Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Crimes in the News

Notices

Crimes in the News Read and comment about current crimes committed. Remember the copyright laws when posting news stories!

Old 10-13-2008, 08:16 AM
KICKING AND SHINING

Mom of six beaten to death with baseball bat

Edith Riley aged 35 was beaten to death with a baseball bat. Her 21 year old boyfriend was beaten so severly he could only be recognized by his rosary bead tattoo on his neck.

A neighborhood man Todd Peters has been arrested and charged with murder among other charges. It looks like this was an ongoing neighborhood fight. Cops had been to the street numerous times in the past few days. Car windshields were broken and tires slashed. Riley supposedly had a protection order out against another neighbor, and told friends she feared for her life.

People are nuts. What warrants beating people like that?

http://www.unionleader.com/article.a...8-85f0bed892c2
Old 10-13-2008, 08:41 AM

Those poor children. How sad they will grow up without their mom.

I hope for a speedy recovery to her partner.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:10 AM
I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain

I have always considered being beaten to death with something like a baseball bat or hammer would be a horrible, horrible way to die. I hope the first blow knocked her out.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:50 PM
KICKING AND SHINING

Edith Riley's mother has lost her daughter to murder. She is now going to court to get custody of the kids. Riley's partner is father of two of her children and his mother wants custody of those two children. Riley's mom don't want the kids split up.

This poor lady will have to plan a funeral, and get help for those kids. Still she is grateful to all the kindness people have shown.

Meanwhile it has come to light that Riley knew her murderer Peters since they were teens. King is still in critical condition. All this because one a-hole can't control himeself.

http://www.unionleader.com/article.a...0-443f75474a5c
Old 10-15-2008, 09:23 AM

Boy, I wonder what all of the fighting was about and what the last straw was for the killer? I know that it is maddening to have *****y neighbors where you can't do anything without them complaining but murder sure isn't the way to resolve the problems. Wonder if it had to do with loud music beings the boyfriend is only 21 years old. Quite an age difference there. A restraining order against some other neighbors??? Wow.

I hope the boyfriend survives. The neighbor was full of rage in order to kill her and nearly kill him with a baseball bat. I can't even imagine. How awful. I hope those kids weren't home when that happened.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:27 AM
A Dream is a wish your Heart Makes

I pray none of the children witnessed anything. It is bad enough for them to know what happened and be without their parents but I sure hope they did not witness them getting beat. So sad.

How old are the 6 children?

"She's Going Places," A Tribute Song For Caylee Anthony
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLudQC0MBJU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHZ79InLGRY
White Lion - When The Children Cry
Old 10-15-2008, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~Aimee~* View Post
I pray none of the children witnessed anything. It is bad enough for them to know what happened and be without their parents but I sure hope they did not witness them getting beat. So sad.

How old are the 6 children?

I just went back and read the article in the newspaper in the first post. It tells a lot about the family. Yes, some of the kids were home and the 12 yr old daughter found them. The killer was still there holding on to the bat and someone said that he smiled at the young girl as he walked by her. There are several comments by friends at the end of the article.