Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > The Unidentified

Notices

The Unidentified Help give someone their name back so they can go home! Information, research and discussion of the Unidentified.

Old 10-02-2008, 08:48 AM

Question FL - Titusville - Skeletal Remains in woods near cemetary, Sept 2008

Hi
May I please ask if any one knows more on this or please keep me updated on this.

Boys find skeletal remains by woods

Unclear if bones from cemetery

BY JESSICA RAYNOR FLORIDA TODAY October 1, 2008 TITUSVILLE -- A forensic team will study bones found Tuesday near the Oaklawn Memorial Gardens and Mausoleums to determine their origin, Titusville police said.

Police found what appear to be human skeletal remains along a tree line at the north end of the cemetery. The area is often used as a shortcut for people walking to Dixie Avenue.

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbc...810010334/1006

suzanne

Last edited by CarlK90245; 04-08-2013 at 01:12 AM.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:20 AM

Hi
Has any one heard more on this?

http://www.local6.com/news/17587744/detail.html

suzanne
Old 10-07-2008, 10:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannec4444 View Post
Hi
Has any one heard more on this?

http://www.local6.com/news/17587744/detail.html

suzanne

No, anyone know this area?
Old 10-15-2008, 12:24 PM

I highly doubt that this is an actual case:

Teens find human skull near Titusville graveyard

Natalie Morera | Sentinel Staff Writer 1:55 PM EDT, October 1, 2008 A human skull was found in Titusville late Monday afternoon by a group of teenagers taking a shortcut by a graveyard, police say.

The skull was found in the northeast corner of the Oaklawn Memorial Gardens on Garden Street when the group of teenagers was taking a shortcut through a wooded area.

"It was found amongst several piles of soil where the cemetery deposits dirt when they dig graves," said Det. William Davies of the Titusville Police Department.

Davies said that along with the skull, several other bones were found.

Police had suspected that the skull was from a missing person from two years ago, but since have determined it is not. Davies could not elaborate on how the conclusion was drawn.

The bones have been sent over to the University of Florida's Forensic Anthropology Department to determine the age and gender.

"We can't determine age, but it doesn't appear to be a child hopefully they will be able to," Davies said, adding foul play is not suspected

Davies said the skull may have even been a result of an old grave that was inadvertently dug up. Information from forensic anthropologist will be used to identify the remains.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:23 PM

Hi
I haven't heard any thing new.I thought some one buried some one in the woods near the cementary.They thought the funeral home had something to do with the 8 skeletons found in FT Meyers at first too.But I guess nothing became of this skull found.I don't know.I hope we hear something about it.

suzanne
Old 11-02-2008, 04:51 PM

I'm curious to find out how old the cemetery is. The town dates back to the 1860s. If the cemetery is 100 years or more old, then it's possible there are some "lost" graves - people to poor to afford a headstone, or possibly an adjunct cemetery for slaves and free African Americans. If that's the case, then it might just be that they found an old unmarked grave rather than anything suspicious.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:48 PM
Im just living among all the madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluecat View Post
I'm curious to find out how old the cemetery is. The town dates back to the 1860s. If the cemetery is 100 years or more old, then it's possible there are some "lost" graves - people to poor to afford a headstone, or possibly an adjunct cemetery for slaves and free African Americans. If that's the case, then it might just be that they found an old unmarked grave rather than anything suspicious.
That could be the case or thats what the killers would want everyone to think.