Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #176  
Old 08-24-2008, 04:23 AM
Baznme's Avatar
Baznme Baznme is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Northern Adirondack Mountains
Posts: 4,226
They had to state it that way to cover their butts. They are supposed to be looking for a live person unless they find otherwise.
  #177  
Old 08-24-2008, 04:24 AM
yosande's Avatar
yosande yosande is offline
...
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 2,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmeblu View Post
I'd be surprised if LE has any evidence at all. With all the lies, who knows how long Casey and team had to clean, clean, clean.
Gee. No one is even absolutely certain of the time line. Thank goodness the video surfaced with Caylee and G/grandpa or Cindy would have been way wrong on when she last saw little Caylee.
MOO
unfortunately I think that Caylee sounds more like she's turning 2 in that video than 3. Did anyone see a date on the screen of that video?
also, the more recent pics of Caylee, where she looks older, she doesn't have any bangs. jmo
  #178  
Old 08-24-2008, 04:25 AM
yosande's Avatar
yosande yosande is offline
...
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 2,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarfreak View Post
is Casey that angry with her mother; that spiteful? I wonder who of Casey's friends Cindy has pissed off
or is it some big scam?
  #179  
Old 08-24-2008, 04:30 AM
CHICANA's Avatar
CHICANA CHICANA is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by santos1014 View Post
So in your opinion, does that mean the DNA didn't match Caylee??

In my opinion forensics didn't show that Caylee's body was in the trunk.
I don't think they want to admit that their homicide detective testified that he smelled a dead body where one didn't exist. The public would then have to doubt all the other findings by LE on the case.

I can't hear Captain Nieves say that they believe Caylee is alive and assume she's dead.

I will change my mind if they tell me that they have conclusive evidence that Caylee's body was in the trunk.
  #180  
Old 08-24-2008, 04:39 AM
JBean JBean is offline
WS Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Dana Point,CA
Posts: 20,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICANA View Post
In my opinion forensics didn't show that Caylee's body was in the trunk.
I don't think they want to admit that their homicide detective testified that he smelled a dead body where one didn't exist. The public would then have to doubt all the other findings by LE on the case.

I can't hear Captain Nieves say that they believe Caylee is alive and assume she's dead.

I will change my mind if they tell me that they have conclusive evidence that Caylee's body was in the trunk.
What's interesting about the decomp smell is that no one thought much of it the first 24-48 hours. It was reported in the 911 call but not thoroughly investigated. I just can't quite figure that out.
Even in the bond hearing the officer reported that they checked out all casey's stories and then he remembered someone saying something about a smell in the car. THEN he checked it out. IIRC,he asked George if he could take the car and George said yes.
So what I don't understand is why this decomp smell was not immediately investigated?
  #181  
Old 08-24-2008, 04:40 AM
santos1014's Avatar
santos1014 santos1014 is offline
Nana to Madelynn and Ethan
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICANA View Post
In my opinion forensics didn't show that Caylee's body was in the trunk.
I don't think they want to admit that their homicide detective testified that he smelled a dead body where one didn't exist. The public would then have to doubt all the other findings by LE on the case.

I can't hear Captain Nieves say that they believe Caylee is alive and assume she's dead.

I will change my mind if they tell me that they have conclusive evidence that Caylee's body was in the trunk.
And your take on the cadaver dogs hitting on the car and yard?
__________________
  #182  
Old 08-24-2008, 04:46 AM
yosande's Avatar
yosande yosande is offline
...
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 2,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleuthmommy View Post
I'm still in shock. I forgot about the thread with Desdemona's info on it. I think I got so buried in facts that didn't make sense to me at the time and seemed so far fetched. I am just so confused now. I keep thinking that maybe there was DNA evidence in the car but it wasn't Caylee's. I have always maintained that Casey was involved in drugs (not dealing) and this makes sense......... Someone mentioned in the other thread about the possibility of the managers at Sawgrass knowing the members of Society Entertainment..... Could it be as sorted as it sounds?????????????
I remember when I first starting lurking that someone said she discovered Fusian and the car race and the one lost children foundation or whatever it's called that GA got the billboard from, and was taking donations even though it wasn't legal yet, etc.etc. and she said she thought it was all a big scam and she was outta here. I looked and looked for it last night in the threads and couldn't find it. will keep looking though. She said the 90 day limit on the reward was connected to the car race, also owned by the same people. One huge scam to get people to donate funds to find Caylee. Always the conspiracy theorist, I kept it in my mind. This is either more mud in the water, or ?
  #183  
Old 08-24-2008, 04:49 AM
MommaD's Avatar
MommaD MommaD is offline
The Stars Do Not Lie..People Lie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,114
JBean??
__________________
Misty Where Is Sweet Haleigh?

Sweet Angel Caylee

Bless All the Little Angels

All I post is IMO
  #184  
Old 08-24-2008, 04:51 AM
JBean JBean is offline
WS Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Dana Point,CA
Posts: 20,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaD View Post
JBean??
yes??
  #185  
Old 08-24-2008, 04:56 AM
CHICANA's Avatar
CHICANA CHICANA is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by santos1014 View Post
And your take on the cadaver dogs hitting on the car and yard?
Inadequate handlers/ trainers ? Improper ques from their handlers. Is there video of the dogs hitting ?
They were hitting on something else, maybe blood ? I'll have to find the link, but one of the chemicals present during decomp is also in..... semen.
Was a used condom thrown back there ?
The dogs are used as tools, there has to be evidence to back up their findings and that's what I've been waiting for.
Everyone say's they should have been back weeks ago.
  #186  
Old 08-24-2008, 04:59 AM
CHICANA's Avatar
CHICANA CHICANA is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBean View Post
What's interesting about the decomp smell is that no one thought much of it the first 24-48 hours. It was reported in the 911 call but not thoroughly investigated. I just can't quite figure that out.
Even in the bond hearing the officer reported that they checked out all casey's stories and then he remembered someone saying something about a smell in the car. THEN he checked it out. IIRC,he asked George if he could take the car and George said yes.
So what I don't understand is why this decomp smell was not immediately investigated?
If the smell is as bad as I'm told, when LE found an address in Casey's car, they should have noticed it and asked GA for it right then.
  #187  
Old 08-24-2008, 05:01 AM
JBean JBean is offline
WS Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Dana Point,CA
Posts: 20,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICANA View Post
Inadequate handlers/ trainers ? Improper ques from their handlers. Is there video of the dogs hitting ?
They were hitting on something else, maybe blood ? I'll have to find the link, but one of the chemicals present during decomp is also in..... semen.
Was a used condom thrown back there ?
The dogs are used as tools, there has to be evidence to back up their findings and that's what I've been waiting for.
Everyone say's they should have been back weeks ago.
If I am not mistaken, one of the hurdles that had to be overcome with the dogs in the Laci case was that they had video of the same dogs that hit making errors on another case.
I am a big fan of the dogs, but they do make mistakes. not sure if it applies here, but they definitely do.
  #188  
Old 08-24-2008, 05:05 AM
JBean JBean is offline
WS Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Dana Point,CA
Posts: 20,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICANA View Post
If the smell is as bad as I'm told, when LE found an address in Casey's car, they should have noticed it and asked GA for it right then.
That's the part that boggles my mind. Either it was not as bad as reported or LE blew it. Not even a whisper mention of it in the police report. With a missing child a decomp smell, all LE had to do was ask for the car. Could be some important evidence in there; too important to wait for 1 or 2 days.
The detective said: I remembered some talk of or I remembered someone mentioned a smell and so we checked it out. It was very casual almost.
But it was reported on the 15th and they took the car the 17th.
  #189  
Old 08-24-2008, 05:06 AM
mkay882's Avatar
mkay882 mkay882 is offline
~~~Roll Tide~~~
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Margaritaville
Posts: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAWN TREADER View Post
Geez, I have never heard of a "dead pizza" but even if there was such a thing - I gotta believe it wouldn't smell anything like a dead body.
We've already been told a cadaver dog wouldn't hit on decayed food anyway....no matter how dead the pizza is.
...so that theory doesn't hold water
__________________
JMO, IMOO, JMHO

"Caylee's either coming home, or she's already gone home." (Richard Grund)
  #190  
Old 08-24-2008, 05:09 AM
txsvicki's Avatar
txsvicki txsvicki is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 14,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICANA View Post
Me too. But they have to have the results back, and Captain Nieves still said last night on Geraldo that "We believe the child is alive."
The way I understood, he was saying that they were getting info back from the FBI and forensics and then he said "We are working on the premise that the child is alive."

I had to listen to the interview again to put it into context. Geraldo asked Nieves if they believe Caylee to be alive or dead. Nieves responded to that specific question with "we believe she's alive, we're working on the premise that she's alive". They can't confirm Caylee's well being and will be led by the evidence to a conclusion. He said they are being led by the evidence several times.
  #191  
Old 08-24-2008, 05:14 AM
JBean JBean is offline
WS Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Dana Point,CA
Posts: 20,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICANA View Post
If the smell is as bad as I'm told, when LE found an address in Casey's car, they should have noticed it and asked GA for it right then.
So the responding officer apparently didn't notice the smell is all I can deduce.
oh and btw when they did go back and check it out, they asked George and Cindy if they could take the car and they said no problem.
this was discussed by the detective in the bond hearing.
  #192  
Old 08-24-2008, 05:20 AM
Periwinkle's Avatar
Periwinkle Periwinkle is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: US Alabama
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaD View Post
yes they do.. can turn a lead into shreads .. and I mean that in a good way.. jmo

I just remembered something I heard on tv yesterday. wish I would of paid more attention. but gosh I know it was fox news channel. thats all i have on .. but heard that the anthony's had to file for their 401k to get casey out of trouble . can't remember when they did this . gosh I wish that was brought more to light.. have you heard anything on this Chicana?
MommaD, do you still need info on that 401k ?
  #193  
Old 08-24-2008, 05:21 AM
MommaD's Avatar
MommaD MommaD is offline
The Stars Do Not Lie..People Lie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Periwinkle View Post
MommaD, do you still need info on that 401k ?
oh yes do you have some ?? TYI
__________________
Misty Where Is Sweet Haleigh?

Sweet Angel Caylee

Bless All the Little Angels

All I post is IMO
  #194  
Old 08-24-2008, 05:24 AM
CHICANA's Avatar
CHICANA CHICANA is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBean View Post
That's the part that boggles my mind. Either it was not as bad as reported or LE blew it. Not even a whisper mention of it in the police report. With a missing child a decomp smell, all LE had to do was ask for the car. Could be some important evidence in there; too important to wait for 1 or 2 days.
The detective said: "I remembered some talk of "or "I remembered someone mentioned" a smell and so we checked it out. It was very casual almost.
But it was reported on the 15th and they took the car the 17th.
I've thought they blew it from the beginning.
If the detective hadn't testified that he smelled decomp, I don't think Casey would have had a $500k bond.
  #195  
Old 08-24-2008, 05:28 AM
Periwinkle's Avatar
Periwinkle Periwinkle is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: US Alabama
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaD View Post
oh yes do you have some ?? TYI
It was on Greta OTR, she was talking about it, it was discussed on another forum, the person that posted it, was directed as to how to get in touch with Greta, I think there may have been a thread here, but not too sure, I know one member here was emailing a lot of WS members, the page in question, me included, can I send a link by PM? I'm not sure if I'm allowed to even post the link in the forum?
I also have the email that was sent to me, if anyone is interested?
It was sent to quite a few WS members the other night.
  #196  
Old 08-24-2008, 05:32 AM
JBean JBean is offline
WS Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Dana Point,CA
Posts: 20,221
good point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICANA View Post
I've thought they blew it from the beginning.
If the detective hadn't testified that he smelled decomp, I don't think Casey would have had a $500k bond.
It's almost as though the decomp smell was an afterthought. Like they listened to Cindy's call on the news and said oh yeah the smell!
We know it was reported to them,and we know the responding officer went in the car.
This is also why I do not fault Cindy for washing the pants. Even LE was not interested in the car so why would she worry about washing anything in it? I think she has taken a lot of heat over that and imo not her fault at all.She could have emptied out the car and shampooed the carpets before LE picked it up and it would have been reasonable to do so. Because no one gave a hoot about the smell until the 17th. If someone forgot to tell the detective about it, then that is a blunder also.

I have gone around on this issue many times and I am not here to bad mouth LE, but I still maintain there is something stinky about the stink. For a horrible odor that one never forgets, the responding officer seemed to have forgotten it or never noticed it, or did not consider it important.

Last edited by JBean; 08-24-2008 at 12:19 PM. Reason: date correction
  #197  
Old 08-24-2008, 05:39 AM
CHICANA's Avatar
CHICANA CHICANA is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBean View Post
It's almost as though the decomp smell was an afterthought. Like they listened to Cindy's call on the news and said oh yeah the smell!
We know it was reported to them,and we know the responding officer went in the car.
This is also why I do not fault Cindy for washing the pants. Even LE was not interested in the car so why would she worry about washing anything in it? I think she has taken a lot of heat over that and imo not her fault at all.She could have emptied out the car and shampooed the carpets before LE picked it up and it would have been reasonable to do so. Because no one gave a hoot about the smell until the 18th. If someone forgot to tell the detective about it, then that is a blunder also.

I have gone around on this issue many times and I am not here to bad mouth LE, but I still maintain there is something stinky about the stink. For a horrible odor that one never forgets, the responding officer seemed to have forgotten it or never noticed it, or did not consider it important.
You made some really good points and I agree. There was absolutely nothing in the report about it.
  #198  
Old 08-24-2008, 05:44 AM
mkay882's Avatar
mkay882 mkay882 is offline
~~~Roll Tide~~~
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Margaritaville
Posts: 807
Jumping in here...

My take:

Le is being vague during interviews with news media as not to tip their hand.

Casey will go to trial on her current charges.
Whatever time she is sentenced to she will serve. (up to 6 years right?)
I feel she will get more like 2 years...at most..

No matter.
Le will work their case while she is locked up, in order not to have to share their findings Baez.

They will not charge her until they have unshakable evidence Caylee is dead and Casey is responsible.

They have plenty of time.

IMO Casey is guilty of murder or manslaughter. Nothing else can explain the cadaver dog hits.
Not even a used and discarded condom ....unless the contributer was dead when the condom was used....the dogs won't 'hit'.
__________________
JMO, IMOO, JMHO

"Caylee's either coming home, or she's already gone home." (Richard Grund)
  #199  
Old 08-24-2008, 05:49 AM
CHICANA's Avatar
CHICANA CHICANA is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkay882 View Post
Jumping in here...

My take:

Le is being vague during interviews with news media as not to tip their hand.

Casey will go to trial on her current charges.
Whatever time she is sentenced to she will serve. (up to 6 years right?)
I feel she will get more like 2 years...at most..

No matter.
Le will work their case while she is locked up, in order not to have to share their findings Baez.

They will not charge her until they have unshakable evidence Caylee is dead and Casey is responsible.

They have plenty of time.

IMO Casey is guilty of murder or manslaughter. Nothing else can explain the cadaver dog hits.
Not even a used and discarded condom ....unless the contributer was dead when the condom was used....the dogs won't 'hit'.
I understand why you have this opinion I just didn't hear anything vague about "we believe Caylee is alive." If the dogs really hit on something, there should be something, so if they don't find conclusive evidence that there was a body in the trunk the dogs were wrong.
  #200  
Old 08-24-2008, 05:54 AM
mkay882's Avatar
mkay882 mkay882 is offline
~~~Roll Tide~~~
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Margaritaville
Posts: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICANA View Post
I understand why you have this opinion I just didn't hear anything vague about "we believe Caylee is alive." If the dogs really hit on something, there should be something, so if they don't find conclusive evidence that there was a body in the trunk the dogs were wrong.
I understand your point.
I just feel they're not being completely open, nor do I fell they have to be.
There is a lot they know we won't be privy to until the time comes.

I also don't think the dogs made a mistake, or that the law enforcement officer was willing to purger himself in court to say he smelled decomp.

but hey, thats just me...
Isn't debate wonderful?
__________________
JMO, IMOO, JMHO

"Caylee's either coming home, or she's already gone home." (Richard Grund)
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
ca-car smell lk dead bdy, casanove williams, dbc entertainment, dbc lived@sawgrass, derrick williams@sawgrass, forensics not back, gang signs, geraldo 8/23/08, geraldo's big comeback, kc frequented sawgrass, le-false sense securty, le=caylee alive, lp ck rm&jpc, lp doesn't care abt kc, lp doesn't like jb, lp not workin4jb, lp pay4cell phone pings, lp-5days 2return caylee, lp=kc gave caylee2people, pizza ordered june19

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Geraldo at Large - BD on right now. TopGunner Brianna Denison 2 02-23-2008 09:09 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:54 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!