casey's belongings? Where did LE get this tip from to search this area (which I think is Jay Blanchard Park, right?)

I was searching for a thread regarding this, and surprisingly couldn't find one. Can anyone give me any info on this? What time was all this discovered yesterday?

Last edited by BondJamesBond; 03-23-2010 at 01:54 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coltsgal For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2008, 04:04 PM
Banned

I saw it mentioned online at around 3:00 CST yesterday. I've been looking for some confirmation as to if they are Casey's clothes, but haven't heard anything. Judging by the style of these clothes, I don't think that they belong to Casey. I think they look like something a homeless person left. Did anyone hear if they called the dogs in to see if the clothes smelled like "pizza"?
The Following User Says Thank You to my2cents For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2008, 04:32 PM

Donnam posted this is the general thread #98, post #22.

Quote:
I purchased my graddaughter this tent set last year.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=6121381

It also came with a nylon pink camo carrying bag. This is what the pink thing looks like to me.
Looks exactly like the pink thing in the pics, something belonging to a child.
The Following User Says Thank You to Marina2 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2008, 04:41 PM

on Fox earlier they had an interview outside the Anthony house reporter said LE is saying they have no reason to believe those items belonged to Casey or Caylee
Old 08-17-2008, 05:52 PM
Amazed and Baffled

Fox News reporting that "a group of Internet Bloggers conducting their very own search for little Caylee found a book bag & some child's clothing" -- who are they!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to krimekat For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2008, 05:55 PM
WS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by krimekat View Post
Fox News reporting that "a group of Internet Bloggers conducting their very own search for little Caylee found a book bag & some child's clothing" -- who are they!!!
I saw a quick video of them last night showing them around the wooded area. they just seems like regualr folk that went out there and started looking.

I know LE took some clothes, but I thought someone said last night in another thread that it was really a dead end. Not sure though.
The Following User Says Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2008, 06:00 PM
The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience

If you go to post 1 in this thread and click on the link I am pretty sure it's Joe.
He is MY hero. He is out there every single day looking for Caylee.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:02 PM
The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience

PS. He is a WS's member. He was first to tell us about the helicopters surrounding the Anthony's awhile back.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:17 PM
Banned

This is quoted from the "Photos Only - No Discussion" Thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephsjordansr View Post
http://www.josephsjordan.com/caylee/

August 17 Photos of Search Findings

Apologies in advance if this has been asked before (because I was busy with my life for the last 24 hours and haven't had time to read everything), but ........ are ALL of the photos at this link of items that were found together, in one pile? Or, did searchers/finders take photos of everything in the area that they found?
Thanks!

Selma
The Following User Says Thank You to SelmaClue For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2008, 06:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBean View Post
I saw a quick video of them last night showing them around the wooded area. they just seems like regualr folk that went out there and started looking.

I know LE took some clothes, but I thought someone said last night in another thread that it was really a dead end. Not sure though.
My thoughts are....... anyone can find a pile of clothing and stuff in any forest preserve. People dump or leave things all the time. That's why I asked if the items found were in one pile or just random stuff found during a romp in the woods.

The thing is, that little pink childs' dress can either be EASILY identified as belonging to Caylee - or not. On the other hand, maybe it could belong to another missing baby......... or the jeans to another missing adult woman.

I hope something comes of it. I just think that we'd already know if these items pertained to THIS case.

ETA: On yet ANOTHER hand, if the dress belonged to Caylee, none of the Anthony family members would admit it, if they seek to protect Casey --- right? It would have to be determined ala DNA. Bummer.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:35 PM
Actions speak louder than words

If the items appear to match the last known articles/accessories that Caylee was last wearing, why wouldn't LE bring in the cadaver dog(s). I should think they would either alert to Caylee's scent or decomp.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriKeet View Post
If the items appear to match the last known articles/accessories that Caylee was last wearing, why wouldn't LE bring in the cadaver dog(s). I should think they would either alert to Caylee's scent or decomp.
We don't know what LE is doing with the collected articles from the forest preserve, but we do know that this isn't the only case (sadly and hardly!) they're working on, so nobody can expect action and results inside of 24 hours. I don't believe that LE is inspired by publicity. I believe they do their job the same as the rest of us, day to day.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:15 PM

The people searching for Caylee are bloggers from the My Fox Orlando area blog. A group of them have gotten together and have been searching. I wish more people in Orando would get out and search since the family doesn't seem to be doing it or gathering up community spirit to do it. Today they found 2 colorful book bags and some more clothing that they are hopeful is meaningful and have turned it over to LE. I read the stuff that was found yesterday LE doesn't much stock into belonging to this case.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:53 PM

Like I said in the discussion thread, this is probably exaggerating, but I croppet one of the pictures where I saw what could be a maggot on something blue, just to the left of the pink article, and the pink article looks like it has a blood stain.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i2...Jessica006.jpg
Old 08-17-2008, 10:28 PM

I just noticed josephjordan posted new pics from today at the above link at the top of this thread....including a gas can found? Is this being discussed anywhere? If so, I can't find it. Please provide a link.

PS- Kudos to you josephjordan!
Old 08-17-2008, 11:08 PM
Banned

Be careful when finding evidence.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIqWsSZ3a2k
Old 08-17-2008, 11:14 PM
For nothing is secret that will not be revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by krimekat View Post
I believe that these are the blog posters from Fox or the Orlando Sentinel who organized and sent some folks out. Sigh.

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
― Maya Angelou
Old 08-17-2008, 11:15 PM
Expecting the Unexpected

Quote:
Originally Posted by headndownstream View Post
Like I said in the discussion thread, this is probably exaggerating, but I croppet one of the pictures where I saw what could be a maggot on something blue, just to the left of the pink article, and the pink article looks like it has a blood stain.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i2...Jessica006.jpg
To be fair, that could be a red dirt stain. I live in an area with bright orange soil and it makes an "iron rust" stain that looks like blood. If I put a pink tent out in my backyard for a few days with rain, it would have a similar mud stain.

I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain
Old 08-18-2008, 07:22 AM
"Life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage" ~ Anaïs Nin

We don't have red clay like in Tennessee, ThoughtFox =) Wish we did...used to have a bunch of fun as a kid when it rained in NC.

Mom and I were looking at pictures of the tank top...and the horizontal stain looks as if it could be blood transfer from carrying (hate to say it) Caylee. Mom brought up that the brown tinge on the white trim of the tank looks like dried blood, and I agree.

(OT: Mom, stop lurking and start posting! You have wonderful ideas.)

Last edited by Truthful Lies; 08-18-2008 at 03:45 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:14 AM
Justice for all victims!

If that gas can found has Casey's prints anywhere on it, Papa George is gonna be in trouble too!
Also, got to be DNA on the inside of the clothes and in the folds not exposed to the elements! I just wonder if these clothes belonged to Casey and little Caylee.
I am excited by the weekend finds! Especially the gas can! G'pa could have bought another new one! Maybe he still had one he found in the car as there was only 1 found this weekend!
Old 08-18-2008, 04:42 PM

I would not discount this clothing evidence and such yet.

http://wwwwbipicomlink.blogspot.com/...ns-size-5.html

"We found some things in this area ... blue jeans, size five from Express and a black tank top," Derrick Miller. Casey anthony wears a size five
Old 08-18-2008, 05:35 PM

Question: When Casey was talking to Lee about losing her phone at this park, did she say anything else about what she was doing there? I know it is speculated that she has been talking in code, could this have been a clue to her brother to go to the park and clean up some evidence for her? Just wonderin' . . .
Old 08-18-2008, 06:37 PM
Insert Custom User Title Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoelly View Post
Question: When Casey was talking to Lee about losing her phone at this park, did she say anything else about what she was doing there? I know it is speculated that she has been talking in code, could this have been a clue to her brother to go to the park and clean up some evidence for her? Just wonderin' . . .
Yeah, that whole conversation was weird...it wasn't very natural...not that it would be easy to have a natural conversation under the circumstances, but...it was like she's talking to him in code, but he's just not getting it...Okay, I am having a really hard time explaining what I mean...urgh!
Old 08-18-2008, 06:39 PM
Banned

There are many homeless persons camp grounds in wooded areas.
Persons can drop off clothing, food, etc. nearby.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberjack View Post
There are many homeless persons camp grounds in wooded areas.
Persons can drop off clothing, food, etc. nearby.
True Amberjack. And the quickest way to decide if these clothes belonged to Casey or Caylee is to show them to the Anthony's and ask if they've seen them before. But this family has us all so conditioned to believe that asking them anything is pointless we dispute the relevance of the clothing without them. ugh!
The Following User Says Thank You to MarleneM For This Useful Post: