Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
I hope they get back out there soon because Ike is only going to make a recovery worse and pushed back further.

Totally true,

i have a story to tell ya

in April 2007 I was a victim of home invasion robbery by 4 guys. They caught the guys who did it to me.. it happened on a Sunday night.. I was staying at my sisters house.. about 11 to 12 on Tuesday morning, I have heard on the news they have arrested one guy.. the PD and dectetive didn't notified me this. After I learned this I emailed the head det of the case, but she didn't responded back.. ALL day tuesday my family and i were wondering if they really arrested the scumbags. So on wednesday the det called us and let us know they arrested them...

they kept the story in wraps.

They caught the guys because I WAS HONEST to the PD and gaVE info which helped.....
Old 09-08-2008, 12:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven30CA View Post
Totally true,

in April 2007 I was a victim of home invasion robbery by 4 guys. They caught the guys who did it to me.. it happened on a Sunday night.. I was staying at my sisters house.. about 11 to 12 on Tuesday morning, I have heard on the news they have arrested one guy.. the PD and dectetive didn't notified me this. After I learned this I emailed the head det of the case, but she didn't responded back.. ALL day tuesday my family and i were wondering if they really arrested the scumbags. So on wednesday the det called us and let us know they arrested them...

They caught the guys because I WAS HONEST to the PD and gaVE info which helped.....
That is a terrible story. I am so sorry that happened to you but am glad you are alright and were empowered by being able to help in their arrest.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAG1959 View Post
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=54

Quote for Jmommy:
Don't know. BUT, there is alot of talk about this going on at those live chat sites. One user said this. "I have a friend who's a cop, he has inside information from the OPD, saying that they located her body today and cannot get to it. The area is covered in water and they have called in a special body recovery team to come out tomorrow to recover it. They've roped the area off and have it guarded". Now, I'm not sure if this is true or just speculation, but the girl that was posting this on the live chat site, said she trusted her cop friend and believed him. Of course, she could be lying too.

End quote

Brought this over from the other thread. Interesting - I have been trying to find the poster from here this afternoon that also searched today and he said that it was an "eventful and productive" day. He also said he drove by the area where he was searching and it was roped off as well.

So, could possibly one of those drone planes spotted something? Possibly a very small body (maybe wrapped in a rug?) and the area its in requires a hazmat recovery diving team (not usually available on a Sunday afternoon). Tomorrow might just be a very interesting day.
It could be in a drain pipe of some sort. For some reason I have wondered about big drain pipes like they put in areas to drain off the extra water when flooded. They are about 3' across.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
I don't know what to think, but in the video he does say the "ground search" is temporarily suspended, but they might continue searching with small boats and sonar, etc to eliminate other areas. So, I'm leaning towards they didn't find Caylee.

Do you have a link to that video?
Old 09-08-2008, 12:17 AM

I think if they find the body the anthony's will all say zanaida must have killed her and stuck her there.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPoo View Post
During a news conference with Orange County Sheriff Kevin Beary, Tim Miller from Equusearch announced that they will cease searching for Caylee Anthony -- at least for now.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/My...1&locale=EN-US
Old 09-08-2008, 12:18 AM
The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience

Quote:
Totally true,

Well you are right about this. LE is very good about keeping things quiet until they are ready to let anyone know.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:19 AM
"Achievement is its own reward - pride obscures it." - Major Briggs, Twin Peaks

Tonight all of this is very scary.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia PI View Post
During a news conference with Orange County Sheriff Kevin Beary, Tim Miller from Equusearch announced that they will cease searching for Caylee Anthony -- at least for now.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/My...1&locale=EN-US
Thanks!
Banned

Quote:
Totally true,

I am so glad they caught them. That had to be a horrible and terrifying experience.

They had one in a small county close to here, and the woman "heard" them walking on the porch before they kicked the door in. When the two of them kicked in the door, she blew them both away with a double barrel shotgun.

They didn't have to catch them, just clean up the mess. They picked the wrong woman's home. She was a member of "Second Amendment Sisters".

Quote:
I'll try to find it, I watched two of them (from different news stations?). Give me a few minutes though.

Quote:
I wonder why the live webcam link at the residence is still showing the same frame over and over, it's been doing this for a few hours now.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:21 AM

link to video

Equusearch halts search for Caylee

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pa...Y&pageId=1.1.1

halfway down the article the link is embedded
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy Andy View Post
Tonight all of this is very scary.
Why scary? Personally, I am HOPEFUL that they have found her. I pray they have. She needs to be put to rest, properly. That's why everyone is out there searching.

Quote:
Here is one of them... http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/My...1&locale=EN-US
Old 09-08-2008, 12:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorvillian View Post
One more small clue that something has happened today is the cops have suddenly decided to stop allowing the protests in front of the Anthony house.

The protesters where there when Casey was arrested...cops said nothing.
They were there when she came back from jail, the police asked them to try to keep it down for the neighbors sake.

This afternoon after the search stopped the police said that the protests where taking too many resources and had to stop.

It would be somewhat irresponsible to announce that the body has been found when an angry mob is right outside their front door.
I find that VERY interesting............and the fact the cams are not working too.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:23 AM

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/My...1&locale=EN-US Ok thanks for this link. Tim explains it well.
Truth Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy Andy View Post
Can I ask a simple question that has probably already been discussed and missed by me? Can anyone tell me why LE has not dug under the new slab, or pavers, in the Anthony backyard? Especially when cadaver dogs hit there? I would greatly appreciate some help here - I'm stuck wondering about this.

Thanks much,
DA
If you look at the pictures where they were searching the back yard (one of the news sites) you can see the pavers stacked up while they are digging. I don't know why people think they didn't check there, but it looks to me like they did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmommy View Post
Did you notice how that searcher says " I'll be watching the news very closely the next few days". She's trying to tell us without telling us. She comes right out and says, I don't want to say too much. Well if nothing happened today, then why would she be scared to say too much????
Yes and also said the search was "productive" ( or it was a productive day?), something to that effect. Also, the remains cannot be removed until me has gone over it and collected anything that can be collected, so if the remains are difficult to get to, that probably would require a special team.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:26 AM

I don't think the cam is manned at night. It seems to get stuck every night or get turned off.
I expect the cops have been chasing protesters away becasue fights have been breaking out and this is putting everyone in the area in danger.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:28 AM

Anyone know how close to the anthony house is to the search area?
Old 09-08-2008, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovescherries View Post
Yes and also said the search was "productive" ( or it was a productive day?), something to that effect. Also, the remains cannot be removed until me has gone over it and collected anything that can be collected, so if the remains are difficult to get to, that probably would require a special team.
Yes, and that's the post that gives me hope. However, we also have to keep in mind, there have been other finds that, apparently, didn't pan out. I wish we knew more...it's difficult not knowing.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:32 AM

Does anyone know if he left the area for certain?

That one post gives me hope, but Tim saying they may continue a boat and sonar search brings me back to doubting.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleuthyGal View Post
Why scary? Personally, I am HOPEFUL that they have found her. I pray they have. She needs to be put to rest, properly. That's why everyone is out there searching.
I am HOPEFUL and HORRIFIED at the same time!
Old 09-08-2008, 12:37 AM

If they did find her -- or think maybe they did -- then possibly it was decided that it was too late in the day to go in and recover. The remains (terrible word ...) could be situated such that recovery needs to be done with extra care, or special equipment, so as to not disturb potential other evidence, and full daylight preferred and perhaps there was not going to be enough daylight left to get that accomplished today.